Who is worse? God or Satan?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:37:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Who is worse? God or Satan?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Who is worse? God or Satan?  (Read 2363 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2019, 02:41:59 PM »

Both.  They’re both just damned souls gliding forever into

Now God on the other hand ☺️ Pretty gosh darned good now dontcha know
un
UnbredBoat348
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -7.30

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2019, 09:58:37 AM »

Considering the fact that I don't think either one exists, I can't say. Tongue
The Roach of Theroachea
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2019, 09:07:25 AM »

God doesn't kill any people either than. In fact if you want to know who kills people; that is humans. We are the ones with the blood of millions on our hands. The fact is that Satan doesn't kill anyone because God prevents him from doing so. God does occasionally strike people down which has been interpreted as killing them but nowhere has it ever shown where he personally killed millions. Even when the scriptures say that god smites someone or strikes them down it implies it is done through natural means. Also, since we are eternal beings, would it not make sense that some people need to be stopped for righteous purposes? Physical death is a temporary separation of body and spirit. Spiritual death is an eternal separation of an individual and God. Spiritual death is far worse than physical death. Satan's objective is to bring to pass the spiritual death of all man and thwart God's purpose of preventing spiritual death.

Before Earth was formed and we came down here to get a body and live this life. There was a great meeting of the hosts of heaven and a plan was made for our mortal probation. God wanted all to receive bodies and choose to return to him. Satan wanted to insure that all of us received a body, returned to God, and wanted the glory for making it happen. Christ wanted to ensure that we received a body, that we had a way to get back to God through our own choices, and offered all of the glory to God. God chose to grant us our liberty by picking Christ's plan. Satan's plan would have enslaved the people of the world. In a jealous rage Satan took a third part of the hosts of heaven and left heaven. At this point all of us chose not to follow Satan, we chose God and Christ's plan. That is why we have a body and the liberty to live our lives as we choose. When you knew God and the plan he had for you, you chose God's plan. Which of Satan's manipulations have you fallen prey to, to cause you to doubt your original choice?

As for your original question; God is good by the very definition, Satan is not good. Even you made that choice if you have your own body and make your own choices as to how to live your life.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2019, 05:45:58 PM »

O cousin of Gregor Samsa, what is the source of your particular take on the conflict between Christ and Satan?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2019, 10:09:08 PM »

God made us good, and Satan tempted us into evil. Nevertheless, God has patiently abided by us and has worked tirelessly that we may be redeemed to be good. I used to be afflicted with spiritual blindness and I failed to see that God is good (indeed the Author of all goodness), but now my eyes are opened to the Glory of the Lord.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2019, 05:48:51 PM »

God made us good, and Satan tempted us into evil. Nevertheless, God has patiently abided by us and has worked tirelessly that we may be redeemed to be good. I used to be afflicted with spiritual blindness and I failed to see that God is good (indeed the Author of all goodness), but now my eyes are opened to the Glory of the Lord.

And just who made Satan?  That's the primary problem I (and many others) have with trying to resolve the issues of theodicy, cosmodicy, and anthropodiciy by blaming everything on Satan.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2019, 11:30:21 PM »

Satan is a metaphor.

I certainly agree with the tenets of Satan:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Temple#Tenets
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2019, 09:42:51 AM »

And just who made Satan?  That's the primary problem I (and many others) have with trying to resolve the issues of theodicy, cosmodicy, and anthropodiciy by blaming everything on Satan.
God; angels can rebel into evil, just as humans can.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2019, 06:57:14 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2019, 02:19:38 PM by True Federalist »

And just who made Satan?  That's the primary problem I (and many others) have with trying to resolve the issues of theodicy, cosmodicy, and anthropodiciy by blaming everything on Satan.
God; angels can rebel into evil, just as humans can.

So of all creation, only God lacks free will and thus is not responsible for what his creations do? Under any reasonably conventional form of Abrahamic theology, God has the knowledge to know what the result of granting us free will be. That he allowed his creations to have it suggest that he either he had no choice but to allow us to have it or that Irenaean theodicy (the existence of evil is necessary for moral development) has some merit to it.  I find neither proposition palatable.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2019, 08:39:38 AM »

There is only 1 God, that is the divine, there is no purgatory, we can call God the Angel of Death, whom chooses how long you will live on this earth. There can be reincarnation. That is the difference between Eastern and Western theology, they East doesnt teach fear in sin, they teach karma, put more positive causes out and you will get rewarded.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies