Are single-issue voters on immigration common?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:19:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Are single-issue voters on immigration common?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are there a lot of voters who single-issue vote based on where the candidate stands on immigration?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: Are single-issue voters on immigration common?  (Read 1221 times)
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 10, 2019, 10:33:56 PM »

?
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 01:14:41 AM »

Yes, sadly
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 03:37:23 PM »

Depends on your definition of common, but most racists or xenophobes are probably single issue voters on immigration, whether it's because they don't like seeing them or because of their 'white genocide' theories. They don't really care about busing or whatever. I would say that's too common.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 05:43:48 PM »

There are a lot more of these people than I would like, but there are less of these people than the average person who fits this description thinks there are in the country. Your average single issue immigration voter seems to belive that over half the country thinks like them. At least that’s been my impression listening to them talk. In reality, people who prioritize immigration as their top issue are like 25%-30% of the country tops.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019, 07:18:12 PM »

Depends on your definition of common, but most racists or xenophobes are probably single issue voters on immigration, whether it's because they don't like seeing them or because of their 'white genocide' theories. They don't really care about busing or whatever. I would say that's too common.
My definition of “common” is “enough to sway an election” (whether it be a primary or general).
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 09:53:27 AM »

There are a lot more of these people than I would like, but there are less of these people than the average person who fits this description thinks there are in the country. Your average single issue immigration voter seems to belive that over half the country thinks like them. At least that’s been my impression listening to them talk. In reality, people who prioritize immigration as their top issue are like 25%-30% of the country tops.

Way, way less than 25%-30%. There are far more single-issue abortion and guns rights voters and probably more single-issue healthcare voters. Probably more common than single-issue climate change voters, but that could change in the future.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 12:29:04 PM »

Yes, most Southern whites are still angry about black immigration.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 10:42:25 AM »

Only in the R primaries
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 12:30:36 PM »

No, not on immigration.  Between 2012 and 2018, it is likely there are single issue universal healthcare voters in GEs who otherwise don't really back the rest of the Dem platform.
AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2019, 10:33:49 AM »

I don't know that I'm a single issue voter on this, but I can say that if the Dems had returned to where they used to be on this issue (and I don't mean decades ago; I mean if they just went back to where they were in the Obama years)… well then, I'd probably be voting Dem more frequently.

So- we're out there.  I don't know how many true single-issue voters there are on this, but plenty of people consider it their top issue, otherwise Trump would've never gotten elected, nor would there have been a schism in the GOP for him to take advantage of.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies