FT 13.08 – Wildlife and Veterinary Act of 2019 (Awaiting advocacy)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:16:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 13.08 – Wildlife and Veterinary Act of 2019 (Awaiting advocacy)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 13.08 – Wildlife and Veterinary Act of 2019 (Awaiting advocacy)  (Read 590 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 16, 2019, 01:46:34 PM »

AN ACT

Section I. (1.) - Name of the Act
(1) This Act may be cited as the:
        (a) “Wildlife & Veterinary Act of 2019.”
        (b) “W. V. A. 2019”.

Section II. (2.) - Purpose of the Act
(1) This bill’s goal is to further protect animals since today in Atlasia many animals get abused and the abusers don’t get the punishments they should receive.

Section III. (3.) - Terms & Definitions
(1) An animal - a living organism (vertebrate) that feeds on organic matter, typically having specialized sense organs and nervous system and able to respond rapidly to stimuli.
(2) A protected animal - A protected animal is an endangered or threatened species on the brink of extinction and/or habitat loss, disease, ext.
(3) Animal Test- the internal or external application of a cosmetic, either in its final form or any ingredient thereof, to the skin, eyes, or other body part of a live, nonhuman vertebrae.  
(4) Cosmetic - any article intended to be rubbed, poured, sprinkled, or sprayed on, introduced into, or otherwise applied to the human body or any part thereof for cleansing, beautifying, promoting attractiveness, or altering the appearance, including, but not limited to, personal hygiene products such as deodorant, shampoo, or conditioner.

Section IV. (4.) - Poisoning & Killing Animals
(1) Poisoning & killing animals shall be prohibited in all circumstances except if it is one of the following:
        (a) Hunting:
                   (i)   Requires hunting license;
                   (ii)  However, hunting a protected species shall be prohibited.
        (b) An animal directly or indirectly harms human welfare, health or rights near a human environment (living, working, eating, etc., spaces).
        (c) An animal is attacking or showing clear signs of (wish to) attack any human being.
        (d) An animal is attempting to blight or blighting human-built infrastructure that is essential to the human existence & the nation (food & water supplies, health institutions, government objects, military objects, etc.). However, in this case it is recommended (and states, territories, and federal objects can lawfully mandate individuals witnessing that) to attempt to try other methods of banishing the animal.

Section V. (5.) - Use in Researches & Studies
(1) It will be unlawful for a manufacturer to import for profit, sell, or offer for sale any cosmetic, if the cosmetic was developed or manufactured using an animal test that was conducted or contracted by the manufacturer or any supplier of the manufacturer. Therefore, Animal testing for cosmetic purposes is hereby prohibited.
(2) If a violation of this section is found & proven, the violation is punishable by a fine of Two Hundred Thousand (200 000) Dollars and an additional Two Thousand (2 000) Dollars for each day the violation continues.

Section VI. (6.) - Animal Fighting
(1) Animal fighting shall be federally prohibited everywhere in the Commonwealth of Fremont.
(2) Any individual encouraging, participating, watching, or in any other way influencing, witnessing or participating in any human-caused animal fight shall face between five (5) and fifteen (15) years in prison, or a fine between Twenty Thousand (20 000) and One Hundred Thousand (100 000) Dollars.
(3) Animal fighting in the environment, under natural circumstances (not influenced by any human being) is not, in any way, regulated. However, in the case an individual sees an animal that’s wounded (from fight or some other practice) & can (willingly & knowingly) help he or she is encouraged to do it.

Section VII. (7.) - Animal Ownership Duties & Sales
(1) All animal ownership duties & sales regulations shall be decided by the states in the Commonwealth of Fremont. However, the federal government reserves the right to protect a certain animal by declaring it as a protected animal.

Section VIII. (8.) - Pet Travel Scheme
(1) Pet Travel Scheme (PETS; Pet Passports) system shall remain the same with the exception of one reform. If an individual wants to leave the country he or she shall be federally mandated to get a veterinarian’s letter of consent which would confirm that the animal is fit enough to travel & that it has no (obvious) signs of any diseases.

Section IX. (9.) - Animal Misbehavior Legal According
(1) Every Atlasian state will be able to decide its own laws on legal accordings when an animal owned by someone misbehaves.
(2) However, the term shall be defined within the Commonwealth of Fremont.
        (a) Animal misbehavior is an action which an animal (purposely or not) made and harmed or severely threatened health, life, and/or normal rights, proceedings & duties of any human being.

Section X. (10.) - Veterinary Practices

(1) If a veterinarian reasonably believes that a protected animal is suffering, he or she may take, or arrange for the taking of steps, such steps as appear to him to be immediately necessary to alleviate the animal’s suffering.
(2) Veterinarian practice of killing an animal (euthanasia) shall be legal, however the states or commonwealths can make restrictions regarding that practice.
(3) If a veterinarian reasonably believes that the animal is being mistreated by the owner he or she is obligated to discuss it with the owner(s) and report to the amenable authorities.

Section XI. (11.) - The Effects

(1) The effects of this Act, if passed by the Parliament of Fremont and signed by the First Minister of Fremont, shall be implemented exactly two months after being signed into law.
Sponsor: Raymundo Felix, MFP

The member from California has the floor.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 05:48:13 PM »

Section 5: Pretty sure cosmetic animal testing is already illegal under federal Atlasian law.

Section 6: Are you guys sure you want to punish people who witness an animal fight? All that would do is encourage people to not report it.

Section 8: Is that really necessary? Most countries typically require this when an animal is imported anyway. Also I'm not sure if that's something that can be dictated on a regional level since that would require a change to federal law, wouldn't it?

Sections 9 and 10: Isn't this already allowed under current laws?
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 10:03:49 AM »

Section 5: Pretty sure cosmetic animal testing is already illegal under federal Atlasian law.

Section 6: Are you guys sure you want to punish people who witness an animal fight? All that would do is encourage people to not report it.

Section 8: Is that really necessary? Most countries typically require this when an animal is imported anyway. Also I'm not sure if that's something that can be dictated on a regional level since that would require a change to federal law, wouldn't it?

I'm not sure if Sections 5, 9, & 10 have been done already in Atlasia but yes you are correct that section 8 would be federal so a regional government can't endorse it. In response to Section 8, well there has to be some punishment for those people that watch and do not report, people that watch it and report it will not receive a punishment.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 10:39:28 AM »

I'm not sure if Sections 5, 9, & 10 have been done already in Atlasia but yes you are correct that section 8 would be federal so a regional government can't endorse it. In response to Section 8, well there has to be some punishment for those people that watch and do not report, people that watch it and report it will not receive a punishment.

I'm pretty sure cosmetic animal testing is banned in Atlasia because iirc I either submitted a bill on it that was signed into law or signed it as President (can't remember which, but it was in 2017 or 2018, I'd have to look it up). 9 and 10 I believe are carried over from RL.

As for witnesses, I'm still not sure it's a good idea to punish those who witness but don't report. Some people arent aware of who they can report to, or some people might witness it but are afraid of what would happen if someone found out they reported.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 09:53:38 PM »

So, there are a number of problems with this bill. For starters, while I abhor animal fights, sending someone to prison for 15 years for witnessing a dog fight seems extreme. Also, Frémont cannot outlaw anything "federally" (we are not the federal government). §6(3) strikes me as very odd, and while I don't disagree with the principle, I'm not sure why it was included.

I agree with the Congresswoman on the constitutionality of §8; Frémont does not control international transport.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 05:13:02 PM »

Since I guess nobody has anything more to say, I move for a vote.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 09:25:37 PM »

Seeing no objection, we proceed to a vote. Members will vote Aye, Nay, or abstain. Voting will last 48 hours or until all members have voted.

Nay.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 09:33:56 PM »

Due to the fundamental structural problems with this bill, most concerningly the attempts to make the legislation Federal, I have no choice but to vote Nay.
What concerns me most is that the Sponsor has made no attempt whatsoever to remedy the problems with his legislation in any way, shape or form.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2019, 09:47:46 PM »

Nay
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2019, 08:32:27 PM »

Nay.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2019, 09:00:40 PM »

With four votes against and one member not voting, the resolution fails.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies