would democrats accept this 2A compromise (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:35:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  would democrats accept this 2A compromise (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: would democrats accept this 2A compromise  (Read 1502 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 04, 2019, 06:30:38 AM »

This still makes it possible for people in states with stricter gun control laws to travel to states where laws are less strict, purchase higher capacity weapons, and go back home. Unless there's going to be law enforcement checking vehicles at every entry point in every state and also performing rigorous checks of every home for illegal weapons, this isn't much of a compromise.
indeed, Dems won't be happy until only crooks have guns
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 10:47:42 PM »

This still makes it possible for people in states with stricter gun control laws to travel to states where laws are less strict, purchase higher capacity weapons, and go back home. Unless there's going to be law enforcement checking vehicles at every entry point in every state and also performing rigorous checks of every home for illegal weapons, this isn't much of a compromise.
indeed, Dems won't be happy until only crooks have guns

And some people won't be happy until everyone has a gun.
nobody wants everyone to have a gun....well, maybe gun manufacturers (and we shouldn't really care what they think), but certainly not guns rights advocates
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 11:13:02 PM »

Then why do gun nuts oppose ending loopholes in current background checks
how is that "wanting everyone to have a gun"?
or requiring people get a license showing they at least know how to competently handle a gun unless it's because no one should be denied having a gun?
same question

Wanting something to be easier to get/have less regulation doesn't mean you want everyone to have that thing.  I think beer should be easy to get, I don't think everyone should have beer.  I'm sure you can think of some examples of your own.

But I will agree that the NRA cares more about what gun manufacturers want than what gun users want.
indeed, which is why I don't like 'em or trust 'em
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 08:26:44 AM »

Dems are gonna be shocked when gun violence doesnt go down because rifles murders are like 400 per year.
they don't want to have that discussion.  Ghost of Ruin tried to last week, but then gave up on it and went back to insults the second he was challenged.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 06:01:57 AM »

that's not the point of gun control or isn't for me. I don't know if gun control will actually stop mass shootings but that's not the point of supporting them. The point is to say to the patriotard gadsden flag waving F150 driving nimrods that "you're not wanted here. GTFO".
ya know, this says a lot about you.....none of it's good.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies