Are you a member of the LGBT+ community?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:56:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Are you a member of the LGBT+ community?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Poll
Question: Q. Above
I am a member of the LGBT+ community

I am not a member of the LGBT+ community

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 187

Author Topic: Are you a member of the LGBT+ community?  (Read 4922 times)
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2019, 03:51:56 PM »

I think people should spend less time trying to have a label and spend more time enjoying life.

Love is love.

Part of enjoying life is understanding yourself better and finding community.

To the question: Yes, recently dropped literally decades of hardline denial but am still deep in the closet outside of a few corners of the internet where I go for comfort and positive human interaction (this is not one of those places.)

On a side note, I have also been publicly out as asexual for the last several years though after realizing it's something that exists and not just me-specific.
Part of enjoying life isn't trying to answer himself some philosophical questions.

Or, you know, maybe some people see it as simple self-fulfillment and not some deep philosophical issue?
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2019, 08:47:23 PM »

titanium b, safe t
538Electoral

« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2019, 10:29:07 PM »

Nope.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2019, 12:36:36 PM »

No, nor am I an "ally". I just simply tolerate them at best.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2019, 02:15:31 PM »

I can’t say I think any LGBT+ person is too overly concerned about your “toleration”, or lack thereof. This isn’t 1990.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2019, 06:06:04 PM »

I can’t say I think any LGBT+ person is too overly concerned about your “toleration”, or lack thereof. This isn’t 1990.

Maybe not where you live...
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2019, 07:03:28 PM »

And at worst if "toleration is the best"---- what do you do at the worst???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Milk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps8VmNTfK8k

Sorry sunshine, this isn't some type of 1950s timewarp, we can marry who we want to marry today, even in Indiana.

Rocky Horror Show: Let's Do the Timewarp Again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umj0gu5nEGs

We can love who we choose to love.

Just because 30 years ago I was attracted to a close guy friend, with no sex involved, doesn't mean I couldn't have swung that way in the late '80s.

Guess I decided I was a straight guy at some point between '87 and '94, but still was an "ally" and went to some really fun parties with my LGB friends over the decades, where the music was better, situation more chill, and nobody gave an "eff" about who sleeps with who and sexual identity and orientation.

I sincerely apologize if I upset your Mr. Nice "Midwest Values", but it sounds to me like you are hanging out in the wrong party, but at least appreciate you dropping in, and maybe you can explain your position further, since although I wasn't trying to be rude, honestly a one sentence post like that sounds a bit off to the rest of us....

Please explain what you mean by: " I just simply tolerate them at best.".

I strongly suspect that maybe you quickly shot off an unintended post way too early, but without further clarification, you do appear to come off like a bit strong with hard denials.

Okay--- since you are late to the party, recognize that it's actually really fun, even for straight folks hanging out with friends, family members, co-workers, and meeting random people from a wide variety of life experiences.....

Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2019, 01:06:50 PM »

Sorry sunshine, this isn't some type of 1950s timewarp, we can marry who we want to marry today, even in Indiana.

Just because 30 years ago I was attracted to a close guy friend, with no sex involved, doesn't mean I couldn't have swung that way in the late '80s.

Guess I decided I was a straight guy at some point between '87 and '94, but still was an "ally" and went to some really fun parties with my LGB friends over the decades, where the music was better, situation more chill, and nobody gave an "eff" about who sleeps with who and sexual identity and orientation.

I sincerely apologize if I upset your Mr. Nice "Midwest Values", but it sounds to me like you are hanging out in the wrong party, but at least appreciate you dropping in, and maybe you can explain your position further, since although I wasn't trying to be rude, honestly a one sentence post like that sounds a bit off to the rest of us....

I strongly suspect that maybe you quickly shot off an unintended post way too early, but without further clarification, you do appear to come off like a bit strong with hard denials.

Okay--- since you are late to the party, recognize that it's actually really fun, even for straight folks hanging out with friends, family members, co-workers, and meeting random people from a wide variety of life experiences.....

I respect them until they turn into SJWs and PC police. Please don't call me sunshine, it's very condescending. And you could have said your point without being do passive-aggressive.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2019, 01:23:18 PM »

I respect them until they turn into SJWs and PC police. Please don't call me sunshine, it's very condescending. And you could have said your point without being do passive-aggressive.

What does that have to with being LGBT?
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2019, 01:31:58 PM »

What does that have to with being LGBT?

It means I tolerate them as people, even though I don't agree with them. But I lose my respect for ANYONE, not just LGBTQ, if they turn into SJWs or PC police.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2019, 07:22:00 PM »

Yes
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2019, 03:20:49 AM »

No, I am not. Also:

Atlas has been about 40% LGBT for years.

The first reply was right on the money with the proportion.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2019, 03:41:35 AM »

Yep.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2019, 06:23:55 AM »

It means I tolerate them as people, even though I don't agree with them. But I lose my respect for ANYONE, not just LGBTQ, if they turn into SJWs or PC police.

So you only tolerate people who align with your politics? What a f-cking delicate snowflake.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2019, 09:00:20 AM »

So you only tolerate people who align with your politics? What a f-cking delicate snowflake.

Uh, no. That's not what I meant by that at all.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2019, 10:24:58 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2019, 10:30:19 AM by libertpaulian »

I'm a member of the "G" gang, so yes.

Safe G, Titanium Cis.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2019, 10:57:31 AM »

No, but I was one of the first people in my class to openly support gay marriage.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2019, 04:57:44 PM »

I'm asexual, so I'm kind of in a gray area. It really depends on who you ask whether they consider me part of the community. I voted "Yes," but I could go either way.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2019, 05:14:51 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2019, 07:03:16 AM by Farmlands »

There's a ton more LGBT members here than I expected. I am too, but have kept that and my interest in politics mostly to the virtual world.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2019, 05:28:03 PM »

I'm asexual, so I'm kind of in a gray area. It really depends on who you ask whether they consider me part of the community. I voted "Yes," but I could go either way.

I have always wondered what it would be like to feel absolutely no sexual feelings. Just sounds a bit strange to comprehend to me. IDK, probably because I've been a horny f-ck ever since I was 10
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2019, 05:29:30 PM »

Yes, by association (see Wulfric's rule).
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2019, 05:49:58 PM »

I have always wondered what it would be like to feel absolutely no sexual feelings. Just sounds a bit strange to comprehend to me. IDK, probably because I've been a horny f-ck ever since I was 10

I'm not saying I never have sexual feelings, because I do from time to time, but I feel no real desire to pursue or act on them. Asexuality has its own spectrum of expression, too.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2019, 09:10:59 PM »

I'm not saying I never have sexual feelings, because I do from time to time, but I feel no real desire to pursue or act on them. Asexuality has its own spectrum of expression, too.

I'm pretty much at one end of the spectrum personally--never felt any sort of sexual or romantic feelings (despite trying to force myself to, growing up being told it meant something was broken with me)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2019, 11:56:14 PM »

I think so
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix