Winfield for President..........Concession
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:24:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Winfield for President..........Concession
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Winfield for President..........Concession  (Read 5054 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2019, 11:40:35 AM »
« edited: September 14, 2019, 09:29:08 PM by Lincoln Republican »

My fellow Atlasians, I come before you this day to announce that I am running for President of the Republic of Atlasia.

For far too long guns in this nation have been far too easy to obtain and have been used to murder far too many of our people, children, youths, adults.

As President, I will institute a policy of very through and intensive background checks.  Any supplier failing to use these checks will face severe penalties and consequences.

No citizen of Atlasia will be allowed to own or use rapid fire, high powered guns.

The only ones who will be allowed to use rapid fire, high powered guns will be police and military, and any others deemed to require these weapons in the completion of their duties.

No private citizens will be allowed to carry concealed guns.

There will be instituted a time frame for Atlasians to turn over any weapons not allowed under the new legislation.  

Where necessary, search and seizure will be carried out and any illegal weapons found will be confiscated.

My fellow Atlasians, I ask you, nay, I implore you, to join me in making Atlasia a secure place, a place where our people can feel safe.

From the rugged coasts of the Atlantic to the foam crested coasts of the Pacific, from the southern boarder of Canada to the northern boarder of Mexico, from the majestic mountains of the west to the rich red earth of the south, from the golden corn fields of the midwest to the bustling industry of the northeast, we, as a safe and secure nation, shall shout with one accord,

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK GOD ALMIGHTY WE'RE FREE AT LAST!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/beto-orourke-on-his-gun-confiscation-plan-no-its-not-voluntary-its-mandatory

Beto O'Rourke and I must be on the same wave length.

September 6 I announce my gun control policy and September 12 Beto introduces a very similar gun control policy, so I can only conclude that he read my policy and adopted it.  Wink
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2019, 12:42:53 PM »

"Hell yes we're going to take your AR-15" -Winfield
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2019, 09:03:06 PM »

1776 will commence again!

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2019, 03:30:49 PM »

What is your opinion of gun licensing? (where you need a license to own a gun).

Lincoln briefly passed a gun licensing scheme in 2018, which was repealed in 2019 and efforts to reinstate it were very narrowly defeated in a referendum. Would you support any similar efforts at the federal level?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2019, 03:52:15 PM »

What is your opinion of gun licensing? (where you need a license to own a gun).

Lincoln briefly passed a gun licensing scheme in 2018, which was repealed in 2019 and efforts to reinstate it were very narrowly defeated in a referendum. Would you support any similar efforts at the federal level?

Thank you for your question.

I absolutely am in favor of a law that would require anyone who owns a gun or guns to have a
license in order to own such gun or guns.

You need a license to own a car, which can potentially be considered to be a lethal weapon,  so there is nothing wrong with being required to have a license in order to own another lethal weapon, that is, a gun.

A license would of course be in addition to gun registration.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2019, 06:10:49 PM »

We can talk turkey on prison reform. Guns and how you want to deny conceal carry among other anti-second amendment positions I can’t support in good conscience.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2019, 07:19:52 PM »

We can talk turkey on prison reform. Guns and how you want to deny conceal carry among other anti-second amendment positions I can’t support in good conscience.

Thank you for your input.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2019, 07:45:14 PM »

After consultation with the top of the ticket, I am releasing two additional platform planks for this campaign:

Pro-Life: We applaud each of the regions for enacting at least a 24 week ban on this draconian practice, but lament the lack of federal action to extra-secure these regional measures. If elected, we will pursue at least a federal 15 week ban on this ending of innocent human life.

Opposition to Single-Payer Health Care: We believe DoofCare has created an optimal situation in Atlasia, providing a happy medium between government assistance and preserving the free market dynamic. We would be opposed to expansions of DoofCare that would further erode this free market dynamic.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2019, 08:03:43 AM »

Are you secretly Obama?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2019, 12:18:14 AM »

After consultation with the top of the ticket, I am releasing two additional platform planks for this campaign:

Pro-Life: We applaud each of the regions for enacting at least a 24 week ban on this draconian practice, but lament the lack of federal action to extra-secure these regional measures. If elected, we will pursue at least a federal 15 week ban on this ending of innocent human life.

Opposition to Single-Payer Health Care: We believe DoofCare has created an optimal situation in Atlasia, providing a happy medium between government assistance and preserving the free market dynamic. We would be opposed to expansions of DoofCare that would further erode this free market dynamic.

I think we've finally broken Wulfric's left-wing persona.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2019, 12:20:46 AM »
« Edited: October 05, 2019, 12:29:22 AM by Pragmatic Conservative »

Can you please take your time to answer the below questions

If elected how would you approach the day to day operations of the Presidency? What would your governing style be?

Do you believe corporations have an ethical mandate regardless of government actions to keep prices affordable (you can define this as you wish)? Regardless of your answer should government ever get involved in decisions of what companies charge for a product of service?

What role do you believe personal behaviours should play in the determination of a persons fitness to become President?

Do you consider terms such as redskins in regards of a sports teams name racist? How about things such as the tomahawk jock done by some teams as racist? Should teams be allowed to be involved in these practices?

What do you believe are the major forces behind poverty? Is poverty inevitable or can it be eliminated? Should government do anything to solve it? If so what steps should they take to solve poverty?

What do you define as hate speech? Do people have the right to say whatever they want? What if anything should government, society and other individuals do to prevent, respond to and or combat hate speech?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2019, 09:12:05 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2019, 06:49:40 PM by Lincoln Republican »

[

Former Northeast Governor and now Presidential candidate Winfield speaks to an overflow raucous crowd in Michigan as part of his nationwide whistle stop campaign

Vote for me and I'll keep you safe

My priority is you the people, not the big party and big money interests
I will never let you down

Deafening cheering and clapping from the gigantic crowd
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2019, 09:45:31 PM »

Not only gigantic crowd, gigantic letters!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2019, 10:10:00 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2019, 10:07:06 AM by Lincoln Republican »

Can you please take your time to answer the below questions

Pragmatic Conservative

Thank you for your questions.  I can see you have put a great deal of thought into them.

If elected how would you approach the day to day operations of the Presidency? What would your governing style be?

I am a pragmatist and a realist.  I would tend to prioritize the issues and I would act in the best interests of Alasians.

Do you believe corporations have an ethical mandate regardless of government actions to keep prices affordable (you can define this as you wish)? Regardless of your answer should government ever get involved in decisions of what companies charge for a product of service?

Of course prices for consumers should remain or be made reasonable.  I would fight for the consumer, not the multinationals.  At the same time, however, we must ensure that corporations have an environment in which they can make a profit, but not an unreasonable one.  For example, pharmaceutical companies should not be allowed to profit unreasonably by gouging the public for necessary drugs.

What role do you believe personal behaviours should play in the determination of a persons fitness to become President?

As long as one meets the requirements necessary to run for President that individual should be allowed to run for President,

Do you consider terms such as redskins in regards of a sports teams name racist? How about things such as the tomahawk jock done by some teams as racist? Should teams be allowed to be involved in these practices?

Personally, I do not approve of these behaviors, and I do not believe they should be used.  Some would consider them racist, some would consider them cultural, meaning they have been part of the cultural of the game for generations.

What do you believe are the major forces behind poverty? Is poverty inevitable or can it be eliminated? Should government do anything to solve it? If so what steps should they take to solve poverty?

Poverty is a scourge on mankind, no doubt.  In most cases, the cycle runs from one generation to the next.  The most effective tool to combat poverty is education.  Of course the government has a responsibility, in my view a major responsibility, in combating poverty.  If you are talking about poverty in Atlasia, there should be thoughtful and well laid out strategies by governments to stem the tide of Atlasia.  Poverty in underdeveloped countries is quite another thing altogether.  It breaks my heart to see babies and young children in these countries going without food and clean water.  In this type of poverty, it is a world responsibility to ensure aid gets sent and to ensure this aid gets to where it is supposed to get.

What do you define as hate speech? Do people have the right to say whatever they want? What if anything should government, society and other individuals do to prevent, respond to and or combat hate speech?

Hate speech is a direct verbal attack against any particular group, race, religion, orientation etc.
As far as I am concerned, nobody has the right to say anything they want if it targets any certain particular group etc.   Hate speech should be considered to be a crime punishable by law.  The public should as to what hate speech is be educated

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2019, 10:18:08 PM »

Not only gigantic crowd, gigantic letters!

Easier to get noticed that way. Smiley
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2019, 10:39:53 PM »

Endorsed for a high preferences, but not first (probably second or third)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2019, 12:27:17 PM »

I know it is early in the voting, but, as the Silent Majority is not rallying to my candidacy, I am prepared at this time to concede the Presidential election to my friends, President Griffin and Vice President Pericles.

To President Griffin and  Vice President Pericles, I wish you well, and best  wishes for a successful second term.

P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2019, 10:49:19 PM »

Thanks for fighting the good fight!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2019, 11:10:28 PM »

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2019, 11:56:43 AM »

Thank you.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2019, 11:57:57 AM »

Thank you.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2019, 12:40:06 AM »

You ran a good campaign and I admire you putting yourself and your positions forward, I hope you continue to contribute to the game. Thank you for your support, and I will do my very best to serve you in the four months ahead if we are re-elected (it is looking good so far, but better not take it for granted).
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2019, 03:45:23 PM »

You ran a good campaign and I admire you putting yourself and your positions forward, I hope you continue to contribute to the game. Thank you for your support, and I will do my very best to serve you in the four months ahead if we are re-elected (it is looking good so far, but better not take it for granted).

Thank you.

Much appreciated.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2019, 07:01:19 AM »

Consolations on your extermination.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2019, 02:58:45 PM »

Thank you to all who supported me.

Thank you to all who ran in this election, for giving the voters a choice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies