Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:06:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 126712 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2019, 01:18:10 PM »

Unprecedented!  Truly a benchmark for future campaigns of, by, and for everyday people.  No way for the media to spin this other than crap out a few polls of Starbucks patrons in wealthy neighborhoods.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2019, 01:47:36 PM »

Brie Brie is back to doxxing people on twitter. I’m not gonna put it here but you can go find it if you want
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2019, 02:09:09 PM »

Brie Brie is back to doxxing people on twitter. I’m not gonna put it here but you can go find it if you want

Yep, the Sanders campaign celebrated their one millionth donor by picking a random Twitter critic and tweeting out his personal financial information for the horde to descend upon.

All in service of a whataboutism to try to equate Twitter criticism with the mountain of death threats the mob has been sending WFP members.

This campaign belongs in the dustbin of history and the sooner the better.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2019, 02:22:47 PM »

Yep, the Sanders campaign celebrated their one millionth donor by picking a random Twitter critic and tweeting out his personal financial information for the horde to descend upon.

All in service of a whataboutism to try to equate Twitter criticism with the mountain of death threats the mob has been sending WFP members.

This campaign belongs in the dustbin of history and the sooner the better.

The guy who got doxxed also got fired for said tweets months ago
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2019, 09:25:51 AM »
« Edited: September 21, 2019, 09:30:29 AM by sjoyce »

Shocking to learn that twitter user "armandodkos" is a guy named Armando who used to work for Daily Kos. Really reprehensible that the Sanders campaign is revealing this secret personal information about him. Not a good look :/
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2019, 09:37:18 AM »

Shocking to learn that twitter user "armandodkos" is a guy named Armando who used to work for Daily Kos. Really reprehensible that the Sanders campaign is revealing this secret personal information about him. Not a good look :/

Well first of all he got fired to the tweets, which he should have. They were disgusting. Second of all of I gave you my name, you could find me in FEC records and find my address. That doesn’t mean it’s okay to do. She kept the zip + four which really negates blacking out the actual address. Just because something is public information doesn’t mean it’s okay for someone who is the national press secretary of a top three campaign to be putting it out there for everyone to see. He’s just one random twitter asshole, a campaign shouldn’t be targeting him like that.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2019, 10:54:30 AM »

Well first of all he got fired to the tweets, which he should have. They were disgusting. Second of all of I gave you my name, you could find me in FEC records and find my address. That doesn’t mean it’s okay to do. She kept the zip + four which really negates blacking out the actual address. Just because something is public information doesn’t mean it’s okay for someone who is the national press secretary of a top three campaign to be putting it out there for everyone to see. He’s just one random twitter asshole, a campaign shouldn’t be targeting him like that.

Right.  I poke at Sanders campaign people on Twitter sometimes, but it's not ok for their high-ranking staff to say "Our campaign is being attacked by this toxic creep who wants to deny you health insurance, General Douglas MacArthur, who lives at Dongan Hills Ave &, Jefferson St, Staten Island, NY 10306, he is part of the American killing machine and kills people."

Like let's not play dumb here.  We (and Brie) know exactly what would happen.  By putting it up on a Twitter officially representing the Sanders campaign she's using the full power of that campaign to highlight and target just some Joe Schmoe on Twitter, in a way that he can't contend with.  And because it's the Sanders campaign in particular, this guy's life is about to go through hell as tens of thousands of Bernie Bros descend on his social media, his home and family, his career, and try to destroy him in the name of their lord and savior.  This is what Brie WANTS to happen.  This is the ENTIRE point.

Brie was never a person who should have been hired to be high-ranking campaign staff.  She is an immature, spiteful, hyper-aggressive lunatic who was selected by Sanders because she was one of his most "passionate" (read: loud and obnoxious) supporters.  And now that she has real power and the full weight of a campaign apparatus behind her, she can speak from that pedestal on high and say all you people who were mean to me on Twitter, now you're really gonna get it!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2019, 12:55:40 PM »

It's funny how Saint Bernie can't stop (or at least he says so) the bros from behaving like entitled jerks on the internet but he will absolutely persuade Mitch McConnell to pass his policies.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2019, 02:04:42 PM »

It's funny how Saint Bernie can't stop (or at least he says so) the bros from behaving like entitled jerks on the internet but he will absolutely persuade Mitch McConnell to pass his policies.
I just can't take him seriously. He wants to fundamentally change how things are done but won't commit to ending the filibuster. It's hot air and he's lying to voters.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2019, 03:10:02 PM »

Any other campaign, Brie would have gotten fired months ago.  Sirota for that matter too
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2019, 03:30:23 PM »

Imagine hating Bernie so much you're willing to resort to casual sexism to score points on him

(and this is coming from someone who agrees with dotard and finds the doxing in poor taste)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2019, 03:48:46 PM »

Imagine hating Bernie so much you're willing to resort to casual sexism to score points on him

(and this is coming from someone who agrees with dotard and finds the doxing in poor taste)

Imagine loving Bernie so much you're willing to resort to casual racism to defend him.

See how that also doesn't make any sense?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2019, 03:58:32 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2019, 04:07:22 PM by Grand Mufti of Leftist Messposting »

Imagine loving Bernie so much you're willing to resort to casual racism to defend him.

Bernie Bro is an inherently gendered term. It erases female supporters of the Bernie campaign. Actually, I'll go as far as to say it erases people of color too, as the guy who created the stereotype used it to stereotype Bernie supporters as white males.

Overall, those who use the term are trafficking in racism and sexism at best, and at worst fully embracing it.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2019, 04:01:46 PM »

Bernie Bro is an inherently gendered term. It erases female supporters of the Bernie campaign.

I guess you are one those guys who think using the name X-Men makes someone a sexist.

FTR though, I accept the fact that female Sanders supporters can be as big jerks as his male supporters.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2019, 04:06:49 PM »

I guess you are one those guys who think using the name X-Men makes someone a sexist.

FTR though, I accept the fact that female Sanders supporters can be as big jerks as his male supporters.

Nah. I just know the context and the history behind the term.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2019, 04:12:14 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2019, 04:33:46 PM by Speaker YE »

Nah. I just know the context and the history behind the term.

It's incredibly irritating when Bernie Bros pretend to be oblivious to semantics and context just to divert the conversation away from their incredibly toxic behavior.

Your buddies on Twitter told WFP members to "eat s**t and die", "I hope you get cancer", "drop dead dumb c**nt", etc. etc. and you're sitting here going

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2019, 04:14:13 PM »

Bernie Bro is an inherently gendered term. It erases female supporters of the Bernie campaign. Actually, I'll go as far as to say it erases people of color too, as the guy who created the stereotype used it to stereotype Bernie supporters as white males.

Overall, those who use the term are trafficking in racism and sexism at best, and at worst fully embracing it.

Well said, sawx.  Amazing to see the neoliberals who have nerve to claim the flag of anti-racism and progressive social policy as their own engage in such blatant erasure of females and minority groups.  That brownface on neoliberal Trudeau is just so emblematic of the whole lot of 'em, from the Pretty Boi PM himself right down to the self-righteous liberal latte sippers here.  Most depressing!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2019, 04:25:20 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2019, 04:44:09 PM by Grand Mufti of Leftist Messposting »

It's incredibly irritating when Bernie Bros pretend to be oblivious to semantics and context just to divert the conversation away from their incredibly toxic behavior.

Your buddies on Twitter told WFP members to "eat s**t and die", "I hope you get cancer", "drop dead dumb c**nt", etc. etc. and you're sitting here going

Quote from: Grand Mufti of Leftist Messposting
*vile accusation that I certainly won't be repeating*

You clearly have no idea of who I am or what my positions are if you're going to make that argument. My views of the WFP spat and Elizabeth Warren are publicly available on here, and they certainly aren't "what the cultists did is justified". Dare I say that misquoting me as defending their vile actions is defamation of character.

There are ways to condemn deplorable behavior without resorting to gendered/race-based attacks. That's why I didn't go after dotard, and that's why I originally didn't go after you. You can use any other term - Berniebot, Bernie cultist, Bernie lunatic, whatever you want. But the moment you use the term Bernie Bro, you're erasing many of our supporters, and that's what I'd consider a race-based/gendered attack.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised that you're using these strawmen. Jumping to conclusions without checking the facts is par for the course for you.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2019, 04:33:37 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2019, 04:35:14 PM by Speaker YE »

You clearly have no idea of who I am or what my positions are if you're going to make that argument. My views of the WFP spat and Elizabeth Warren are publicly available on here, and they certainly aren't "what the cultists did is justified". Dare I say that misquoting me as defending their actions is defamation of character. There are ways to condemn it without resorting to sexism or racism. That's why I didn't go after dotard.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised that you're doing this. Jumping to conclusions without checking the facts is par for the course for you.

So much outrage, so little time.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2019, 04:41:33 PM »

You clearly have no idea of who I am or what my positions are if you're going to make that argument. My views of the WFP spat and Elizabeth Warren are publicly available on here, and they certainly aren't "what the cultists did is justified". Dare I say that misquoting me as defending their actions is defamation of character. There are ways to condemn it without resorting to sexism or racism. That's why I didn't go after dotard.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised that you're doing this. Jumping to conclusions without checking the facts is par for the course for you.

SawX is being personally attacked, while you rage post about tweets David Sirota makes.  One of these things is not like the other.  NOT A GOOD LOOK FOR YOU!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2019, 04:47:49 PM »

The guy made a fake quote of me defending vile things. I think we all can agree my outrage is justified.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2019, 04:51:18 PM »

The guy made a fake quote of me defending vile things. I think we all can agree my outrage is justified.

Cool your jets.  Nobody actually thinks that's a real quote from you.

You need to think in context and stop freaking out over trivialities to distract from the points people are trying to make.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2019, 05:05:07 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2019, 05:09:20 PM by Grand Mufti of Leftist Messposting »

There's nothing to argue with. I've already said I found what happened distasteful. Dotard said it well enough, and all without resorting to slurs or slander! Imagine that!

Cool your jets.  Nobody actually thinks that's a real quote from you.

You need to think in context and stop freaking out over trivialities to distract from the points people are trying to make.

Don't even ****ing try and defend what you just did to me.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2019, 05:09:46 PM »

Please see new signature.  Gen. MacArthur, you have been reported! 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2019, 05:13:28 PM »

Yeah, and I am a certified sexist. Congratulations for getting us both mr. Grand Inquisitor.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies