Strasbourg bans a certain flag because they know so many Frenchies are racists
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:54:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Strasbourg bans a certain flag because they know so many Frenchies are racists
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strasbourg bans a certain flag because they know so many Frenchies are racists  (Read 854 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 02, 2019, 12:37:19 PM »

you ought to be embarrassed, you ought to be doing something to fix it...but instead you just punish more Jews

real classy France.  Good job.

The Israeli team of Maccabi Haifa Football Club meet the Racing Club of Strasbourg this Thursday, July 25 at 20:45 at the stadium Meinau, as part of the second round of the Europa League. To avoid "serious disturbances of public order", the prefecture of Bas-Rhin has made an order limiting access to several areas of Strasbourg to supporters from Israel. The goal: "to prevent any meeting, including fortuitous, between the supporters of both teams, which could give rise to tensions or brawls. "

Israeli supporters banned from certain areas in Strasbourg

The prefecture of Bas-Rhin recalls that the prefect has the power to restrict the freedom to come and go of all supporters "whose presence is likely to cause serious disturbance to public order". This Thursday, July 25, the restrictions will apply in the first place to the Israeli supporters:

"It is forbidden on Thursday, July 25, 2019, from 10:00 to 24:00, to any person claiming the support quality of Maccabi Haifa FC, or behaving as such, to drive or park on public roads on the following roads and perimeters : Strasbourg Central Station (SNCF), Place de la Gare and adjacent streets. Grande-Īle (or island ellipse) of Strasbourg city center, Place du Corbeau, rue des Bouchers, rue d'Austerlitz, Austerlitz square and rue de la Brigade-Alsace-Lorraine. around the Meinau stadium, including Avenue de Colmar, rue Montessori, rue de l'Extenwoerth, rue Staedel, rue de la Flachenbourg, track Georges Speicher and rue des Ciriers. On the grounds of the Meinau stadium, with the exception of the area reserved for visiting fans. "
boggles the mind how the officials could come up with banning the victims as the...ahem....solution to their problem.  Is that how you solved the raping in train station problem?  Banning women from trains?
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 12:44:51 PM »

The worry, as the article goes on to explain, being the link between certain RC Strasbourg supporters and the far right - not, as dead0 seems to be implying, with Muslims.

Of course, I find that there is a certain irony in  accusing other societies of being racist while holding racist opinions yourself; but that might just be me.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 01:14:38 PM »

The worry, as the article goes on to explain, being the link between certain RC Strasbourg supporters and the far right - not, as dead0 seems to be implying, with Muslims.
did you miss the thread title?

Of course, I find that there is a certain irony in  accusing other societies of being racist while holding racist opinions yourself; but that might just be me.
it is, I was implying that there were racists in France and that the official response to that racism was more racism, and that's bad.  You can be defensive and push back if you want, it won't change how racist France is.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 08:29:52 AM »

Of course, I find that there is a certain irony in  accusing other societies of being racist while holding racist opinions yourself; but that might just be me.

There is equal irony in his predictable posts where he blasts Europe/blue states for being dumb, while rarely being able to offer more argument than "big gubmint sucks".
Epaminondas

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 02:19:00 PM »

boggles the mind how the officials could come up with banning the victims as the...ahem....solution to their problem.  Is that how you solved the raping in train station problem?  Banning women from trains?

Most shocking thing in this thread: you were able to leave the right-wing media bubble.

I think you should hurry back to American Greatness or American Thinker, Rue89 is much too left-wing for you to understand.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 02:37:50 PM »

Anybody who has done a European away day know that certain police forces don't give you the freedom of a city. Last year the entire Frankfurt support were banned from the city of Marseille. Ridiculous dradonian policing in France is to blame, not racism. 
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 07:19:43 PM »

Anybody who has done a European away day know that certain police forces don't give you the freedom of a city. Last year the entire Frankfurt support were banned from the city of Marseille. Ridiculous dradonian policing in France is to blame, not racism. 
were the Frankurt supporters banned because they might be harmed by bigots or was it because Frankfurt supporters are c**nts with a reputation?  I honestly don't know, I assume some things, but I don't know.

I agree with you about general authoritarianism by local govts, it's bad.
Epaminondas

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 12:33:14 PM »

Football fans of large teams do not have the best reputation.

I agree with you about general authoritarianism by local govts, it's bad.

Not exactly authoritarianism. But yes, since the state of emergency was declared after the Bataclan in Nov 2015, the police are everywhere. It's like the TSA: largely a waste of money, but who would take the risk to scale down in our age of finger-pointing?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 01:20:28 PM »

FFS, people. Its just a game! Most of these guys are just millionaires paid by some rando billionaire just to play at a stadium that said billionaire is leasing from some other billionaire. I mean, its neat talking about said millionaire's tactics and training and said billionaire's strategy and of course the private lives they command from the unlimited resources bestowed upon them. People need to either play more with their animals, guns, robots, or whatever they like where they won't total my car or cause me to take an hour just to drive 5 miles from home to work. They could always try having sex or more sex. Have they tried marijuana? Maybe its time.

TLDR: This entire situation is unnecessary and gratuitous.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies