A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:42:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21
Author Topic: A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 60592 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: November 23, 2019, 09:05:55 AM »
« edited: November 23, 2019, 08:43:25 PM by UWS »

Vice-President Rubio's Post-Iowa Caucuses Speech
Source : https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-02/marco-rubio-emerges-as-champion-of-republican-establishment/7134586

Thank you, Iowa. Thank you so very much.

Once again, we beat the odds and did better than what the polls predicted us to do in Iowa. Because we offered a bright vision of America's future based on the record of the last eight years, strong economic prosperity thanks to tax cuts and the promotion of free enterprise, strong diplomacy and strong military to ensure long-term global peace and keep America safe against terrorism, take advantage of our own sources of energy for the sake of America's energy independence, defense of our Constitutional rights such as freedom of religion and the right to self-defense through the possession of a firearm thanks to the most conservative SCOTUS in history, we convinced tens of thousands of Iowans to join our campaign. You walked with us, you made the calls and knocked on doors. You made a huge difference tonight.

First, I want to congratulate Governor Kristi Noem for her victory tonight. She worked really hard here in Iowa. And she earned her victory tonight. And I want to thank an all powerful and mighty God for the chance that he has given us to be a part of this endeavor here in Iowa and for the chance he has given to a bartender and a housekeeper for all the opportunities that America offered to people like my parents who barely spooke English lived paycheck to paycheck when they came here from Cuba but they were successful thanks to their perseverance. My father dropped out of school when he was 9 years old and had to go work. He would never go back to school. He would work for the next 70 years of his life. My parents arrived in this country, they struggled but they didn't give up. Less than a decade after they arrived here with nothing, my father a bartender on Miami beach, they owned a home. Not a mansion, but a safe and stable home in a safe and stable neighborhood. Decades later they would retire with dignity and security. And the most important thing of all for them, they left all four of their children with a life better than their own. This was the purpose of my parents' life: to give their kids, us, the chance to do all the things they never could.

That's not just my story. That's our story, that's America's story. That's the story of your parents — you know the stories of your parents who sacrificed and gave up so much so you could be what they could not. It's the story of those parents today who are doing the same for their children. It is this that makes America special. And this is what we fight now to preserve.

This is the kind of country that I want to leave for my children. This is the kind of country your children and your grand children deserve to inherit as well. And this is what we must now decide. Whether we will remain that kind of country, or whether we will be the first generation to lose it. It's an important choice.

In the last 8 years, we allowed the strongest economic growth in modern history thanks to the Trump tax cuts that made America the best place in the world to do business, promoted free enterprise, strengthened the American people's purchasing power and encouraged job creation, thus giving us the lowest unemployment rate in 50 years through the creation of 6 million new jobs. Thanks to the nomination of conservative judges, we gave this country the most conservative Supre Court in U.S. history, ensuring the protection of the Second Amendment and the right to carry fireweapons for self-defense, the life of the unborn and freedom of religion. Thanks to the restoration of American leadership and the modernization of our military, we defeated ISIS, got the world to the denuclearization of North Korea and Iran, which is getting us to solid and long-term global peace. We can't let Tammy Duckworth, Jeff Merkley or Andrew Cuomo spoil that future through tax increases, regulations on America's energy industry, restrictions on the Second Amendment, deep cuts to the military. When I'm the nominee, we are going to unify this party, and we are going to unify the conservative movement. When I'm our nominee, we are going to grow the conservative movement. We're going to take our message to the people who are struggling paycheck to paycheck. To the students living under the burden of student loans. To the young people voting for the first time. To the ethnic minority voters who came to our party because they understood that free enterprise is the right solution to our country's problems.

As it has always been my purpose, my family's purpose, to grant the next generation, including my 4 children, the chance to do all the things we never could, we're going to New Hampshire in order to prove that even the son of a bartender and a housekeeper can achieve all the opportunities that previous generations couldn't have, including winning the Republican nomination and becoming President of the United States.

Thank you. God bless you. God bless Iowa and God bless America.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #151 on: November 23, 2019, 10:42:07 PM »

Ivan Rodriguez Iowa reaction speech

Source:Daliy Heard

*The crowd cheers I-Rod and Pudge as he gets to the podium*
Thank you! Thank you!

We didn’t get the result we wanted however at the same time I want to congratulate Governor Noem on her victory here in Iowa. But I want to thank to all people and my campaign for getting out to vote and volunteering and working your hearts out!

The great think about this county is that it’s a democratic Republic and that even if you don’t agree with the majority vote you still feel good that your vote counted and that it was a free and fair election!

Even though we didn’t win tommorow the race is far from over and we still have a very good chance of wining this whole thing!

NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2019, 01:57:25 AM »

Kristi Noem Iowa Victory Speech

Thank you, Iowa!

I not only want to thank the fantastic people of Iowa for trusting me enough to give me their support to be the Republican nominee, I also want to thank everyone who has believed in this campaign, everyone who took their time to volunteer, or donate, or even just listen to me speak.

If I could go back in time, to when I dropped out of college to support my family business, and tell me that I would be standing here today as the victor of the Iowa caucuses, as well as the most electable candidate for the Republican Party to put forward, I would have never believed you. I came from humble roots, and I won't forget that, I never have. Together, we can make change in this country. Together, we can win this election. But this isn't just about winning its about governing, and we need someone who has a strong governing track record. I would not be running if I did not believe I was that person.

And I am honored Iowa agrees! Thank you and good night!
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2019, 09:18:20 AM »

Turn VII : February 6th-13th

Trump Approval Rating

Disapprove : 52 %
Approve : 45 %
Unsure/No Opinion : 3 %

General Election Polls

Vice President Rubio vs Senator Duckworth

Duckworth : 59 % (+24)
Rubio : 35 %
Undecided/Others : 6 %

Governor Noem vs Senator Duckworth

Duckworth : 48 % (+7)
Noem : 41 %
Undecided/Others : 11 %

Vice President Rubio vs Senator Merkley

Merkley: 54 % (+14)
Rubio : 40 %
Undecided/Others : 6 %

Governor Noem vs Senator Duckworth

Merkley: 51 % (+11)
Noem : 39 %
Undecided/Others : 10 %

Source(s) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kristi_L._Noem_113th_Congress.jpg ; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tammy_Duckworth,_official_portrait,_115th_Congress.jpg

Noem, Duckworth wins Iowa Caucuses; Noem leads Delegate Count, Duckworth and Merkley tied in Delegates

The result of the Iowa Caucuses were surprising to many on the Democratic side. WIth the apparent Disappearance of Governor Cuomo from the campaign trail before the Iowa Caucuses, Senator Merkley has come in to absorb most of his support, with some support going to Senator Duckworth instead. With a tie in Delegates for the Democrats, Merkley looks to make a splash despite a late start to his campaign as he currently leads in New Hampshire and South Carolina thanks in part to his great performance. Meanwhile, Noem leads in the Delegate Count for the Republican Party, but she could potentially lose that lead to Marco Rubio following the New Hampshire primary, which the Vice President is expected to win easily. As such, she and Governor Rodriguez must divert most of their attention to the Super Tuesday states and the remaining states of the primary if they wish for a shot at remaining competitive.

Source : https://apps.bostonglobe.com/graphics/2015/06/newhampshire/

New Hampshire Primary on February 13th

On February 13th, New Hampshire will hold it's Party primaries. While the Republican Primary is expected to end relatively quickly, the Democratic one is expected to be a battle between the two frontrunners of the field.

KY-02, KY-06 to hold special election on February 7th, LA-03 on February 10th

The congressional seats of KY-02, KY-06, and LA-03 are expected to hold special elections in the days leading up to the New Hampshire primary. While KY-02 (With State Representative Suzanne Miles (R) v State Representative Jim Glenn (D)) and LA-03 (with State Senator Page Cortez (R) v State Senator and 2023 Democratic Louisiana Secretary of State Nominee Gerald Boudreaux (D)) are expected to easily be held by the Republicans, KY-06, a battle between State Representative Stan Lee, the Republican Nominee, and CNN Reporter Pamela Brown, the Democratic Nominee, has begun as the latest polls show Brown leading Lee by 1.3 %. While within the margin of error, Republicans have begun pouring cash into the state in order to ensure it won't flip like ID-02 did.

Katie Hill resigns amidst controversy (February 8th); Robert Aderholt to retire after Heart attack (February 11th)

After being caught having inappropriate relations with a female campaign staffer for several years now, Representative Katie Hill (D-CA-25) has resigned from her seat, forcing a special election to be held in April. Meanwhile, after suffering a heart attack on February 7th, Representative Robert Aderholt (R-AL-04) resigned, issuing yet another special election in April. While both parties have yet to comment on what has been happening, many realize that a true changing of the guard has begun for the United States Congress.

Justice Breyer suffers another attack; Democratic Party increasingly concerned

On February 10th, Associate Justice Stephen Breyer suffered another Heart Attack and he remains in critical condition in the hospital ever since his arrival. This concerns most of the Democratic Party, as Breyer's death and/or retirement it would mean Donald Trump would be able to get a seventh appointment to the Supreme Court, a historic eruption that would mold the future generations of the United States. Some reports indicate that Trump has said privately that he hopes Breyer dies, though these can't be clarified for now.

Senator Merkley introduces Re-Build America Act; Receives wide Bi-Partisan Support

2024 Democratic Presidential Hopeful and Oregon Senator Jeff Merkley has recently introduced the Re-Build America Act in the United States Senate, which has received wide bi-partisan support, getting the backing of his Presidential opponent, Senator Duckworth, as well as Senate Minortiy Leader and Whip Sherrod Brown (D-OH) and Chris Coons (D-DE) and Senatoe Majority Leader and Whip John Thune (R-SD) and Joni Ernst (R-IA). The bill has even gotten support from House speaker Jim Jordan. A floor vote will be held on March 6th.

Senators and Representatives across both parties introduce potential 28th Amendment; Amendment will have Congressional term, age, and health limits

Following the recent strings of retirements and deaths of long time Senators and Representatives in Congress, On February 7th, Republican Senators Manny Sethi (R-TN) and Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Democratic Senators Rebecca Rios (D-AZ) and Raja Krishnamoorthi (D-IL) have introduced a potential 28th Constitutional Amendment that will issue restrictions of age and health for candidates running for office while also issuing term limits. The potential amendment has received the support of key Representatives, such as Dan Crenshaw of Texas and Adam Schiff of California.

The Amendment will have the cut-off age of a Senator be 75 years of age and that should an Incumbent's term have them become 75 years and it isn't their last term, they will not be allowed to run for re-election the next time their seat is up. There is also a health restriction that doesn't allow anyone with heart disabilities or cancer to run for office or remain in office, instead having them retire upon the news being reported so a special election can be held to quickly replace them. The most interesting bid is the issuing of term limits. Senators will be issued a term limit of 4 (18 years) + plus any years given to them via appointment or special election while Representatives are granted a term limit of 9 with the same stipulations as before. What is even more interesting is that there is no grandfather clause so, upon the ratification of this new amendment, all Congressional incumbents will be subject to its rules.

It is widely expected that the topic of this amendment will be discussed among both political circles and could even be a topic of debate for the Presidential Primaries. Hearings for the idea will be held on March 1st and will end on March 10th.

Source : https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/12/world/middleeast/turkey-invasion-syria-kurds.html

Coalition invades Turkey, looks to bring Erdogan to the negotiating table

On February 6th, a coalition of Rojava, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Georgia, Armenia, and Greece launched what they called 'Operation Ceasefire' in which they hope to finally bring Erdogan to the negotiating table so that the conflict that had been raging over the middle east for over a decade can finally come to an end. President Trump has gone on the record that he won't consider the use of air power to support this coalition, saying this is the middle East's problem for now while President Erdogan has stated Turkey will fight to the last man if it has to. How this will effect the current political climate is unknown.

Current Primary Polling for Both Parties

Republican Primary Polling

Marco Rubio : 43 % (+9)
Krisiti Noem : 34 %
Ivan Rodriguez : 17 %
Undecided : 6 %

Democratic Primary Polling

Tammy Duckworth : 40 % (+2)
Jeff Merkley : 38 %
Andrew Cuomo : 18 %
Undecided : 4 %

New Hampshire Republican Primary

Marco Rubio : 58 % (+33)
Krisiti Noem : 25 %
Ivan Rodriguez : 14 %
Undecided : 3 %

New Hampshire Democratic Primary

Jeff Merkley : 46 % (+9)
Tammy Duckworth : 37 %
Andrew Cuomo : 15 %
Undecided : 2 %

South Carolina Republican Primary

Krisiti Noem : 44 % (+2)
Ivan Rodriguez : 42 %
Marco Rubio : 10 %
Undecided : 4 %

Delaware Democratic Primary

Tammy Duckworth : 56 % (+26)
Jeff Merkley : 30 %
Andrew Cuomo : 12 %
Undecided : 2 %

Delaware Republican Primary

Marco Rubio : 41 % (+2)
Krisiti Noem : 39 %
Ivan Rodriguez : 15 %
Undecided : 5 %

South Carolina Democratic Primary

Jeff Merkley : 46 % (+1)
Tammy Duckworth : 45 %
Andrew Cuomo : 6 %
Undecided : 3 %

This turn will end on December 6th and will culminate in the Republican and Democratic Primary in New Hampshire. Remember to date your schedule accordingly and feel free to interact with the news anyway you see fit. Once December 6th Comes and just about every player or all players posted their schedule, I'll begin posting, first with the Special congressional elections at Noon and then the New Hampshire Primary at 5:30. Have fun everyone.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2019, 11:03:14 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2019, 11:06:39 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's TV Ad

In an effort to win among voters who selected the economy as the most important issue and among fiscal conservatives, the Rubio campaign broadcasts an ad about New Hampshire’s reputation as a tax-free state and about Rubio's economic plan.

Title : Example

Airing : New Hampshire, Delaware, California, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Vermont and Florida

Example ad narration :

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Hampshire#/media/File:Flag_of_New_Hampshire.svg
Narrator : New Hampshire is a good example of the effectiveness of free enterprise and small government as solutions to grow the economy.

Source(s) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester,_New_Hampshire#/media/File:Manch-DownTown.jpg
New Hampshire has no general sales tax, nor income tax. Kiplinger has ranked Manchester as the second tax-friendly city in the nation with the second lowest overall tax burden. Manchester has also been ranked as the 13th best place in America to do business and thanks to Governor Sununu’s tax cuts, New Hampshire improved its business tax climate that is now the 6th best in the nation.

Source(s) : https://medium.com/@OnDitMagazine/death-and-tax-cuts-a5d113fc2b93; https://www.web-design-miami.com/blog/small-business-branding.htm

Those policies are resulted to New Hampshire’s prosperity and the Granite State has the 6th lowest unemployment rate in America (2.6 %).

Source : https://www.wsj.com/articles/marco-rubio-to-lay-out-ideas-on-economy-1394407503
Marco Rubio has always followed that example and will continue to do so as President of the United States. In the Senate, he cosponsored the Regulation Costs to Small Businesses Act that required the Small Business Administration to conduct an annual study to estimate the total cost of regulations on small businesses. In 2017, he led the effort to double the child tax credit from $1000 to $2000 to make the Trump tax cuts even broader and permanent, which strengthened our economy and increased American consumers' purchasing power. He also chaired the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, defending the interests of American small businesses and passing legislation preserving America’s status as a business-friendly environment. And under President Trump and Vice-President Rubio, six million new jobs have been created.

Source : https://www.caymanfinancialreview.com/2018/10/31/massive-deficits-and-tax-cuts-good-for-us-growth-or-harmful-in-the-long-run/
As President, he will cut taxes for all Americans, including the middle class, and for all businesses, including small businesses, so our economy can keep growing and creating jobs by making America the best place in the world to do business. He will reduce government spending in order to bring our deficit under control and we'll adopt a balanced budget amendment.

Source(s) : https://unionsystems.com/2019/10/23/trade-x-optimised-for-new-cbn-trade-monitoring-system-for-export/; https://www.businessfwd.org/export-import-bank-supports-160000-jobs/workers-at-manufacturing-plant/
In order to keep our jobs here in America while promoting free trade, Rubio will reduce taxes and regulations on businesses, including manufacturing businesses, which will make it easier for manufacturing businesses to do business in America. In that same process, he will reduce the corporate tax rate from 21 % to 15 %, which will make free trade deals more favorable for American workers and keep our jobs here at home while pursuing our quest for open markets.

Source : https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2015/10/why-infrastructure-investment-is-key-to-ending-poverty/
For the sake of infrastructure development, he will reduce the federal gasoline tax rate by 80 %; veto any gas-tax increase; turn back control of the highways to the states; stop special interests in Washington from building “Bridges to Nowhere” and engaging in other wasteful spending; free states from the strings that come attached to federal funding; remove barriers to public-private partnerships; repeal the Davis-Bacon Act that inflates government costs by billions every year and is a giveaway of taxpayer dollars to labor unions and phasing out the Mass Transit Account, which loots the Highway Trust Fund.

Source : https://www.newstalkflorida.com/featured/marco-rubio-elected-chairman-of-senate-small-business-committee/
Marco Rubio, the champion of taxpayers and the fighter with the experience and the plan to keep America’s status as the land of opportunity, to keep this economy growing, to defend the interests of taxpayers and hard-working Americans and to lead this country to full-employment and permanent prosperity.

Marco Rubio : I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #155 on: November 29, 2019, 02:49:47 PM »

Ivan Rodriguez responds to Marco Rubio’s attack ad against him in Clemson South Carolina

Source:Salt Lake Tribute

So Vice President Rubio decided to air a attack ad against me taking what I said about border funding and took me out of context.

Now you know I have pledge not to run any attack ads against my Republican primary opponents and instead focus on the issues at hand.  I have issues my plans for border protection on my website and my social media. I plan on investing money into protecting the border by putting military soldiers on the border to protect from crime and illegal trade of drugs and illegal immigration.

I will fight against any attempt by the Democrats to stop my plan for going intact.  I think our border is one of the most important issues in our election beside healthcare and military spending.

So my advice to the Vice President is too stick to the issues so that we can stand united and have another 4 years of a Republican in the White House.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #156 on: November 29, 2019, 05:27:47 PM »

Merkley scores major endorsements

[Credit: Wikimedia Commons]

The Working Families party can now officially announce it will be endorsing Senator Jeff Merkley for President in 2024. Senator Merkley has been at the forefront of progressive causes since his arrival in the Senate in 2008, and has fought endlessly for universal healthcare, green energy transition and rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure. Senator Merkley is the progressive candidate for President in 2020, and we are proud to support him

[credit: Wikimedia Commons]

Since 1955, the AFL-CIO has been standing up for the working class of this country, represent nearly 12 million workers, both active and retired. Our unions have been needlessly gutted by right-to-work laws, endless tax cuts for the richest and the demonization of unions that has taken place under conservative administrations.

We need a president who will stand up for the working class in this nation, who will raise the minimum wage and ensure that people can live comfortably after working 40 hours a week. That is why we support Senator Jeff Merkley for President of the United States in 2024.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2019, 12:59:57 PM »

What Ivan Rodriguez did part 1

Ivan Rodriguez campaigned trying to establish a lead in South Carolina by talking about how we would boost South Carolina small business and how free trade will help them out. He held a Log Cabin Republicans rally in Columbia South Carolina.

Rodriguez almost campaigned on Healthcare in the area as he saw it is one of the top 2 main issues in the 2024 elections.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #158 on: November 30, 2019, 02:12:42 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2019, 02:56:36 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Governor Rodriguez in Buffalo, New York

Governor Rodriguez asked me to stay focused on issues. Well, Governor that's exactly what I'm doing and that's why I understand perfectly that voters have the right to know who has the best experience and judgement to keep this country safe.

We have to understand that we almost lost the 2022 midterm elections and so the Democrats saw it as an opportunity to impose open borders and spoil our efforts to secure the border. Now, Governor Rodriguez has himself, of his own mouth, said during a primary debate last summer that he is opposing President Trump's Border Wall that secured our borders. And that's how border arrests of illegal immigrants has hit the lowest level since 1971. So it the Wall has secured our borders and yet Governor Rodriguez is still opposing the Wall, indicating his support for open borders. Governor Rodriguez is now lashing out because he's unable to defend his opposition to the Wall and his position in favor of open borders. In addition, he also wants to legalize opioids, which will only make the Opioid Crisis even worse by making opioids easily accessible as drug companies pushed for doctors and the government to embrace their drugs and as different levels of government loosened access to opioids after lobbying from drug companies. As a result, a lot of people have died : in terms of overdoses, the opioid epidemic is deadlier than any other drug crisis in US history. More than 560,000 people in the US died to drug overdoses between 1999 and 2015 because opioid companies got a hold of a dangerous, addictive product, marketed it irresponsibly, and lobbied for lax rules. Here, the state of New York as well as the state of South Carolina suffered between 16.1 and 19 per 100 000 drug overdose deaths overall in 2016 and New Hampshire as well as my home state of Florida are among the states that are mostly hit by the epidemic as they suffered 52.0 per 100 000 drug overdose deaths the same year. Yet, Governor Rodriguez still wants to legalize opioids while President Trump made the fight against the Opioid Crisis one of his top priorities. that is not the way to keep America safe and protect our children's future. If the Governor now says that he's for strong borders, then he changed his position. So you can understand clearly that his record speaks for itself. He can't have it both ways. I know how to keep this country safe, because I've been tested time and time again. Under my presidency, you can count on me : we will keep our borders secured by keeping border security measures strong and by adding deploying soldiers there and putting in place a E-Verify system and in order to combat the Opioid Crisis we will reduce demand and over-prescription, including educating Americans about the dangers of opioid misuse; cut down on the supply of illicit drugs by cracking down on the international and domestic drug supply chains that devastate American communities; and those struggling with addiction through evidence-based treatment and recovery support services.

Thank you. God bless you and God bless America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #159 on: November 30, 2019, 02:36:58 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2019, 09:25:19 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 1

(Own creation)

February 6, 2024
-Campaign for Republican congressional candidates ahead of the special elections in KY-02 and KY-06.
-Vice-President Rubio stumps for Suzanne Miles in Bowling Green, Kentucky where he touted Miles' championship of lower taxes and less government, his advocacy of the right to wear fireweapons and pro-life policies and slammed Miles' Democratic opponent Jim Glenn on his vote to increase the wholesale price of gasoline and his vote to increase sales taxes on alcohol and tobacco.
-VP Rubio campaigns for Stan Lee in Lexington, Kentucky (in KY-06) :

Source : https://www.jacksonville.com/article/20160313/NEWS/801244885?template=ampart
Hello, Kentucky!

Tomorrow, voters in Kentucky's 6th congressional district will head to the polls in the context of a special election that will likely decide which party will control the House of Representatives as we now have a narrow 219-216 majority. My friends, every single seat counts and so every single vote counts like we saw in the special election in ID-02. So here's the most important question in this election : are you better off than you were 8 years ago? Thanks to the promotion of lower taxes and small government, we ensured strong job creation across this country, including here in Kentucky, giving us the lowest unemployment rate in 50 years. We now have the most conservative SCOTUS in history, favoring the protection of your Second Amendment rights and the life of unborn children. We secured our borders and we kept America safe thanks to a strong military as we defeated ISIS and brought North Korea and Iran on the table at the point of getting them to denuclearize and transition towards the respect of freedom, getting us to stonger global peace. That is what this race is all about. That's why you need to understand the fundamental differences between the 2 candidates running in this special election.

On one hand, we got Stan Lee, a principled, constitutional and fiscal conservative who understands Kentucky values. He voted against raising alcohol and tobacco sales taxes and opposed increasing the wholesale price of gasoline and he's a supporter of the promotion of clean coal technologies. As a defender of the life of the unborn, he voted in favor of requiring an ultrasound 24 hours prior to abortion. As an unapologetic defender of the Second Amendment and the right to self-defense, Stan voted in favor of concealed weapons permit classification and in favor of authorizing constitutional carry.

This record is a total contrast to his opponent Pamela Brown. She is part of the mainstream media's bias against President Trump and against the conservative movement, including during the impeachment inquiry against the President in 2019. If elected, Brown will side with liberals in Congress, including Andre Carson and Sherrod Brown. She wants to raise your taxes, she is supporting Obamacare, will tolerate abortion. Brown is supporting stricter gun control laws and she wants to stand in the way of coal mining workers through regulations on coal. It sounds obvious that the Democrats have learned nothing from their defeat in last November's gubernatorial election here in Kentucky, they are still out of touch with Kentucky voters.

That's why we need you to go to the polls at the highest possible number in order to pull up a win here in KY-06, get Stan Lee elected to the House of Representatives to defend your interests and your values and to keep the House of Representatives under control in order to pursue the policies that kept America great, safe, prosperous and free.

Thank you. God bless you, God bless Kentucky and God bless America.

-VP Rubio campaigns for Page Cortez in LA-03.

February 7, 2024
-Campaign in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Social security policy speech in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Town hall meeting with voters in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Economic policy speech in Manchester, New Hampshire :

Source : https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/01/24/marco-rubio-iowa-des-moines-register-fox-news-sunday/79261900/

The Granite State is a great example of the effectiveness of free enterprise, small government and lower taxes, all policies promoted by President Trump and I, getting this country to the strongest economy in recent history with the lowest unemployment rate in 5 decades and the creation of 6 million new jobs nationally.

New Hampshire is a proud tax-free state. New Hampshire has no general sales tax, nor income tax. Kiplinger has ranked Manchester as the second tax-friendly city in the nation with the second lowest overall tax burden. Manchester has also been ranked as the 13th best place in America to do business and thanks to Governor Sununu’s tax cuts, New Hampshire improved its business tax climate that is now the 6th best in the nation. Those policies are resulted to New Hampshire’s prosperity and the Granite State has the 6th lowest unemployment rate in America (2.6 %).

I have always followed that example throughout my career and will continue to do so as President of the United States. In the Senate, I cosponsored the Regulation Costs to Small Businesses Act that required the Small Business Administration to conduct an annual study to estimate the total cost of regulations on small businesses. In 2017, I led the effort to double the child tax credit from $1000 to $2000 to make the Trump tax cuts even broader and permanent, which strengthened our economy and increased American consumers' purchasing power. And I chaired the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, defending the interests of American small businesses and passing legislation preserving America’s status as a business-friendly environment.

As President, I will cut taxes for all Americans, including the middle class, and for all businesses, including small businesses, so our economy can keep growing and creating jobs by making America the best place in the world to do business. I will reduce government spending in order to bring our deficit under control and we'll adopt a balanced budget amendment. In order to keep our jobs here in America while promoting free trade, Rubio will reduce taxes and regulations on businesses, including manufacturing businesses, which will make it easier for manufacturing businesses to do business in America. In that same process, he will reduce the corporate tax rate from 21 % to 15 %, which will make free trade deals more favorable for American workers and keep our jobs here at home while pursuing our quest for open markets. For the sake of infrastructure development, I will reduce the federal gasoline tax rate by 80 %; veto any gas-tax increase; turn back control of the highways to the states; stop special interests in Washington from building “Bridges to Nowhere” and engaging in other wasteful spending; free states from the strings that come attached to federal funding; remove barriers to public-private partnerships; repeal the Davis-Bacon Act that inflates government costs by billions every year and is a giveaway of taxpayer dollars to labor unions and phasing out the Mass Transit Account, which loots the Highway Trust Fund.

I have the right knowledge and plan to keep America’s status as the land of opportunity, to keep this economy growing, to defend the interests of taxpayers and hard-working Americans and to lead this country to full-employment and permanent prosperity.

That's why I ask for your vote and our country will experience the brightest and most prosperous areas in history.

Thank you. God bless you, God bless New Hampshire and God bless America.

-Campaign in Antrim, New Hampshire
-Health care policy speech in Antrim, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Deering, New Hampshire
-Government spending policy speech in Deering, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Hancock, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Education policy speech in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Free enterprise policy speech in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Foreign policy speech in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Mason, New Hampshire
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Mason, New Hampshire
-Energy policy speech in Mason, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Hill, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Concord, New Hampshire
-Small government policy speech in Concord, New Hampshire
-Trade policy speech in Concord, New Hampshire
-Agriculture policy speech in Concord, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Franklin, New Hampshire
-Space policy speech in Franklin, New Hampshire
-Manufacturing policy speech in Franklin, New Hampshire

February 8, 2024
-Campaign in New York City, New York with Rudy Giuliani and Scherie Murray
-Economic policy speech in New York City, New York
-Foreign policy speech in New York City, New York
-Fundraising event in New York City, New York
-Education policy speech in New York City, New York
-Infrastructure policy speech in New York City, New York
-Campaign in Carmel Hamlet, New York with Rudy Giuliani and Scherie Murray
-Campaign in Poughkeepsie, New York with Rudy Giuliani and Scherie Murray
-Campaign in La Grange, New York with Rudy Giuliani and Scherie Murray
-Health care policy speech in La Grange, New York
-Trade policy speech in La Grange, New York
-Campaign in Beacon, New York with Rudy Giuliani and Scherie Murray
-Campaign in Greenport, New York with Rudy Giuliani and Scherie Murray
-Campaign in Rensselaer, New York with Rudy Giuliani and Scherie Murray
-Gun rights policy speech in Rensselaer, New York
-Campaign in Sand Lake, New York with Rudy Giuliani and Scherie Murray
-Border security policy speech in Sand Lake, New York
-Campaign in Troy, New York with Rudy Giuliani and Scherie Murray
-Tax cut policy speech in Troy, New York
-Campaign in Saratoga Springs, New York with Rudy Giuliani and Scherie Murray
-SCOTUS policy speech in Saratoga Springs, New York
-Campaign in Ballston Spa, New York with Rudy Giuliani and Scherie Murray
-Campaign in Mechanicville, New York with Rudy Giuliani and Scherie Murray
-Agriculture policy speech in Mechanicville, New York
-Campaign in Albany, New York with Rudy Giuliani and Scherie Murray
-Free enterprise policy speech in Albany, New York
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Albany, New York
-Foreign policy speech in reaction to the launching of Operation Ceasefire in Albany, New York :

Source : https://www.businessinsider.com/marco-rubio-on-planned-parenthood-2015-9
Two days ago, the Coalition led by Rojava, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Greece, Georgia and Armenia have launched Operation Ceasefire against Turkey in order to get Erdogan to the negotiating table in order to put an end to this terrible conflict that has been raging in Kurdistan for a decade now. And according to recent data, the Greeks are close from taking Istanbul, which is a very strategic position, and thanks to our ally Iran's military power (14th military power in the world), our allies have a chance to triumph over the Turkish Armed Forces. Even though we are not leading airstrikes against Turkey, the United States of America are still making a contribution to the success of Operation Ceasefire as long as we toughen economic and diplomatic sanctions against Turkey to weaken their economy and their military power and as long as we provide miltary training and arsenal to the Kurds which is how we defeated ISIS. We stand up for freedom and democracy and for the respect of the determination the people of Kurdistan. That's how we're going to ensure the defense and preservation of freedom, stability and security in the Middle East. Erdogan now has to come back to reason and get to the negotiating table or Turkey will have to suffer the consequences.

-Flight to Boston, Massachusetts
-Campaign in Boston, Massachusetts
-Small government policy speech in Boston, Massachusetts
-Freedom of religion policy speech in Boston, Massachusetts
-Small government policy speech in Boston, Massachusetts
-Rally with voters at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts
-Meet with college voters at Harvard University in Boston, Massachusetts
-Campaign in Cambridge, Massachusetts
-Immigration policy speech in Cambridge, Massachusetts
-National security policy speech in Cambridge, Massachusetts
-Campaign in Lowell, Massachusetts
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Lowell, Massachusetts
-Campaign in Medford, Massachusetts
-Campaign in Worcester, Massachusetts
-Fundraising event in Worcester, Massachusetts
-Energy policy speech in Worcester, Massachusetts

February 9, 2024
-Campaign in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
-Town hall meeting with voters in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
-Tax policy speech in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
-Infrastructure policy speech in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
-Fundraising event in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
-Dinner with voters at Cafe Espresso in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Fremont, New Hampshire
-Trade policy speech in Fremont, New Hampshire
-Economic policy speech in Fremont, New Hampshire
-Campaign in New Castle, New Hampshire
-Campaign in North Hampton, New Hampshire
-Anti-opioid policy speech in North Hampton, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Rye, New Hampshire
-Health care policy speech in Rye, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Newton, New Hampshire
-Agriculture policy speech in Newton, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Sandown, New Hampshire
-Campaign in South Hampton, New Hampshire
-SCOTUS policy speech in South Hampton, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Rollinsford, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Somersworth, New Hampshire
-Foreign policy speech in Somersworth, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Rochester, New Hampshire
-Small government policy speech in Rochester, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Dover, New Hampshire
-Energy policy speech in Dover, New Hampshire :

Source : https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-05-09/marco-rubio-outlines-a-liam-neeson-foreign-policy-in-south-carolina
The recent events in Turkey also represent a factor of the importance for America to get to energy independence. In effect, some of the money that we send overseas through our oil imports is ending up in the hands of dictators, like Erdogan, who do not have our interests or our values, and sometimes want to harm America. The moreover that Turkey is a state-sponsor of terrorism and so some of that money could also end up in the hands of terrorist organizations who will use that money to fund their terrorist activities and their war effort, which could help them to launch attacks against us and our allies. We can't afford that.

That's why we need to reduce our dependence from foreign oil and take advantage of all of our sources of energy, including oil, gas, coal, nuclear, wind, solar and hydroelectricity and to promote offshore drilling in ANWR and the construction of a pipeline from Alaska to Texas through Canada. We will use a part of the revenues from oil drilling into the development of renewable energies, so we can favor both economic growth and a clean environment. That's what we're going to do under my presidency. That way, not only we will keep our economy strong and favor economic growth as well as the preservation of America's status as the world's top energy producer, but we will also get to energy independence. As a result, we're going to deprive anti-American forces, including Turkey and their state-sponsored terrorist organizations, of revenues from our oil imports through our energy dependence, depriving them of means to harm the American people and our allies. That way we're going to keep America prosperous and safe and stand up for the defense, respect and expansion of freedom around the world.

-Campaign in Laconia, New Hampshire
-Social security policy speech in Laconia, New Hampshire
-Government spending policy speech in Laonia, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Meredith, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Tilton, New Hampshire
-Flight to Wilmington, Delaware
-Campaign in Wilmington, Delaware
-Small government policy speech in Wilmington, Delaware
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Wilmington, Delaware
-Campaign in Newark, Delaware
-Free enterprise policy speech in Newark, Delaware
-Campaign in New Castle, Delaware
-Manufacturing policy speech in New Castle, Delaware
-Campaign in Delaware City, Delaware
-Education policy speech in Delaware City, Delaware
-Campaign in Newport, Delaware
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #160 on: November 30, 2019, 05:17:42 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Announces Endorsements

Senator Dan Feltes (D-NH)

"In this race, one candidate best represents the values of this great state, and that's Tammy Duckworth. From expanding broadband to everyone, no matter how rural your county, to providing a public option for healthcare, Tammy Duckworth has our back. We can trust her to do the job on day one, and to win this race."

Representative Marlon Kimpson (D-SC)

Source

"I always value politicians who show up for our communities even when it's not an election year. When someone has shown up, we know we can trust them to represent us. Tammy Duckworth is one of those politicians. She has fought for background checks and common sense gun control, she fights for public schools, and increasing the minimum wage. I'm proud to support her, and can't wait to begin campaigning for her across this great state."

Representative Lucy McBath (D-GA)

Source

"In 2018, I was an underdog. Pundits didn't think I had a shot in a traditionally Republican district, especially on a platform that highlights common sense gun control measures. Together, voters in my district proved the conventional wisdom wrong. Tammy Duckworth knows something about being the underdog, from her service in the Army, to Congress, and this race for President. So far, she's exceeded all expectations from pundits, and has ran a strong campaign. I am happy to support her and look forward to calling her Madame President."

Senator Anthony Foxx (D-NC)

Source

"My friend and colleague, Tammy Duckworth, is running for President. Like many North Carolinians, I am inspired by the hopeful message of progress being put forth by her campaign, and am grateful for her voice in this race. With the help of a President Duckworth, we could stabilize the healthcare market, expand funding for public transit, and codify Roe v Wade as law. We must work together to elect Tammy, this election is too important for us to sit on the sidelines."
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #161 on: December 01, 2019, 10:41:40 PM »

Source:Dallas Morning News
Ivan Rodriguez campaigns on Healthcare in Charleston South Carolina

The Democrats want to take away your healthcare and think that the government should decide want your healthcare is and should be well let me tell you something this is the United States and this is a country that should put people over government and when it comes to healthcare it should be no exception!

As President I will try to let you make your decisions about healthcare and I will cut regulations and let competition flows.

I will restore consumer controlled healthcare letting you decide what doctors and plans you want and how you can make your plans more affordable.

I plan on protecting and improving heath savings accounts, and of course I will end onerous healthcare regulations, roll back tax burdens on insurance companies who are hand in hand with the government to make your healthcare unaffordable.

And we need to encourage medical innovation and encourage not punish!

Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: December 02, 2019, 11:55:25 AM »

Tammy Duckworth Introduces the Protect Working Families Act

"We live in the most prosperous country in the world, but we are letting down families across this country. Childcare costs have gotten so high that many parents have to pay a fourth of their income just to balance the responsibilities of work and family life. This leaves many having to make a choice between lower quality care, losing benefits due to part time work, or breaking the bank to give their children good care.

It's for reasons like this many young people are choosing not to have children, or, like myself, waiting until they are much older and settled in their careers to have children. Even in the Senate, you can find yourself without much structural support for juggling work and family life.

This is why I'm introducing the Protect Working Families Act, which will help ensure that everyone has the support they need to give their families the best care, while not having to sacrifice career opportunities that can lift their families up."

Bill Details:

- Establishes four months of paid family leave, allowing parents and those caring for a sick or elderly family member to focus on their family, rather than worrying about paying their bills, with no fear about losing their job.

- Creates a universal childcare system, with the federal government partnering with local organizations to provide childcare to all. Families making under 200% of the local poverty rate will receive this for free, and those making more will have their costs indexed to their income, capping costs at 8% of a family's income, providing universal savings to anyone who opts into the program.

- Provides additional funding to low income schools designated for after school activities, including an hourly overtime pay for any faculty member that runs the activity. This provision's goal is to shrink the gap between after school activities in low income schools vs wealthier districts, providing care for working parents.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #163 on: December 02, 2019, 01:39:06 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2019, 01:48:04 PM by Congrats Senator Manny Sethi »

BREAKING NEWS : Georgia Senator Brad Raffensperger to resign from Senate effective April 2nd/Alaska Senator Don Young dies in Plane Crash

February 11th - "Early this morning, Georgia Senator Brad Raffensperger has announced his intent to resign from the Senate. Despite having been appointed to the Seat for only a few months with the appointment of Former Senator David Perdue as Secretary of Defense in December of last year. The reason for this sudden retirement is unknown, as the Senator was due for a Special Election in November and looked to be filing to run in January, but many believe that it is due to concerns for his health. The Senator has announced that he will retire effectively on April 2nd once his replacement has been selected. Georgia Governor Brian Kemp has announced that he will be allowing all of the citizens of Georgia to apply for the Seat in order to give everyone a chance, but experts believe there are three front-runners : United States Attorney for the Northern District of Georgia B. J. Pak, U.S. Representative Doug Collins, and Former Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price. The Governor will close the website that allows citizens to sign up for the Seat on February 23rd and announce his planned appointment on March 10th."

February 13th - "Just several hours before the first poll closings in the New Hampshire Primary, Horrific news has been declared. Alaska Senator Don Young had been taking a flight to Juneau from D.C. earlier today and was expected to arrive by 3 PM. However, wreckage has been found in Montana that indicates that the Senator's plane had crashed. The Senator himself and several of his aides perished in the crash. As police investigate what happened, Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy has announced a week of mourning to take place before he selects the Senator's replacement on March 2nd."
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2019, 08:03:46 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2019, 09:16:03 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's TV Ad

In an effort to win among voters who selected foreign policy as the most important issue and who are looking for a presidential candidate who has the right experience to lead and keep America safe, Marco Rubio's presidential campaign broadcasts an ad about Rubio's leadership and plan to keep America safe and to ensure long-term global peace.

Title : Peace

Airing : New Hampshire, South Carolina, Delaware, California, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Vermont and Florida

Peace ad narration :

Source(s) : https://www.activistpost.com/2015/10/the-mystery-of-isis-toyota-army-solved.html; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moujQncZyP0
Narrator : Eight years ago, America was facing a very dangerous world : strong jihadist threat that orchestrated 2 terrorist attacks on the U.S. soil, an Iran sponsoring terrorism and on the path to become a nuclear power, nuclear escalation in the Pacific and a Russia challenging us on so many different fronts.

Source(s) : https://www.cnn.com/2013/11/07/world/meast/irans-nuclear-capabilities-fast-fa; https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cpsprodpb/BB5D/production/_95056974_038356031reu.jpg

Source(s) : https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/05/10/rubio-trump-republican-nominee/84198336/; https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/heritage-foundation-military-ill-equipped-handle/2015/10/28/id/699516/
But under President Trump and Vice-President Rubio, America is now much safer than it was 8 years ago thanks to a restoration of American leadership as well as a strengthening and modernization of our military and the building of large and strong coalitions.

Source(s) : https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2016/12/20/airstrikes-against-isis-ramp-up-with-fights-for-mosul-raqqa/; https://www.nbcnews.com/video/trump-and-kim-jong-un-shake-hands-at-summit-1253450307996
We defeated ISIS, got the world to the denuclearization and democratization of North Korea and Iran and a normalization of our relations with these 2 countries.

Source : https://www.economist.com/the-economist-explains/2014/11/25/what-china-means-by-democracy
We stood up to the agression of Vladimir Putin’s Russia. And China is about to hold a referendum on whether to transit towards democracy and it will be overseen by United Nations Elections Officials to make sure there is no evidence of voter fraud.

Source : https://www.jacksonville.com/article/20160313/NEWS/801244885?template=ampart
We are living times of great opportunity for long term global peace. As a member of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations and as Vice-President of the United States, Marco Rubio has the best foreign policy experience to get us there.

Source : https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4992442,00.html
In the Senate, he passed tough sanctions on the Hezbollah for the sake of our national security, fought the Obama administration to pass sanctions on Venezuelan human rights violators and passed the Girls Count Act to combat human trafficking.

Source : https://www.borgenmagazine.com/girls-count-act-2015/

Source(s) : https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/116/s1; https://www.stripes.com/news/units-from-24-countries-join-together-for-largest-annual-exercise-in-the-mideast-1.467478
He successfully introduced the U.S.-Jordan Defense Cooperation Act to provide assistance to our Jordanian allies in the battle against ISIS and in dealing with the Syrian refugee crisis. He co-sponsored the Let Freedom Reign Act that provided military training and arms sales for the Venezuelan insurgency during the Venezuelan Civil War and helped the people of Venezuela to transfer towards democracy, liberty and integrity.

Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Venezuela#/media/File:Flag_of_Venezuela_(state).svg

In 2021, he also became the first Vice-President in office to visit Iran since the Iranian Revolution and it was in the aftermath of that visit that Arsham Parsi announced that Iran going to proceed towards their denuclearization, to stop sponsoring global terrorism.

Source : https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/us-navy-loves-its-aircraft-carriers-are-they-becoming-obsolete-97737
As President, Marco Rubio will keep our military and our diplomacy strong in order to keep America safe against any threat and to ensure the maintenance of peace through strength and through the preservation of American leadership. In the case of Sergei Polonsky’s election at the presidency of Russia, Marco Rubio will, in the first 100 days of his presidency, hold a summit with Russia in order to normalize our relations with Moscow. He will work with our allies to ratify the Fissile Material Cut-off Treaty to prohibit the use of the use of fissile material for the purpose of building nuclear weapons and to get the world to permanent nuclear security and to strengthen global peace.

Source(s) : https://www.dailypioneer.com/2016/columnists/revitalising-russia-us-relations--trump-factor.html; https://www.iaea.org/newscenter/news/strengthening-nuclear-security

Source : http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2012/04/26/Rubio-Eyes-2016-with-Foreign-Policy-Speech; https://newbostonpost.com/2016/01/08/rubio-campaign-ad-touts-faith-in-iowa/
He is the one candidate in this race ready to lead, ready to be Commander-in-Chief on Day One. A vote for Marco Rubio is a vote for strong security, for leadership and for permanent and long-term global peace so our children and grandchildren can grow up in a world in which they will know peace, security, stability, freedom and prosperity.

Marco Rubio : I'm Marco Rubio and I approve this message.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2019, 09:17:34 PM »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 2

(Own creation)

February 10, 2024
-Campaign in Wyoming, Delaware
-Campaign in Cheswold, Delaware
-Manufacturing policy speech in Cheswold, Delaware
-Campaign in Dover, Delaware
-Health care policy speech in Dover, Delaware
-Foreign policy speech at Dover Air Force Base in Dover, Delaware
-Economic policy speech in Dover, Delaware
-Infrastructure policy speech in Dover, Delaware
-Campaign in Felton, Delaware
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Felton, Delaware
-Social security policy speech in Felton, Delaware
-Campaign in Smyrna, Delaware
-Tax policy speech in Smyrna, Delaware
-Free enterprise policy speech in Smyrna, Delaware
-Education policy speech in Smyrna, Delaware
-Campaign in Ocean View, Delaware
-Campaign in Milford, Delaware
-Flight to Arlington, Virginia
-Campaign in Arlington, Virginia
-Fundraising event in Arlington, Virginia
-Counter-terrorism policy speech at Iwo Jima Memorial in Arlington, Virginia
-Energy policy speech in Arlington, Virginia
-Campaign in Falls Church, Virginia
-Campaign in Alexandria, Virginia
-Small government policy speech in Alexandria, Virginia
-Immigration policy speech in Alexandria, Virginia
-Campaign in Lynchburg, Virginia
-Meet with college voters at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia
-Campaign in Roanoke, Virginia
-Speech in Roanoke, Virginia in response to Breyer's hospitalization :

Source : https://www.westernjournal.com/marco-rubio-introducing-legislation-block-democrats-supreme-court-packing-scheme/
Justice Breyer suffered another heart attack. Even though I disagree with him on so many issues, I wish him and his family the best. Here are my criterias in selecting a Supreme Court Justice nominee if Breyer's seat were to be vacant : as President I will nominate constitutional conservative judges who will defend your Second Amendment rights, protect the life of the unborn, fight for the preservation of freedom of religion and oppose granting constitutional rights to Guantanamo terrorists. That's how we're going to defend your God-given rights as well as our freedom and security.

-Coal policy speech in Roanoke, Virginia
-Campaign in Richmond, Virginia
-Free trade policy speech in Richmond, Virginia

February 11, 2024
-Campaign in New York City, New York
-Economic policy speech in New York City, New York
-Health care policy speech in New York City, New York
-Free enterprise policy speech in New York City, New York
-Fundraising event in New York City, New York
-Campaign in Clay, New York
-Agriculture policy speech in Clay, New York
-Campaign in Cicero, New York
-Manufacturing policy speech in Cicero, New York
-Infrastructure policy speech in Cicero, New York
-Campaign in Camillus, New York
-Campaign in Syracuse, New York
-Trade policy speech in Syracuse, New York
-Veterans policy speech in Syracuse, New York
-Energy policy speech in Syracuse, New York
-Campaign in Rochester, New York
-Border security policy speech in Rochester, New York
-SCOTUS policy speech in Rochester, New York
-Campaign in Buffalo, New York
-Foreign policy speech in Buffalo, New York
-Tax policy speech in Buffalo, New York
-Meet with college voters at the State University of New York in Buffalo, New York
-Counter-terrorism policy speech in Buffalo, New York
-Flight to Minneapolis, Minnesota
-Campaign in Minneapolis, Minnesota
-VP Rubio holds a speech in Minneapolis honoring Brad Raffensperger for his political career and his service for Georgia and for America
-Campaign in Saint Paul, Minnesota
-Manufacturing policy speech in Saint Paul, Minnesota
-Campaign in Rochester, Minnesota
-Campaign in Burlington, Vermont
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Burlington, Vermont
-Gun rights policy speech in Burlington, Vermont
-Campaign in South Burlington, Vermont
-Small government policy speech in South Burlington, Vermont
-Social security policy speech in South Burlington, Vermont
-Campaign in Rutland, Vermont
-Education policy speech in Rutland, Vermont
-Campaign in Montpelier, Vermont
-On social media, Vice-President Rubio gives a statement indicating his support to the proposed 28th amendment, declaring that the bill makes sense as it would allow Senators to serve until the age of 75 and so to serve a few decades if they are elected at an enough young age and would avoid tragic deaths during the Senator's term.

February 12, 2024
-Campaign in Salem, New Hampshire
-Tax cut policy speech in Salem, New Hampshire
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Salem, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Brookline, New Hampshire
-Economic policy speech in Brookline, New Hampshire
-Health care policy speech in Brookline, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Mason, New Hampshire
-Trade policy speech in Mason, New Hampshire
-Social security policy speech in Mason, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Lyndeborough, New Hampshire
-Government spending policy speechy in Lyndeborough, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Mount Vernon, New Hampshire
-Agriculture policy speech at Lamson Farm in Mount Vernon, New Hampshire
-Fundraising event in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Free enterprise policy speech in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Goffstown, New Hampshire
-Meet with college voters at Saint Anselm College in Goffstown, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Eaton, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Wakefield, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Ossipee, New Hampshire
-Town hall meeting with voters in Ossipee, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Conway, New Hampshire
-Infrastructure policy speech in Conway, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Haverhill, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Orford, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Lebanon, New Hampshire
-Fundraising policy speech in Lebanon, New Hampshire
-Agriculture policy speech in Lebanon, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Thornton, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Berlin, New Hampshire
-Social security policy speech in Berlin, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Lancaster, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Dixville, New Hampshire
-Small government policy speech in Dixville, New Hampshire
-SCOTUS policy speech in Dixville, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Hart's Location, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Hooksett, New Hampshire
-Energy policy speech in Hooksett, New Hampshire

February 13, 2024
-Campaign in Newport, New Hampshire
-Tax cut policy speech in Newport, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Claremont, New Hampshire
-Gun rights policy speech in Claremont, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Washington, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Grantham, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Plainfield, New Hampshire
-Agriculture policy speech in Plainfield, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Hinsdale, New Hampshire
-Anti-opioid policy speech in Hinsdale, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Winchester, New Hampshire
-Town hall meeting with voters in Winchester, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Concord, New Hampshire
-Trade policy speech in Concord, New Hampshire
-Campaign in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Economic policy speech in Nashua, New Hampshire
-Foreign policy speech in Manchester, New Hampshire
-Free enterprise policy speech in Manchester, New Hampshire
-GOTV operation all across the state of New Hampshire
-Watch the coverage of the New Hampshire primary at Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester-Bedford Hotel in Manchester, New Hampshire
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2019, 10:53:07 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2019, 10:52:01 PM by UWS »

Vice-President Rubio broadcasts a GOTV Video in support to Stan Lee (R) ahead of the special election in KY-06

Source : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdvWC7AS_mc
Today, the people of Kentucky is going to the polls in order to decide the balance of power in Washington. The survival of the American Dream as well as our country's greatness, prosperity and security will depend on the balance of power as our House majority is now extremely narrow (219-216). The choice is pretty clear : either we keep moving America forward through the maintenance of the House majority under Republican hands in order to keep your taxes low, keep our military strong, keep our borders secured and defend your constitutional rights or we move backwards through a Democratic take-over of the House of Representatives as they are so obsessed in impeaching President Trump and in derailing his agenda that got us to the strongest economy in recent history through tax reform and free enterprise which led us to the lowest unemployment rate in 5 decades and the creation of 6 million new jobs and also resulted to the lowest unemployment rate among Hispanics and African-Americans; gave us the most conservative Supreme Court in the history of this country and ensured the defense of the Second Amendment and the promotion of life; secured our borders through the completion of the Border Wall and the addition of more soldiers protecting the border; kept our country safe through a strong military and bold American leadership and ensured better health care services by repealing Obamacare taxes, by stopping the bailing out of pharmaceutical companies through taxpayers' money in order to strengthen their access to health care and by providing funding to health insurers to stabilize premiums and promote marketplace participation.

These are all values shared by the people of Kentucky's 6th congressional district, but sadly too many politicians are out of step with Kentucky values. The differences between Stan Lee and Pamela Brown couldn't be more clear than this. On taxes, Stan Lee wants to cut your taxes while Pamela Brown wants to raise them. On job-killing regulations, State Senator Lee wants to repeal them while his opponent wants to increase them. On your Second Amendment rights, Stan Lee will defend them while Brown will side with Eric Swalwell and Sherrod Brown to restrict the right to wear a gun and self-defense and even write the Second Amendment out of the Constitution of the United States, which is an extreme position of the radical left. On energy, Stan Lee wants to make sure that America will exploit and take advantage of all of our sources of energy so we can get to energy independence while Pamela Brown wants to increase regulations and taxes on coal, oil and gas, which will kill tens of thousands of American jobs in addition of shipping American jobs as well as American coal plants to China where regulations on coal are lower. Unlike Pamela Brown, Lee is a defender of the life of the unborn.

Stan Lee is a proven fighter of proven leadership. He is a principled, constitutional and fiscal conservative who understands Kentucky values. In the Kentucky State Senate, he voted against raising alcohol and tobacco sales taxes and opposed increasing the wholesale price of gasoline and he's a supporter of the promotion of clean coal technologies. As a defender of the life of the unborn, he voted in favor of requiring an ultrasound 24 hours prior to abortion. As an unapologetic defender of the Second Amendment and the right to self-defense, Stan voted in favor of concealed weapons permit classification and in favor of authorizing constitutional carry. Time after time, he defended your values and will keep doing so in the House of Representatives.

Every single seat counts and so every single vote counts in order to make sure our agenda will successfully pass. That's why we need you to come out at the largest possible number and cast your vote for Stan Lee to keep the House of Representatives under Republican control to keep America moving forward.

Thank you! God bless you, God bless Kentucky and God bless America!
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2019, 11:23:50 PM »

What Ivan Rodriguez did part 1

Ivan campaigned in South Carolina North Carolina and Virginia where he campaigned on the idea of putting in term limits for people in the Congress, Supreme Court and the Senate while talking after his federal budget plan he called the “Pudge Budget” a play his nickname during his playing days in baseball.

He plans 10 major things with his budget ideas.

1.Balence the Budget by the end of the 1st term

2.New regulations shall be reviewed to see if they are good for the country or not

3.Reduce spending on several departments and use that money to invest in Social Security,space and ocean expiration

4.A promise to not cut Medicare Medicaid or Social Security in order to balence the budget.

5.Invest in clean energy and nuclear power energy and find a safe way to use it.

6.Keep the funding to upgrade the border between Mexico and the United States

7.Fight for a balenced budget amendment and create a certain limit to how much the government can spend.

8.Not to raise taxes on lower and middle class families and businesses

9.Make the budget appeal towards bipartisan support between Republicans and Democrats in Congress.

10.Create a budget surplus and massively drive down the debt.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2019, 06:22:52 PM »

Merkley announces support of the Protect Working Families Act

"Right now, there are working mothers forced to return to their jobs without properly raising their child, fathers too. We have families that live in poverty as a matter of daily life. We are the only developed nation on Earth that doesn't provide at least some paid family leave.

I am proud to co-sponsor the Protect Working Families Act, and hope that my fellow Senatoes will see the light and support this as an anti-poverty measure.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2019, 07:01:15 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2019, 07:10:18 PM by GoTfan »

Merkley 2024

February 6-7: Merkley travelled to Kentucky to campaign for Democratic Congressional nominees Jim Glenn and Pamela Brown. A lot of effort was put into canvassing and doorknocking for Brown, who is seen as the best chance for a Democratic pickup, but while Brown received a lot of support from Merkley campaign staffers, the Senator himself focused personal stops in Glenn's district in an effort engineer a dark-horse victory. The AFL-CIO was also mobilised in both districts to campaign for them and for Gerald Bordreaux in Lousiana.

[credit: Wikimedia Commons]

"In 2021, renewable energy overtook coal as our main source of power in this nation. This has lead to emissions cuts in spite of an administration that believes climate change is a myth. The downside is that as a result, Republicans have continually made false promises about bringing back coal jobs.

People of Kentucky, you have been lied to.

But our quarrel is not with you. It is with the mining company owners who will gladly sell their workers downriver to protect themselves. Men like Bob Murray and Don Blankenship, who ignore the needs of their workers if it means a few extra dollars. Our problem is not with the miners who have risked their lives day in, day out.

The Rebuild America Act provides the tools to keep our miners in the workforce by establishing a Transition Fund and a massive retraining program. These miners already have the skills needed to aid our transition to 100% renewable energy, and the more Democrats we can send to Congress, the more supporters we have for it!"

February 8-9: These days were spent campaigning in New Hampshire with Senators Warren and Sanders. Merkley continued to spruik the Rebuild America Act, and also focused on a federal legalisation of marijuana, now part of his campaign. He also stopped by several small businesses in the state, in particular speaking havily on his support for them over the major businesses that had bankrupted the state

February 10-11: Merkley spent these days in the Senate, meeting with Senators and Represenatatives to win support for the Rebuild America Act. He would in particular focus his meetings on Democrats known to be in coal country, selling the act as a jobs bill rather than an environmental one.

February 12: Today was spent in South Carolina, where Merkley attempted to rally support from impoverished neighbourhoods with his infrastructure plan and its priority on creating inner-city jobs. He also announced a plan to gradually demilitarise law enforcement groups that were responsible to the federal government, and convince states to do the same.

"We have police departments that are using surplus military equipment for policing efforts. THis does not send a message of protection. It sends a message of fear. No matter your skin colour, we can all agree that police forces using Armoured Fighting Vehicles more suited to the battlefield than to main street sends a disturbing message that belongs more to the pages of one of Orwell's novels than to America in 2024."

February 13: This day was spent campaigning in Texas, again on both infrastructure and universal healthcare. Merkley was joined by AFL-CIO leaders who continued to build Merkley's support among working class voters of all skin colours. In many ways, Merkley is attemtping to replicate Jess Jackson's 'Rainbow Coalition' of 1988 to show himself as a candidate for everyone.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2019, 12:18:01 AM »

Tammy Duckworth Pre-New Hampshire Schedule

Source

February 6-7th:

Tammy Duckworth shoots a video endorsement of Glenn, Boudreaux, and Brown, highlighting their commitment to the working class, protecting and expanding healthcare, and standing up for democratic values. The campaign will mobilize voters in Kentucky, with headlining rallies by Duckworth from Frankfort to Lexington, ending with a joint rally with Brown in the latter. The Senator will energize supporters by phone banking and canvassing on Brown's behalf, joining campaign workers and volunteers, hoping to replicate the success from the Casper campaign.

February 8th:

Tammy Duckworth will officially introduce the Protect Working Families Act on the Senate floor.

February 9-13th:

The campaign will go all in for New Hampshire, with Senator Duckworth being joined by Senators Maggie Hassan, Jeanne Shaheen, Dan Feltes, Representative Ann Kuster, and Governor Steve Marchand. While the surrogates will mostly campaign in their respective home turfs, Duckworth will hold rallies from Lancaster to Nashua, with headlining events in Franconia, Woodstock, Concord, and Manchester, each joined by one of the campaign's surrogates. The theme of the rallies will be the Protect Working Families Act, raising the minimum wage, and working to reduce gun violence in the country. On primary day, Duckworth will hold a rally in Manchester, highlighting New Hampshire's status as a history maker, and asking voters to again make history by helping to elect the nation's first woman President.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2019, 08:45:09 AM »
« Edited: December 07, 2019, 10:53:34 AM by UWS »

Vice-President Rubio's Interview with Face the Nation's Margaret Brennan

Source : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBtBxifqiI4

Brennan : Ladies and gentlemen, good evening. Tonight we're bringing you our recent interview with Vice-President and frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination Marco Rubio. Mr. Vice-President, thank you for joining us.

Rubio : Thank you, Margaret.

Brennan : Mr. Vice-President, as you know, Justice Stephen Breyer suffered another heart attack, which increases the possibility of a SCOTUS seat vacancy. Who do you have in mind to nominate to the Supreme Court to fulfill Breyer's seat if it were to be vacant?

Rubio : You know, there are a lot of qualified Americans who spent their entire lives defending the freedoms offered by America, including our God-given rights and the Constitution. I believe a decent SCOTUS selection would be people like Amy Coney Barrett, Thomas Hardinan, Ted Cruz, Britt Grant, etc. Barrett has stated that while the government has a legitimate interest in denying gun possession to felons convicted of violent crimes, there is no evidence that denying guns to non-violent felons promotes this interest, and that denying such rights is a violation of the second amendment. And Senator Cruz is one of the harshest defenders of the Constitution I've ever met in my career, on gun rights, on abortion, on free speech and freedom of religion. So I have a decent list of potential SCOTUS picks and under my presiency, we will keep the SCOTUS conservative and guarantee the defense of America's God-given rights.

Brennan : Some of your campaign staff said that your objective in the New Hampshire primary is to reach 60 % of the vote. Why is it significant to you?

Rubio : Well, you know New Hampshire allows Republicans and independents to participate in the New Hampshire Republican primary and if we can win over 60 % of the vote, we're going to clearly prove that I'm the only one in this race who can unite the Republican Party, bring the conservative movement together and appeal among independent voters especially in such toss-up states like New Hampshire who will likely decide the outcome of the 2024 presidential election along with states like Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin, Nevada, Michigan, North Carolina and Pennsylvania. In effect, Richard Nixon won the 1968 New Hampshire primary so big (with 76 % of the vote) and then he easily carried the Granite State by 9 percentage points over Hubert Humphrey and won the whole election. And New Hampshire picks Presidents and that's why we're working hard to win big in New Hampshire in order to demonstrate that I'm the right candidate, based on my experience, accomplishments and qualifications, to lead this party to victory in November and to lead this country to long-term prosperity, security and freedom thanks to the policies of the last 8 years.

Brennan : Mr. Vice-President, as we speak our Middle Eastern allies, especially Syria, Iraq, Iran, Georgia and the Kurds as well as Greece launched Operation Ceasefire against Turkey in order to bring Recep Tayip Erdogan to the negotiating table in the context of the War in Kurdistan. Now the Greeks are close from taking Istanbul and Eastern Turkey is also taken by the Coalition. Here’s the following question, what would you do to handle that situation if you were President of the United States right now?

Rubio : I would be calling for an embargo on Turkish oil because oil represents a major part of Turkey’s economy and by sanctioning it, we’re going to further weaken  the Turkish economy, which will deprive Turkey of any revenues from their oil exports to organize actions that would harm the American people and to state-sponsor terrorist organizations that would use those revenues for their war effort and launch attacks against us and our allies. An embargo on Turkish oil would also weaken their military power not only by depriving them of revenues to fund their armed forces but would also do so because every modern military mostly function through oil. As a result, such a move would further increase our Middle Eastern and European allies’ chances to defeat Turkish troops in Operation Ceasefire, thus getting Erdogan to the negotiating table to settle this terrible and deadly conflict enraging in Kurdistan for a decade now and guarantee the recognition of Kurdistan’s independence. That way, we’re going to finally restore stability, peace and freedom in the Middle East.

Todd : Vice-President Rubio, thank you for joining us and good luck for your campaign.

Rubio : Thank you, Margaret.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #172 on: December 07, 2019, 10:18:13 AM »

Marco Rubio’s surrogate schedule
Vice-President Rubio’s wife, Second Lady of the United States Jeanette Rubio, campaigns for her husband all across New Hampshire, touting his compassionate conservatism and his fighter status, his experience and his determination to defend America’s interests by bringing all Americans together to ensure prosperity, freedom and security for all Americans and describing him as a man of love, determination, strength and courage.

Rubio’s oldest daughter Amanda Rubio spent the week campaigning for her father all across the state of New York on experience, on economics, on opportunity on national security and constitutional rights.

Arizona Senator Martha McSally campaigns for Rubio in Nevada and California on tax reform, free enterprise, national security, foreign policy and border security, describing the Vice-President as the most qualified candidate in this race to keep America safe through a strong and modernized military, strong alliances, strong Homeland Security and strong borders.

South Carolina Governor Eric Bolling campaigns for Rubio all across South Carolina, touting Rubio’s record and leadership on taxes, foreign policy, health care, gun rights and abortion, describing Rubio as the most conservative candidate in the Republican primary race and bashing Ivan Rodriguez on his opposition to the Trump Wall, accusing him of wanting open borders and also called out his support to the legalization of opioids despite the fact that South Carolina is suffering  19.0 per 100,000 overdose deaths in 2016 and praising Rubio’s plan to combat the Opioid Crisis.

Congresswoman Scherie Murray campaigns for Rubio in New York on economy, small government, tax reform, free enterprise, energy, free trade and budget balance.

Florida Lieutenant Governor Jeanette Nunez campaigns for Vice-President Rubio all across the state of Florida on economy, tax reform, foreign policy, border security, agriculture, health care, social security and space exploration.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #173 on: December 07, 2019, 10:51:45 AM »
« Edited: December 07, 2019, 11:03:40 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's response to Jeff Merkley in Frankfort, Kentucky while campaigning for Stan Lee
Source : https://www.celebrityborn.com/biography/marco-rubio/6780
The Democrats claimed that our coal mining jobs are still leaving this country in spite of President Trump's policies. Senator Merkley and his fellow Democrats have proven themselves to be ready to say or do anything to get their colleagues elected to the House as they tried to block policy after policy after policy. As we are creating jobs, defeating terrorism and taking care of our veterans, the Democrats talk about impeaching President Trump and derail our agenda.

Let me correct the Senator's claims on coal : President Trump's policies actually brought back coal mining jobs. According to the investigation of WSAZ-TV, in the last quarter of 2016 under President Obama, there were 15,653 direct coal mining jobs in West Virginia and Kentucky. Then, in the first 2 years of President Trump, there are 17,644, which means an overall 2000 increase of the number of coal mining jobs in that period of time. And because we abolished Obama's War on Coal and their regulations on coal industry and the energy industry, we brought coal mining jobs back to this country and allowed businesses like Arch Coal to develop new mines in Kentucky and West Virginia, which encouraged the addition of tens of thousands of new coal mining jobs. As a result, the number of coal jobs in West Virginia and Kentucky grew at the highest rate under our administration. I'm not the one who says this, it's in WSAZ-TV's words.

And in May 2017 alone, 7000 jobs have been added in the overall coal sector. So the Democrats got it all wrong on coal jobs. And it's their job-killing regulations that will restart shipping coal mining jobs overseas, including to China where regulations on coal are lower. Those policies will also deprive hard-working families of their access to heat as coal is the source of power to 20 million homes. We can't afford to repeat the mistakes of the past. We need to get America to energy independence and that requires taking advantage of all of our sources of energy. And instead of doing so by increasing American taxpayers' fiscal burden like Pamela Brown and Jim Glenn as well as their fellow Democrats running for President are suggesting, we can develop renewable energies through the investment of a part of the revenues from oil drilling and coal digging, thus encouraging both economic growth and an improvement of our ecological footprint at the same time. And that requires keeping Congress under Republican hands in order to pursue the progress of the last 8 years that allowed the strong economy that America is now living and that requires a fiscally responsible conservative favorable to our agenda and that requires electing Stan Lee, Suzanne Miles and Page Cortez to the House of Representatives.

Don't let the Democrats stand in your way and go to the polls on February 7th and fight to secure your future, your freedom and your prosperity.

Thank you. God bless Kentucky and God bless America.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #174 on: December 07, 2019, 04:07:33 PM »

@JeffMerkley: Will tue Vice President continue to ignore the fact that renewable energy has overtaken coal production? What about the fact that Bob Murray filed for bankruptcy in 2019?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies