LC 3.4 Homeless Integration Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:53:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 3.4 Homeless Integration Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: LC 3.4 Homeless Integration Act (Passed)  (Read 1146 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2019, 09:34:16 AM »

I respectfully object to the above amendment.

1) The wording removed with L 3:11 should stay removed.

2) I understand the Councilor's concerns, however the benches classified in the bill are undeniably associated with the philosophy of "anti-homeless architecture." If we are seeking to generally forbid hostile design, I would argue that striking the bench line from the legislation muddles its definition (not that there is a concrete definition of this architecture - nor a measure in place to enforce banning certain architectural designs).

I would ask Councilor DKrol to respond to these objections.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2019, 01:20:52 PM »

2) I understand the Councilor's concerns, however the benches classified in the bill are undeniably associated with the philosophy of "anti-homeless architecture." If we are seeking to generally forbid hostile design, I would argue that striking the bench line from the legislation muddles its definition (not that there is a concrete definition of this architecture - nor a measure in place to enforce banning certain architectural designs).

Mr. Speaker,

On your first point, I agree. When I wrote the amendment, the L 3:11 had not been passed yet. I did not want to mimic that language in case L 3:11 was rejected and my amendment could be seen as a hostile attempt to push through the amendment.

On your second point, I believe that the needs of the physically impaired could be compromised by the wording of the bill. Perhaps if we could agree upon some language making it clear that the middle bar would have to be installed in the design with the purpose and intent of obstructing homeless people from sleeping there.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2019, 12:50:36 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

On your first point, I agree. When I wrote the amendment, the L 3:11 had not been passed yet. I did not want to mimic that language in case L 3:11 was rejected and my amendment could be seen as a hostile attempt to push through the amendment.

On your second point, I believe that the needs of the physically impaired could be compromised by the wording of the bill. Perhaps if we could agree upon some language making it clear that the middle bar would have to be installed in the design with the purpose and intent of obstructing homeless people from sleeping there.

How about this?

4. Anti-homeless architecture is hereby deemed illegal in Lincoln No locality in the region of Lincoln shall construct architecture designed with the purpose and intent of obstructing homeless persons.
  a. The DPL shall be entrusted with the authority to examine local ordinances and consult with local governments and community groups regarding hostile architecture.

a. Such as the following examples
        I. Spikes on public property clearly in reach of a possible sleeping area
        II. Middle handles on benches or other flat space on public sitting arrangements

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2019, 03:29:06 PM »

I wholly endorse that this legislation accept the revisions envisioned by our honorable Speaker.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2019, 03:10:36 PM »

Motion for a final vote.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2019, 03:30:10 PM »

Object. We have not yet received a response from Councilor DKrol regarding his amendment and whether my proposal is suitable. If it is, I would ask the Councilor opt to table his amendment and incorporate my change into a new one.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2019, 10:28:13 PM »

Mr. Speaker, I support your amendment. I motion to table my amendment in favor of yours.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2019, 07:40:47 PM »

Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2019, 02:46:24 PM »

With approval from the amendment's sponsor, Amendment L 3:13 by DKrol has been tabled in its present form and is updated with the text I proposed. As this was introduced and discussed without objection, the amendment was added to the bill.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2019, 06:01:56 PM »

For the last time
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2019, 03:30:05 PM »

Councilors, a Final Vote is now OPEN on the Following Legislation

Homeless Integration Act

Section I: Homeless aide

1. The Region of Lincoln shall ensure fair housing to the homeless by the establishment of the Department of Landless People (D.P.L.)
    a. The budget for the department shall be 0.2% of the annual Lincoln budget
    b. The department shall ensure that the needs of the Homeless are ensured, these needs include
        I. Nutritional needs of the homeless
        II. Their housing concerns
        III. Job and vocational training programs        
        IV. Subsiding the medical needs of the participants
2. The Region of Lincoln shall allocate 35% of its Luxury Tax to pay for the establishment of subsidized
    housing for the landless people of Lincoln
3. Any vagrancy or squatting laws affecting public property in Lincoln are hereby nullified
4. No locality in the region of Lincoln shall construct architecture designed with the purpose and intent of obstructing homeless persons.
  a. The DPL shall be entrusted with the authority to examine local ordinances and consult with local governments and community groups regarding hostile architecture.

Section II: initiation

1. This act takes effect on June 28th, 2022

Please vote AYE, NAY, or Abstain.
The vote shall last for 48 hours or until all Councilors have voted.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2019, 03:53:24 PM »

AYE
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2019, 03:53:41 PM »

AYE, we have a chance to really start something revolutionary in aiding those left destitute by the structure. This reform would go a long way in aiding the people by doing what works instead of what is based on false prerecognitions.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2019, 10:36:19 PM »

Aye
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2019, 03:08:06 PM »

Aye
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2019, 03:52:49 PM »

AYE
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2019, 12:05:07 PM »

The Final Vote on LC 3.4 Homeless Integration Act is now closed.
All Councilors have voted, therefore the time automatically expires.

Aye: 6 (Pyro, PSOL, Thr33, DKrol, NyIndy, 1J)
Nay: 0
Abstain: 0
Not Voting: 0

With unanimous approval, the Ayes have it! The legislation has PASSED.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2019, 09:03:27 PM »

Of course, this has become law already constitutionally speaking, but for formality's sake:

Homeless Integration Act

Section I: Homeless aide

1. The Region of Lincoln shall ensure fair housing to the homeless by the establishment of the Department of Landless People (D.P.L.)
    a. The budget for the department shall be 0.2% of the annual Lincoln budget
    b. The department shall ensure that the needs of the Homeless are ensured, these needs include
        I. Nutritional needs of the homeless
        II. Their housing concerns
        III. Job and vocational training programs         
        IV. Subsiding the medical needs of the participants
2. The Region of Lincoln shall allocate 35% of its Luxury Tax to pay for the establishment of subsidized
    housing for the landless people of Lincoln
3. Any vagrancy or squatting laws affecting public property in Lincoln are hereby nullified
4. No locality in the region of Lincoln shall construct architecture designed with the purpose and intent of obstructing homeless persons.

Section II: initiation

1. This act takes effect on June 28th, 2022

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies