Universal health care (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:14:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Universal health care (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support a universal, single-payer healthcare system provided by the federal government?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 165

Author Topic: Universal health care  (Read 25397 times)
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« on: December 05, 2005, 09:55:16 PM »

No.  The universe can pay for its own health care.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 10:14:09 PM »

Maybe not in self centred-Libertarian land, but here in the land where people care about one another, it is.  Health care is my right, and I'll be damned if a greedy Libertarian will say otherwise.

I'll be sure to bill all my health bills to Canada.  If it s a right, you will surely pay for mine with a smile.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 10:27:09 PM »

I'll be sure to bill all my health bills to Canada.  If it s a right, you will surely pay for mine with a smile.

See my comment below.  You are already paying for other people's health care.

You are operating under the assumption I have health insurance.  I, in fact, do not.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 10:30:27 PM »

You are operating under the assumption I have health insurance.  I, in fact, do not.

That is quite foolish for a 33-year old. Let's hope you remain in good health.

No, I have made other arrangements to pay for long term health issues I may get.

Though I am going to get full coverage paid for by my employer soon.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 10:31:35 PM »

Maybe not in self centred-Libertarian land, but here in the land where people care about one another, it is.  Health care is my right, and I'll be damned if a greedy Libertarian will say otherwise.

Get your own free health care. You don't pay into our system, so you don't get to reap the benefits.

So candians who do not pay taxes and thus do not pay into the system should not get the coverage then, right?
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 11:03:54 PM »

Ahh, going down that route are we? Let me choose a different path then, health care is a right in Canada. Clearly, it is not a right in the U.S. It's a right, it's my right as a Canadian citizen. And it should be a right for Americans. However, since it isn't, and since the U.S. is a different jurisdiction altogether, don't expect me to pay your health care costs.

You asserted that Tredrick shouldn't get healthcare from your system because he doesn't pay into it - if a Canadian doesn't pay into the system, why should he receive healthcare from it?

Because it is a right in Canada

So if I go to Canada, can I get free health care?  Could be worth a car ride.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies