Official Post your 2006 Senate Election Prediction Maps
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:33:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election Predictions (Moderator: muon2)
  Official Post your 2006 Senate Election Prediction Maps
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: Official Post your 2006 Senate Election Prediction Maps  (Read 119108 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: August 09, 2006, 07:05:23 PM »

Here's my prediction

I have areally good feeling that the Republicans will pull it out in MD and NJ. With MI I feel Stabenow is vunerable because 1. she is not a strong canidate at all 2. She was listed as one of the most incompentent Senators in the Senate 3. The Republicans picked a good canidate.     

I take it that as well as Michigan, you also haven't been paying much attention to West Virginia, Florida, North Dakota, Nebraska or New Mexico?
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #176 on: August 09, 2006, 07:22:50 PM »

Those are my mistake, I forgot to make all of those excluding MI red which they will deflintley go.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #177 on: August 10, 2006, 12:56:01 AM »

Here's my prediction

I have areally good feeling that the Republicans will pull it out in MD and NJ. With MI I feel Stabenow is vunerable because 1. she is not a strong canidate at all 2. She was listed as one of the most incompentent Senators in the Senate 3. The Republicans picked a good canidate.     

I take it that as well as Michigan, you also haven't been paying much attention to West Virginia, Florida, North Dakota, Nebraska or New Mexico?

Let alone about 10 or 15 states decide to randomly hold Senate elections in their off year and all vote Republican?

(And Bernie Sanders loses in Vermont).
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #178 on: August 10, 2006, 11:12:11 AM »

I just got tired of coloring the off year election ones gray, and VT I included Democratic because doesn't Sanders caucus with the Democrats.   
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #179 on: August 10, 2006, 12:03:34 PM »

Why the hell do you think Byrd will lose?
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2006, 06:33:19 PM »

Here's my prediction

I have areally good feeling that the Republicans will pull it out in MD and NJ. With MI I feel Stabenow is vunerable because 1. she is not a strong canidate at all 2. She was listed as one of the most incompentent Senators in the Senate 3. The Republicans picked a good canidate.  You explanation for a Republican victory seems very odd.

OK now that I updated your map are you serious about Michigan?  Weak candidate does not mean defeat.  Polls show her doing quite well and Granholm isn;t doing that badly so she can't drag her down.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2006, 07:29:26 PM »

Here's my prediction

I have areally good feeling that the Republicans will pull it out in MD and NJ. With MI I feel Stabenow is vunerable because 1. she is not a strong canidate at all 2. She was listed as one of the most incompentent Senators in the Senate 3. The Republicans picked a good canidate.  You explanation for a Republican victory seems very odd.

OK now that I updated your map are you serious about Michigan?  Weak candidate does not mean defeat.  Polls show her doing quite well and Granholm isn;t doing that badly so she can't drag her down.

Yes I am because I have a feeling that this election is closer then it looks also it looks like Dick DeVos could very well when and maybe by a confortable margin too, if this where to happen I think DeVos victory would carry over to the Senate race and ensure a narrow Bouchard victory.   /quote]
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2006, 08:29:12 PM »

2007 Senate Lineup: 51 R/47 D/2 I
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #183 on: August 11, 2006, 08:31:15 PM »

You apparently don't have much confidence in Lamont's chances of winning the general election vis-a-vis Lieberman, do you?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #184 on: August 11, 2006, 08:33:54 PM »

You apparently don't have much confidence in Lamont's chances of winning the general election vis-a-vis Lieberman, do you?

Lieberman is clearly the favorite to win.  That's not to say Lamont can't win; Lieberman was a favorite to win the primary too.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #185 on: August 12, 2006, 02:46:08 PM »

Funny, I used to give Tweed so much crap for being so overtly pessimistic (good thing that he's gotten over that though, maybe it was seeing that Bush's numbers are not going up) and now he has an identical map to mine (except with some percentage differences)

oh and re: Indiana, as Lugar doesn't even have a Dem opponent there's no way he's getting below 70% and even below 80% is very unlikely.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #186 on: August 12, 2006, 09:53:48 PM »

Lieberman has said he won't be "I-CT" he will be "D-CT".  It'll be red and leave it at that.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #187 on: August 13, 2006, 01:12:39 AM »

We still need to distinguish between him and Lamont winning in some way.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2006, 12:17:24 AM »

We still need to distinguish between him and Lamont winning in some way.

Maybe.  I was more commenting on Tweed's senate breakdown saying there would be 2 Independents.

Also, Lieberman is going to continue his current fall in the polls.  i just can't see him winning.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #189 on: August 15, 2006, 11:22:13 PM »

August 15 changes to my list:

The odd one:

I see CT as a Toss-up between D and I/D.  R has no chance.

Rest:

Michigan: Likely D to Lean D
Nevada: Likely R to Safe R
Pennsylvania: Likely D to Lean D (ya, I expect to get some laughs about this.  I still Santorum's going to lose, just perhaps by not as much)
Ohio: Toss-up to Lean D

Comments:
I might move Minnesota to Likely D if I see another poll (independent and not Star-Tribune) validate Rasmussen's last number.

I am suspicious about Montana.  The only poll that has showed the race outside MOE is the poll one month ago from Raz that is quite different than his most recent one.  Rest assured, the next M-D poll will determine whether I can the race Toss-up or Lean D.

I am unsure about Rhode Island.  Only Rasmussen has polled there recently, and I am leery to make moves on Senate races based on one poll.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2006, 06:41:16 PM »

I'm putting Connecticut in Lean I/D.  If Lieberman keeps pulling this number of Republicans, he's going to be hard to beat.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #191 on: August 21, 2006, 04:26:24 PM »

Moving Virginia to Lean R.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #192 on: September 20, 2006, 09:13:09 AM »

Tell me if you think I'm nuts.

https://uselectionatlas.org/PRED/SENATE/2006/pred.php?action=indpred&id=1358

Comments (from prediction page)

I predicted New Jersey and Nevada switching because there is always the possibilty for surprises.

Most of all these predictions are really guesses, but based on the rasmussmen polls.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #193 on: September 20, 2006, 09:32:25 AM »

Yeah, I think you're nuts. Nevada ain't gonna switch, Ensign is leading by a lot in most polls.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #194 on: September 20, 2006, 09:33:29 AM »

Since Lieberman says that he is a Democrat I will take him at his word.
Connecticut therefore will be Democrat whoever wins. For the purposes of this prediction Connecticut is 'red' and who wins is irrelevant (but only as far as the predicting the outcome).
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #195 on: September 20, 2006, 09:38:39 AM »

Yeah, I think you're nuts. Nevada ain't gonna switch, Ensign is leading by a lot in most polls.

I was going by rasmussen which had Ensign at 46% back on 8/7 which is of course a very old poll. If there is a more recent one I would be interested to know. I admit that it is a long shot, but as I said, expect some surprises. If there are no surprises, than in itself would be a surprise.
The poll had Ensign's opponent at 39%, a 7% difference.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #196 on: September 20, 2006, 09:48:43 AM »

I was going by rasmussen which had Ensign at 46% back on 8/7 which is of course a very old poll. If there is a more recent one I would be interested to know. I admit that it is a long shot, but as I said, expect some surprises. If there are no surprises, than in itself would be a surprise.

Two most recent polls: Mason-Dixon at 10th of August giving ENsign a 21%lead, 54 to 33 and Survery USA a couple of weeks ago ,also saying a 21% lead (56 to 35). Ensign has constantly been ahead by double digits in all polls save for that one Rasmussen poll.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #197 on: September 20, 2006, 09:51:42 AM »

Two most recent polls: Mason-Dixon at 10th of August giving ENsign a 21%lead, 54 to 33 and Survery USA a couple of weeks ago ,also saying a 21% lead (56 to 35). Ensign has constantly been ahead by double digits in all polls save for that one Rasmussen poll.

OK, but I think I'll stay with my predictions as is.  Although in my confidence map I pretty much conceded that anything can happen. If I start changing my predictions now I will risk even greater failure.
Call me nuts, but then I am what I eat.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #198 on: September 20, 2006, 06:23:21 PM »

Check out mine. Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star