Laffey vs Chafee. "The party of Reagan" by Pat Toomey. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:29:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Laffey vs Chafee. "The party of Reagan" by Pat Toomey. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Laffey vs Chafee. "The party of Reagan" by Pat Toomey.  (Read 4582 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: December 12, 2005, 01:48:05 PM »

Here's hoping that Laffey is just as successful as Toomey was.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 02:01:53 PM »

We should start some sort of a PAC to help Laffey defeat Chaffee -and then withdraw our financial support the minute Laffey wins the Republican nomination, giving it to whichever Democrat wins his party's nomination. 

You sick bastard...

Where do I sign up.  Wink

You guys would prefer to see a sensible moderate with an independent streak and a conscience be replaced by a typical New England Democrat?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 04:50:10 PM »

Here's hoping that Laffey is just as successful as Toomey was.

If he doesn't win but pulls a Toomey (scaring the incumbent almost to death) than I see this as a victory.

Each to their own, I guess, but what does that really achieve?  Chafee is not likely to change his political outlook as a result of a damaging primary challenge.  It didn't really affect Specter in the end, unless you meant that it quite literally scared him almost to death.  But that wouldn't be fair.

It seems more like you just want them 'punished' for not toeing the party line.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 05:11:09 PM »

What about the non-Republicans who think Chafee is actually a good senator for the state?  I'm talking about the ones who don't care about his own party loyalty, or what conservatives think of 'mavericks' in their party.

I'm surprised you'd put the wellbeing of your party over the interests of the people of Rhode Island.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 08:39:39 AM »

This action reminds me of the actions of those who want to oust Bob Casey, Jr. in favor of Chuck Pennachio.

A very apt comparison, although it makes yet another goddamn Pennsylvania reference!  Angry

Wink
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 08:46:46 AM »

Okay, then you give me a better example where a party has the best candidate possible already running and they want to throw him out. Tongue

Paul Hackett vs. Sherrod Brown, Ohio Democratic primary next year. Wink

(Okay, so I'm exchanging a state that gets too much press around here for my own state instead.  Myeh.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies