LC 3.8 Lincoln Symbols Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:35:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 3.8 Lincoln Symbols Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 3.8 Lincoln Symbols Act (Passed)  (Read 516 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 09, 2019, 10:47:03 AM »
« edited: August 24, 2019, 03:25:40 PM by Pyro »

Lincoln Symbols Act
Section I. The Flag of Lincoln

1. The Flag of Lincoln shall be depicted as thirteen stripes alternating maroon and yellow; the blue-fielded canton of the upper-lefthand side of the flag featuring a yellow sailboat as tribute to our boating and fishing culture, to celebrate and promote the conservation of the region's many lakes and bodies of water, surrounded by a ring of fourteen stars, each representing a single constituent state of Lincoln.

2. The Flag of Lincoln shall recognize the history and cultural identity of Lincoln.

3. The Flag of Lincoln shall be flown above regional offices beside the National Flag of Atlasia.

4. The Governor of Lincoln shall be granted the right to appoint and organize a flag-change committee once per term, with a final decision contingent upon a two-thirds majority in the Lincoln Council.

Section II. The Great Seal of Lincoln

1. The Great Seal of Lincoln shall feature the Liberty Bell in a navy blue background above the Official Motto of Lincoln, the border embroidered with blue rings, surrounded by maroon rings, overlapped by yellow petals.

2. The Great Seal of Lincoln shall recognize the history and cultural identity of Lincoln.

3. The Great Seal of Lincoln shall be present and visible in all regional offices and placed upon official podiums within the Council Chamber and the Offices of Governor, Speaker and Chancellor.

Section III: The Official Motto of Lincoln

1. The official motto of Lincoln shall be inscribed in Latin: Verum potestatem facit lex, translated to English: Truth, not power, makes law.

Section IV: The Anthem of Lincoln

1. Lincoln shall have three recognized regional anthems. These shall be as follows.

a. "Battle Cry of Freedom," written in 1862 by George Frederick Root.

b. "Solidarity Forever," written in 1914 by Ralph Chaplin.

Section V: The Flower of Lincoln

1. The Carnation shall be recognized as the Official Flower of Lincoln.

Section VI: The Bird of Lincoln

1. The Red-Tailed Hawk shall be recognized as the Official Bird of Lincoln.

Section VII: The Pokémon of Lincoln

1. Bulbasaur shall be recognized as the Official Pokémon of Lincoln, as well as the Official Kanto Starter of Lincoln as per Resolution L 15.11.

2. Arceus shall be recognized as the Official Legendary Pokémon of Lincoln as per Resolution L 15.11.

Section VIII. And The Rest

1. The Official Northern Symbols Act AKA the Northern Regional Symbols Act of 2016 (N141) is hereby repealed.

Section IX: Enactment

1. This bill shall become law upon the signing of the Governor.

Sponsor: Pyro

The Debating Period has commenced. It shall last no less than 72 hours.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 10:53:55 AM »

This is a reintroduction of a bill that did not have the opportunity to come to a vote last session.

"This legislation seeks to update the rather dilapidated Northern Regional Symbols Act with several minor alterations. One important difference from the original bill is that any mention of "North", "Northern", or "Northern Region" is rightly replaced with "Lincoln" in appropriate locations.

I have also swapped out the Official Bird and Flower of Lincoln, and added additional anthems for Lincoln. These are all certainly subject to change.

The most significant update in this legislation is that it would allow the Governor to open a flag-change committee once per term as desired. I believe that our flag is overdue for an upgrade, and this would start that process. The mandated two-thirds majority approval will prevent overly partisan flag designs. (As an aside, I was originally considering "once per year" or "once every two years" but considering the speed of the game, I think once per term is fine.)"
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 11:30:03 AM »

I have addressed several concerns and suggestions from Fmr Councilors Poirot and SNJC.

I introduce the following amendment:

Lincoln Symbols Act

1. The Flag of Lincoln shall be depicted as thirteen stripes alternating maroon and yellow; the blue-fielded canton of the upper-lefthand side of the flag featuring a yellow sailboat as tribute to our boating and fishing culture, to celebrate and promote the conservation of the region's many lakes and bodies of water, surrounded by a ring of fourteen stars, each representing a single constituent state of Lincoln.

2. The Flag of Lincoln shall recognize the history and cultural identity of Lincoln.

3. The Flag of Lincoln shall be flown above regional offices beside the National Flag of Atlasia.

4. The Governor of Lincoln shall be granted the right to appoint and organize a flag-change committee once per term tenure. The final design proposal must be presented to the Council of Lincoln in the form of legislation. The flag design may only be considered valid with a final decision contingent upon a two-thirds majority in the Lincoln Council. In the event that the Council disapproves, the Governor may send the bill to referendum.

1. The Great Seal of Lincoln shall feature the Liberty Bell in a navy blue background above the Official Motto of Lincoln, the border embroidered with blue rings, surrounded by maroon rings, overlapped by yellow petals.

2. The Great Seal of Lincoln shall recognize the history and cultural identity of Lincoln.

3. The Great Seal of Lincoln shall be present and visible in all regional offices and placed upon official podiums within the Council Chamber and the Offices of Governor, Speaker and Chancellor.

1. The official motto of Lincoln shall be inscribed in Latin: Verum potestatem facit lex, translated to English: Truth, not power, makes law.

Section IV: The Anthem of Lincoln

1. Lincoln shall have three recognized regional anthems. These shall be as follows.

Section VII: Animal of Lincoln

1. The White Tailed Deer shall be recognized as the Official Animal of Lincoln.

Section VIII: Marine Animal of Lincoln

1. The Atlantic Cod shall be recognized as the Official Marine Animal of Lincoln.

Section IX: Insect of Lincoln

1. The Cicada shall be recognized as the Official Insect of Lincoln.

Section X: Food of Lincoln

1. Pumpkin Pie shall be recognized as the Official Food of Lincoln as per The Lincoln Culture Act L 15.12 and the subsequent election results.

Section VII XI: The Pokémon of Lincoln

1. Bulbasaur shall be recognized as the Official Pokémon of Lincoln, as well as the Official Kanto Starter of Lincoln as per Resolution L 15.11.

2. Arceus shall be recognized as the Official Legendary Pokémon of Lincoln as per Resolution L 15.11.

Section VIII XII. And The Rest

1. The Official Northern Symbols Act AKA the Northern Regional Symbols Act of 2016 (N141) is hereby repealed.

Section IX XIII: Enactment

Sponsor: Originator, Friendly
Status: 24 Hours for Objection, Otherwise Added to the Bill
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 11:34:23 AM »

Can the Speaker PyroTheFox please go into detail why Arceus would be the best legendary Pokémon for the Region of Lincoln?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 11:38:12 AM »

Can the Speaker PyroTheFox please go into detail why Arceus would be the best legendary Pokémon for the Region of Lincoln?

That is already law. This just adds it to an up-to-date symbols list.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 11:37:56 PM »

Without objection, Amendment L 3:12 is added to the bill.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 09:24:37 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

I present the following amendment.

Section IV: The Anthems of Lincoln

b. "Solidarity Forever," written in 1914 by Ralph Chaplin. "I Ain't Marching Anymore, written in 1964 by Phil Ochs.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 09:38:47 AM »

I would support the addition of the Phil Ochs song to the list, but I do not support striking "Solidarity Forever."

Amendment L 3:14 by DKrol to LC 3.8 Lincoln Symbols Act

b. "Solidarity Forever," written in 1914 by Ralph Chaplin. "I Ain't Marching Anymore, written in 1964 by Phil Ochs.

Sponsor: Hostile
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 01:13:05 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

I amend my amendment to reflect the following:

c. "I Ain't Marching Anymore," written in 1964 by Phil Ochs.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2019, 02:47:27 PM »

Per the Amendment Sponsor's request, Amendment L 3:14 has been tabled.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2019, 02:47:40 PM »

Amendment L 3:16 by DKrol to LC 3.8 Lincoln Symbols Act

Sponsor: Friendly
Status: 24 Hours for Objection, Otherwise Added to the Bill
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2019, 01:48:58 PM »

Without Objection, Amendment L 3:16 by DKrol is added to the bill.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2019, 03:55:11 PM »

Do my fellow Councilors have any additional proposals or concerns prior to a vote?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2019, 10:37:39 PM »

I'm in support of the bill as it now stands.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2019, 03:50:03 PM »

OK - I cast a motion for a Final Vote.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 08:37:45 AM »

OK - I cast a motion for a Final Vote.

I second.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2019, 09:14:15 AM »

Councilors, a Final Vote is now OPEN on the Following Legislation

Lincoln Symbols Act

4. The Governor of Lincoln shall be granted the right to appoint and organize a flag-change committee once per tenure. The final design proposal must be presented to the Council of Lincoln in the form of legislation. The flag design may only be considered valid upon a two-thirds majority in the Lincoln Council. In the event that the Council disapproves, the Governor may send the bill to referendum.

1. The Atlantic Cod shall be recognized as the Official Marine Animal of Lincoln.

1. Pumpkin Pie shall be recognized as the Official Food of Lincoln as per The Lincoln Culture Act L 15.12 and the subsequent election results.

Section XI: The Pokémon of Lincoln

Section XII: And The Rest

Section XIII: Enactment

Please vote AYE, NAY, or Abstain.
The vote shall last for 48 hours or until all Councilors have voted.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2019, 12:04:33 PM »

Aye
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2019, 01:01:05 PM »

AYE
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2019, 12:32:12 AM »

Aye
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2019, 03:25:24 PM »

The the Final Vote on LC 3.8 Lincoln Symbols Act is now closed.

Aye: 4 (Thr33, PSOL, Pyro, DKrol)
Nay: 0
Abstain: 0
Not Voting: 2 (NyIndy, 1J)

The Ayes have it. The legislation has PASSED.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2019, 06:20:27 PM »

Missed this, but aye ftr.  Tongue
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2019, 04:25:50 PM »

Lincoln Symbols Act

4. The Governor of Lincoln shall be granted the right to appoint and organize a flag-change committee once per tenure. The final design proposal must be presented to the Council of Lincoln in the form of legislation. The flag design may only be considered valid upon a two-thirds majority in the Lincoln Council. In the event that the Council disapproves, the Governor may send the bill to referendum.

Section XI: The Pokémon of Lincoln

Section XII: And The Rest

Section XIII: Enactment

Good good! I'll hold conversations with some regarding the flag Smiley.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies