Antonio Brown accused of rape
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:11:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Antonio Brown accused of rape
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Antonio Brown accused of rape  (Read 738 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 10, 2019, 09:39:33 PM »

The talented wide receiver who was acquired by the New England Patriots last weekend is now accused of rape.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27589799/antonio-brown-accused-rape-civil-lawsuit
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 10:53:01 PM »

Luckily, he has an impeccable character witness

Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 07:11:50 AM »

Sad demise of my former favorite player in the NFL. Wouldn't be surprised if he never plays another down.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 07:42:13 AM »

How dare this woman wait until Antonio was at the pinnacle of destroying his own reputation before coming out with this?!/s
Omega21

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 08:32:46 AM »
« Edited: September 11, 2019, 08:36:26 AM by Omega21 »

So he allegedly does these things months apart and she continues going back to his house...?

And after she was "raped" she definitely didn't think to go to a clinic to get checked out and gather evidence against him.

No evidence, not guilty, case closed.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 08:56:37 AM »

So he allegedly does these things months apart and she continues going back to his house...?

And after she was "raped" she definitely didn't think to go to a clinic to get checked out and gather evidence against him.

Sound logic here, how are you not a prosecutor? In fact, you seem to be such an expert on psychology as well, you might as well be, like, The King of Prosecutors. Any sexual assault case must go before you first to determine, just based on what the media reports on the case, if the woman is lying or not. Congratulations!
Omega21

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 09:34:32 AM »

Sound logic here, how are you not a prosecutor? In fact, you seem to be such an expert on psychology as well, you might as well be, like, The King of Prosecutors. Any sexual assault case must go before you first to determine, just based on what the media reports on the case, if the woman is lying or not. Congratulations!

I'm pretty sure if it was confirmed by an M.D. that it was violent intercourse, and if DNA was collected after the incident it wouldn't be hidden from the public, as it would ruin his Career before the case even starts.

If for some reason this wasn't publicized and such evidence materializes, then yeah, he's obviously guilty, but I really doubt she will provide any such evidence.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 09:46:08 AM »

I'm pretty sure if it was confirmed by an M.D. that it was violent intercourse, and if DNA was collected after the incident it wouldn't be hidden from the public, as it would ruin his Career before the case even starts.

If for some reason this wasn't publicized and such evidence materializes, then yeah, he's obviously guilty, but I really doubt she will provide any such evidence.

Man, I wonder if there's a reason why women might not immediately go to the police or hospital after being raped, especially if their rapist is a very famous NFL player. And I wonder if she might've continued to hang out with him after these incidents because our culture repeatedly tells women that they weren't "really raped" because of what they were wearing, or that they weren't clear enough in saying no to sex, or that they don't have the evidence to convict their rapist.

I'm not saying Antonio 100% did it and he should have the book thrown at him, but saying "he's innocent because what we know so far indicates he didn't do it" is a really dangerous precedent.
Omega21

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 10:22:11 AM »

Man, I wonder if there's a reason why women might not immediately go to the police or hospital after being raped, especially if their rapist is a very famous NFL player. And I wonder if she might've continued to hang out with him after these incidents because our culture repeatedly tells women that they weren't "really raped" because of what they were wearing, or that they weren't clear enough in saying no to sex, or that they don't have the evidence to convict their rapist.

I'm not saying Antonio 100% did it and he should have the book thrown at him, but saying "he's innocent because what we know so far indicates he didn't do it" is a really dangerous precedent.

Where do you live, Pakistan?

I've never in my life heard anyone here in Europe blame a woman for being raped because of the way she dresses, as no one expects women to wear long black curtains around their body that only expose their eyes.

And yeah, my bad, I should have said: "He is innocent if what we know now does not change and if no hard evidence is presented."
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 10:30:18 AM »

I've never in my life heard anyone here in Europe blame a woman for being raped because of the way she dresses, as no one expects women to wear long black curtains around their body that only expose their eyes.

And yeah, my bad, I should have said: "He is innocent if what we know now does not change and if no hard evidence is presented."

Oh boy. Hate to tell you this, but it's like, a common thing in America for women to be blamed for their own rape because of what they were wearing. Like, to the point that rapists have been given laughably short or even no prison time because the Judge doesn't want to "ruin the life" of a young man who had a lapse in judgement while drunk at a party, but is okay with ruining the life of a young girl who was drinking and did not expect to be raped while drunk at a party.
Omega21

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 11:43:41 AM »

Oh boy. Hate to tell you this, but it's like, a common thing in America for women to be blamed for their own rape because of what they were wearing. Like, to the point that rapists have been given laughably short or even no prison time because the Judge doesn't want to "ruin the life" of a young man who had a lapse in judgement while drunk at a party, but is okay with ruining the life of a young girl who was drinking and did not expect to be raped while drunk at a party.

I really don't know what to tell you, as this is a very complicated issue.

On the one hand, cases like the ones you described certainly exist, on the other, it could be used as a tool against the male, as there are cases where in the end, the woman admitted to lying about the whole thing.

It's crucial for victims to go get checked preferably immediately, but at the latest within 48 hours (while the sperm cells are still alive), as that along with a physical examination gives some objective evidence to the whole thing.

These cases are tricky because a lot of them are based on pure accusation and statements, and I also wouldn't be comfortable declaring someone guilty or not guilty as a Juror based on just statements and no hard evidence.
JGibson
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2019, 02:42:00 PM »

Sad demise of my former favorite player in the NFL. Wouldn't be surprised if he never plays another down.

Yep. I used to like him until his antics this past year.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2019, 01:46:26 AM »

Sound logic here, why even have trials?  If a woman says she was raped, she was raped damn it!  This questioning of victims must be stopped before more damage is done.  Why would a woman lie about something like this?  If a woman says she was raped, put the man (and several of his friends, just to be safe) in prison for as long as she thinks is necessary.  Believe all women!
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2019, 06:35:43 AM »

Sound logic here, why even have trials?  If a woman says she was raped, she was raped damn it!  This questioning of victims must be stopped before more damage is done.  Why would a woman lie about something like this?  If a woman says she was raped, put the man (and several of his friends, just to be safe) in prison for as long as she thinks is necessary.  Believe all women!

How convenient of you to ignore my next post, which said:

Omega21

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2019, 08:27:13 AM »

Sound logic here, why even have trials? If a woman says she was raped, she was raped damn it!  This questioning of victims must be stopped before more damage is done.  Why would a woman lie about something like this?  If a woman says she was raped, put the man (and several of his friends, just to be safe) in prison for as long as she thinks is necessary.  Believe all women!

Sadly this is how it goes, as many of the accused accept plea deals since you can literally be declared guilty without any material evidence, which is mind-boggling.

Brian Banks was a student at Long Beach Polytechnic High School when a fellow student accused him of rape. He accepted a plea deal to avoid a lengthy sentence and ended up serving almost the entire sentence. The accuser was later recorded admitting that the sexual contact was consensual and that she made up the allegation so her mother wouldn't find out she was sexually active. Gibson's family had received a $1.5 million settlement from the school following Banks' guilty plea for failing to keep Wanetta safe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wrongful_convictions_in_the_United_States
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2019, 09:32:54 AM »

Sound logic here, why even have trials? If a woman says she was raped, she was raped damn it!  This questioning of victims must be stopped before more damage is done.  Why would a woman lie about something like this?  If a woman says she was raped, put the man (and several of his friends, just to be safe) in prison for as long as she thinks is necessary.  Believe all women!

Sadly this is how it goes, as many of the accused accept plea deals since you can literally be declared guilty without any material evidence, which is mind-boggling.

Brian Banks was a student at Long Beach Polytechnic High School when a fellow student accused him of rape. He accepted a plea deal to avoid a lengthy sentence and ended up serving almost the entire sentence. The accuser was later recorded admitting that the sexual contact was consensual and that she made up the allegation so her mother wouldn't find out she was sexually active. Gibson's family had received a $1.5 million settlement from the school following Banks' guilty plea for failing to keep Wanetta safe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wrongful_convictions_in_the_United_States

So, a few things b/c you seem to be interested in having a real discussion (to your credit):

- I can’t speak to Europe, but in the US, until the past year or two it was so common to hear people say things like “don’t dress for the part if you don’t want it” or things like that about rape victims that trying to discredit victims by saying they “dressed provocatively” (along with claiming victims shouldn’t have drank so much if they didn’t want to have sex and using the “a little nutty and a whole lotta slutty” line) essentially became cliches.  I mean, you had Donald Trump literally bragging about committing sexual assault on tape and half the country dismissed it as “locker room talk.”  There is a culture of victim-blaming toward adult victims of sex crimes in the US.  And don’t even get me started on how horribly male victims of sexual violence are treated...

- The FBI has found that only 5-6% of these allegations per-year are false.  Yes, it happens, but it is extremely rare and often the people who are lying get caught. 

- Speaking from the experience of a close friend, I get why people are reluctant to go to the police.  Many officers do a great job, but others are incredibly cruel and seem to have a “it’s the victim’s fault until proven otherwise” attitude, especially if the victim was drinking the night s/he was attacked.  Plus, it’s an enormous amount of pain and trauma to process, it’s not like you just wake up the next day and everything is back to normal.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2019, 07:55:57 PM »

Another victim of feminism that has gone too far.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2019, 01:47:29 AM »

No woman in my family in either America or Pakistan dresses that way, not even a hijab.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2019, 04:28:49 PM »

Antonio Brown cut

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27662788/brown-pats-cut-wr-amid-field-allegations
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2019, 04:47:29 PM »

Good, he is pest that's time is up
JGibson
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2019, 02:26:17 AM »

Agreed. He's a disgrace to the game.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2019, 05:51:53 AM »

he's a disgrace to mammals
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2019, 12:24:03 PM »

I doubt the invertebrates want him either.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies