Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:48:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 126689 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: November 13, 2019, 02:28:36 PM »

Bernie is like the 747 at the airport carrying a lot of passangers, but the engines haven't warmed up yet, and people haven't heard that roar. I expect a very strong preformance in the next debate from him.
wildviper121
Rookie
United States

« Reply #551 on: November 13, 2019, 04:58:10 PM »

Bernie is like the 747 at the airport carrying a lot of passangers, but the engines haven't warmed up yet, and people haven't heard that roar. I expect a very strong preformance in the next debate from him.
Bernie is thirty years older than the first 747.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #552 on: November 13, 2019, 05:55:17 PM »

Bernie is thirty years older than the first 747.

Wow! And he has looked almost the same for most of his life! I kind of feel that he is an enternal being that will exist for the rest of time lol
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #553 on: November 13, 2019, 09:30:00 PM »

Idk, but Sanders is obviously the only one who can win back WV.
Harlow

« Reply #554 on: November 13, 2019, 09:48:45 PM »

Sanders doubling his paid campaign staff in California:

https://fortune.com/2019/11/13/bernie-sanders-california-campaign-upping-its-game-ahead-of-super-tuesday-march-3/

He has also jumped into second place in a Capitol Weekly poll of the state, 6 points behind Warren.
TWTown
GhostOfHuey
United States

« Reply #555 on: November 13, 2019, 11:19:24 PM »

Of course they will.  But they're not people who would have voted anyway.

They're not Democrats, they're Bernie-ists, and this isn't the Bernie party.

The idea that they would have voted Democrat if the Democrats had been nicer to Bernie, or something along this lines, is a lie.  They say that just to antagonize Democrats and try to earn concessions.  None of them will ever vote for a Democrat, at least not until they become adults and start having actual investment in politics beyond virtue signaling.

Bernie is, however, responsible for convincing a lot of young people and swing voters that Clinton and the DNC were corrupt, rigged, fake Democrats, etc. in 2016, who are a different group of people who would have voted for Clinton if not for Sanders.

Go away.
TWTown
GhostOfHuey
United States

« Reply #556 on: November 13, 2019, 11:24:45 PM »

https://fortune.com/2019/11/13/bernie-sanders-california-campaign-upping-its-game-ahead-of-super-tuesday-march-3/

He has also jumped into second place in a Capitol Weekly poll of the state, 6 points behind Warren.
If he won California, it would certainly be good for him since it might cancel out Biden winning a lot of Southern States that are also on Super Tuesday. I feel that winning California, Minnesota, Vermont, Massachusetts and Maine would be a great day for Bernie.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #557 on: November 13, 2019, 11:57:29 PM »

If he won California, it would certainly be good for him since it might cancel out Biden winning a lot of Southern States that are also on Super Tuesday. I feel that winning California, Minnesota, Vermont, Massachusetts and Maine would be a great day for Bernie.

Warren will be competitive till Super Tuesday atleast & she will almost certainly win Massachusetts !
TWTown
GhostOfHuey
United States

« Reply #558 on: November 14, 2019, 12:46:09 AM »

Warren will be competitive till Super Tuesday atleast & she will almost certainly win Massachusetts !
That is true, she will no doubt also make Maine and Minnesota/Colorado competitive as well. Which is why winning California should be a priority for the Bernie Campaign.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #559 on: November 14, 2019, 01:01:42 AM »

The problem is that if it's a narrow win for Bernie in California, we might not find out about that until April.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #560 on: November 15, 2019, 06:32:57 PM »

The problem is that if it's a narrow win for Bernie in California, we might not find out about that until April.
Just a hunch, but Bernie seems like one of the candidates who would lose ground after mail-ins came in, not gain.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #561 on: November 15, 2019, 07:35:53 PM »

Just a hunch, but Bernie seems like one of the candidates who would lose ground after mail-ins came in, not gain.

How so? The mail-in/absentee ballots tend to be more liberal than the election day vote, not less.
Cinemark

« Reply #562 on: November 15, 2019, 07:43:36 PM »

Just off the top of my head, Hillary was leading California by ten points the morning after the primary. It eventually fell to Clinton +7 after all was said and done.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #563 on: November 15, 2019, 08:02:08 PM »

Just off the top of my head, Hillary was leading California by ten points the morning after the primary. It eventually fell to Clinton +7 after all was said and done.

Actually, it was 12.7 even a couple of days later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=2016_California_Democratic_primary&oldid=724675402
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #564 on: November 16, 2019, 10:28:45 PM »

Sanders got an incredible reception in the Univision townhall. The ovation was crazy when he came & kept on after he went.

He is going to be very strong among Hispanic voters & will most likely outperform polls among Hispanic voters as well.

Don't know why Warren or Biden didn't attend the event.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #565 on: November 17, 2019, 02:35:58 AM »

Sanders won the endorsement of California Young Democrats with 67% of the vote.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #566 on: November 17, 2019, 12:18:36 PM »

lol.  most of this ad is pretty effective, but I'm not sure how well "queer liberation" plays in an Iowa or South Carolina primary much less a general election.

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #567 on: November 17, 2019, 12:29:41 PM »

lol.  most of this ad is pretty effective, but I'm not sure how well "queer liberation" plays in an Iowa or South Carolina primary much less a general election.

The Bernie campaign is embracing a very AOC rhetoric.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #568 on: November 17, 2019, 12:36:12 PM »

Its catering towards the D primary electorate, so I'd assume it works well. Probably not for a general election campaign ad though.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #569 on: November 17, 2019, 07:17:35 PM »

Bernie campaign leaning on AOC is not a good strategy for primary states where the electorate is old people. I could see this working in SC and NV but IA and NH seem like places where AOC is... not incredibly popular, even among Democrats.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #570 on: November 17, 2019, 11:48:49 PM »

Bernie campaign leaning on AOC is not a good strategy for primary states where the electorate is old people. I could see this working in SC and NV but IA and NH seem like places where AOC is... not incredibly popular, even among Democrats.

Watch clips from anything that AOC has done with the Sanders campaign in Iowa. She has been a smashing success, and there is mounting evidence that she plays well in unexpected places.

The line on "queer liberation," whatever that means, is jarring. But that is in large part because everything else in this video works so well, in spite of spinning the weirdest narrative on the history of the Democratic Party since Dinesh D'Souza's last production.

Such a smashing success that Selzer and Monmouth both have Bernie in 4th place in IA.

AOC has extremely limited appeal outside of clueless youngsters.  People who have been following politics for more than thirty seconds may not be pushed away by AOC's horrible history, but they certainly won't be pulled in by it.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #571 on: November 17, 2019, 11:57:13 PM »

What you guys aren’t getting is that tweet is highlighting how ignorant of history that tweet is . Civil rights was an issue FDR was pretty bad at , and the idea he was anti war is just hillarious in every way possible
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #572 on: November 18, 2019, 12:35:40 AM »

Watch clips from anything that AOC has done with the Sanders campaign in Iowa. She has been a smashing success, and there is mounting evidence that she plays well in unexpected places.

The line on "queer liberation," whatever that means, is jarring. But that is in large part because everything else in this video works so well, in spite of spinning the weirdest narrative on the history of the Democratic Party since Dinesh D'Souza's last production.

afaik "queer liberation" is a phrase used by the people who criticize gay marriage for being too heteronormative.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #573 on: November 18, 2019, 12:25:43 PM »

Such a smashing success that Selzer and Monmouth both have Bernie in 4th place in IA.
He's tied with 3rd place and down by 1 point compared to second place in that poll. We just got a poll that shows him leading in Iowa, too.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #574 on: November 18, 2019, 01:28:59 PM »

Bernie doesn't have to win over conservative olds. If he consolidates the progressive vote and gets 30% in Iowa and NH he probably comes first.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies