Pearl Harbor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:10:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Pearl Harbor
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pearl Harbor  (Read 2677 times)
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 07, 2005, 10:09:45 AM »

December 7, 1941

exactly 64 years ago
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 11:45:04 AM »

May the souls of people who died rest in peace.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 11:57:09 AM »

It could so eaily had been avioded had those in  power simply headed the inteligence warning they had been given since 1939.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 12:54:19 PM »

A salute to all World War II veterans, living and dead.  Thank you so much for defending our country and its principles against the menace of fascism. 
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 01:08:45 PM »

A salute to all World War II veterans, living and dead.  Thank you so much for defending our country and its principles against the menace of fascism. 
*knocks on head* HELLO! HELLOOOO ANYBODY HOME???
This was on the PACIFIC!!! It originally had no ties to the European conflict (al least in US perspective) so there was no fascism involved
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 01:13:54 PM »

This was on the PACIFIC!!! It originally had no ties to the European conflict (al least in US perspective) so there was no fascism involved

I'm going to repeat my response to something you said before....

You're an idiot.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 03:53:09 PM »

Mexican schools must really suck.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 04:05:42 PM »

Contradiction.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 04:22:03 PM »

Forgive me, but I meant Mexican "schools".
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 11:55:29 PM »

December 7th, 1941, a day that will live in infamy....
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 11:57:26 PM »

Please go f**k yourself on a cactus.  Thank You.
Everett
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 11:59:14 PM »

WTF?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 12:15:44 AM »

"Members of Congress, Mr. Speaker, the Vice President,

"Yesterday, December 7, 1941, a date that will live in infamy, the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.  The United States was at peace with that nation, and, in consultation with the Japanese Emperor, was looking towards the maintenance of peace in the Pacific.  Indeed, one hour after Japanese forces began their attack at Oahu, the Secretary of State received from the Japanese ambassador a formal reply to a recent communication, and while this reply stated that it seemed useless to continue existing diplomatic negotiations, it contained no hint or threat of war or armed attack."

Recited from memory, in case there are any errors (as I know there likely are).  In a History 12 class, one project we did is to have each student memorize a speech from history and then recite it to their classmates.  I picked FDR's speech on the day after Pearl Harbor, so needless to say, I know the speech pretty well. Smiley
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2005, 12:34:24 AM »

I remember my dad telling me about the U.S.S. Arizona, and that oil was still leaking out of the fuel tanks and coming to the surface. When I visited the Arizona Memorial, that was still happening. I thought that was a little erie.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2005, 10:50:57 AM »

"Yesterday, December 7, 1941, a date that will live in infamy, the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.  The United States was at peace with that nation, and, in consultation with the Japanese Emperor, was looking towards the maintenance of peace in the Pacific.  Indeed, one hour after Japanese forces began their attack at Oahu, the Secretary of State received from the Japanese ambassador a formal reply to a recent communication, and while this reply stated that it seemed useless to continue existing diplomatic negotiations, it contained no hint or threat of war or armed attack."

Recited from memory, in case there are any errors (as I know there likely are).  In a History 12 class, one project we did is to have each student memorize a speech from history and then recite it to their classmates.  I picked FDR's speech on the day after Pearl Harbor, so needless to say, I know the speech pretty well. Smiley

Nice job there! Have you ever memorize a speech by Hitler! He was THE best speaker ever. I admire him for that. He had the ability to draw huge crowds, and intimidate his opponents.

FDR was just a scrawny old weakling in a wheelchair.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2005, 11:29:26 AM »

Nice job there! Have you ever memorize a speech by Hitler! He was THE best speaker ever. I admire him for that. He had the ability to draw huge crowds, and intimidate his opponents.

You're an idiot, just like your whole population in that hellhole of a country or yours. -_-
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2005, 01:54:46 PM »

You disgust me.  Go back to Mexico and light another joint.  You're obviously high right now.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2005, 02:00:21 PM »

Hitler was a poor speaker really as anyone who has done public speaking will know Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »

Hitler was a poor speaker really as anyone who has done public speaking will know Smiley

Yeah, that's why he drew millions to his cause, right?
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 11:30:51 PM »

No, he seriously was a talented speaker.  But it wasn't just oratory that drew people to his cause.  There is also the factor of propaganda, and lots of it.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2005, 01:15:13 AM »

No, he seriously was a talented speaker.  But it wasn't just oratory that drew people to his cause.  There is also the factor of propaganda, and lots of it.

I found Hitler's speech style to be quite interesting.  He always would start off really, really quietly, and get progessively more angry-sounding throughout the speech until he was literally yelling at the top of his lungs by the end of the speech.  It had quite a way of drawing the crowd into what he was saying.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2005, 04:49:25 AM »

And you're just a scrawny little girl with glasses.
Bugs

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2005, 05:23:22 PM »

Hitler was quite a talented speaker, and that had its impact on the people and their attraction to Nazism.   But anyone who thinks that makes him a good man, a good politician or a good anything else would probably get sucked into an equally harmful ideology today.  There are plenty of them out there, just waiting for a good speaker to come along.  George W is a mediocre speaker at best, but that doesn't make him a lousy president. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies