A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:10:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Nation at Crossroads - A 2024 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 61228 times)
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« on: October 12, 2019, 10:16:11 PM »
« edited: October 12, 2019, 10:34:47 PM by MAGugh »

Source - My Own Creation

The Announcement

Source - WikiMedia Commons

October 30th, 2023 - Hello, New York! I'm glad to be here today, with everyone, at Times Square. We're truly in a historic place, at a historic moment, folks. It's sad to say, but, a lot has to be done to save our country. We're hurt, we really are. But we've never quit. Since Donald Trump was elected in 2016, I've been fighting against his agenda since day one. He might have a building or two here in New York, but, I told myself that I was never gonna let him take over this state. I'm glad to say he didn't. And he never will!

I've served as Governor of New York State since 2011, and together, we've accomplished so much. From the SAFE Act, to marriage equality, to one of the highest minimum wages in the nation, to one of the best college systems in the country - we've made New York the greatest state to live in!

But I gotta say, it's been tempting to jump from New York to national politics. I was recruited to run in 2016, but I passed on it and supported Hillary Clinton. I was recruited to run in 2020, but I passed on it. Unfortunately, our dear Senator Kirsten Gillibrand lost in the primary. But now, folks - it's 2023. It's a new start. A new beginning. I've realized my calling, and after talking with advisors and family, I've made my decision.

It's time that I take my fight to the big stage, the country - and it's time that I run for President of the United States of America! Together, we're gonna take the success that we've had here in New York State, and we're gonna bring it to Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, and all the way to the finish line! Together, we'll take back America!

Primary Campaign Themes -
$15.00/hour Minimum Wage
A Woman's Right to Choose
Gun Safety - Implementing the SAFE Act nationwide
A Return To Humane Immigration/Border Policies

NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 10:29:03 PM »

Source - My Own Creation

Andrew Cuomo November 2023 Campaign Schedule

November 1 - Campaign in Manhattan, NY
November 1 - Campaign in The Bronx, NY
November 2 - Fundraiser in Queens, NY
November 2 - Campaign in Queens, NY
November 3 - Campaign in Buffalo, NY
November 3 - Fundraiser in Rochester, NY
November 4 - Infrastructure Speech in Buffalo, NY
November 4 - Economy Speech in Syracuse, NY
November 5 - Fundraiser in Poughkeepsie, NY
November 7 - Farming Speech in Iowa
November 7 - Fundraiser in Iowa
November 8 - Guns Speech in Iowa
November 9 - Farming Speech in Iowa
November 9 - Economy Speech in New Hampshire
November 10-12 - Governor Duties
November 13 - Campaign in New Hampshire
November 14-19 - Campaign in New Hampshire/Iowa
November 20-25 - Thanksgiving Break
November 26-27 - Governor Duties
November 28-30 - Campaign in South Carolina

NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 08:27:39 PM »

Andrew Cuomo December 2023 Campaign Schedule

December 1 - Campaigning in South Carolina
December 2 - Abortion Speech in New Hampshire
December 4-5 - Governor Duties
December 6 - Farming Speech in Iowa
December 7 - Auto Industry Speech in Michigan
December 8 - Manufacturing Speech in Pennsylvania
December 9 - Media Tour in New York
December 11-13 - Campaigning in New Hampshire
December 14-16 - Campaigning in Iowa
December 18-20 - Campaigning and Fundraisers in Iowa
December 21-22 - Campaigning in New Hampshire
December 23-25 - Christmas Break
December 26-30 - Campaigning in Iowa
December 31 - Fundraisers and New Year's Eve in New York

NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 08:45:46 PM »

Source - My Own Creation

December 9 - Andrew Cuomo on The Rachel Maddow Show

Source - MSNBC

Rachel Maddow - "Tonight, we're joined by New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo. Governor, thank you for joining us. You've decided to jump into the campaign pretty late, but, your first month has gone quite well. How would you say things are going?"

Andrew Cuomo - "Thanks for having me, Rachel. Very well, honestly. We have a lot of great volunteers and a great team, and a strong donor base. We've done so much work in New York State. Gay Marriage, Gun Control, Infrastructure Work, Fighting against this Trump administration...I think it's going to become clear that I'm the best guy for this job."

Rachel Maddow - "What would you say differentiates you from the other few Democrats in the race?"

Andrew Cuomo - "I have critical leadership experience in vital positions. I've spent my entire life serving the people of this country, and I'm ready to be Commander in Chief. We've made so much progress in New York, but, it's time we bring this to the country. And I know that if the DNC nominates me, I'll be the best guy to take down whatever Republican the GOP nominates."

Rachel Maddow - "Good to hear. POLITICO had a report this morning that had many talking - saying that you've started talking to other New York State Democrats about possibly resigning as Governor if your campaign picks up even more. Is this true?"

Andrew Cuomo - "I think it'd be fair to New Yorkers, yes, but let's win Iowa and New Hampshire first. I don't think it'd be fair to be a do-nothing Governor, so, if my campaign is in a spot where we're winning and it looks like we'll be the nominee, I may exit my seat as Governor to focus on the campaign."

Rachel Maddow - "Interesting. One final question - what would you say is the most important issue for you?"

Andrew Cuomo - "A $15.00/hour minimum wage. The workers of this country deserve a living wage, and one that honors their work and everything they do for this country. It's time we get rid of this trickle-down economic mess, and start paying our hardworking Americans more. Regardless of if it's a white-collar or blue-collar job."

Rachel Maddow - "That's all the time we have tonight, thank you for joining us, Governor!"

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies