Drone strikes knock out half of Saudi oil capacity
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:26:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Drone strikes knock out half of Saudi oil capacity
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Drone strikes knock out half of Saudi oil capacity  (Read 2037 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2019, 04:51:00 PM »

There's a lot of fingers being pointed at Iran, mostly from Mr. Trump's completely untrustworthy administration. But what I'm not finding so far is any reporting on evidence.

The "evidence" would be the 17 intelligence agencies agreeing to lie together.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2019, 06:59:20 PM »

Here's a blog post that has a pretty in-depth review of the strike and evidence:
Meet the Quds 1

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2019, 02:08:16 AM »

I am old enough to remember Iraq War 1.0

At that time we listened to our President, Politicians from both Parties, Generals, and Media Cheerleaders ....

Our Public High Schools were effectively shut down just about everywhere in Oregon, while HS Students marched out of HS, Teachers called in Sick, and major Interstate Highways were blockaded from Eugene to Portland as part of massive acts of Non-Violent Civil disobediance

We did have an emergency EP release from former Dead Kennedy Singer Jello Biafra called "Die for Oil Sucker"....

Before I started to write this post, I had to grab a copy of the Album, since it appears to me that we are heading in the same direction.

Still, here is a spoken word legendary American Artist with original lyrics, but adds visuals from Iraq 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AZFzhGcO3E

https://www.amazon.com/Die-Sucker-Vinyl-JELLO-BIAFRA/dp/B000A2SRF8/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=die+for+oil+jello+biafra&qid=1568702476&sr=8-1

I lost a good friend in the War, who many of you might well recognize from my previous posts for Memorial Day and all that...

Although I don't want to politicize Eric's military service, ANY major massive US mobilization against Iran must be met immediately by massive demonstrations on the streets of every city in America....

Many of y'all younger Millennial folks don't remember Iraq 2.0. but even back in Iraq 1.0, we blocked I-5 from Seattle to the Bay Area, as part of a massive non-violent Civil Disobedience Movement against the War....

I have had many friends that fought or served in the Iraq/Afghanistan Era, without even going into Vietnam/Korean era military vets....

Bought the album from this band Iraq 2.0, shortly after the death of my friend, which was one of the first artist performing music as artists in a War Zone, because it was so real as hip-hop....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w8uTyVbYUE

Support the artists like I did:

https://www.amazon.com/Live-Iraq-Explicit-4th25/dp/B000YPWOCS/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=live+from+iraq&qid=1568702397&sr=8-1

Regardless, I seek no joy seeing Trump making massive war movements towards Iran (Thought that crap was done after he fired Bolton!).... we still don't know exactly what happened in these Saudi facilities (Huh)

Could sniff out a Gulf of Tonkin gig if I was paranoid, or potentially many other foreign powers....

Anyway you look at it historically, but the USA has 0% interest in creating a war against Iran, at a time where Iranian Youth are more than willing to fight the power that be, while meanwhile Saudi Arabia has been engaged in a covert war in Yemen for over a decade....

Homey don't play this, too old and too wise.

F**k the War which is coming.....
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2019, 07:35:44 AM »

Pretty much every post-WWII administration was guilty of propping up the Saudi regime. Trump, however, is the first President to subordinate the U.S. policy in the region to the Saudi goals. And, to borrow his memorable phrase, the Saudi rulers aren't "stable geniuses", so it's pretty disconcerting.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2019, 07:53:01 AM »

Pretty much every post-WWII administration was guilty of propping up the Saudi regime. Trump, however, is the first President to subordinate the U.S. policy in the region to the Saudi goals. And, to borrow his memorable phrase, the Saudi rulers aren't "stable geniuses", so it's pretty disconcerting.

I think that has less to do with Trump as a President and more to do with the fact that the ME isn't as important the US as it was 15 years ago and as a result most of the FP logic turn away from rational pursuit of economic and security interests and more towards trying to back either old allies or the new upstart "winning" horses enough to get a cut of the share.

Basically, America can afford to be following the Saudi's lead in the region (although obviously the relationship is very old and complex, I actually do get the argument of some that the SA regime is actually more useful than not even in security terms). Its no longer reliant on a stable, pro-US Middle East, but then why would it refuse to help SA when they are buying their weapons, financial services, I could go on...
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2019, 12:00:01 AM »
« Edited: September 18, 2019, 12:20:01 AM by Ghost of Ruin »

Trump claims he has 'no financial interests in Saudi Arabia' — but he makes lots of money from it October, 2018

"Saudi Arabia, I get along with all of them. They buy apartments from me. They spend $40 million, $50 million," Trump said during a presidential campaign rally in Alabama in August 2015.

"Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much."

At another rally that year, Trump said of the Saudis, "I make a lot of money from them."

"They buy all sorts of my stuff. All kinds of toys from Trump. They pay me millions and hundred of millions."

#TraitorTrump

Added: There is always a tweet:

I guess they paid him enough?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2019, 06:15:15 PM »

It's a shame Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld aren't in office Sad
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2019, 04:52:02 PM »

The Iranian government has drawn a line in the sand, something Mr. Trump's administration seems to have avoided here.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2019, 05:33:07 PM »

Simultaneous invasions of Iran and Yemen? Seems like a good use of money and lives.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2019, 05:38:26 PM »

Simultaneous invasions of Iran and Yemen? Seems like a good use of money and lives.

He is a wacko, pardon him.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2019, 11:32:29 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2019, 11:35:34 PM by Grand Mufti of Northern Virginia »

And instead of increasing fuel-economy standards to build up resistance to unforeseen disruptions like this (among other benefits), Trump the Genius wants to do the opposite, making us even more vulnerable...  
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2019, 02:32:43 PM »

The Iranian government has drawn a line in the sand, something Mr. Trump's administration seems to have avoided here.

I remember reading a couple of days ago that a Saudi prince declared KSA can "knock out Iran" within first hours of conflict.

Press L for laughs.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2019, 09:18:42 PM »

Maybe it is a secret plan from Trump to shut down Russian influence within the region???
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2019, 08:20:49 AM »

I remember reading a couple of days ago that a Saudi prince declared KSA can "knock out Iran" within first hours of conflict.

Press L for laughs.
we know they have missiles from the PRC.  We also know they've already "purchased" nukes from Pakistan.  Do we know they have NOT been delivered?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2019, 04:51:31 PM »

Press L for laughs.
we know they have missiles from the PRC.  We also know they've already "purchased" nukes from Pakistan.  Do we know they have NOT been delivered?

The statement refereed specifically to the Saudi's conventional capabilities and if we rule out the (unconfirmed) nukes accordingly, it's a laughable statement.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2019, 08:23:21 PM »

Press L for laughs.

Ha. The military that can't even capture Hudaydah after years of conflict will "knock out Iran" in hours? Who do they even think they're fooling?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2019, 09:31:31 PM »

1. Pathetic Saudi Air Defense, and shocked this hadn't occurred until now.
2. I suppose I'm concerned for the oil market, but I shed no tears for Saudi despots.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies