Winfield for President..........Concession
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:49:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Winfield for President..........Concession
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Winfield for President..........Concession  (Read 5059 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 06, 2019, 03:04:43 PM »
« edited: October 21, 2019, 02:33:35 PM by Lincoln Republican »

Former Northeast Governor Winfield addresses the people of Atlasia.

My fellow Atlasians, I come before you this day to announce that I am running for President of the Republic of Atlasia.

For far too long guns in this nation have been far too easy to obtain and have been used to murder far too many of our people, children, youths, adults.

As President, I will institute a policy of very through and intensive background checks.  Any supplier failing to use these checks will face severe penalties and consequences.

No citizen of Atlasia will be allowed to own or use rapid fire, high powered guns.

The only ones who will be allowed to use rapid fire, high powered guns will be police and military, and any others deemed to require these weapons in the completion of their duties.

No private citizens will be allowed to carry concealed guns.

There will be instituted a time frame for Atlasians to turn over any weapons not allowed under the new legislation.  

Where necessary, search and seizure will be carried out and any illegal weapons found will be confiscated.

My fellow Atlasians, I ask you, nay, I implore you, to join me in making Atlasia a secure place, a place where our people can feel safe.

From the rugged coasts of the Atlantic to the foam crested coasts of the Pacific, from the southern boarder of Canada to the northern boarder of Mexico, from the majestic mountains of the west to the rich red earth of the south, from the golden corn fields of the midwest to the bustling industry of the northeast, we, as a safe and secure nation, shall shout with one accord,

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK GOD ALMIGHTY WE'RE FREE AT LAST!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 03:25:47 PM »

If elected what would you do with the secessionists?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 04:36:05 PM »

Endorsed!

Time to win with Winfield!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 05:34:19 PM »

If elected what would you do with the secessionists?

I simply cannot imagine that there would be any secessionists with me as President. Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 05:36:30 PM »

Endorsed!

Time to win with Winfield!

Thank you my friend.  As my first endorsement in this coming election, this means a great deal.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 07:29:34 PM »

Love this platform. I hope the major party tickets take your lead and support meaningful gun control legislation. Thank you for your bravery, I’m sure you’ll get a lot of criticism for this!
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 07:43:37 PM »

WINWITH
WINFIELD
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 08:15:54 PM »

I thought a Winfield was bad for your health.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 08:54:01 PM »

Honored to be joining this ticket! It's time to defeat the corrupt political class!
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2019, 05:43:08 PM »

Endorsed!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 06:13:38 PM »

I approve of this candidate's taking no nonsense from the gun nuts.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2019, 03:02:07 PM »

Love this platform. I hope the major party tickets take your lead and support meaningful gun control legislation. Thank you for your bravery, I’m sure you’ll get a lot of criticism for this!

Thank you.

I shall fight the good fight for the sake of our citizens.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2019, 03:03:33 PM »

Thank you so much,
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2019, 03:06:32 PM »

My brand of "Winfield" will save lives, no doubt about it. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2019, 03:14:06 PM »

Honored to be joining this ticket! It's time to defeat the corrupt political class!

I am absolutely honored and delighted to have Dwarven Dragon as my running mate.

He is a proven leader and a talented legislator.

Together we shall carry through with this crusade in behalf of the people of Atlasia.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2019, 03:42:50 PM »

I approve of this candidate's taking no nonsense from the gun nuts.

You got it.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2019, 11:58:50 PM »

WINWITH
WINFIELD &
WINFRIC
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 10:16:20 AM »

I would like to acknowledge and thank El Bayames for making this magnificent campaign banner.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2019, 10:40:01 AM »

Thank you very much.  Greatly appreciated.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2019, 02:28:39 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2019, 03:23:46 PM by Lincoln Republican »

My fellow Atlasians

I will be an advocate for the elimination of private prisons.

Private prisons will be phased out under my administration, and turned over to the national prison system.

There are simply too many disadvantages to private prisons, in particularly the corruption that occurs.  Private prisons are in the business of housing prisoners in order to maximize profits.  The more inmates they have the more money they make.  This leads to excessive terms being imposed in order to make more money for prisoner placement.  Bribery of judges can also take place so they will in fact impose longer sentences.    

Prisoners tend to serve longer sentences in private prisons.

Studies have shown that prisoners who are being held in private prisons may serve sentences that are up to 7% longer than prisoners who are in public prisons.

Many private prisons do not house costly prisoners.

Many private prisons are given the opportunity to pick and choose which prisoners they house. High-risk prisoners tend to be costlier to supervise.

Private prisons can leave communities with costly facilities that are empty.

Private prisons are operated on a contractual basis. The community is often responsible for the facility, while the private prison is responsible for filling the beds.

Private prisons tend to be more violent because of low staffing levels.

Private prisons see up to 50% more violence when compared to public prisons with regards to inmate-on-officer assaults.

Prisoners can be thousands of miles away from their family.

Prisoner exchange programs can cause inmate transfers that may be hundreds, if not thousands, of miles away from their family.

It creates the foundation for corruption.

Because prisoners are required for a private prison to be profitable, their budgets are never 100% certain.

There may be zero cost-savings advantages.

Comparisons of private vs public prisons that are of similar size and house similar inmates show that both systems face similar cost-per-day rates.

Because prisoners are required for a private prison to be profitable, their budgets are never 100% certain. To solve this problem, there are several instances of corporations working with local systems of justice to extend sentences to longer lengths or charge with higher-level crimes for longer sentences.

Many corporations, such as private prisons, have a reputation of focusing on profits over purpose, which can create numerous hardships.

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 02:57:05 PM »

My fellow Atlasians

Private prisons will be phased out under my administration, and turned over to the national prison system.

There are simply too many disadvantages to private prisons, in particularly the corruption that occurs.  Private prisons are in the business of housing prisoners in order to maximize profits.  The more inmates they have the more money they make.  This leads to excessive terms being imposed in order to make more money for prisoner placement.  Bribery of judges can also take place so they will in fact impose longer sentences.    

Studies have shown that prisoners who are being held in private prisons may serve sentences that are up to 7% longer than prisoners who are in public prisons.

Many private prisons are given the opportunity to pick and choose which prisoners they house. High-risk prisoners tend to be costlier to supervise.

Private prisons are operated on a contractual basis. The community is often responsible for the facility, while the private prison is responsible for filling the beds.

Private prisons see up to 50% more violence when compared to public prisons with regards to inmate-on-officer assaults.

Prisoner exchange programs can cause inmate transfers that may be hundreds, if not thousands, of miles away from their family.

Because prisoners are required for a private prison to be profitable, their budgets are never 100% certain.

Comparisons of private vs public prisons that are of similar size and house similar inmates show that both systems face similar cost-per-day rates.

Because prisoners are required for a private prison to be profitable, their budgets are never 100% certain. To solve this problem, there are several instances of corporations working with local systems of justice to extend sentences to longer lengths or charge with higher-level crimes for longer sentences.

Unfortunately, many corporations, such as private prisons, have a reputation of focusing on profits over purpose, which can create numerous hardships.

Who still has private prisons in Atlasia? I think the feds and all 3 Regions have phased them out.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2019, 03:27:11 PM »

Just in case.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2019, 12:23:56 PM »

My fellow Atlasians

Many corporations, such as private prisons, have a reputation of focusing on profits over purpose, which can create numerous hardships.

Will you be making any attempts to reduce the vast amount of influence prison unions have?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2019, 03:00:04 PM »

I would prefer to see an equitable balance between the prison unions and the public interest.  So if this issue has not been addressed already, then it should be. 
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2019, 11:59:56 AM »
« Edited: September 13, 2019, 10:21:20 AM by Lincoln Republican »

I support a total and all encompassing ban on e-cigarettes, vaping, throughout Atlasia.

Vaping lowers the body's ability to fight infections

Chemicals in vape smoke can cause bronchiolitiso obliterans (popcorn lung)

Lithium-powered vapes can blow up

The levels of nicotine are loosely monitored

Accidental ingestion of vape liquid is poisonous

Metal particles are found in vape smoke

Vapes also contain formaldehyde, or embalming fluid

Pneumonia is a risk for vape users

E-ciagarettes usage is linked to depression

Some safety studies on e-cigarettes are written by e-cigarettes industry funded scientists

Adam Hergenreder's vaping habit almost killed him.

Late last month, the 18-year-old student athlete in Gurnee, Illinois, was hospitalized after using e-cigarettes for more than a year and a half. Now his lungs are similar to those of a 70-year-old adult, doctors told him.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/vaping-related-illness-leaves-teen-with-lungs-like-a-70-year-olds/ar-AAHcmQt?li=AAggNb9

Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies