A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:11:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21
Author Topic: A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 60845 times)
Jaguar4life
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2019, 11:12:01 PM »

What Ivan Rodriguez did part 1

Ivan Rodriguez campaigned on tax cuts and spending cuts and how we plans to valence the budget with in five years. He also did events to honor the late Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2019, 08:10:32 PM »

What Ivan Rodríguez did part 2

Ivan hosted Saturday Night Live on the first episode of the 2024 year along with musical guest Drake

He tried to appeal himself to a more wider audience making fun of himself and joining along with sketches in which he played Mad Money host Jim Cramer in a parody skit and several others including one poking fun of himself during his playing days.

The episode was highly rated and received positive feedback

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2019, 12:11:49 AM »
« Edited: October 03, 2021, 08:05:18 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 1

(Own creation)

January 1, 2024
-Celebrate New Year with family and supporters in Manchester, New Hampshire

January 2-3, 2024
-VP duties in Washington D.C.

January 4, 2024
-Campaign in Wright, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Campaign in DeFuniak Springs, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Infrastructure policy speech in DeFuniak Springs, Florida
-Campaign in Miramar Beach, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Border security policy speech in Miramar Beach, Florida
-Tax cut policy speech in Miramar Beach, Florida
-Fundraising event in Miramar Beach, Florida
-Campaign in Tallahassee, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Foreign policy speech in Tallahassee, Florida :

Source : https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/06/politics/marco-rubio-syria-strikes/index.html
As we saw recently in the polls published in the context of the 2024 Russian presidential election, businessman Sergei Polonsky, the Pro-Russia Isolationist candidate, is now making strong progress against Medvedev. It demonstrates the Russian people's dissatisfaction towards Putin's oppression and terror. He now has a very decent chance to become Russia's next President, which will put an end to 20 years of Vladimir Putin's regime of tyranny, expansionism and terror. These will be great news for peace and stability in the Middle East and in Eastern Europe because an isolationist President in Russia will represent a great opportunity to improve diplomatic relations with Russia for the sake of global peace, of stability in the Middle East and of Eastern Europe's territorial integrity.

That's why, in the case of Polonsky's election in Russia, I engage in the first 100 days of my presidency in 2025, to hold a summit with Russia in order to normalize our relations with Moscow. Just like Ronald Reagan and Mikhael Gorbatchev did three decades ago, Sergei Polonsky and I will work to dismantle dangerous Russian nuclear weapons that are representing a threat to global peace, we will work to ratify of the Fissile Material Cut-Off Treaty in order to prohibit the use of fissile material for the purpose of building nuclear weapons, we will be partners for the maintainance of peace, including in the Middle East, in Europe and in the Pacific and we will work together to ensure the respect of human rights around the world. And thanks to such a change in Russia's leadership,  Erdogan's Turkey will be deprived of a major partner in terms of trade and military support. Polonsky and I will be strong partners for the development of decent trade relations between our two countries for the sake of our prosperity and peaceful collaboration.

My friends, in this time in which we defeated ISIS in the Middle East and are about to do the same for Boko Haram in Western Africa, in which North Korea and Iran denuclearized themselves thanks to the leadership of our administration and and in which North Korea is transitioning to democracy, we are living times of great opportunity for long term global peace. We can't afford to spoil this potential and that's why I need your support because I have the best foreign policy experience to keep this country safe, to work with our allies and expand our alliances, to normalize our relations with Moscow and to efficiently fight to expand and maintain peace through strength around the world and thanks to my experience and leadership, we will guarantee that our children and grandchildren will grow up in a world in which they will know peace, security, stability, freedom and prosperity.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless the United States of America.

-Campaign in Monticello, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Madison, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Agriculture policy in Madison, Florida
-Campaign in Perry, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Trade policy speech in Perry, Florida

January 5, 2024
-Campaign in Jacksonville, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Tax cut policy speech in Jacksonville, Florida
-Space policy speech in Jacksonville, Florida
-Foreign policy speech in Jacksonville, Florida
-Gun rights policy speech in Jacksonville, Florida
-Border security policy speech in Jacksonville, Florida where Rubio attacks Ivan Rodriguez on his opposition to Trump's border wall, which, as the Vice-President declares, indicates Rodriguez's support to open borders, which would have led to a flood of drugs and cartels to the U.S.
-Fundraising event in Jacksonville, Florida
-Campaign in Green Cove Springs, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Manufacturing policy speech in Green Cove Springs, Florida
-Anti-abortion policy speech in Green Cove Springs, Florida
-Campaign in St. Augustine, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Trade policy speech in St. Augustine, Florida
-Campaign in Flagler Beach, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Bunnell, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Palm Coast, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Town hall meeting with voters in Palm Coast, Florida
-Health care policy speech in Palm Coast, Florida
-Campaign in DeBary, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-SCOTUS policy speech in DeBary, Florida
-Campaign in Deltona, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Veterans policy speech in Deltona, Florida
-Campaign in Daytona Beach, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Immigration policy speech in Daytona Beach, Florida
-Free enterprise policy speech in Daytona Beach, Florida
-Campaign in DeLand, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Small government policy speech in DeLand, Florida
-Speech in DeLand, Florida touting Rubio's accomplishments for Florida
-Campaign in Edgewater, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Palm Bay, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Energy policy speech in Palm Bay, Florida
-Campaign in Titusville, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Social security policy speech in Titusville, Florida
-Education policy speech in Titusville, Florida
-Campaign in Cocoa, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Rockledge, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Orlando, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Space policy speech in Orlando, Florida where Vice-President Rubio praises the progress made by the astronauts engaged in Artemis 2 in their mission to the Moon
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Orlando, Florida
-Tax policy speech in Orlando, Florida
-Speech in Orlando, Florida touting Marco Rubio's experience and qualifications to serve as Commander-in-Chief
-Campaign in Apopka, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Ocoee, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Fundraising dinner with voters in Ocoee, Florida
-Campaign in Maitland, Florida with family and Pam Bondi

January 6, 2024
-Campaign in Winter Springs, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Sanford, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Tax cut policy speech in Sanford, Florida
-Government spending cut in Sanford, Florida
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Sanford, Florida
-Campaign in Longwood, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Vero Beach, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Economic policy speech at Piper Aircraft headquarters in Vero Beach, Florida
-Campaign in Sebastian, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Social security policy speech in Sebastian, Florida
-Campaign in St. Cloud, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Health care policy speech in St. Cloud, Florida
-Campaign in Kissimmee, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Free enterprise policy speech in Kissimmee, Florida
-Education policy speech in Kissimmee, Florida
-Campaign in Haines City, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Winter Haven, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Eagle Lake, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Lakeland, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Trade policy speech in Lakeland, Florida
-Border security policy speech in Lakeland, Florida
-Campaign in Plant City, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Agriculture policy speech at Wish Farms headquarters
-Campaign in Temple Terrace, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Tampa, Florida with family and Pam Bondi
-Free market policy speech in Tampa, Florida
-Foreign policy speech in Tampa, Florida
-Immigration policy speech in Tampa, Florida
-Rally with voters at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Florida
-Fundraising event at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts in Tampa, Florida

January 7, 2024
-Campaign in New York City, New York with Rudy Giuliani and Scherie Murray
-Free trade policy speech in New York City, New York
-Fundraising event in New York City, New York
-Speech at the Statue of Liberty in New York City, New York
-Foreign policy speech in New York City, New York
-Meet with college voters at New York University in New York City, New York
-Speech given by Scherie Murray at the Yankee Stadium in New York City, New York officially announcing her  endorsement to Marco Rubio's presidential campaign :

Source : https://thefederalist.com/2019/07/17/scherie-murray-woman-running-unseat-alexandria-ocasio-cortez/
Hello, New York!

Are you ready to elect the next President of the United States of America?

*Crowd cheers*

I am ready too! And that's why I'm here to declare my endorsment to Marco Rubio, the next President of the United States of America.

*Crowd cheers*

Marco Rubio and I have so much in common. We are both children of immigrants, we are both blessed by the American Dream and are both strong believers of free enterprise and small government, the real solution to our economic challenges, not what the Democrats, including Governor Andrew Cuomo who has a good chance to be Marco Rubio's Democratic opponent in the general election, are suggesting : higher taxes, bigger government and higher spending which are policies that kill jobs, ship businessess overseas and spoil our prosperity. They have no idea of what it takes to handle the economic challenges facing this country. They don't understand that government is exactly the problem.

I was born in Jamaica and came to New York City with my family when I was only nine years old. Growing up in Queens, I learned early on about the importance of hard work, the value of a good education, and the strength of a united community. I became a legal United States citizen at the age of 18. Even in high school, I seized on the many opportunities my new country had to offer. I was active in my community at a young age, serving as the captain of the gymnastics team and graduating with an outstanding community service award from Law, Government and Community Service Magnet H.S. I also worked as a Systems Analyst for NYC Metropolitan Transportation Authority summer internship program. As a CUNY alumna, I was the senior editor for the college newspaper, The New Tech Times, and graduated with degrees in the field of Micro Computer Business Systems and Broadcast Journalism. Then I became a businesswoman and 20 years ago I founded The Esemel Group Inc. (TEG), a Television Production and Advertising Company with a mission to create jobs in the New York City Tri-State area for minorities in media. My work with TEG opened the doors for many minorities in my community.

I am proud to represent the Bronx, in the home state of President Donald J. Trump, in the House of Representatives. While President Trump accomplished great things for this country, including the lowest unemployment rate in 50 years thanks to tax reform, victory against ISIS thanks to a strong military, denuclearization of North Korea and secured borders, Alexandria Occasio Cortez and the radical hard-core left tried to stand in the way of more jobs, strong national security and more freedom as they voted time after time against tax cuts, against the President's SCOTUS nominees and voted in favor of stricter gun control, open borders, higher taxes and even voted to impeach President Trump. They have no real solutions, all they got is block, block and block. That is why I ran against AOC in New York's 14th Congressional District in 2020 and I understood that the American people needed to work together and to put the country first in order to get things done for the sake of our prosperity, our security, our freedom and our greatness. And that is how I won, becoming the first Republican in almost 30 years to represent the Bronx. As your Representative, I helped President Trump to make America great again by passing legislation that cut taxes, that secured our borders, made our healthcare system fairer, made us number one in energy production and defended your Second Amendment rights.

America, including New York, is a place open for business as this state is home to companies like IBM, PepsiCo, Verizon, Icahn Enterprises, Pfizer and Icahn Enterprises. And we are proud of it and that demonstrates the importance of making America the best place in the world to do business through tax reform, small government, energy independence and free enterprise and that is exactly what helped our country to reach strong economic prosperity in the last 8 years and that's how we got the lowest unemployment rate ever. Marco Rubio understands this as a son of Cuban immigrants who managed to adapt this new society and to raise their children thanks to the hardwork of a bartender and a housekeeper. It has always been the purpose of Marco Rubio to make sure that the next generation willbe better off than previous generations. In the U.S. Senate, he served as Chairman of the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and he took strong leadership by passing legislation that lowered taxes for small businesses, defended the interests of American companies here and abroad, made important contributions to economic growth and development around this country and made America's prosperity possible. So he is the presidential candidate with the best knowledge about what it takes to keep this economy growing and that is why he will cut taxes for all Americans, including the Middle Class, reduce our coporate tax rate to 15 %, get us to energy independence by taking advantage America's sources of energy, invest a part of future budget surpluses into the development of new infrastructures to encourage economic activities and the implantation of new businesses here in this country, balance the budget in the next 5 years, promote free trade with our allies for the sake of America's competitiveness in the world economy, promote school choice and champion small business. Because small businesses create two out of three jobs in America. Marco Antonio Rubio is committed to preserve America's status as the best business friendly environment in order to get our country to full employment and that's why we need to elect him as the next President of the United States of America for the sake of permanent prosperity and to make sure that our children and grandchildren will inherit an America better still than in the last 8 years to live free, prosperous and safe.

Thank you. God bless this great country and God bless Marco Rubio!

January 8, 2024
-Campaign in New Rochelle, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Anti-opioid crisis policy speech in New Rochelle, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Manufacturing policy speech at the DeRaffele Manufacturing headquarters in New Rochelle, New York
-Campaign in Mount Vernon, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Veterans policy speech in Mount Vernon, New York
-Government spending policy speech in Mount Vernon, New York
-Campaign in Yonkers, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Yonkers, New York
-Immigration policy speech in Yonkers, New York
-Social security policy speech in Yonkers, New York
-Campaign in New City, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Campaign in Middletown, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Tax cut policy speech in Middletown, New York
-Border security policy speech in Middletown, New York
-Campaign in Newburgh, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Energy policy speech in Newburgh, New York
-Free trade policy speech in Newburgh
-Campaign in Port Jervis, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Health care policy speech in Port Jervis, New York
-Agriculture policy speech in Port Jervis, New York
-Campaign in Kingston, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Infrastructure policy speech in Kingston, New York
-Education policy speech in Kingston, New York
-Campaign in Monticello, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Campaign in Poughkeepsie, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Campaign in Hudson, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Campaign in Kinderhook, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Campaign in Schenectady, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Budget balance policy speech in Schenectady, New York
-National security policy speech in Schenectady, New York
-Campaign in Albany, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Economic policy speech in Albany, New York
-Foreign policy speech in Albany, New York

January 9, 2024
-Campaign in Gorham, New Hampshire with family
-Town hall meeting with voters in Gorham, New Hampshire
-Agriculture policy speech in Gorham, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Northumberland, New Hampshire with family
-Government spending policy speech in Northumberland, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Berlin, New Hampshire with family
-Free trade policy speech in Berlin, New Hampshire
-Foreign policy speech in Berlin, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Stewartstown, New Hampshire with family
-Gun rights policy speech in Stewartstown, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Albany, New Hampshire with family
-Campaign in Freedom, New Hampshire with family
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Freedom, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Tamworth, New Hampshire with family
-Campaign in Conway, New Hampshire with family
-Infrastructure policy speech in Conway, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Ossipee, New Hampshire with family
-Campaign in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire with family
-Economic policy speech in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire

January 10, 2024
-Campaign in New Durham, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Strafford, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Northwood, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Concord, New Hampshire
-Speech in Concord, New Hampshire in reaction to North Korea's move to hold free elections this year :

Source : https://www.local10.com/news/politics/sen-marco-rubio-stands-with-trump-on-north-korea-threats
Kim Jong Un has announced that free and open elections for the DPRK Parliament will be held on October 23rd, 2024. These are good news for global democracy, freedom and peace. All of this has been made possible thanks to the restoration of American leadership by President Trump 8 years ago, thanks to the diplomatic efforts by the U.S. and North Korea to denuclearize Pyongyang, to the political reforms in North Korea and to this country's economic opening to the rest of the world. Under my presidential leadership, America and North Korea will be strong partners for peace, freedom and prosperity around the Pacific.

January 11, 2024
-Campaign in Claremont, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Economic policy speech in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Bennington, New Hampshire
-Manufacturing policy speech at the Monadnock Paper Mills in Bennington, New Hampshire
-Campaign in New Ipswich, New Hampshire
-Flight to Grinnell, Iowa
-Debate preparation on the plane
-Debate with Governors Noem and Rodriguez at the Grinnell College in Grinnell, Iowa

January 12-14, 2024
-Campaign in Delaware on economy, government spending, health care, social security, infrastructure, anti-opioid policy and foreign policy

January 15, 2024
-Campaign for Dean Mortimer in ID-02, touting, in an effort to mobilize conservative voters in Idaho, Mortimer's fiscal conservatism, his constitutional conservatism, his championship of tax cuts, the Second Amendment, pro-life policies, energy independence and strong national defense. The Vice-President takes on the occasion to attack Rebecca Casper's record as Mayor of Idaho Falls, including her tax hikes and the raising costs of Social Security as well as on her support to stricter gun control, to abortion, to higher taxes and big spending and cuts to the military, which would not have allowed foreign policy successes of the last 8 years such as defeating ISIS, eliminating Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and standing up to Vladimir Putin.

-Campaign in Miami, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Fundraising event in Miami, Florida
-Foreign policy speech in Miami, Florida
-Economic policy speech in Miami, Florida
-Campaign in Fort Lauderdale, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Social security policy speech in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
-Free trade policy speech in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
-Campaign in Delray Beach, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Agriculture policy speech in Delray Beach, Florida
-Campaign in Boynton Beach, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Infrastructure policy speech in Boynton Beach, Florida
-Healthcare policy speech in Boynton Beach, Florida
-Campaign in Jupiter, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Gun rights policy speech in Jupiter, Florida
-SCOTUS policy speech in Jupiter, Florida
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2019, 03:42:41 PM »

Ivan Rodriguez debate answers part 3

1.I am glad to see a democratic election in North Korea and no matter if I agree with the candidates ideas or not I am glad they will respect the new constitution and rules they have in their new constitution. Hopefully it comes the same way with that with what happened with Cuba a couple years ago and how their new president has respected the new system no matter what their political views are. And I hope for the same for North Korea.

2.I think it’s that people know me from my Hall of Fame baseball career and that I am just being myself which is what my campaign slogan is *He did a slight chuckle* seriously I think people like a candidate that is funded by the people and not PACs or Super PACs and that is saying what he wants to rather than what the funders of your campaign want you to say.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2019, 09:53:43 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Debate Answers

Opening Statements:

"I was elected to the Senate in 2016, on the same night as Donald Trump was elected President of the United States. I can't put into words the mixed feelings I felt, sadness, joy, fear, and hope. Many Americans felt the exact same way that night. Unfortunately, we were proven correct in our fears for this Presidency, and the instability brought on by this administration. It's time for us to move forward. It's time for the American public to have a steady hand to lead us during these times of uncertainty, it's time to reform our broken healthcare and criminal justice system, and it's time to remember the job of our government is to lift people up, not tear them down. I promise you, as President, I will fight to get a public option, to codify Roe v. Wade, and to raise the minimum wage. Most of all, I promise to be a President you can rely on, one that won't get caught up in petty Twitter wars, or uproot foreign policy based on a mercurial mood."

General Question #1 : Some of these general Questions will be similar to the Republican Debate a few days ago, but with a democratic spin to ask it appropriately to all of you, and there will be one or two different from the Republican Debate. First Question : The recent Republican Party symbol vote has issued a question among many in the Democratic Party, such as Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Jared Polis, who say the Democratic Party should cast out the Donkey symbol in favor of something new and fresh, such as the bear or the wolf. Would you support such a move and if so, which animal would you support in replacing it?

"Over time, political parties, their symbols, and their coalitions change. I'm willing to hear people's thoughts on updating the symbol of the Democratic Party, and believe we should poll members, and hear out concerns about the future of the party. However, I believe there are larger problems and challenges we should be addressing, like the stagnating wages of Americans, lack of access to healthcare and broadband, and the chipping away of reproductive rights."

General Question #2 : On January 10th, Russian Presidential Candidate Sergei Polonsky has, who currently leads his two biggest opponents, has announced favoritism to a Republican governed United States, causing him to be called a puppet of President Trump by House Minority Whip Eric Swawell. Do you agree with the House Minority Whip’s statements and what do you think the statements from Sergei impact America’s future relationship with Russia?

"What's happening here is so blatantly obvious. A foreign power's leading Presidential candidate is basing his policy towards the United States on which party has been more lax towards his country. Russia and the United States should absolutely find a way to work together, but we must hold them accountable for their tampering in our elections and the elections of our allies. We can not afford to use kid gloves in our diplomacy with Russia, we must be strong and consistent, which is exactly the opposite of what Russia wants, hence their endorsement of another Republican administration."

General Question #3 : In four days exactly, the Special Election to replace Kelly Anthon in the U.S. House in Idaho’s 2nd Congressional District will take place between State Senator Dean M. Mortimer and Idaho Falls Mayor Rebecca Casper, a race that is close and could be evidence of a potential wave come november for the party. How will you endorse that Mayor Casper wins that seat and places the party at least one seat closer to winning the House in November?

"Mayor Rebecca Casper has been a strong voice for Idaho Falls, and would be a wonderful representative. That's why I've joined her on the campaign trail both this month and last to get her elected. I plan on campaigning on her behalf over the next four days, joining the strong get out the vote operation that she has built. Just the fact that Democrats are competitive in a seat such as this one is a good sign for the elections in November."

General Question #4 : The situation in the Middle East is...interesting to say the least. As President, how would you handle this situation?

"The situation in the Middle East is more unstable and chaotic even compared to when I was deployed there. Strong leadership, international cooperation, and diplomacy are the only ways we will make any lasting progress in the region. These problems didn't arise in a vacuum, and we can not solve them alone. We must prepare an exit strategy from our heavy involvement in the region, ensuring the safety of all the officers deployed throughout. This is why I will take the advice of generals and diplomats seriously, instead of ignoring and re-shuffling them."

General Question #5 : The recent bribery charges on the Secretary of the Treasury, Steven Mnuchin, has made many in the Democratic Party happy at finally gaining a victory over the Trump Administration after many months of hoping for one. How do you feel about this recent news and do you think there should be a renewed investigation into the Trump Administration due to this?

"Bribery within the Treasury Department is nothing to be happy about. When Donald Trump put up the nomination of Steve Mnuchin for Treasury, I voiced my disapproval, and voted accordingly. Unfortunately, myself and my colleagues were proven correct in our trepidation regarding this appointment. I do support an investigation into whether the President knew of the bribery allegations against Mnuchin, and if the President has nothing to hide, he will comply."

General Question #6 : On January 3rd, Supreme Leader, who had his office reorganized into President of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea on January 7th, has stated that elections will be held to determine the Vice President and Parliament of the country to help continue in his reforms. Of the Three newly formed parties, the SRK/HUNG party is the most reform and western friendly of the party. How do you feel about these announcements?

"Any step towards democratizing a dictatorship should be celebrated. We must stay vigilant, and ensure the steps toward free and fair elections are taken, that every vote is counted, and that the peoples' voices are heard. This will include calling in international election observers and meeting with the UN to allow for real accountability in the nation. I am hopeful that this means progress."

General Question #7 : There has been a recent upsurge in the number of dictatorships rising up across the globe, with the main ones currently being Brazil, Italy, Hungary, Argentina, and Greece. With the President quietness on this issue, how would you make sure these countries return to a Democracy and ensure other nations don’t follow their paths?

"I believe the increase in dictatorships has directly correlated with a loss in trust in institutions and governments around the world. A way for the United States to combat this is to have a stable leader who values democratically elected allies over 'strong man' dictators, and that's what I will offer as President. We must build upon diplomatic agreements like the UN and NATO, and stand strong as an ally of democratic countries around the world. We can not capitulate to adversaries who hack our elections and attack our allies, and that ends with a Duckworth Presidency."

General Question #8 : The recent shufflings of the Trump Cabinet have been quite staggering to many in the political world and many want stability to return to the White House. Thus, this question is a simple one : Who are your top three potential choices for Vice President, Secretary of State, Secretary of the Treasury, Secretary of Defense, and the Attorney General and why them?

"The tumult and palace intrigue within this cabinet and administration at large is embarrassing at best, destabilizing at worst. As your President, I will work to bring stability back into the White House, with a well vetted cabinet. In terms of appointments, I pledge to have a completely gender balanced cabinet to better represent the make up of the country I serve. I would hate to limit myself to such a short list before they've been vetted, but I'll give a few names off the top of my head. For Vice President, I'd like someone with a real connection to service in their home state, like Governor Jared Polis, Governor Roy Cooper, and Senator Conor Lamb. For Attorney General, someone with the experience to protect this country's laws like Senator Amy Klobuchar, Representative Katie Porter, or Governor Josh Shapiro. Any candidate for Secretary of State requires a tangible diplomatic record, for example, Samantha Power, Anthony Gardner, or Ted Osios. Treasury requires someone with a stellar reputation and a history of being on the side of the people, such as Representative Yvanna Cancela, Lael Brainard, or Sylvia Burwell. Finally, the Defense Secretary needs to be a citizen with a deep understanding of the delicacy of defending this country, like Governor Tim Walz, Michele Flournoy, or Governor Jason Kander. Any of these people would be immensely qualified for their prospective roles."

General Question #9 : This Question is basically the same as the final General Question for Republican Debate. Will you endorse and support the Democratic Nominee in the general election, even if it isn’t yourself?

"Absolutely. Any person on this stage is more qualified to serve the American people as President than our Republican counterparts."

Tammy Duckworth Question #1 : Senator, you are currently the front-runner of the Democratic Field after months of fighting for this position, yet many blame you for State Senator Escamilla’s loss to her opponent last November, How do you hope to rectify this error?

"Like many others, I was disappointed in state senator Escamilla's loss last year. As the only candidate who campaigned for her, the defeat hit me hard. It has inspired me to focus intently on the special elections this month and moving forward, as we need a Democratic Congress to enact the changes this country needs. After this debate tonight, I will be joining Mayor Rebecca Casper in Idaho for the final stretch of the campaign there. I plan on continuing my endorsements and campaign activities on behalf of Democrats around the country."

Tammy Duckworth Question #2 : Senator, this next question and the second questions for Governor Cuomo and Senator Merkley will be lighter and gentler in nature but you can feel free to ask and answer your own question instead. Who is your favorite author of all time and why do you like them so much?

"Personally, I'm a big fan of Margaret Atwood. I appreciate her self described 'social realism,' and her approach to weaving real events in history or the news into a work of fiction. I think her work is always thought provoking."

Closing Statement : Now, this closing statement will be different from the previous ones. On February 5th, the Democrats of Iowa will go to their local Caucus centers and support the Candidate they like the most. This your last time to state why you believe the voters of Iowa should support and vote for you. All of you have 60 second on the clock.

"Iowa, I have had the time of my life campaigning across the state. Whether you're in Des Moines or Thompson, I hope to win your support by offering solutions like expanding healthcare and broadband to everyone, raising the minimum wage, and expanding federal protections for LGBTQ people. I have heard from Iowans all across this state who believe in the message of progress that this campaign is centered on, and I'm hopeful that you'll support me at the caucus, thank you!"
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2019, 10:24:41 PM »

What Ivan Rodriguez did part 2

Ivan Rodriguez campaigned to undecided voters and trying to win over Rubio supporters about his ideas to defend the free enterprise system,
How he is different from President Trump and Vice President Rubio how he will deal with healthcare and lower prescription drug prices in his administration.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #131 on: November 12, 2019, 01:42:50 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2019, 01:10:41 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 2

(Own creation)

January 16, 2024
-Campaign in Moore Haven, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Campaign in Port Labelle, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Campaign in Clewiston, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Agriculture policy speech in Clewiston, Florida
-Campaign in Sanibel, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Campaign in Bonita Springs, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Tax cut policy speech in Bonita Springs, Florida
-Social security policy speech in Bonita Springs, Florida
-Immigration policy in Bonita Springs, Florida
-Campaign in Fort Myers, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Trade policy speech in Fort Myers, Florida
-Gun rights policy speech in Fort Myers, Florida
-Campaign in Cape Coral, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Anti-opioid crisis policy speech in Cape Coral, Florida
-Town hall meeting with voters in Cape Coral, Florida
-Campaign in Marco Island, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Campaign in Everglades City, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Campaign in Naples, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Space policy speech in Naples, Florida
-Economic policy speech in Naples, Florida
-Veterans policy speech in Naples, Florida
-Foreign policy speech in Naples, Florida
-Campaign in Islamorada, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Campaign in Key West, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-National defense policy speech in Key West, Florida
-Free enterprise policy speech in Key West, Florida
-Economic policy speech at the Port of Key West in Key West, Florida
-Health care policy speech in Key West, Florida
-Infrastructure policy speech in Key West, Florida

January 17, 2024
-Campaign in Port Charlotte, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Education policy speech in Port Charlotte, Florida
-Campaign in Punta Gorda, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Campaign in Arcadia, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Tax cut policy speech in Arcadia, Florida
-Campaign in Southeast Arcadia, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Health care policy speech in Southeast Arcadia, Florida
-Campaign in Venice, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Trade policy speech in Venice, Florida
-Counter-terrorism policy speech at Huffman Aviation (which was attended by several of the hijackers of the 9/11 attacks) in Venice, Florida
-Campaign in Sarasota, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Fundraising event at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company in Sarasota, Florida
-Rally with voters at Ed Smith Stadium in Sarasota, Florida
-Economic policy speech in Sarasota, Florida
-Gun rights policy speech in Sarasota, Florida
-Campaign in North Port, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Immigration policy speech in North Port, Florida
-Agriculture policy speech in North Port, Florida in which Vice-President Rubio reiterates his pledge to make Florida's citrus industry competitive by championing free trade with other countries around the world, thus allowing Florida's citrus companies to reach other markets in the world and get new consumers to buy their products
-Infrastructure policy speech in North Port, Florida
-Campaign in Zolfo Springs, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Campaign in Bowling Green, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Government spending policy speech in Bowling Green, Florida
-Campaign in Wauchula, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Free enterprise policy speech at the Wauchula Chamber of Commerce in Wauchula, Florida
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Wauchula, Florida
-Veterans policy speech in Wauchula, Florida
-Campaign in Holmes Beach, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Government spending cut policy speech in Holmes Beach, Florida
-Campaign in Bradenton Beach, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Campaign in Anna Maria, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Campaign in Longboat Key, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Energy policy speech in Longboat Key, Florida
-Social security policy speech in Longboat Key, Florida
-Campaign in Bradenton, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Economic policy speech at Tropicana headquarters in Bradenton, Florida
-Campaign in Largo, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Free market policy speech at Tech Data headquarters in Largo, Florida
-Campaign in Gulfport, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Campaign in St. Pete Beach, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Campaign in Tarpon Springs, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-SCOTUS policy speech in Tarpon Springs, Florida
-Campaign in Bradenton, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Campaign in Dunedin, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Campaign in St. Petersburg, Florida with Matt Gaetz
-Speech given by Matt Gaetz in St. Petersburg, Florida :

In this election, like any other, we chose not simply a Republican or a Democrat. a conservative or a liberal. We chose a fighter. We chose a leader. And that’s why I endorse my fellow Floridian and my friend Vice-President Marco Rubio.

In Florida's House of Representatives, he got passed 24 of his 100 Innovative Ideas for Florida's Future, including multiple-year car registrations, a requirement that high schools provide more vocational courses, and an expanded voucher-like school-choice program. In the Senate, he introduced and passed the 2014 VA reform bill, sanctions on Hezbollah, the Girls Count Act forcing countries receiving U.S. aid to give birth certificated to girls at birth in order to combat human trafficking, the amendment to double the Child Tax Credit, the Let Freedom Reign Act to help Venezuela's fight for democracy and defended the interests of businesses and fought to expand economic opportunity as Chairman of the Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship. And as VP, he helped President Trump to make America great again. He's has all the necessary experience to lead and as your Senator I'm ready to pass President Rubio's policies for the sake of a strong economy through free market and small government, for the defense of your Second Amendment rights, for the protection of unborn lives, for energy independence, for a strong national security and strong national defense, for strong global peace and for America's status as leader in space exploration.

Thank you. God bless Florida and God bless America.

January 18, 2024
-Campaign in Des Moines, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Economic policy speech in Des Moines, Iowa in an effort to increase the turnout of his base in Des Moines and appeal among undecided voters there :

Source : https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/republicans/11967729/Geriatric-Democrats-should-fear-Marco-Rubio-and-the-Republican-youth-wing.html
Des Moines is a prosperous city and one of the best places in America to do business. Thanks to the Trump tax cuts that ensured one of the strongest economic growths in American history thanks to the promotion of the free enterprise system, companies like Kemin Industries, a family-owned and operated global nutritional ingredient company, opened a headquarters building here in Des Moines in 2017.

No wonder that CNBC's list of "Top States for Business in 2010" has ranked Iowa as the sixth best state in the nation. Scored in 10 individual categories, Iowa was ranked 1st when it comes to the cost of doing business, 12th when it comes to business friendliness, 16th in education, 17th in both the cost of living and the quality of life, 20th in workforce, 29th in technology and innovation and 32nd in transportation.

While Forbes Magazine ranked Des Moines among the top 10 of the best places in America to do business, it ranked this city at the first place in 2010 and 2013, which means that Des Moines was described as the best place to do business in the United States. This is mostly due to strong educational attainment (with 36 % of Des Moines' population who has a college degree and 92 % of this city's population who possesses a high school diploma) and also because energy costs here are 22 % below the national average, the cost of living in Des Moines is 10 % below the national average and business costs here are 18 % below the national average. Economic growth here outpaced the U.S. as a whole by 68 % since 2010. Here is an example of this matter of fact : Des Moines is a major center for the insurance industry and has a sizable financial services and publishing business base. And Des Moines is the headquarters for the Principal Financial Group, Meredith Corp., Ruan Transportation, EMC Insurance, Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, MidAmerican Energy Company and Firestone Agricultural Tire Company.

This city is a great example of the effectiveness of free enterprise and small government on growing this economy and that is exactly the program that I have always adopted. In the Senate, I cosponsored the AGREE Act, a bill that increased tax credits and exemptions for companies investing in R & D, equipment and other capital, gave tax credits for veterans opening a business franchise. I introduced the co-sponsored the Regulation Costs to Small Businesses Act which required the Small Business Administration to conduct an annual study to estimate the total cost of regulations on small businesses, thus avoiding devastating regulations that would have meant a disaster for our economy through free enterprise's decline and job losses. In 2017, I led the fight to double the Child Tax Credit to $2000 in order to make the Trump tax cuts even broader and permanent, thus ensuring their success in reducing the fiscal burden of our businesses and working Americans across this country and giving us the lowest unemployment rate in 50 years. I served as Chairman of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, defending the interests of small businesses in this country, promoting and passing bipartisan legislation that expanded economic opportunities for small businesses and entrepreneurs, improving Small Business Administration  resources intended for homeowners and businesses that face hardship after hurricanes, floods, and other disasters that threaten their livelihoods and standing up to Communist China’s economic cheating. And thanks to the free market and small government policies promoted by President Trump and I, 6 million new jobs have been created.

I have the best experience, leadership and agenda to handle the economic challenges facing our country and to ensure economic growth because I understand perfectly that free enterprise and small government are the right solutions to our problems. As President, I will cut taxes for all Americans, including the middle class, and for all businesses, including small businesses, so our economy can keep growing and creating jobs by making America the best place in the world to do business. We need to reduce government spending in order to bring our deficit under control and we'll adopt a balanced budget amendment. We’re going to get America to energy independence by taking advantage of our oil, gas, coal, wind, solar, hydroelectric energies and instead of doing it through taxpayers’ money, we’re going to invest into the development of renewable energies through a part of the revenues from oil drilling, ensuring both economic development and an improvement of our ecological footprint. We will champion free trade by ratifying free trade agreements with our allies in Asia, in Europe and Latin America. We represent 5 % of the world market so we need to trade with the remaining 95 % of the global economy. And in order to keep our jobs here in America while promoting free trade, I will reduce taxes and regulations on businesses, including manufacturing businesses, which will make it easier for manufacturing businesses to do business in America. In that same process, we will reduce the corporate tax rate from 21 % to 15 %. The reason we were losing jobs due to free trade before 2017 was because we had the highest corporate tax rate in the industrialized world at that time while Singapore now has a 2 % unemployment rate and benefits from free trade because they have the lowest corporate tax rate in the industrialized world, which was 17 %. So if we reduce our corporate tax rate to 15 %, we'll make free trade deals more favorable for American workers and keep our jobs here at home while pursuing our quest for open markets. For the sake of infrastructure development, we're going to reduce the federal gasoline tax rate by 80 %; veto any gas-tax increase; turn back control of the highways to the states; stop special interests in Washington from building “Bridges to Nowhere” and engaging in other wasteful spending; free states from the strings that come attached to federal funding; remove barriers to public-private partnerships; repeal the Davis-Bacon Act that inflates government costs by billions every year and is a giveaway of taxpayer dollars to labor unions and phasing out the Mass Transit Account, which loots the Highway Trust Fund. We will use a part of future budget surpluses into the development of infrastructures, which will favor the implementation of new businesses in America, thus favoring further job creation and prosperity.

Follow me and we will work and fight together for opportunity and this country will get to full-employment and to permanent economic prosperity thanks to the continuation of the successful policies that gave us the strongest economy in recent history so our children and grandchildren will be the most prosperous generations of Americans that ever lived and America will preserve and reinforce its status as the land of opportunity.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless America.

-Campaign in Allison, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Campaign in Shell Rock, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Campaign in Parkersburg, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Energy policy speech in Parkersburg, Iowa
-Campaign in Thompson, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Campaign in Lake Mills, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Tax cut policy speech in Lake Mills, Iowa
-Gun rights policy speech in Lake Mills, Iowa
-Campaign in Forest City, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Manufacturing policy speech at Winnebago Industries headquarters in Forest City, Iowa
-Free trade policy speech in Forest City, Iowa
-Campaign in Britt, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Health care policy speech in Britt, Iowa
-Campaign in Garner, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Free enterprise policy speech at Iowa Mold Tooling Company Inc. headquarters in Garner, Iowa
-Social security policy speech in Garner, Iowa
-Campaign in Humboldt, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Campaign in Ames, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Agriculture policy speech in Ames, Iowa
-Anti-abortion policy speech in Ames, Iowa
-Campaign in Sioux City, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-SCOTUS policy speech in Sioux City, Iowa
-Campaign in Mondamin, Iowa with Kim Reynolds

January 19, 2024
-Campaign in Newton, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Rally with voters at Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa
-Campaign in Nashua, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Free enterprise policy speech in Nashua, Iowa
-Campaign in Charles City, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Border security policy speech in Charles City, Iowa
-Campaign in Osage, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Tax cut policy speech in Osage, Iowa
-Campaign in Cedar Rapids, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Economic policy speech in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
-Health care policy speech in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
-Pro-life policy speech in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
-Foreign policy speech in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
-Meet with college voters at Mount Mercy University in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
-Campaign in Mount Vernon, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Infrastructure policy speech in Mount Vernon, Iowa
-Campaign in Marion, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Budget balance policy speech in Marion, Iowa
-Agriculture subsidy policy speech in Marion, Iowa
-Campaign in Mechanicsville, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Education policy speech in Mechanicsville, Iowa
-Campaign in Tipton, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Campaign in Durant, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Campaign in Tipton, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Campaign in Le Claire, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Campaign in Davenport, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Rally with voters at Modern Woodmen Park in Davenport, Iowa where Vice-President Rubio starts attacking his potential Democratic opponent Tammy Duckworth :

Source : https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rubios-brother-joining-candidate-on-campaign-trail-to-discuss-veterans-issues
Even though we can be proud of Tammy Duckworth's military service, we can't be proud of her record in the public service. Under her watch as Director of the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs , many of our courageous military veterans were abused. A whistleblower had the courage to tell the truth and said that unchecked criminal was allowed to care for a veteran. When whistleblowers came forward, Duckworth threatened, bullied and fired them, covering up the abuse. And a female veteran named Denise Goins said that Duckworth told her, and I quote, « Keep your mouth shut and you won't be fired. » That makes no sense at all. This is shameful, offensive and outrageous. She should be ashamed to treat so badly the men and women who fought, sacrificed and risked their lives for the defense of our freedom, democracy and security.

And because of these abuses, six veterans died trying to gain admission to the Anna Veterans Home. Duckworth put her personal aspirations ahead of the veterans' care. No wonder that Tammy Duckworth has been called to court 7 years ago.

My brother Mario Rubio is himself a veteran. I understand our veterans' struggles. I am proud of my record in taking care of our honorable and brave men and women in uniform. I successfully co-sponsored the 2014 VA reform law by introducing a measure empowering the VA secretary to hold managers accountable for incompetence, negligence and corruption and to care more about veterans than bureaucrats because it's another way to reward our veterans for their military service and their sacrifices for America. Under our administration’s leadership, we passed the Veterans Care Financial Protection Act of 2022 after the withdrawal of our troops from Syria and Iraq in 2021, which made the federal Department of Veterans Affairs work with state and federal agencies to stop con men who are diverting federal aid away from veterans. There is more to be done about it.

That’s why I give you my word : when I’m President, our veterans will continue to have our back and we will also use a part of future budget surpluses in the development of new social security and job training programs for our veterans to make sure they will earn the best post-military service they can ever imagine. That is the kind of life they deserve after sacrificing so much for the sake our liberty, our security and our country.

Thank you. God bless our veterans and God bless America.

January 20-21, 2024
-VP duties in Washington D.C.
-Vice-President Rubio attends President Trump's State of the Union Address
-Holds a speech to give a tribute to Mitch McConnell in order to honor his political career, his fight, accomplishments and leadership

January 22, 2024
-Campaign in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Economic policy speech in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Free enterprise policy speech in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Fundraising event in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Franklin, New Hampshire
-Town hall meeting with voters in Franklin, New Hampshire
-Tax cut policy speech in Franklin, New Hampshire
-Anti-opioid crisis in Franklin, New Hampshire
-Campaign in New London, New Hampshire
-Manufacturing policy speech in New London, New Hampshire
-Health care policy speech in New London, New Hampshire
-Free trade policy speech in New London, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Springfield, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Wilmot, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Sunapee, New Hampshire
-Government spending cut policy speech in Sunapee, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Rindge, New Hampshire
-Meet with college voters at Franklin Pierce University in Rindge, New Hampshire
-Gun rights policy speech in Rindge, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Jaffrey, New Hampshire
-Freedom of religion policy speech in Jaffrey, New Hampshire
-Immigration policy speech in Jaffrey, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Sharon, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire
-Agriculture policy speech in Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Social security policy speech in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Energy policy speech in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Foreign policy speech in Nashua, New Hampshire

January 23, 2024
-Campaign in Andover, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Hill, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Salisbury, New Hampshire
-Social security speech in Salisbury, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Pittsfield, New Hampshire
-Tax cut policy speech in Pittsfield, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Hooksett, New Hampshire
-Infrastructure policy speech in Hooksett, New Hampshire
-Trade policy speech in Hooksett, New Hampshire
-Town hall meeting with voters in Hooksett, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Deerfield, New Hampshire
-Agriculture policy speech in Deerfield, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Suncook, New Hampshire
-Anti-opioid crisis policy speech in Suncook, New Hampshire
-Free enterprise policy speech in Suncook, New Hampshire
-Campaign in South Hooksett, New Hampshire
-Energy policy speech in South Hooksett, New Hampshire
-Veterans policy speech in South Hooksett, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Durham, New Hampshire
-Economic policy speech in Durham, New Hampshire
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Durham, New Hampshire
-Space policy speech in Durham, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Dover, New Hampshire
-Foreign policy speech in Dover, New Hampshire
-Manufacturing policy speech in Dover, New Hampshire
-Speech touting Rubio’s experience in Dover, New Hampshire
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2019, 10:20:34 PM »

What Ivan Rodriguez did part 2

Ivan went to New Hampshire to talk about his healthcare plan how he can be a Bipartisan force as president as his plans for infrastructure which includes investments into solar projects and rebuilding our highways also that he would $200 billion in federal money into $1.5 trillion for fixing America's infrastructure by leveraging local and state tax dollars and private investment.

Also in his plan half of the new federal money, $100 billion, would be parceled out as incentives to local government entities.
An additional $20 billion would go toward "projects of national significance" that can "lift the American spirit," such as New York's Gateway tunnel under the Hudson River.
Another $50 billion is earmarked for rural block grants, most of which will be given to states according to a formula based on the miles of rural roads and the rural population they have. States can then spend that money on transportation, broadband, water, waste and power projects.
The rest of the money would support other infrastructure-related undertakings, including existing loan programs like the one operated by the Environmental Protection Agency under the Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act, which could  leverage up to $40 in local and private money for every $1 in federal investment.

Also that wants to shorten the time and expense of getting federal permits by consolidating the reviews conducted by different agencies into "one federal decision," with one agency taking the lead on evaluating a project.
The plan proposes to cut federal permitting to two years, down from five to ten.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2019, 11:27:32 PM »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 3

(Own creation)

January 24, 2024
-Campaign in Barrington, New Hampshire
-Economic policy speech in Barrington, New Hampshire
-Health care policy speech in Barrington, New Hampshire
-School choice policy speech in Barrington, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Nottingham, New Hampshire
-Town hall meeting with voters in Nottingham, New Hampshire
-Border security policy speech in Nottingham, New Hampshire
-SCOTUS policy speech in Nottingham, New Hampshire
-Campaignin in Northwood, New Hampshire
-Tax policy speech in Northwood, New Hampshire
-Campaignin in Strafford, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Barnstead, New Hampshire
-Free enterprise policy speech in Barnstead, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Gilmanton, New Hampshire
-Manufacturing policy speech in Gilmanton, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Alton, New Hampshire
-Trade policy speech in Alton, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Gilford, New Hampshire
-Budget balance policy speech in Gilford, New Hampshire
-Small government policy speech in Gilford, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Tuftonboro, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Laconia, New Hampshire
-Free market policy speech in Laconia, New Hampshire
-Foreign policy speech in Laconia, New Hampshire
-Flight to Dover, Delaware
-Campaign in Dover, Delaware
-Free market policy speech in Dover, Delaware
-Small government policy speech in Dover, Delaware
-Campaign in Wyoming, Delaware
-Campaign in Milford, Delaware
-Infrastructure policy speech in Milford, Delaware
-Campaign in Milton, Delaware
-Balanced budget amendment policy speech in Milton, Delaware
-Campaign in Selbyville, Delaware
-Economic policy speech at Mountaire Farms headquarters in Selbyville, Delaware
-Campaign in Bridgeville, Delaware
-Campaign in Delmar, Delaware
-Campaign in Georgetown, Delaware
-Tax policy speech in Georgetown, Delaware
-Campaign in Seaford, Delaware
-Education policy speech in Seaford, Delaware
-Immigration policy speech in Seaford, Delaware

January 25-27, 2024
-Campaign in Wilmington, Delaware
-Economic policy speech in Wilmington, Delaware
-Fundraising event in Wilmington, Delaware
-Rally with voters at Daniel S. Frawley Stadium in Wilmington, Delaware
-Meet with college voters at Drexel University in Wilmington, Delaware
-Foreign policy speech in Wilmington, Delaware in reaction to Rojava Leaders’ decision to hold a summit negotiating the declaration of an independent Kurdistan :

Source : https://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2015/11/09/philly-marco-rubio-gop-presidential-election-2016.html
Recently, Rojava leaders and the leaders of Iran and Syria decided to sit down and negotiate a new Kurdish state in next March after they reached a ceasefire. An Independent Kurdistan would represent good news for stability and security in the Middle East because Turkey knows that invading an free and independent Kurdistan would mean violating their sovereignty. However, Erdogan’s Turkey is still pursuing their war with the Kurds. The Kurds played an important role in defeating ISIS in Iraq and Syria as we armed them and provided them military training. Despite all of that, Turkey wants to destroy the Kurds. No wonder that Turkey is a state-sponsor of global terrorism as they supported radical Islamic terrorist groups al-Nusra (the Syrian branch of Al-Qaeda) and Ahrar al-Sham. The moreover that in 2014, the Turkish government had stamped passports of foreigners seeking to cross the Turkey-Syria border and join ISIL. That’s why we’re going to work with Syria to establish background checks on people trying to cross the border in order to prevent any foreigner from joining any terrorist organization. Thanks to sanctions on Turkey, we’re going to weaken their economy and their military power at the point of forcing them to recognize that they are losing the war in Kurdistan. And the Kurds can count on us to provide them military arsenal and military training in order to help them win their cause thanks to the military techniques of the first military power in the world. And they can also count on the military power of our regional ally Iran, the 14th military power in the world. As President of the United States, I will recognize Kurdistan as a free and independent state because we need to stand on the right side of history, stand up for the freedom and determination of countries around the world and stand up to tyrans and state-sponsors of terrorism like Erdogan. And we’re going to build strong relations with Kurdistan, diplomatically, economically, militarily and politically. And we will be strong partners for the maintainance of peace, stability and security and for the respect of human rights in the Middle East because that is the key to long-term peace and solid security and freedom.

-Fundraising event in Townsend, Delaware
-Campaign in New Castle, Delaware
-Free enterprise policy speech in New Castle, Delaware
-Campaign in Newark, Delaware
-Tax cut policy speech in Newark, Delaware
-Small government policy speech in Newark, Delaware
-Health care policy speech in Newark, Delaware
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Newark, Delaware
-Flight to Boise, Idaho on January 25
-Campaign for Dean Mortimer ahead of the special election in ID-02 for 3 days in places like Boise, Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Meridian, Ammon, Glenns Ferry, Mountain Home (where he gave a speech at Mountain Home Air Force Base to praise the foreign policy successes of the Trump Administration and Mortimer’s support to strong national defense and national security while attacking Casper’s weak foreign policy positions supporting deep cuts to the military), Idaho City, Horseshoe Bend, Challis, Sugar City, Rexburg, Driggs, Victor, Rigby, Blackfoot, Shelley, Grace, Soda Springs touting Mortimer’s fiscal conservatism as he co-sponsored H 563 that reduced income tax rates in 2015 and champions small government and free enterprise. The Vice-President also praised Mortimer’s belief in energy independence as he voted in favor of prohibiting local ordinances from limiting oil and gas extraction and also highlights the Republican congressional candidate’s championship of the Second Amendment, reminding voters that Mortimer voted for prohibiting local gun ordinances, in favor of authorizing concealed carry without permit and establishing a « stand your ground » policy. He attacks Mortimer’s opponent Rebecca Casper for his liberal policies such as her strict gun control policies, her support for Obamacare, her tax hikes during her time as Mayor of Idaho Falls and the rise of the cost of Social Security under her watch.

-GOTV operation across ID-02 in an effort to get Republican, conservative and undecided voters to mobilize and vote for Dean Mortimer on January 27.

January 28, 2024
-Campaign in Miami, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Economic policy speech in Miami, Florida
-Foreign policy speech in Miami, Florida
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Miami, Florida
-Immigration policy speech in Miami, Florida
-Gun rights policy speech in Miami, Florida
-Campaign in Key Largo, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Big Pine Key, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Campaign in North Key Largo, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Sunrise, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Health care policy speech in Sunrise, Florida
-Tax cut policy speech in Sunrise, Florida
-Campaign in Pompano Beach, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Free enterprise policy speech in Pompano Beach, Florida
-Campaign in Coral Springs, Florida with Pam Bondi
-SCOTUS policy speech in Coral Springs, Florida
-Social security policy speech in Coral Springs, Florida
-Agriculture policy speech in Coral Springs, Florida
-Campaign in Pembroke Pines, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Fundraising event in Pembroke Pines, Florida
-Education policy speech in Pembroke Pines, Florida
-Free market policy speech in Pembroke Pines, Florida
-Campaign in Fort Lauderdale, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Space policy speech in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
-Trade policy speech in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
-Rally with voters at the Fort Lauderdale Stadium in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
-Campaign in Greenacres, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Economic policy speech at TBC Corporation headquarters in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
-Campaign in West Palm Beach, Florida with Pam Bondi
-National defense policy speech at Sikorsky Aircraft in West Palm Beach, Florida
-Border security policy speech in West Palm Beach, Florida
-Fundraising event in West Palm Beach, Florida
-Meet with college voters at Palm Beach Atlantic University in West Palm Beach, Florida
-Campaign in Sewall’s Point, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Rio, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Port Salerno, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Stuart, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Infrastructure policy speech in Stuart, Florida

January 29, 2024
-Campaign in Orlando, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Space policy speech at Lockheed Martin facility in Orlando, Florida
-Rally with voters at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida
-Economic policy speech at the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando in Orlando, Florida in an effort to attract Florida’s Hispanic voters by touting the benefits of free enterprise on Hispanics as the free enterprise and tax reform policies promoted by President Trump and Vice-President Rubio reduced the Hispanic unemployment rate at their lowest rate ever (3.9 %)
-Health care policy speech in Orlando, Florida
-Foreign policy speech in Orlando, Florida
-Meet with college voters at the Strayer University in Orlando, Florida
-Campaign in Maitland, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Apopka, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Tax cut policy speech in Apopka, Florida
-Campaign in Edgewood, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Ocoee, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Social security policy speech in Ocoee, Florida
-Agriculture policy speech in Ocoee, Florida where Rubio reminds voters of the importance to protect the interests of citrus companies for the sake of economic growth, reminding them that he supported provisions included in the Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018 such as $80 million per year for the Specialty Crop Research Initiative and $25 million per year for the Emergency Citrus Disease Research and Development Trust Fund. He promises to lower tariffs on agriculture products, including citrus products, in order to make sure they will reach more consumers around the world, thus making them competitive.

-Campaign in Tavares, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Pro-life policy speech in Tavares, Florida
-Gun rights policy speech in Tavares, Florida
-Campaign in Clermont, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Jasper, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Energy policy speech in Jasper, Florida
-Campaign in Crawfordville, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Sopchoppy, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Panacea, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Campaign in St. Marks, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Veterans policy speech in St. Marks, Florida
-Campaign in Jennings, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Lake Butler, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Campaign in Jacksonville, Florida with Pam Bondi
-Fundraising event in Jacksonville, Florida
-Rally with voters at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida :

Source : https://nypost.com/2016/06/14/marco-rubio-reconsiders-future-after-orlando-massacre/
The most important difference between myself and my rivals for the nomination is that I have an absolutely clear and large record of accomplishments. I accomplished a lot for the great state of Florida. As Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives, I led the House in apologizing for the state’s role in slavery. During my speakership, I stood against big government policies, including those put in place by then Florida Governor Charlie Crist, claiming a better solution for the protection of the environment while ensuring economic growth such as the promotion of biofuel, solar panels and energy efficiency. I put together a package expanding mentoring programs for teen boys, and helped create a program modeled on the Harlem Children's Zone in Miami. With the help of my colleagues, I published a book titled 100 Innovative Ideas for Florida's Future. And 24 of these ideas became law, including multiple-year car registrations, a requirement that high schools provide more vocational courses, and an expanded voucher-like school-choice program, and another 10 were partially enacted. In the Senate, I blocked the Obamacare bailout that has eventually been abolished through the repeal and replacement of Obamacare in the last 8 years. In 2014, over Bernie Sanders’ objections, I fought to ensure VA reform would allow senior VA executives to be fired if they prove themselves to be incompetent and negligent about the struggles of our veterans in order to care more about veterans than bureaucrats. I passed tough sanctions on the Hezbollah for the sake of our national security. I fought the Obama administration to pass sanctions on Venezuelan human rights violators and passed the Girls Count Act to combat human trafficking. In 2017, when Donald Trump became President of the United States, we were finally able to pass the agenda that America needed for the sake of our prosperity, our freedom and our security. That’s why I passed the VA Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act in order to protect any whistleblower denouncing any mistreatment and abuse towards our veterans unlike what Tammy Duckworth did by bullying, threatening and firing whistleblowers who came forward to denounce the fact that unchecked criminal was allowed to care for a veteran. I led the effort to secure funds and resources for the for Everglades restoration. I led the effort to double the Child Tax Credit from $1000 to $2000 in order to make the Trump tax cuts permanent and even broader and more effective, which put more money in the pockets of Americans, including Floridians, and ensured strong job creation in the last 8 years at the point of getting us to the lowest unemployment rate in 50 years. In 2019, I co-sponsored the Let Freedom Reign Act that provided military training and arms sales for the Venezuelan insurgency during the Venezuelan Civil War and helped the people of Venezuela to transfer towards democracy, liberty and integrity. As Vice-President, me and President Trump pursued the policies that guaranteed the preservation of America’s greatness by advocating tax cuts, free enterprise, protection of the Second Amendment, strong military and strong diplomacy and we now have the most conservative SCOTUS in the history of the United States. In 2021, I also became the first Vice-President in office to visit Iran since the Iranian Revolution and Arsham Parsi and I discussed issues in which we managed to reach agreements thanks to Parsi’s friendliness to our country. It was in the aftermath of that visit, a few weeks later, that Parsi announced, during a Joint Session of Congress that I presided along with the Speaker of the House, that Iran going to proceed towards their denuclearization, to stop sponsoring global terrorism and that our relations with Tehran were going to be normalized. And that’s exactly what happened, getting us to stronger nuclear security, stronger stability in the Middle East and to stronger global peace.

I am proud of my record and that large record of accomplishments is exactly the kind of experience that the American people wants in a candidate for the highest office in the world. I have passed every test, I know how to lead and my experience and background qualifies me to lead the greatest nation on Earth : the United States of America. We are in a time of history where you can't afford any on-the-job training. I know what it takes to get things done and make sure that America will pursue the progress of the last 8 years and that’s why we’re going to champion lower taxes, small government, free enterprise to preserve America’s status as the most business-friendly environment in the world and get America to full employment and permanent prosperity; strong borders; taking advantage of our sources of energy to get us to energy independence and strong military and strong diplomacy to keep America safe and get us to permanent long-term global peace. Under my leadership, America will continue to lead, not follow and our children and grandchildren, including my 4 children, will inherit a world in which they will earn the opportunity to grow up and live free and safe, to prosper and to succeed. When every American succeeds, America succeeds. That’s why we’re going to work together for opportunity and America will keep moving forward to the brightest, safest and most prosperous future we can ever imagine.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless America.

-Flight to Lebanon, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Lebanon, New Hampshire
-Free enterprise policy speech in Lebanon, New Hampshire
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Lebanon, New Hampshire
-Town hall meeting with voters in Lebanon, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Plymouth, New Hampshire
-Meet with college voters at Plymouth State University in Plymouth, New Hampshire
-Small government policy speech in Plymouth, New Hampshire
-Gun rights policy speech in Plymouth, New Hampshire
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Plymouth, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Campton, New Hampshire
-Infrastructure policy speech in Campton, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Canaan, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Littleton, New Hampshire
-Balanced budget policy speech in Littleton, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Bristol, New Hampshire
-Tax reform policy speech in Bristol, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Enfield, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Orford, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Thornton, New Hampshire

January 30, 2024
-Campaign in Lisbon, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Holderness, New Hampshire
-Tax cut policy speech in Holderness, New Hampshire
-Agriculture policy speech in Holderness, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Alexandria, New Hampshire
-Social security policy speech in Alexandria, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Colebrook, New Hampshire
-Economic policy speech in Colebrook, New Hampshire
-Health care policy speech in Colebrook, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Columbia, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Dalton, New Hampshire
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Dalton
-Campaign in Jefferson, New Hampshire
-Manufacturing policy speech in Jefferson, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Pittsburg, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Whitefield, New Hampshire
-Gun rights policy speech in Whitefield, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Atkinson, New Hampshire
-Free trade policy speech in Atkinson, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Derry, New Hampshire
-Free enterprise policy speech in Derry, New Hampshire
-Foreign policy speech in Derry, New Hampshire
-Fundraising event in Derry, New Hampshire
-Energy policy speech in Derry, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Plaistow, New Hampshire
-Town hall meeting with voters in Plaistow, New Hampshire
-Education policy speech in Plaistow, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Chester, New Hampshire
-Government spending in Chester, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Danville, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Fremont, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Hampton Falls, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Kensington, New Hampshire
-Immigration policy speech in Kensington, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Sandown, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Kingston, New Hampshire
-Free market policy speech in Kingston, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Newton, New Hampshire
-Government spending policy speech in Newton, New Hampshire
-Campaign in North Hampton, New Hampshire
-Campaign in South Hampton, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Rye, New Hampshire

January 31, 2024
-Campaign in Des Moines, Iowa
-Free enterprise policy speech in Des Moines, Iowa
-Fundraising event in Des Moines, Iowa
-Education policy speech in Des Moines, Iowa
-Campaign in Ankeny, Iowa
-Economic policy speech at the Deere & Company facility in Ankeny, Iowa
-Campaign in West Des Moines, Iowa
-Infrastructure policy speech in West Des Moines, Iowa
-Health care policy speech in West Des Moines, Iowa
-Campaign in Ames, Iowa
-Tax cut policy speech in Ames, Iowa
-Gun rights policy speech in Ames, Iowa
-Agriculture policy speech in Ames, Iowa
-Foreign policy speech in Ames, Iowa
-Campaign in Sioux Center, Iowa
-Free market policy speech in Sioux Center, Iowa
-Pro-life policy speech in Sioux Center, Iowa
-Manufacturing policy speech in Sioux Center, Iowa
-Meet with college voters at Dordt University in Sioux Center, Iowa
-Campaign in Hawarden, Iowa
-Energy policy speech in Hawarden, Iowa
-Campaign in Hull, Iowa
-Social security policy speech in Hull, Iowa
-Campaign in Rock Valley, Iowa
-Campaign in Sheldon, Iowa
-Campaign in Primghar, Iowa
-SCOTUS policy speech in Primghar, Iowa
-Campaign in Brooklyn, Iowa
-Campaign in Grinnell, Iowa
-Free trade policy speech in Grinnell, Iowa
-Campaign in Fort Dodge, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Campaign in Iowa City, Iowa
-Government spending policy speech in Iowa City, Iowa
-Tax reform policy speech in Iowa City, Iowa
-Campaign in Epworth, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Campaign in Dubuque, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Freedom of religion policy speech in Dubuque, Iowa
-Meet with college voters at the University of Dubuque in Dubuque, Iowa
-Economic policy speech at the Port of Dubuque in Dubuque, Iowa
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2019, 02:23:28 AM »

Further Merkley Endorsements

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
"Jeff Merkley has been in the Senate since 2008. he is a tireless fighter for our workers and our poor. He supported me in 2016 and since then, he has been one of the leaders in our fight for Medicare for All, the $15 an hour minimum wage, and the repeal of Taft-Hartley. If you want a president who will stand up and fight for the people of this country against the insipid corruption of lobbyists and a rapidly encroaching corporatocracy, then vote for Jeff Merkley in 2024!"

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI)
"Our workers in this country need someone who will stand up for a living wage and will spare no expense in taking on the giant corporations who run our nation. Jeff Merkley is the candidate who will fight the billionaire class tooth and nail to defend the rights of the people. I'm proud to endorse the next President of the United States of America, Jeff Merkley!

[Image credits: Wikimedia Commons]
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2019, 03:09:16 AM »

Jeff Merkley Debate Answers

"I want to thank Senator Duckworth and Governor Cuomo for being here tonight. I know I decided to get in to this race late, but we need someone to represent the left wing of our party in this race. Wither in the Oregon House or the US Senate, I have been fighting for our working and middle classes my entire life, and want to bring these values to the White House."

1) "This is inconsequential to every one of our campaigns. We should be talking about education, healthcare and infrastructure, not what symbol our party should use."

2) "Well the Republican Party has never been shy about its friendliness with Russia, and this is only further proof of that. I'm sorry, but when a foreign politcal candidate expresses favortism for a single political party above all else in our country, it returns questions about election interference from Russia, and we should be keeping a very close eye on further developments. We cannot express favortism for one party above all else, or it will hamper our diplomatic efforts throughout the world."

3) "This speaks to the heart of Republican problems in this country. When was the last time Democrats were even competitive in Idaho? It's as red a state as you can get, and now we are making a serious run of it? When a state as ruby red as Idaho is leaning towards the Democrat, you know people are upset. They're so worried about this, that they sent the Vice President of the United States to campaign! In Idaho! This speaks volumes to their vulnerabilities with the public, and we should exploit it for all we can."

4) "And independent Kurdish state should be our starting point, no ifs, ands or buts. What I find most incredible is that the President has decided to intervene now after backstabbing the Kurds in 2019! The backtracking on this, coupled with the revolving door of the White House, speaks to Republicans' problems when it comes to foreign policy. They can't decide whther to be hawks or doves and then completely mess everything up!

Independence for Kurdistan, and nothing more. We have wasted time nation-building in the Middle East for over 20 years. It is time to re-evaluate our foreign policy."

5) "Secretary Mnuchin has done many more things that simply bribe people. He led banking foreclosure efforts in California, and is one of the men responsible for the crash of 2008. The corruption runs deep inside this administration, who selected an out-and-out corporatist cabinet, obsessed with the bottom line of the ultra-rich, rather than the American people. As for whether another investigation is needed, I believe that it is, undoubtedly. I would be happy to partner with Senator Duckworth to lead such an investigation in the Senate, if she'll have me."

6) "It's refreshing to see some good news in foreign policy when one considers how haphazard this administration's has been. However, and not to sound like a downer, but I doubt whether these elections will be fair or whether they will simply be rigged. Pat indicators say that it will be rigged for Kim Jong-Un, and there is zero chance he will allow Western observers into his country to monitor the elections. I have trouble buying the sincerity of this at all, really."

7) "And to think I was just speaking on a tenuous foreign policy success of this administration. This is surge in far-right populism that is shattering the world, and the President's silence on the issue speaks volumes. I believe we should seek UN support for sanctions of these nations without delay. These countries rely on Western commerce, and they will not survive without it."

8 ) "Well, the Whiite House is a revolving door, and any administration that succeeds it must be airtight, with a balance of loyalty and competence, but thankfully I think we have that covered. I would likely consider Governors Whitmer, Raimondo or Kelly or Senators Klobuchar, Gilibrand or Baldwin. Senator Duckworth would make a fine Secretary of State, and I believe that a man of integrity, like Bill McRaven or Wesley Clark sould be Secretary of Defense. Our Attorney-General must be someone ready to take on the big banks and be utterly fearless when doing so; Richard Cordray would be ideal. As for Treasury, well I imagine Senator Warren would be ideally suited."

9) "Is this a trick question? Of course I will, unconditionally."

10) "I'm running because the progressive wing couldn't go through this primary without having its views represented. We needed to have the ideas of single-payer healthcare, of a living wage, a Green New Deal and the repeal of Taft-Hartley front and centre. I'm running because we need a truly progressive president in 2024, and not one who will merely give lip service to progressive ideals, then govern from the middle. That is why I am running."

11) "Honestly, just being in Oregon with m wife and family. DC is a long way from my home, and I like being able to rest in my own bed and wake up at a sane time every day. I'm sure that the Senator and Governor can sympathise!"
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2019, 07:12:28 PM »

Merkley introduces Rebuild America Act

"Mr President, our national infrastructure is crumbling. Our roads, highways and bridges are not being peoperly maintained and are falling apart. When infrastructure fails, disasters happen. This has been proven time and time again.

We also need to modernise our infrastructure. A high speed rail network, green jobs and upgrades to the National Highway System will allow us to move forward, and prepare for the transition to renewable energy we all know is coming. Moreover, this investment into our economy will create hundreds of thousands of jobs and attack unemployment across the nation.

With this in mind, in coordination with Senators Sanders and Warren, I am introducing the Rebuild America Act to rebuild and modernise our infrastructure for the future.

Key points:

-Create Jobs Transition Fund. Coal mines are shuttering all over the country, their CEOs continue to file for bankruptcy and it's the workers who will feel the sting when they do. Creating a Jobs Transition Fund will provide job training programs and green job opportunites for coal miners who have been put out of work.

-Invest $1.5 trillion into rebuilding roads and bridges. When they fail, people die.

-Give priority in rebuilding projects to small, local businesses. These small businesses are the backbone of our economy, and giving priority to them allows opportunities to grow. It also allows for localised control of projects, enabling them to be undertaken in great detail.

-Provide federal overseers for projects that cross state lines and liaisons for the companies enlisted for rebuilding to allow for greater coordination.

-Hiring priority to be given to those that have lost employment due to automation or offshoring of jobs.

-Invest $500 billion into high-speed rail where feasible. Research shows that high-speed rail is, over distances of up to 1000 miles, more efficient than air travel. Trains can run in nearly any weather, can be powered from electric lines run on renewable energy and rail lines can be constructed with minimal disturbance to the surrounding area. Ease of transport also opens up investment opportunities for businesses.

"This bill provides the tools necessary to fix and modernise our infrastructure. I hope my fellow senators will support this bill."
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2019, 08:19:56 AM »

Marco Rubio’s Debate Answers

Source : https://www.upi.com/News_Photos/News/GOP-hopefuls-debate-in-Iowa-sans-Trump/9900/ph3/

Opening statements : In the last few weeks, America made strong progress on different fronts : through Artemis 2, we sent a crewed mission to the Moon for the first time since 50 years, thus relaunching America’s space exploration program. We are pursuing the strong economic prosperity of the last 8 years thanks to the promotion of tax reform and small government. Thanks to American leadership, North Korea is now making great steps towards democratization. And I’m running for President to give every American the opportunity to live the American Dream and to earn a world in which they can appreciate opportunity, life freedom and security and that is what America is all about and that’s what we’re going to discuss tonight. Thank you.

1. I respect the choice of our party’s voters and I believe that we need to stay focused on the issues concerning the American people such as how to keep this economy growing, how to ensure health care and social security for all the people, how to protect the Constitution of the United States and how to keep America safe. That is what this campaign is all about and we’re going to stay focused on it.

2. The ceasefire represents great news for stability, peace and freedom in the Middle East. This move by President Trump has allowed us to avoid a blood bath in the region. Meanwhile, Erdogan is doing exactly the opposite and is pursuing his war against the Kurds who played a considerable role in helping us to defeat ISIS in Syria and Iraq. We all know that Turkey is a state-sponsor of terrorism as they supported radical jihadist groups al-Nusra and Ahrar al-Sham and 10 years ago, the Turkish government has stamped passports of foreigners seeking to cross the Turkey-Syria border and join ISIL. If Turkey doesn’t back down on this, they’re going to suffer the consequences of their stubbornness. If they pursue their strikes against the Kurds, we’re going to strengthen sanctions on Turkey to weaken their economy and their military power at the point of forcing them to recognize that they are losing the war in Kurdistan. And we’ll continue to provide military training and military arsenal to the Kurds to help them defeating the Turkish troops. As President of the United States, I will recognize Kurdistan as a free and independent state because we need to stand on the right side of history, stand up for the freedom and determination of countries around the world and stand up to tyrans and state-sponsors of terrorism like Erdogan. We’re going to build strong relations with Kurdistan, diplomatically, economically, militarily and politically. And we will be great partners for the maintenance of peace, stability and security and for the defense of human rights in the Middle East because that is the key to long-term peace and solid security and freedom.

3. Well, Swawell’s comments demonstrate once again that the Democrats are filled with a hatred of President Trump because of the successes of his presidency. President Trump accomplished in 8 years what President Obama could not have : standing up to Vladimir Putin’s Russia by keeping our military strong, expanding our alliances and strengthening sanctions on Moscow to condemn Putin’s tyranny, aggression and expansionist policies. And Polonsky’s election will end 20 years of Putin’s terror and oppression, which will represent a great opportunity for better relations with Russia as an Isolationist President there will be good news for stability in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. That’s why in the case of his election, I will hold a summit with him to normalize the US-Russia relations in the first 100 days of my presidency and we will work to get the world to the nuclear disarmament of Russia, to ratify the Fissile Material Cut-off Treaty, we will be partners to preserve global peace, to guarantee the respect of human rights around the world and to develop decent trade relations between our two countries for the sake of our prosperity and peaceful collaboration. This is a great opportunity for a long term and solid global peace in a time in which we defeated ISIS, in which North Korea and Iran denuclearized themselves in which North Korea and China are transitioning to democracy. And I’m the one on the stage with the best foreign policy knowledge to get us there. As a member of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations and as VP, I know what it takes to keep this country safe, to work with our allies and expand our alliances, to normalize our relations with Moscow and to efficiently fight to expand and maintain peace through strength around the world and thanks to my experience and leadership, we will make sure that our children and grandchildren will grow up in a world in which they will know peace, security, stability, freedom and prosperity.

4. I feel very optimistic about the democratic reforms in North Korea and that will favor even stronger relations between Washington and Pyongyang. And a democratic North Korea will further ensure the stabilization in the Korean peninsula and a stabilized Korea along with China’s possible move towards democracy at the issue of the April’s referendum are essential to stability, peace, security and freedom across the Pacific and in East Asia. All of that have been made possible thanks to the restoration of American leadership by President Trump, to the denuclearization of North Korea and to the opening North Korea’s economy to the rest of the world. I am absolutely proud of those accomplishments and I assure you that they will be accomplished under my watch as President of the United States thanks to strong and decent diplomacy.

5. Well, the points of interest on that issue that I will prioritize as President will be the defense of the interests of American businesses, farmers and manufacturing workers across this country. We represent 5 % of the world market so we need to trade with the remaining 95 % of the global economy. And in order to keep our jobs here in America while promoting free trade, I will reduce taxes and regulations on businesses, including manufacturing businesses, which will make it easier for manufacturing businesses to do business in America. In that same process, we will reduce the corporate tax rate from 21 % to 15 %. The reason we were losing jobs due to free trade before 2017 was because we had the highest corporate tax rate in the industrialized world which was 40 % at that time while Singapore now has a 2 % unemployment rate and benefits from free trade because they have the lowest corporate tax rate in the industrialized world, which was 17 %. So if we reduce tariffs our corporate tax rate to 15 %, we'll make free trade deals more favorable for American workers and keep our jobs here at home while pursuing our quest for open markets. In other words, that requires lowering tariffs, making America the best place in the world to do business and the most competitive nation in the world economy. These policies will allow U.S. businesses to make direct investments into foreign economies to produce goods at a lower cost in these environments, thus making American products (including agricultural products produced by farmers across this country) much more easily accessible to international consumers, strengthening our competitiveness and ensuring job creation here in this country. That’s how we’re going to make successful job creating free trade deals favorable for our workers under a Rubio Administration.

6. There’s only one word to best describe the rise of these dictatorships : troubling. Under my presidency, we will not hesitate to stand up for democracy and human rights and condemn any violations committed by these dictatorships and sanctions will be necessary to weaken their economies and so it will either force those regimes to back down on any kind of outrageous action and/or convince the people in the countries in question that tyranny is bad and as a result they will protest in one way or the other. Because freedom and democracy have always been among the purposes and will remain so under a Rubio Administration and we know that America leads by leading, not by following. And you know, it was Ronald Reagan who said that freedom is always just one generation away from extinction. We don't pass it to our children in the bloodstream, we have to fight for it and protect it, and then hand it to them so that they shall do the same so our children can earn the opportunity to earn and appreciate a world in which men and women; white, black, Hispanic and Asian people; Christians, Muslims, Jewish and other religious believers are free and equal. We’re going to fight for these values and I have the experience to do that as I fought the Obama administration to pass sanctions on Venezuelan human rights violators, introduced the Let Freedom Reign Act to provide military arsenal and training to the Venezuelan rebellion, helping them to win the Venezuelan Civil War over Maduro in 2019 and as our Administration’s diplomatic leadership contributed to the democratization of Iran and soon North Korea. Under my leadership, America will not only stick to its principles and will also fight to defend those principles abroad.

7. Of course I pledge to endorse whoever wins this nomination because everyone on this stage is clearly better than any of the Democratic presidential candidates. But I’m convinced that I will be the Republican nominee because I’m the only one on this stage who can unite this party as I proposed reduction of our corporate tax rate and tax cuts for businesses, including manufacturing businesses, in order to make our trade deals more favorable for American workers. And instead of ensuring clean energy development with taxpayers’ money, we’ll do so with a part of the revenues from oil drilling to ensure both economic growth and a better ecological footprint. I know how to appeal among Hispanics and that’s why my VP nomination helped President Trump to win almost 40 % of Hispanic voters in 2020 and that will be a key for states like Florida, Nevada, Colorado and New Mexico. And I’m getting support from farmers and ranchers thanks to my commitment to defend their interests through tax cuts for agricultural companies and farm subsidies in order to help them recover from the trade war with China and keep their competition strong, thus favoring job creation. I know I can win this election because I’m the most tested, prepared and experienced candidate for the highest office in the world and I know what it takes to keep America strong and prosperous and get things done. And my efforts to get Deidre Henderson elected to the House have been successful so I’m the only one who can boost our down ballot candidates and that way, if I’m the nominee we’re going to keep our majority in both houses and make sure we will keep taxes low, promote free enterprise, defend the Second Amendment, keep the SCOTUS in conservative hands and keep our military strong for the sake of our security.

8. First of all, all Republican voters, including Trump allies, understand perfectly that if Duckworth, Cuomo or Merkley win the White House, they’re going to raise taxes, increase spending, write the Second Amendment out of the Constitution, impose open borders and abortion and nominate liberal judges. Meanwhile I’m a champion of lower taxes for the sake of our prosperity, small government, I’m a defender of the Second Amendment and the life of the unborn and I believe in strong borders I will nominate conservative judges. That’s why our base is going to support me as the Republican nominee. When it comes to undecided voters, I will have no difficulty in appealing among them because I have the most experienced and most qualified candidate for President as I served as State House Speaker, as Senator, as Chairman of the Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and as VP so I know what it takes to grow this economy and how to keep us safe and free. And my experience is also the reason why we’re going to win the Florida primary because I accomplished a lot for that state as I led the House in apologizing for the state’s role in slavery, put together a package expanding mentoring programs for teen boys, and helped create a program modeled on the Harlem Children's Zone in Miami, led the effort to secure funds for the restoration of the Everglades and successfully fought to double the Child-Tax-Credit. And with all due respect for my rivals, we are in a time in history in which we can’t afford any on-the-job training. I know how to lead and how to get things done while crossing the aisle and that’s what I will do as President.

9. I think Louis Armstrong was one of the greatest singers ever. He had the ability to write and develop songs that have the potential to cause earworms and, especially, What a Wonderful World is one of the most remarkable and memorable songs ever.

Closing statements : Thank you, Iowa for hosting and watching us tonight. Just like all of America, Iowa is now better off than it was 8 years ago thanks to the Trump tax cuts that gave us the strongest economy in modern history (which got Iowa’s unemployment rate to the third lowest in the country), to the most conservative SCOTUS in history, to the defense our God-given rights and strong national security. As Chairman of the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, as a member of the Committee on Foreign Relations and as Vice-President I have the best experience to continue the progress of the last eight years and that’s why I’m the only candidate on this stage that the Democrats ever attacked in this campaign because they are scared to face me. We’re doing well among several groups such as Hispanics, Generation Z voters, rural voters, etc. That’s why I have the best chance to win this election and that way we will get our country to full employment, to strong global peace through strength and defend our Constitution and our freedom. And that’s why I ask for your vote.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2019, 08:23:52 AM »
« Edited: November 20, 2019, 08:44:13 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's TV Ad

In an effort to prevent any Rodriguez momentum and win among Trump allies, the Rubio campaign broadcasts an attack ad against Ivan Rodriguez on his opposition to the Trump Border Wall, indicating his support for open borders.

Title : Irresponsible

Airing : Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Delaware, Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Minnesota, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Florida and Arizona

Irresponsible advertising narration :

Source(s) :  https://theconversation.com/is-there-a-crisis-at-the-us-mexico-border-6-essential-reads-109547;https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/video/pudge-in-rangers-hall-of-fame/c-28988913?tid=8878826
Narrator : Even though America is facing a border crisis, Ivan Rodriguez is opposing President Trump’s Border Wall that finally secured our borders and is aimed at keeping America safe, keeping drugs and cartels out of America and bringing illegal immigration under control.

Source : https://www.kalb.com/content/news/President-Trump-visits-border-wall-in-California-calls-it-amazing-560720501.html

Source : http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/_/id/2523/iv%C3%A1n-rodr%C3%ADguez
Rodriguez’s statements during the first Republican debate : Also I disagree with his wall. I don’t think a wall is the answer and will keep up divided.

Source(s) : Own creation;https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/07/02/kobach-the-mask-comes-off-the-open-borders-movement/
Narrator : Rodriguez’s opposition to the Wall indicates his support for open borders, which is something the hard-core leftist Democrats want to have, which would lead to a flood of drugs and a flood of cartels, thus increasing crime rate in the country and make the Opioid crisis even worse through lax border security as most fentanyl is seized on the border (8 pounds of fentanyl from Mexico seized by US border agents in 2014, 200 pounds of fentanyl in 2015 and 950 pounds from October 2016 to August 2017 and more than half of it was seized at the San Diego and Tucson field offices on the Mexico border).

Source(s) : https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/us-world/border-mexico/article/New-report-shows-how-Mexican-cartels-are-12320888.php;https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/2018/06/07/opioid-crisis-made-worse-lax-border-security/679217002/

Source : https://www.cnn.com/2017/01/18/us/mlb-2017-hall-of-fame/index.html
Ivan Rodriguez, wrong on border security, wrong for America.

Marco Rubio : I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2019, 08:39:08 AM »
« Edited: November 20, 2019, 11:57:08 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 4

(Own creation)

February 1, 2024
-Campaign in San Francisco, California
-Economic policy speech in San Francisco, California
-Free trade policy speech in San Francisco, California
-Foreign policy speech in San Francisco, California
-Campaign in Novato, California
-Campaign in San Rafael, California
-Campaign in Napa, California
-Agriculture policy speech in Napa, California in an effort to appeal among California’s wine producing farmers
-Campaign in American Canyon, California
-Campaign in Woodland, California
-Health care policy speech in Woodland, California
-Campaign in West Sacramento, California
-Campaign in Davis, California
-Campaign in El Centro, California
-Education policy speech in El Centro, California
-Campaign in San Diego, California
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in San Diego, California
-Social security policy speech in San Diego, California
-Campaign in Los Angeles, California
-Space policy speech in Los Angeles, California
-Free enterprise policy speech in Los Angeles, California
-Fundraising event in Los Angeles, California
-Campaign in Sun Valley, Nevada
-Energy policy speech in Sun Valley, Nevada
-Campaign in Incline Village, Nevada
-Small government in Incline Village, Nevada
-Campaign in Reno, Nevada
-Government spending cut policy speech in Reno, Nevada
-Campaign in Yerington, Nevada
-Campaign in Fernley, Nevada
-Veterans policy speech in Fernley, Nevada
-Campaign in Las Vegas, Nevada
-Social policy speech in Las Vegas, Nevada
-Infrastructure policy speech in Las Vegas, Nevada
-Rally with voters at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada
-Campaign in Winchester, Nevada

February 2, 2024
-Campaign in Port Arthur, Texas with Ted Cruz
-Economic policy speech in Port Arthur, Texas
-Free trade policy speech in Port Arthur, Texas
-Campaign in Houston, Texas with Ted Cruz
-Rally at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas for a speech given by Ted Cruz who reminded voters in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey that hit Texas in 2017, Cruz, Rubio and John Cornyn introduced the Emergency Tax Relief for the families of victims of Hurricane Harvey, a bill that gave $5 billion in emergency tax relief for families impacted by Hurricane Harvey to help them recover from that disaster and that this law passed both Houses of Congress overwhelmingly. Cruz takes on the occasion to declare that this is the kind of leadership America needs in a President in order to protect America against such kind of disasters and called on Republican voters to vote for Marco Rubio to keep America safe and prosperous.

Source : https://floridapolitics.com/archives/214302-ted-cruz-endorses-marco-rubio-re-election-bid
-Campaign in Fort Worth, Texas with Ted Cruz
-Border security policy speech in Fort Worth, Texas
-Health care policy speech in Fort Worth, Texas
-Campaign in Dallas, Texas with Ted Cruz
-Foreign policy speech in Dallas, Texas
-Tax cut policy speech in Dallas, Texas
-Fundraising event in Dallas, Texas
-Flight to New York City, New York
-Campaign in New York City, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Free enterprise policy speech at Rockefeller Center in New York City, New York
-Space policy speech in New York City, New York
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in New York City, New York
-Rally with voters at the Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York :

Source : https://www.npr.org/2012/08/30/160355509/transcript-sen-marco-rubios-convention-speech
For all this campaign, I’ve been the only Republican presidential candidate the Democrats ever attacked. From Sherrod Brown to Elizabeth Warren, and from Jeff Merkley. It shows how much the Democrats are scared to face me as the Republican nominee because I’m the most tested, experienced and qualified to be President of the United States, because they know that President Trump and I succeeded in fixing America through tax reform which gave us the strongest economic growth in modern history, through strong military and strong diplomacy which kept America safe against terrorism and against the nuclear threat, through the relaunch of America’s Space Exploration program, through secured borders that put illegal immigration under control and through the nomination of conservative judges who defended the Constitution as well as the Second Amendment and the life of the unborn. It demonstrates that I only I can unite this party and beat the Democratic nominee, no wonder that my efforts to get down-ballot candidates like Deidre Henderson were successful, no wonder that my VP nomination in 2020 helped President Trump to considerably reinforce his showing among Hispanic voters by 8 percentage points (from 29 % in 2016 to 37 % in 2020). The Democrats are scared to face me but they are going to have to face me and we’re going to unite this party and open this party’s doors to new voters, including among Hispanics, among young voters and Generation Z voters. And we’re going to win this election because as Chairman of the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and as Vice-President I know what it takes to make sure that America will keep moving forward through the promotion of free enterprise, tax reform, small government and fiscal discipline for the sake of economic prosperity, through the promotion of a strong military and strong diplomacy for the sake of America’s national security and for global peace. That’s why I ask for your vote because when I will be the nominee, we will unite and grow this party, defeat whoever the Democrats will nominate and lead America to permanent economic prosperity, to full-employment, to long-term security and peace, to solid liberty through the defense of our constitutional and God-given rights.

Thank you. God bless you all and God bless America.

-Campaign in White Plains, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Anti-opioid policy speech in White Plains, New York
-Campaign in Yonkers, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Campaign in Binghamton, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Agriculture policy speech in Binghamton, New York
-Campaign in Troy, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Campaign in Niagara Falls, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Manufacturing policy speech in Niagara Falls, New York
-Campaign in Lackawanna, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Campaign in Tonawanda, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Campaign in Buffalo, New York with Rudy Giuliani
-Energy policy speech in Buffalo, New York
-Infrastructure policy speech in Buffalo, New York
-Education policy speech in Buffalo, New York

February 3-4, 2024
-Economic policy speech in Des Moines, Iowa
-Campaign in Ames, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Agriculture policy speech in Ames, Iowa in an effort to attract Iowa’s undecided voters and farm voters :

Source : http://nbclatino.com/2012/11/08/the-winds-of-2016-marco-rubio-headed-to-iowa/
Our economy, including our agricultural industry, have a very promising future. Five years ago, in the context of the Trade War with China, President Trump and Xi Jinping managed to cut a deal, during a joint summit, about that issue as both nations agreed to lift tariffs with China halting to steal IPs and the United States stopping to use Chinese citizens for cheap labor abroad. As a result, we managed to end the trade war, which helped farmers across this country, including here in Iowa, to recover and to further strengthen their competition.

Under my Presidency, we’re going to do even more about it. I will reduce taxes and regulations for businesses across this nation, including for agricultural businesses, to help them to innovate and to manufacture more tractors and seeds, which will boost job creation, improve agricultural technologies, ensure Iowa's and America's subsistence, reduce the food prices through the reduction of inflation and reduce Americans' dependence on food stamps, which will reinforce their purchasing power and give them more access to food. We’re going to approve agricultural subsidies in order to help agricultural communities to recover from the trade war and to strengthen farm businesses’ ability to compete and produce. I will also champion free trade, which will lower tariffs and increase exports and imports and increase access to our products, including farm and agricultural products, for 95 % of the world market (as we represent 5 % of the world market). Our farm industry is a major pillar of our economy and as long as our agricultural industry is strong, America’s economy is strong. As long as America is the best place to do business, America will be the best place for farmers to pursue their agricultural activities and will be the best place for everyday Americans to fill their food needs.

Thank you God bless you, God bless our farmers and God bless America.

-Campaign in Story City, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Free trade policy speech in Story City, Iowa
-Campaign in Mount Pleasant, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Tax cut policy speech in Mount Pleasant, Iowa
-Campaign in West Liberty, Iowa
-Manufacturing policy speech at West Liberty Food headquarters in West Liberty, Iowa
-Campaign in Muscatine, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Free enterprise policy speech in Muscatine, Iowa
-Pro-life policy speech in Muscatine, Iowa
-Social security policy speech in Muscatine, Iowa
-Campaign in Iowa Falls, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Campaign in Eldora, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Campaign in Story City, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Health care policy speech in Story City, Iowa
-Campaign in Milford, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Gun rights policy speech in Milford, Iowa
-Campaign in Spirit Lake, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-SCOTUS policy speech in Spirit Lake, Iowa
-Freedom of religion policy speech in Spirit Lake, Iowa
-Campaign in Council Bluffs, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Infrastructure policy speech in Council Bluffs, Iowa
-Energy policy speech in Council Bluffs, Iowa
-Campaign in Davenport, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Small government policy speech in Davenport, Iowa
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Davenport, Iowa
-Campaign in Pleasant Hill, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Education policy speech in Pleasant Hill, Iowa
-Campaign in Johnston, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Free market policy speech in Johnston, Iowa
-Campaign in Altoona, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Campaign in West Des Moines, Iowa with Kim Reynolds
-Fundraising event in Des Moines, Iowa
-Rally with voters at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, Iowa

February 5, 2024
-GOTV operation all across Iowa
-Campaign in all counties surrounding the Polk County with Kim Reynolds on economy, agriculture, free trade, SCOTUS, abortion, gun rights
-Watch the coverage of the Iowa caucuses and address to supporters in Des Moines, Iowa
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2019, 10:42:28 AM »

Brett Baier : "Hello Everyone and Welcome to Fox News’ Coverage of Idaho 2nd Congressional District Special Election. Tonight, me and my co-host Marta MacCullum will cover one of the most critical special elections of this cycle.

Martha MacCullum : "Right you are, Brett. Currently, the Democrats need to only gain 3 more seats to win the House and they could theoretically do it before election night even happens in November, which would be a major blow to Republicans. What is the most interesting about this race, however, is how close it is."

Brett Baier : "Correct. The state of Idaho, which voted for President Trump 68% to Warren's 26 % in 2020, is usually considered safe Republican territory, but this seat has gotten extremely close due to the Democrats running a popular candidate in Rebecca Casper, the Mayor of Idaho Falls. Currently, she trails her Republican Opponent by 1.5 % in the RCP Average, but it's within the margin of error and Early Voting has shown both candidates have an equal chance of winning tonight."

Martha MacCullum : "Well, the first precincts have closed in the state at 10 PM EST and it is far too close to call with less than 1 % of the vote in. Mayor Casper, having a lead in the Early vote, leads State Senator Mortimer by 0.9 %. Could this be a sign that the race will remain in Republican hands or will Casper be the first Democrat sent to the House by Idaho since Walt Minnick in 2009?"

Idaho's 2nd District Special Election - >1 % Reporting

Rebecca Casper : 49.4 %
Dean M. Mortimer : 48.5 %
Others : 2.1 %

10 : 30 PM EST

Brett Baier : "It's 10 : 30 PM in the East and with 25 % of the vote now reporting, Senator Mortimer now leads Casper by 3.8 %. We'll continue to cover the Special Election and give updates when we feel it's necessary."

Idaho's 2nd District Special Election - 25 % Reporting

Dean M. Mortimer : 50.6 %
Rebecca Casper : 47.8 %
Others : 1.6 %

11 PM EST

Brett Baier : "It's 11 PM in the East and now we have 50 % of the vote in and the race has gotten closer once more, with Casper picking up a lot of late votes, with Mortimer's lead now down to 0.5 % and this race remains too close to call. It seems the third party candidates are really causing a stir in this race with the Libertarian getting 3/4ths of the third party votes."

Idaho's 2nd District Special Election - 50 % Reporting

Dean M. Mortimer : 49.9 %
Rebecca Casper : 49.4 %
Others : 0.7 %

11 : 30 PM EST

Brett Baier : "It is now 11:30 PM in the East and with 75 % of the vote in, Mayor Casper has retaken the lead, but it's rather tenuous as she leads by 0.3 %. Will it be enough for her to barely avoid a recount or will the last wave of votes be almost entirely for Mortimer, which could tip the balance in his favor."

Idaho's 2nd District Special Election - 75 % Reporting

Rebecca Casper : 48.1 %
Dean M. Mortimer : 47.8 %
Others : 4.1 %

12 AM EST

Brett Baier : "It is now Midnight in the East and with 100 % of the vote in, it looks like Mayor Casper has barely won the race, winning by just 0.26 %. However, an automatic recount has been triggered and the Secretary of State of Idaho, Tommy Alhquist, has announced that the recount will begin tomorrow at 8 AM Eastern and will end on February 2nd at 8 PM eastern. While this ends tonight's coverage, we will cover the final result of the recount once it arrives."

Idaho's 2nd District Special Election - 100 % Reporting

Rebecca Casper : 48.92 %
Dean M. Mortimer : 48.66 %
Others : 2.42 %

SEVERAL DAYS LATER

b]Brett Baier : [/b]"Welcome to our desk today and we have an interesting key race alert! The recount for Idaho's 2nd Congressional District's special election has finished and it has found that Casper has barely won the election by 0.14 %. Many Republicans are blaming the Libertarian candidate, who ran on as many of the same issues of Mortimer, for this loss. This is the first major Democratic victory in years and Representative-Elect Casper thanked her supporters as well as Senators Merkley and Duckworth for their support and that she will fight for everyone in her district. Meanwhile, State Senator Dean M. Mortimer has given his concession speech, congratulating all of his opponents on a well run campaign. We are receiving reports, however, that he could be filing for the general election in November due to how close this race is. No matter the case, this is a devastating blow for Republicans and a sign of momentum for Democrats and signs to come in their eyes. Thank you and good night."

Idaho's 2nd District Special Election - 100 % Reporting

Rebecca Casper : 48.73 %
Dean M. Mortimer : 48.59 %
Others : 2.468 %

Source : https://www.idahofallsidaho.gov/Directory.aspx?EID=122

Rebecca Casper elected the next Representative of ID-02 (Democratic Gain)

CURRENT HOUSE COMPOSITION

Republicans : 219 Seats

Democrats : 216 Seats (+1 so Far)
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2019, 12:42:48 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Announces Co-Sponsorship of the Rebuild America Act

“I’m proud to co-sponsor Senator Merkley’s Rebuild America Act. The provisions of this bill will address some serious problems facing the people of the nation, and we must push for real, tangible solutions. I call on my colleagues in the Senate to put the people above their partisanship and pass this bill.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2019, 12:51:55 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2019, 11:39:01 PM by Homosexual Extremist »

Tammy Duckworth Congratulates Rebecca Casper for Her Victory at a Rally in Iowa

“I have to take a moment tonight to congratulate Rebecca Casper on winning a seat that pundits doubted any democrat would have a chance in. I have loved the opportunity to travel across Idaho on her behalf, and I’m immensely impressed by the campaign she ran. I am looking forward to building a congressional majority filled with strong recruits, like Mayor Casper, to work toward real progress in this country.”
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2019, 02:38:53 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2019, 08:59:06 PM by UWS »

Rubio's Surrogate Schedule

Source : https://www.omaha.com/news/state_and_regional/iowa-gov-kim-reynolds-offers-her-plans-for-the-state/article_4fae097d-9935-547e-94bc-23320351dd74.html

Governor Kim Reynolds campaigns for Vice-President Rubio all across Iowa. During a rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Governor Reynolds blasts Rubio's rivals for the nomination Kristi Noem and Ivan Rodriguez, blaming them for not having campaigned for Dean Mortimer, the Republican congressional candidate in ID-02 (as Rubio was the only Republican presidential candidate to have campaigned for Mortimer in ID-02), which led to a verry narrow win by the Democrats in ID-02 and getting them closer to win the majority in the House of Representatives. She described Rubio as the candidate with the best knowledge to grow the economy due to his leadership as Chairman of the Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and with the best foreign policy expertise to bring the world to global peace and to keep America safe. She touted Rubio's constitutional conservatism, his plan to relaunch America's agricultural industry through farm subsidies as well as tax cuts for agricultural businesses and through the promotion of free trade. On the day before the Iowa caucuses as well as during the day of the caucuses, Reynolds leads GOTV operation efforts for Rubio all across Iowa.

Source : https://www.wsj.com/articles/rudy-giuliani-says-defeating-isis-to-be-early-focus-of-donald-trumps-foreign-policy-1479174875

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani campaigns for Rubio in New Hampshire and in New York on economy, trade, energy, border security and national security and praised Rubio's plan to combat the Opioid Crisis.

Source : https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/25/world/meanwhile-in-america-october-25/index.html

Mike Pence campaigns for Rubio in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Delaware New York, Texas, Florida and Virginia throughout January. In the late days of January and in the early days of February, Pence campaigns for Republican candidates Suzanne Miles, Stan Lee and Page Cortez in KY-02, KY-06 and LA-03 ahead of the special elections in those 3 House Districts, touting their constitutional conservatism, their advocacy of lower taxes, small government, the Second Amendment, pro-life policies and strong national security. Pence takes on the occasion to blast their Democratic opponents Jim Glenn (KY-02), Pamela Brown (KY-06) and Jamie Mayo (LA-03) as Glenn voted against authorizing constitutional concealed carry, voted to increase the wholesale price of gasoline and voted to increase sales taxes on alcohol and tobacco; tied Brown on the liberal mainstream media's bias towards President Trump despite his successes such as strong economy, strong national security and defense of America's constitutional rights; blasted Mayo on his tax hike and gun control policies during his time as Mayor and also attacked Mayo on his move to give a Key to the City to Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam, which is a designated antisemitic and racist hate group.

Source : https://www.tampabay.com/news/breaking/carlton-pam-bondi-the-trump-card-and-whats-next-for-her-20181123/

Pam Bondi campaigns for Rubio all across the state of Florida on economy, trade, energy, gun rights, SCOTUS, national security, foreign policy, space exploration and experience.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2019, 06:21:57 PM »

Brett Baier : "Hello Everyone and Welcome to Fox News’ Coverage of perhaps one of the most important nights this year. Tonight, me and my co-host Marta MacCullum will cover this momentus occasion.

Martha MacCullum : "Right you are, Brett. Tonight, Iowa will be the first state in the nation to vote and both parties will hold their caucuses where their state can decide who to support at the convention. The winner of the Caucuses usually have momentum to propel them to further victories across the country in the primaries. Currently, the top two candidates for both parties are South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem and Vice President Marco Rubio of Florida for the Republicans and Illinois Senator Tammy Duckworth and New York Governor Andrew Cuomo for the Democrats. Such an interesting turn of events from the start of the primary season in August."

Brett Baier : "Indeed it is. At that point in time, the race seemed to be a contest between Rubio and DeSantis for the Republicans and Kaine and Brown for the Democrats. However, both Governor Noem and Senator Duckworth, through the dropping out of political rivals and strong debate performances, have increased their polling. Currently the last RCP Average of both fields show Noem leading Rubio by 13.6 % and Duckworth leading Cuomo, who has been strangely absent this past month, by 9.2 %. Will these polls hold up or will there be an upset for Rubio or even a last minute Rodriguez or even Merkley surge? Only the results will tell."

Martha MacCullum : "It is currently 10 PM in the East and already the first results have started to pour in. With less than 1 % of the vote in for both parties, Noem has a 18.3 % lead over Rubio that is likely to get closer as time goes on while Duckworth has a 6.3 % lead over Merkley of all people. It seems his debate performance a few weeks ago has really  switched things up for the Democratic Field, but will that be enough? Remember, a candidate needs at least 15 % of the vote to get a Delegate for the Democratic Caucuses while the Republican Count is proportional. 32 Delegates up for grabs for the Republicans and 55 for the Democrats."

Republican Iowa Caucuses (32 Delegates) - <1 % of the vote reporting

Kristi Noem : 49.2 %
Marco Rubio : 30.9 %
Ivan Rodriguez : 19.9 %

Democratic Iowa Caucuses (55 Delegates) - <1 % of the vote reporting

Tammy Duckworth : 41.7 %
Jeff Merkley : 35.4 %
Andrew Cuomo : 22.9 %

Brett Baier : "Very interesting early results so far. If this continues, then it's likely that Noem could win the Caucuses within the next hour or two while the Democrats will perhaps continue to be in a close battle for the state. If this keeps up, only the results will tell. We'll be back to you soon with more reports on the vote count thus far. Until then, stay tuned."
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2019, 07:24:40 PM »

Martha MacCullum : "Welcome back everyone! It is 10:45 PM in the East and both races have become rather interesting, to say the least."

Brett Baier : "Indeed. the gap has closed between Noem and Rubio, with her now leading the Vice President by 9.2 % in the Republican field while Merkley has barely overcome Duckworth and now leads her by 0.7 % in the Democratic Field. Strong performance for someone who entered so late."

Martha MacCullum : "It could be because Merkley was able to connect with voters more and his introduction of the Rebuild America Act has made him very popular in the inner cities as of recent polling shows. Currently, 25 % of the vote is reporting for both caucuses."

Republican Iowa Caucuses (32 Delegates) - 25 % of the vote reporting

Kristi Noem : 46.7 %
Marco Rubio : 37.5 %
Ivan Rodriguez : 15.8 %

Democratic Iowa Caucuses (55 Delegates) - 25 % of the vote reporting

Jeff Merkley : 40.5 %
Tammy Duckworth : 39.8 %
Andrew Cuomo : 19.7 %

Brett Baier : "A close race that is getting more and more interesting by the minute. More results will be covered very soon."
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2019, 08:24:42 PM »

Martha MacCullum : "It is now 11:30 PM in the East and we can report that now 50 % of the vote is in."

Brett Baier : "With half of the vote in for both parties, it's looking like the major candidates are coming out on top as Tammy Duckworth has now surged ahead of Merkley once more and Noem has a slim lead."

Martha MacCullum : "This is true as Noem now holds a lead over Vice President Rubio of 3.4 % while Duckworth leads Merkley by 4.9 %. By Midnight, at the very least, we can expect an official call, when all votes have been counted by the public at large. Still, however, both parties look to have close competitions."

Republican Iowa Caucuses (32 Delegates) - 50 % of the vote reporting

Kristi Noem : 39.1 %
Marco Rubio : 35.7 %
Ivan Rodriguez : 25.2 %

Democratic Iowa Caucuses (55 Delegates) - 50 % of the vote reporting

Tammy Duckworth : 46.2 %
Jeff Merkley : 41.3 %
Andrew Cuomo : 12.5 %

Brett Baier : "After these messages, we'll return with more results."
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2019, 11:30:43 AM »

Martha MacCullum : "It is now 11:45 PM in the East and we can report that now 75 % of the vote is in for both presidential fields."

Brett Baier : "With 3/4ths of the vote now in, we at Fox News can make a projection for the Iowa Republican Caucuses. South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem will win by 8.5 % against Vice President Rubio."

Martha MacCullum : "A strong victory for the Governor that is sure to give her momentum going into the next stage of the primaries. Meanwhile, for the Democrats, Tammy Duckworth has slipped to just 5.6 % over Merkley. The winner of Iowa for the Democrats could have huge consequences for the rest of the primary, but it currently looks like Andrew Cuomo might be left out of the delegate count with him being under the required 15 % threshold."

Republican Iowa Caucuses (32 Delegates) - 75 % of the vote reporting

Kristi Noem : 42.7 % ✔ ()
Marco Rubio : 34.2 % ()
Ivan Rodriguez : 23.1 % ()

Democratic Iowa Caucuses (55 Delegates) - 75 % of the vote reporting

Tammy Duckworth : 45.4 %
Jeff Merkley : 39.8 %
Andrew Cuomo : 14.8 %

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kristi_L._Noem_113th_Congress.jpg

SOUTH DAKOTA GOVERNOR KRISITI NOEM WINS REPUBLICAN IOWA CAUCUSES

12 AM EST

Brett Baier : "It is now midnight tonight in the East and we can finally make a projection. Senator Tammy Duckworth of Illinois will carry the state of Iowa over Senator Merkley by 1.2 %. A strong performance by all candidates involved and it gives Duckworth some hope that maybe, she'll be competitive in New Hampshire. We can't wait for you to join us for the coverage of the first primary in the nation. A last minute surge for Cuomo has also halped him and gaining some delegates from Iowa. Thank you and good night."

Republican Iowa Caucuses (32 Delegates) - 100 % of the vote reporting

Kristi Noem : 41.6 % ✔ (14 Delegates)
Marco Rubio : 32.1 % (10 Delegates)
Ivan Rodriguez : 26.3 % (8 Delegates)

Democratic Iowa Caucuses (55 Delegates) - 100 % of the vote reporting

Tammy Duckworth : 38.5 % ✔ (21 Delegates)
Jeff Merkley : 37.3 % (21 Delegates)
Andrew Cuomo : 24.2 % (13 Delegates)

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tammy_Duckworth,_official_portrait,_115th_Congress.jpg

SENATOR TAMMY DUCKWORTH OF ILLINOIS WIN THE IOWA CAUCUSES

Current Republican Count

Krisiti Noem : 14 Delegates (1 State)
Marco Rubio : 10 Delegates (0 States)
Ivan Rodriguez : 8 Delegates (0 States)
1,262 Delegates needed for the Nomination
2,522 Total Delegates

Current Democratic Count

Tammy Duckworth : 21 Delegates (1 State)
Jeff Merkley : 21 Delegates (0 States)
Andrew Cuomo : 13 Delegates (0 States)
2,853 Delegates needed for the Nomination
5,705 Total Delegates
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2019, 07:03:06 PM »

Merkley Concession Speech

[credit: Wikimedia Commons]

"First of all I want to congratulate Senator Duckworth on her win tonight. I've just called her to concede Iowa.

We may not have won tonight, but we gave it one hell of a contest for starting this campaign so late. A tie in delegates! Tonight, the people of Iowa sent a message that they want real, progressive change. They want a $15 minimum wage, they want a national healthcare system, they want Wall Street and our big banks held accountable, they want to rebuild our nation's infrastructure.

This fight is just getting started. We will continue to bring progressive issues to the front of this election and resurrect the legacy of the New Deal and the Great Society.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2019, 11:50:25 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Victory Speech

"Iowa! We did it! I'm so proud of what this campaign has achieved this month. First, we got out there to support Rebecca Casper in her election to the House of Representatives, then, we won Iowa, next is New Hampshire, and then in November, The White House. Tonight, Iowa said yes to universal healthcare, to protecting reproductive rights, and to strengthening the middle class in this country. I want to thank my fellow Democratic candidates, Senator Merkley and Governor Cuomo, for running such a spirited campaign here. The energy is on our side, and together we will bring about a more perfect union."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies