HB 19-44: Make Peebs Happy Again Act (Voting)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:51:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 19-44: Make Peebs Happy Again Act (Voting)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: HB 19-44: Make Peebs Happy Again Act (Voting)  (Read 984 times)
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2019, 01:39:55 AM »

Nay
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2019, 09:18:56 AM »

Aye
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2019, 03:49:13 PM »

The motion on whether to hold a final vote has passed by a vote of 5-2.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2019, 03:50:33 PM »

A final vote has begun on this bill. Please vote AYE, NAY, or ABSTAIN.

SENATE BILL
A bill to make the life of the Registrar General easier

Be it enacted in both Houses of the Atlasian Congress
Make Peebs Happy Again Act

1. Section 14, point 6 of F.L. 1-9: Federal Election Act shall be amended as follows:

6. Any political party that has a total number of members equal to or greater than five is considered to be an organized political party.

2. This bill shall become enacted immediately after passage
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2019, 05:30:49 PM »

AYE
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2019, 05:33:40 PM »

Nay
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2019, 07:50:07 PM »

I've already visited Congress a few times about this but here I am to beg you again to not proceed with raising the requirement to be an official party.

You don't have to hamper political diversity to change the census presentation. I have suggested other ways to present the census if it is a problem while not changing the status of political parties. Congress didn't even discuss alternative census presentations.

Congress looks determined to erase some parties to have a more compact census. It doesn't seem to care it will remove the fun for some people. A party of three might not be seeking to become a dominant party and is happy being small. They could have their fun, they are visible because they are official. A new party could have more trouble taking off because it will take more time to become official and visible in the census presentation.

Keeping it easier to reach official party status can make the political environment more dynamic. You are not taking away the fun for some. I don't think you should try to lower the number of parties like you are doing.   
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2019, 08:01:30 PM »

NAY
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2019, 09:17:19 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2019, 09:44:34 PM by MB »

Nay
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2019, 11:52:34 PM »

Aye
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.35

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2019, 02:19:08 PM »

Nay
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2019, 02:25:09 PM »

Nay
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2019, 03:23:15 PM »

Aye
Coastal Elitist
Tea Party Hater
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: 2.26

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2019, 05:26:22 PM »

Nay
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2019, 08:59:27 AM »

Not VP but this failed 3-6.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2019, 04:22:09 AM »

Disappointing that Congress rejected this, 5 people is very easy to get, it's not some insurmountable burden. The parties under 5 members aren't even active parties anymore and realistically shouldn't linger on, but based on what Congress decided these zombie parties will linger on.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2019, 02:57:51 PM »

Disappointing that Congress rejected this, 5 people is very easy to get, it's not some insurmountable burden. The parties under 5 members aren't even active parties anymore and realistically shouldn't linger on, but based on what Congress decided these zombie parties will linger on.

Easy to get depends on the persons involved. What I find disappointing is the will to change a long  standing basic rule and make it harder for a niche party, a new party or just small party to be official and visible and let those who are not in a mammoth size party have some fun and offer political diversity. If the problem is formatting the census then look inro that.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2019, 03:56:39 PM »

Easy to get depends on the persons involved. What I find disappointing is the will to change a long  standing basic rule and make it harder for a niche party, a new party or just small party to be official and visible and let those who are not in a mammoth size party have some fun and offer political diversity. If the problem is formatting the census then look inro that.

The Liberal Party is at least 5 now. The 3 parties on the census that have under 5 members are the Montfortians, PUP and the YT Cult. None of these are active parties, none of their members are active participants in the game (if they even vote at all). I think the big change is that the population of the game has increased, so 3 and 5 members have become much smaller as a share of the game and much easier to get. I don't see any point in these parties still being on the census-as I said all parties with fewer than 5 members are 'zombie parties'. Given the Liberals got to 6 members with relative ease, the People's Party got to 7 in a few days, and we have 8 parties that are at or above 5 members, this would not entrench the duopoly at all, but is a perfectly reasonable change.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2019, 07:05:31 PM »

The Liberal Party is at least 5 now. The 3 parties on the census that have under 5 members are the Montfortians, PUP and the YT Cult. None of these are active parties, none of their members are active participants in the game (if they even vote at all). I think the big change is that the population of the game has increased, so 3 and 5 members have become much smaller as a share of the game and much easier to get. I don't see any point in these parties still being on the census-as I said all parties with fewer than 5 members are 'zombie parties'. Given the Liberals got to 6 members with relative ease, the People's Party got to 7 in a few days, and we have 8 parties that are at or above 5 members, this would not entrench the duopoly at all, but is a perfectly reasonable change.
Both the YT Cult and the Montfortians dropped to under 3 this week, and PUP will too as long as Falloutboy doesn’t vote in October. The system is pretty self-regulating.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2019, 11:16:00 PM »

Aye
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length