Australia Paying Citizens to Procreate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:59:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Australia Paying Citizens to Procreate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Australia Paying Citizens to Procreate  (Read 2535 times)
Kodratos
Ataturk

« on: May 12, 2004, 09:03:42 PM »

I love John Howard
Kodratos
Ataturk

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 06:13:06 AM »

I despise him. This budget is a joke. They are giving tax cuts to people over $52000 a year, but nthing to those under, and the excuse the american use that "it will boost the economy" just doesnt work, we have the most sucessful economy in the western world. That is partially due to the Howards government, for sure, but if the price is appaling social positions, then it isn't worth it.

The baby bonus, btw, is stupid. we need to boost our birthrate by bringing in young immigrants, refugees, asylum seekers, etc etc. Whilst we should encourage our current citizens to have babies, we shouldn't do it finacially. We should encourage them to have kids in a country with oustanding education, healthcare, liberties, diversity, etc etc.

Immigrants, refugees, asylum seekers? Most Australians don't want them there(Maybe not in Darlinghurst). I seem to remember a certain boat from Norway, and that it was the best thing to ever happen to Howards career as Prime Minister. He wouldn't even be Prime Minister had he not taken such a hardline stance on immigration.

I think however only giving tax cuts to those earning $52,000 or more is unfair(even though that is not a very high wage in Australian dollars).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies