LC 3.12 Legumes Deserve Respect Amendment (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:57:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 3.12 Legumes Deserve Respect Amendment (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 3.12 Legumes Deserve Respect Amendment (Passed)  (Read 564 times)
Peanut
Costa Rica

« on: August 27, 2019, 04:45:48 PM »

Regarding The Right Honorable DKrol's objections, I find them totally understandable but, at the end, misguided.

The fact of the matter is that even under this (incredibly well-named) Amendment, the Council's prerogatives would still be of considerable importance against those of the Governor.  The Governor's veto is intended to be advisory and to refer the issue to the people of Lincoln for their ratification, rendering concerns of executive overreach realistically moot.

I could expand more on the subject, but I find this to be a perfectly reasonable proposal that will strengthen our regional government. I exhort Councillors present to vote Aye and am available for any questions or concerns they might have.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 05:53:56 PM »

Wait, so "seating councillors" excludes the vacant seats? Huh, interesting.

I remember being concerned about the wording back in January and toying with some ideas regarding it last month. Yeah, it excludes the vacant seats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies