Post your 2006 Gubernatorial Election Prediction Maps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:21:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election Predictions (Moderator: muon2)
  Post your 2006 Gubernatorial Election Prediction Maps (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Post your 2006 Gubernatorial Election Prediction Maps  (Read 71345 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: December 22, 2005, 12:37:38 AM »

Why on earth does everyone think Sanford is going to win in a landslide?  He beat Hodges in 2002 who was not particularly popular then by less than 6%.  Sanford will probably win in 2006, but almost certainly not with a double digit margin.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 01:00:00 AM »

I'm sorry, but I disagree.  This is a libertarian-cloaked in Evangelism governor, in a like-minded state.
I haven't seen any Sanford signs around here in Lexington County, but I have seen quite a few Lovelace signs.  Sanford has managed this past year to keep making the people who should be supporting him look for an alternative, and at this point, if he wins the primary it will be purely because of the power of being the incumbent and the fund-raising that goes with it.  In seven months he's gone from a net +18% approval to a net +3% approval and if he keeps slipping at this rate, he'll be down to a net -10% disapproval rating by the primary.  If Sanford gets into a fourth lackluster sparring round with the General Assembly again, the question won't be will Moore be able to beat Sanford, it'll be can Lovelace repeat beating the political pro a second time come November.

All that said, I still expect Sanford to get four more years, but it isn't anywhere near a lock, especially if we get more of Sanford's dog and pony show instead of something he can point to as an accomplishment.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies