LC 4.4: Lincoln Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:09:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 4.4: Lincoln Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 4.4: Lincoln Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act (Tabled)  (Read 1670 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« on: September 17, 2019, 04:49:45 PM »

I support this bill. We need to stop the sale of these horrible weapons of war.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 09:16:12 PM »

This bill does not take away people's existing firearms. Nowhere does it say that and nowhere has a supporter of the bill, to my knowledge, said that.

This bill is designed to curb the sale of these especially dangerous weapons that no private citizen has a need to own. One does not need to own a AK-47 in order to feel safe. Personally, I do not believe anyone needs to own any firearm to feel safe, but I recognize that I would not win the argument.

Simply having these kinds of guns around makes our region more dangerous. The theory of a good guy with a gun is a myth. Having more guns around means there are more opportunities for them to misfire in the grocery store, or for someone to get a case of road rage and open fire on the highway, or for a disgruntled teenager to lose their fight with mental illness at open fire in a classroom. I don't want to see these horrors happen any longer.

Lincoln must take action, and we must take it now.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 06:23:36 AM »

This bill does not take away people's existing firearms. Nowhere does it say that and nowhere has a supporter of the bill, to my knowledge, said that.

This bill is designed to curb the sale of these especially dangerous weapons that no private citizen has a need to own. One does not need to own a AK-47 in order to feel safe. Personally, I do not believe anyone needs to own any firearm to feel safe, but I recognize that I would not win the argument.

Simply having these kinds of guns around makes our region more dangerous. The theory of a good guy with a gun is a myth. Having more guns around means there are more opportunities for them to misfire in the grocery store, or for someone to get a case of road rage and open fire on the highway, or for a disgruntled teenager to lose their fight with mental illness at open fire in a classroom. I don't want to see these horrors happen any longer.

Lincoln must take action, and we must take it now.

It literally says in the bill that possession is banned.

The only way that can reasonably be enforced, is by taking away people's guns.

SECTION II: ASSAULT WEAPON BAN

1. There shall be a regiowide ban on the purchasing, sale, or possession of assualt weapons, these weapons include semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns, which can accept detachable magazines, as well as revolving cylindrical shotguns.

Did you even read the bill?

I did. But banning possession and taking guns away are, in my mind, different things.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies