LC 3.11 Protecting Our Information Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:26:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 3.11 Protecting Our Information Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 3.11 Protecting Our Information Act (Passed)  (Read 369 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 10, 2019, 10:44:19 AM »
« edited: August 19, 2019, 03:36:41 PM by Pyro »

Protecting Our Information Act
Section I: NAME
The act shall be known as the "Protecting Our Information Act"

Section II: USE OF BILL
This will make sure that Lincolnites will be protected from data companies that most people have never known about and companies like Amazon, Google, and Apple to make sure that if it sells its information, it will be prosecuted, and to protect the data from companies.

Section III: Bill
1. All companies must strictly regulate their terms by following the rules or they will be prosecuted.

a. It will be illegal to sell peoples information to other companies including private information.
    i. Private Information and data include tax returns, bank accounts, and health records.

b. You have to have consent, and cookies and trackers will have to fully disclose their information, and if you sell "private information and data", and you have the right to deny tracking cookies, and extensions have to follow the rules, and Extention and app stores, you can't allow sharing the location, unless it is an app that requires your location, like Uber, Lyft, and Doordash.

c. If the company or app store doesn't follow the rules, the state will sue the company/person who didn't allow the consent and the private information rules.

Section IV: TIMING

This will be implemented on September 1st, 2019.

Sponsor: Ishan

The Debating Period has commenced. It shall last no less than 72 hours.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 10:35:05 PM »

The lack of any debate shows that all councilors have already made up their minds about this bill. I’d say that it’s time to move forward to voting procedure.

Motion for a final vote.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 02:54:26 PM »

Councilors, a Final Vote is now OPEN on the Following Legislation

This will make sure that Lincolnites will be protected from data companies that most people have never known about and companies like Amazon, Google, and Apple to make sure that if it sells its information, it will be prosecuted, and to protect the data from companies.

1. All companies must strictly regulate their terms by following the rules or they will be prosecuted.

a. It will be illegal to sell peoples information to other companies including private information.
    i. Private Information and data include tax returns, bank accounts, and health records.

b. You have to have consent, and cookies and trackers will have to fully disclose their information, and if you sell "private information and data", and you have the right to deny tracking cookies, and extensions have to follow the rules, and Extention and app stores, you can't allow sharing the location, unless it is an app that requires your location, like Uber, Lyft, and Doordash.

c. If the company or app store doesn't follow the rules, the state will sue the company/person who didn't allow the consent and the private information rules.

Please vote AYE, NAY, or Abstain.
The vote shall last for 48 hours or until all Councilors have voted.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 02:55:05 PM »

To be honest, I'm unsure how this can be implemented on the regional level.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 03:03:13 PM »

Yikes absolutely no debate whatsoever, not even sponsor advocacy!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 06:24:35 PM »

AYE, protecting the privacy of our constituents is our job to ensure.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 12:40:01 AM »

Nay
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 03:31:29 PM »

Nay (late vote)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 03:33:34 PM »

The the Final Vote on LC 3.11 Protecting Our Information Act is now closed.

Aye: 2 (PSOL, Thr33)
Nay: 1 (DKrol)
Abstain: 0
Not Voting: 3 (Pyro, Wazza, NyIndy)

I cast a late Nay vote which shall not be included.

The Ayes have it. The legislation has PASSED.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 03:36:01 PM »

Considering the fact that the sponsor of this legislation resigned as this bill was being introduced on the Council floor as well as the total lack of debate on this legislation (no discussion regarding whether this is even possible to enact on a regional level?) I would ask Governor Peanut to send this to referendum. Although I do agree with the premise of this bill, I do not think it right for this to be signed into law.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2019, 09:02:18 PM »

VETO.

How much democratic legitimacy can we claim if we allow a questionably-written bill to just become law after no debate and a 50% turnout to the vote in the Council? This is going to referendum.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies