Potential Alt History Game for the future - Vote Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:37:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Potential Alt History Game for the future - Vote Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Game Choice
The March of Empire
The Victor's Realm
The Spring of Republicanism
For Want of the Metaurus River
Fate Spins its Web
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Potential Alt History Game for the future - Vote Thread  (Read 497 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 06, 2019, 12:50:16 PM »

Once I finish one or both election games, I'll probably attempt an alt history game. The five Scenarios I present have events that happened differently from our own timeline and a person will play in those events.

This Poll will close on Thursday, September 12th.Be sure to vote for the ideas you like best.

The March of Empire : In 1196, Henry VI Hohenstaufen was able to get his Erbreichsplan successfully passed with an agreement to create a Parliament of the nobility and other rulers of the Empires, who would all become dukes, called the Kaiserliche Versammlung (Imperial Assembly) that would act as a check on the Emperor. In 1210, his heir, Frederick would wed the Princess Joan of England and would give birth to a son in 1212 by the name of Alexander. Henry VI would die in 1228 at the age of 63 and he would be succeeded by Frederick who ruled until 1251. From there forward, Alexander would reign as Alexander I of the HRE and the French were successfully able to get him to become the next King of England as well in return for receiving Brittany. Alexander would fight several wars against France and reclaim Brittany and several other lost pieces of the old Angevin Empire in France. In 1230, he would wed Princess Berengaria of Castile-Leon, giving birth to their son Albert in 1231. Albert would become King Alberto I of Castile-Leon at the age of 24 in 1275 after most of the royal family died battling Muslims and then he would succeed his father as Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire and King of England in 1281.

The game starts in 1290. Nine years Prior, the Triple Crown Empire of the Holy Roman Empire, Castile-Leon, and England was formed, becoming a massive power in Europe. However, enemies of the Empire are everywhere, from the North, the Swedes and Danes look to weaken and take pieces of the empire's northern holdings for themselves, in the South, the Pope looks to find anyway possible to maintain the weakness of the Powerful state and maintain his own supremacy, in the East, the Golden Horde, while weakened, still remain a vast threat that could wreak havoc if unchecked, and finally, France and Scotland look to end old grudges by causing the collapse of the empire fully.

In this new europe, a question stands above all others : Can the Empire survive or will it fade into the footnotes of history like so many other empires?

The Victor's Realm : In 281 BC, Megas Basileus Seleucus I Nicator of the Seleucid Empire survived an assassination attempt and became King of Macedon, leaving his asiatic holdings to his son Antiochus I Soter, who would later succeed him as the King of Macedon in 278 BC. The game begins in the year 275 BC, with the Empire of Alexander almost fully restored by the Seleucids but threats are all around, from the east, west, north, and south.,especially against the Ptolemies of Egypt, who claim they, not the Seleucids, are the true successors to Alexander. In this game, the question is when the empire unites, but if it unites at all?

The Spring of Republicanism : The French Revolution spirals out of control, with a large pro-Bourbon faction in the West, and revolting Nobles in the South looking to place themselves on the vacant throne of France, the Republic's government is now worried that all could be lost. Meanwhile, Iberia, Germany, and Italy battle Republican movements looking to abolish the clergy and monarchy in favor of a democracy all across the continent. The Year is 1796 and all hell is breaking loose in Europe. With so much chaos, which will come out on top? The old ideas of Monarchy or the new idea called 'Democracy'.

For Want of the Metaurus River : In 207 BC, Hasdrubal Barca was able to avoid Roman forces and meet up with his brother Hannibal. Together, the two would besiege and destroy Rome in Late 205 BC. Now, a Decade Later, after the End of what many call the Second Latin War, the state of Nova Roma in Iberia threatens Carthaginian Supremacy in the Western Mediterranean while in the East, the Diadochi bicker and fight amongst themselves like usual. In a world where Rome was vanquished, who will come to rule the Mediterranean now?

Fates Spins its Web : In 333 BC, the King of Macedon, Alexander III, was killed by the lucky strike of a Persian soldier. Due to this, the War with Persia ends with Macedon receiving all conquered territories and Syria while the Persians would continue to hold the rest of the Empire. in 331, however, the Egyptians revolted and now battle the persian to put their own on the throne and in Judea, out of fear of Greek or Egyptian rule, the Jews are planning to declare their own state, looking to become the masters of their own destiny. Throughout the world, fate still spins the web of the lives of men and kingdoms. Will your Kingdom be the next to fall to fate or will fate reward you in this Alexanderless world? Game starts in 330 BC.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 06:24:01 PM »

Fate Spins Its Web - if we did this, which I do prefer/voted for, I would wish to reserve Hephaestion as the Macedonian King.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 12:15:30 PM »

Alright, so looks like Spring of Republicanism has been chosen. I'll probably start the planning phase soon. If my 2004 game isn't updated by Wednesday, that means I'm focusing on SoR more than it and it's cancelled. I'll need some help to come up with potential manpower pools,maps, navies, governments, and the like, so a co-host of the game would be extremely helpful. Seeing as I can't do a map as well, help with that will probably be needed.

I've created a Discord server for the game, so if you want to join, here it is : https://discord.gg/5Qnrknb
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies