Confessions of Atlas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:19:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Confessions of Atlas
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Author Topic: Confessions of Atlas  (Read 26411 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2020, 02:09:08 PM »

I like progressive rock.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2020, 02:37:25 PM »

Sorry to hear about your virginity.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2020, 09:51:05 PM »

I still cry over the results of some sports matches
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2020, 10:01:48 PM »

For some reason I cry every time I see the ride of the rohirrim scene in ROTK. That damn violin gets me man 😭
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2020, 10:02:43 PM »

February 10 is my favorite day of the year
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2020, 11:42:51 PM »

I was raised in Puerto Rico my whole life. I came to the mainland to complete my graduate studies, and I was in love with it initially. The political developments of 2014 and 2016 broke that view that I had of the mainland United States, and now, I'd like to go back and stay in PR once I'm done. I didn't truly appreciate what I had.

I haven't had a bigger heartbreak in my life. It hurts to even talk about it.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2020, 11:03:06 PM »

I was raised in Puerto Rico my whole life. I came to the mainland to complete my graduate studies, and I was in love with it initially. The political developments of 2014 and 2016 broke that view that I had of the mainland United States, and now, I'd like to go back and stay in PR once I'm done. I didn't truly appreciate what I had.

The love of one's Country is a beautiful thing....

These are common stories of the leaving of one's home and community that have been sung, written in both poetry and prose, and a common narrative for so many living in a diaspora, sometimes by choice, sometimes not by choice from throughout the world in so many languages and narrative forms....

The recent major natural disasters within Puerto Rico and the callousness, neglect, and incompetence of the US Federal Government towards those disasters, as well as the financial situation on the Island is a disgrace for all American Citizens (Including Puerto Rican Americans--- this is for any dumba** out there that doesn't realize that YES Puerto Ricans are US Citizens).

There is a long common connection between the Island and the Mainland, which I and many others can speak of from personal experiences over so many decades and decades and decades....

Although the population of Puerto Rico (and the Puerto Rican diaspora) has been heavily divided regarding their status with the mainland for many reasons, one of the main ones being economic relationships, as well as what in many ways was viewed by many Puerto Ricans as Colonialism with the direct Colonial rule, it is clear that certain political leaders and parties seem to reinforce a pattern of "indirect colonial administration"....

Here is a photo from a neighborhood in inner West-Side Chicago that was still around last time I was in the neighborhood sometime in the mid 1990s...

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2020, 11:28:10 PM »

The love of one's Country is a beautiful thing....

These are common stories of the leaving of one's home and community that have been sung, written in both poetry and prose, and a common narrative for so many living in a diaspora, sometimes by choice, sometimes not by choice from throughout the world in so many languages and narrative forms....

The recent major natural disasters within Puerto Rico and the callousness, neglect, and incompetence of the US Federal Government towards those disasters, as well as the financial situation on the Island is a disgrace for all American Citizens (Including Puerto Rican Americans--- this is for any dumba** out there that doesn't realize that YES Puerto Ricans are US Citizens).

There is a long common connection between the Island and the Mainland, which I and many others can speak of from personal experiences over so many decades and decades and decades....

Although the population of Puerto Rico (and the Puerto Rican diaspora) has been heavily divided regarding their status with the mainland for many reasons, one of the main ones being economic relationships, as well as what in many ways was viewed by many Puerto Ricans as Colonialism with the direct Colonial rule, it is clear that certain political leaders and parties seem to reinforce a pattern of "indirect colonial administration"....

Here is a photo from a neighborhood in inner West-Side Chicago that was still around last time I was in the neighborhood sometime in the mid 1990s...

Thank you for your heartfelt response. Indeed, I, in many ways, feel that I'm an American, but I also feel that I'm Puerto Rican. It's a difficult identity to negotiate, all the implications that come with that ligature identity being noted.

And yes, sentiments for the political status of the island have always been deep, but ultimately, it all comes down to Congress, as they have the sole power to grant Puerto Rico any change in political status whatsoever.

Puerto Rico is most certainly a colony, in basically all but name, from the loss of financial sovereignty, to the heavy port taxes, to the limited trade capacity, to the limited economic tools that are available to address financial stress, to the inability to vote for their President... the list goes on and on.

This is a topic I could go on talking about for ages. That's for sure.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2020, 01:01:40 AM »

(Normal)
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2020, 01:46:47 AM »

Not much of a confession since this is clearly evident, but I've stopped giving a s**t about putting effort into my posts outside of stupid memes or snarky remarks at blue avatars for the most part a long ass time ago.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2020, 06:18:14 AM »

Not much of a confession since this is clearly evident, but I've stopped giving a s**t about putting effort into my posts outside of stupid memes or snarky remarks at blue avatars for the most part a long ass time ago.

morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2020, 06:25:58 AM »

Hey as long as we're all being nice about it and having fun at it, then you're still good in my eyes
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2020, 11:03:54 PM »

I haven't posted an extremely detailed precinct level analysis of US elections in so many Months that I have forgotten....

Looking forward to the 2020 election so that my boredom allows me to use my Atlas Outlet in more constructive means than I have for the past 6-12 Months (Huh).
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2020, 12:10:22 AM »

I'm a field organizer for Bloomberg (C.R.E.A.M). Does this make me a bad person? lol
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2020, 12:15:47 AM »

I'm a field organizer for Bloomberg (C.R.E.A.M). Does this make me a bad person? lol
Nothing wrong with selling out. At $6,000 a month, I'd sell out, too.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2020, 12:17:40 AM »

And free health insurance too. This is gonna be the first time I've been to the doctor or got my teeth cleaned in a year. But I feel ed up about it with Sanders looking like he might actually be competitive (I took this job in part because I thought my guy was going nowhere....). Anyway, I'm deep into some wine tonight, not very articulate I don't think, just feeling conflicted.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2020, 12:38:34 AM »

from the other confessions thread

I have never found myself attracted to another member of the human species, only to fictional non-human anthro characters.

help
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2020, 12:42:21 AM »

I've had sex while on the clock a few times Cheesy
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2020, 08:42:17 PM »

I racked up roughly 15 truancies my senior year of high school.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2020, 10:12:48 PM »
« Edited: January 25, 2020, 10:16:08 PM by gracile »

And free health insurance too. This is gonna be the first time I've been to the doctor or got my teeth cleaned in a year. But I feel ed up about it with Sanders looking like he might actually be competitive (I took this job in part because I thought my guy was going nowhere....). Anyway, I'm deep into some wine tonight, not very articulate I don't think, just feeling conflicted.

Have you thought about trying to sabotage his campaign from the inside?

But either way, there's nothing wrong with taking a job to make ends meet (and I'm sorry to hear about your problems with health insurance).
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2020, 10:20:39 PM »

I was a libertarian for a while as a teenager.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2020, 10:25:35 PM »

That's weak. But probably pretty high for the goody little two-shoes of Atlas.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2020, 10:38:15 PM »

It was stupid in hindsight.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2020, 01:09:49 AM »

Oh come on, 15 truancies is at that level where they start talking about expelling you (iirc). Fum story, my sophormore and junior years I skipped dozens of days, but I got away with it by walking out after lunch (the only attendance that counted, I found, was first period). Unfortunately, I didn't do anything fun with my free time, being a nerd I just wandered around a nearby park and read books. But it beat sitting through math lol.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2020, 02:38:49 PM »

thanks, it's tough Sad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies