Second Official Atlas Republican Primary:VOTING CLOSED (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:14:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Voting Booth (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Second Official Atlas Republican Primary:VOTING CLOSED (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Second Official Atlas Republican Primary:VOTING CLOSED  (Read 21433 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« on: January 09, 2004, 07:17:51 PM »
« edited: January 09, 2004, 07:28:48 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

A witty and constructive argument there.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 07:21:03 PM »

Remember the agreement you had with your therapist that you wouldn't do this?
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2004, 06:41:53 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2004, 06:42:30 PM by Michael Zeigermann »

Exactly, Miamiu. Spelling flames are usually the lowest kind of flame: don't attack the argument, but the person making the argument. Easy, plus it avoids the original accusation that PD is being a hypocrite by being a foul-mouthed Christian.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 06:46:11 PM »

Exactly, Miamiu. Spelling flames are usually the lowest kind of flame: don't attack the argument, but the person making the argument. Easy, plus it avoids the original accusation that PD is being a hypocrite by being a foul-mouthed Christian.
Weren't you a Michigan earlier. Why do people keep changing where they're from?

You're probably confusing me with Christopher Michael, he's from Michigan.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 07:11:35 PM »

Weren't you a Michigan earlier. Why do people keep changing where they're from?
What does that have to do with anything?
It's just annoying that people do that. At least to me. I probably shouldn't have said anything. Know I'm gonna be accused of being  a Nazi for ever asking the question. Then I'll be a KKK member because it annoys me. Never mind.

I know you're being sarcastic, but it's still a serious point you're making, so I'll address it. No-one's gonna object to your posts if you are not being rude to anyone in person. People don't mind you supporting Pat Robertson's views, that is your right as an individual. However, people will, for example, object to you telling Gustaf that his culture will go down in flames and that his "time will come", because that is directly offensive against another member of this forum. I mean, how you would feel if somebody said this sort of thing about your culture? You'd be pissed off, and rightly so.

Generally, if you're bothered about whether one of your posts will cause offense you should simply think twice before sending it. Maybe read it to yourself before clicking the Post icon, and ask yourself how others will respond to it.

It's not really your beliefs that upset some people here, but simply the way you express them. Jmfcst, another user here, is just as conservative as you are, but he expresses his views in a calm and collected manner and has consequently collected the respect of all the members here. In other words, it's not what you say but how you say it. Just try and be a little less direct in how you say things. I don't mean to lecture you, but I do think it'll make life easier for you and everyone else in this forum.

Just my 2 cents though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies