Post your 2006 Gubernatorial Election Prediction Maps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:37:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election Predictions (Moderator: muon2)
  Post your 2006 Gubernatorial Election Prediction Maps (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Post your 2006 Gubernatorial Election Prediction Maps  (Read 71319 times)
Soaring Eagle

« on: February 15, 2006, 07:51:41 PM »

Soaring Eagle

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 08:58:40 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2006, 09:27:12 PM by Soaring Eagle »

Likely to switch/vulnerable seats:

2. Arkansas - a little cheeky, but this is a very Dem state on the local level and the Democrat is leading in polls. Also, isn't Hutchiunson a former GOP senator? I have my doubts about running ex-electe officials (kind of like Mattingly in Georgia)

7. Illinois - Impopular incumbent who seems to have a strong opponent in Topinka, whom I think he trailed by as much as 11 points in the last poll. On the other hand, he's a Democrat in a Dem state. Marginal GOP lean.

Asa Hutchinson is the erm... sibling of former Arkansas Senator Tim Hutchinson, who was defeated for reelection in 2002 by Mark Pryor, which is another reason for a Democrat to win the governorship in AR.

Your assessment of Illinois is pretty accurate. Topinka is pretty much the only Republican statewide office-holder, and is the best candidate the GOP could produce (her major opposition comes from Jim Oberweis, who is too right-wing while Topinka is relatively moderate). However Governor Blagojevich has a health care plan in the works, which, if passed, could be enough to secure his reelection. I wouldn't exactly call it a GOP lean, though. But that's just me.

Soaring Eagle

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 09:26:38 PM »

Really? I read somewhere it was his sister...
Ah, well. You're probably right.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 07:05:06 PM »

Blagojevich approval ratings are really, really poor. When you're that impopular and you face a credible candidate, I say you're in trouble. I go by recent polls quite a lot, and the last one gave Topinka an 11 point lead. Unless that changes I'm gonna give her the edge.
Where is this poll? The last one I saw had Blagojevich leading. But yeah, he isn't that popular. He's a good guy, but gets a lot of negative press.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 02:29:46 PM »

This is my final prediction. I might make last-minute changes if anything happens in AK, ID, or NV, since those are pure tossups.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 01:12:42 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2006, 02:25:44 PM by Soaring Eagle »

This is my final prediction. I might make last-minute changes if anything happens in AK, ID, or NV, since those are pure tossups.

Lol, I hope you're not serious...

I am, though some of those could just as easily go the other way. ID, for example, came pretty much out of nowhere. Have you seen those polls?

I'm also tempted to give NV back to the GOP. I'm not sure how this whole bit with Gibbons is going to play out.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 06:26:25 PM »

Lol, I hope you're not serious...

I am, though some of those could just as easily go the other way. ID, for example, came pretty much out of nowhere. Have you seen those polls?

I'm also tempted to give NV back to the GOP. I'm not sure how this whole bit with Gibbons is going to play out.

Idaho I have no problem with, but Alaska? And Nevada? Not to mention Rhode Island...but, oh well. It isn't super-crazy I guess.

I'm a bit of a combination between an optimist and a hack. Wink

Last minute updates:
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies