would democrats accept this 2A compromise (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:49:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  would democrats accept this 2A compromise (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: would democrats accept this 2A compromise  (Read 1525 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« on: September 03, 2019, 01:19:03 AM »

where the law would be clarified that "the right for a law abiding adult to own a handgun in his/her own domicile with easy access (i.e. loaded with safety off on your nightstand) shall not be infringed. Any rights beyond this are subject to the states."

This would in effect mean that a liberal state (such as NY) would have the right to only allow one handgun per person and that all rifles could only be used at state-owned ranges. A more gun friendly state (like Montana) could allow open carries of AKs. I would like to think this would be an "everyone wins" situation. But I feel the left would be too stupid to accept this hypothetical compromise.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 06:13:44 PM »

This still makes it possible for people in states with stricter gun control laws to travel to states where laws are less strict, purchase higher capacity weapons, and go back home. Unless there's going to be law enforcement checking vehicles at every entry point in every state and also performing rigorous checks of every home for illegal weapons, this isn't much of a compromise.

that's not the point of gun control or isn't for me. I don't know if gun control will actually stop mass shootings but that's not the point of supporting them. The point is to say to the patriotard gadsden flag waving F150 driving nimrods that "you're not wanted here. GTFO".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies