Office of Governor-elect West_Midlander
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:03:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Governor-elect West_Midlander
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Office of Governor-elect West_Midlander  (Read 3771 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2019, 05:14:05 PM »
« edited: December 21, 2019, 10:41:05 PM by Southern Delegate West_Midlander »

Archived to repurpose the front page:

Campaign Office of West_Midlander for Southern Chamber (October 2019) - Raleigh, NC

Hey, y'all! It's been a long time and I've decided to make a bid to return to the Southern Chamber of Delegates to represent my native North Carolina once again.

I believe a prosperous society comes with being a compassionate society. We have a country where children are dogged to serve in our military in schools and those that bravely and selflessly do are treated as refuse when they return from doing the bidding of the immensely powerful military-industrial complex. I believe the best way to honor our veterans is to put diplomacy first and to end the wars.

We cannot abandon rural Atlasia. Many rural roads and other infrastructures are in a state of disrepair. Rural schools are strapped for funds and quality teachers. The suicide rate among farmers is terribly high compared to the national average. Small farms are closing and cannot compete with large corporate farms that unjustly receive federal subsidies in subversion of small family farms. Corporate farms contribute immensely to polluting rural communities and waterways and pushing out local families to make way for their operations. We have to break up the overly large corporate farms, empower small family farms and end the subsidies for the corporate farms.

I believe no one in this country should go bankrupt because they get a cancer diagnosis. No one should be afraid to seek preventative or beginning stage treatments due to cost. No one in this nation should die because they were afraid to seek help until it was too late. I believe anyone with the ability should be able to attain a bachelor's degree. In this country, when a high school diploma became the standard for gainful employment we made public high schooling free for all and we can do the same for four-year public universities. I believe the middle and lower class needs a substantial raise. For decades, wages have been stagnant for middle-class families (compared to inflation) while the rich have gotten immensely richer. I believe the financial industry is in dire need of regulation to protect the people of this country. As a multiracial bisexual man, I am a strong supporter of racial equality and LGBT rights, especially for the transgender community.

I believe in gun rights with some regulations. I was born and raised in rural Atlasia. In rural Atlasia, guns are a source of pride and a part of the culture. The gun violence epidemic in Atlasia is a jointly gun problem and a mental health problem. I consider myself pro-life, with exceptions for rape, incest, and if the life of the mother is endangered.

I would be glad to expand on any of the issues I mentioned or to comment on any I did not mention if needed.

Thank you for reading and I hope to earn your vote,
God Bless,
West_Midlander

Logos by HSTruman
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2019, 01:17:47 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2019, 08:06:30 PM by Southern Delegate West_Midlander »

Thursday, December 19, 2019 — Delegate West_Midlander kicks off re-election bid in Durham, NC

Source
In the coming election for Chamber of Delegates, I am asking for your support so I can continue my work here in Nashville. I have been active during this session, have voted for legislation across the partisan aisle and have been open to amending legislation I have put forth. I have authored many bills this session as well. I have written a total of 11 bills in this session and introduced 14. 2 bills I introduced have been signed by the Governor so far (out of 5 of the 14 brought to the floor thus far). In addition, I was co-sponsor on 2 bills, both of which have passed the Chamber and await the Governor's decision. I have introduced 78% of the legislation introduced for this session and have written 61% of legislation introduced this session.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2019, 04:52:59 PM »

Endorsed!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2019, 05:23:03 PM »

Happy to have your support again!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2019, 08:19:22 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2019, 09:19:55 AM by Southern Delegate West_Midlander »

Thursday, December 19: West_Midlander announces his bid for Governor

Source: The Hill

In a news interview: "...together we can revitalize rural Atlasia, curb the climate crisis and the outsourcing epidemic," Midlander said on a television program announcing his bid for the Southern Governorship.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2019, 09:39:20 PM »

Endorsed!!! Cheesy
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2019, 09:40:32 PM »

Thanks for your support, Mr. Governor!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2019, 07:32:17 AM »
« Edited: January 25, 2020, 08:07:50 PM by West_Midlander »

Questions for the Candidate: can be posted in this thread or you can send me a pm or Discord message (my username is West_Midlander#8125) if you prefer.

Campaign Platform Rollout

Savannah, GA
Friday, December 20, 2019

WM continues cross-South campaign tour, meets two Bush-doppelgangers among rally attendants
At a campaign rally in Savannah, GA, West_Midlander pledged to visit every Southern state during his bid for the Governorship. He also unveiled his campaign platform for the Governor's race at the Georgia event.

Abortion

I am pro-life. I believe life begins at the moment of conception. Concurrent with Roe v. Wade, in the second and third trimesters, abortion should only be allowed in the interest of protecting the mother's health or if a woman was the victim of rape. I would not seek to challenge Roe because this could open the door to a total ban in some states or regions, so I accept that no limitations can be placed on the first trimester.

Economic Issues & Climate Change

Being pro-life, for me, continues after birth. I want to help us all up together, to a minimum standard of living, realized through a Green New Deal to ensure our children and grandchildren have a habitable planet to live on, through affordable housing and increasing benefits for our veterans and seniors because they served our country in our armed forces or in other industries, respectively, for many years and decades.

Insitutional, Banking & College Reform

Being pro-life includes being pro-people which is why I support campaign finance reform, free four-year college for all, including community college, and trade and vocational schools. Being pro-people means supporting banking reform including restoring Glass-Steagall.

Women's & LGBT Rights

I am a supporter of women's rights and LGBT rights. I support Equal Pay for Equal Work and the Equal Rights Amendment. I support the Equality Act (Meta). I support the intersex community, the asexual community, my friend The Trans Community Wink, the trans community at-large, and all other members of the LGBTQIA+ family.

Energy

I support clean energy including nuclear.

Gun Rights

I support universal background checks but I do not believe them necessary when handing down a gun between family members. The gun-show loophole should be closed, however. Though I do not believe gun manufacturers should be held responsible for a tragedy because while a horrific turn of events, they cannot be at fault if their product, for self-defense or hunting, worked as intended. I don't support any gun bans. Truly, we have a mental health crisis and a cultural crisis on our hands where violence is not for gain but typically because a young man falls to the depravity of loneliness or to racial hatred (to find worth). I had supported gun licenses until a friend explained to me if the time ever came when a state, region, or the federal government wanted to ban guns it would be very easy to find who had them. As a result, I oppose gun licenses.

More Platform Information

Transporation
Public transportation is vital in our Southern cities because fewer cars in urban areas mean fewer emissions and less traffic. Emissions create smog, a scourge on the health of Southern citizens in larger cities. I believe dissuading car use to its current extent in cities (through the availability of public transportation) will be a boon to the health of the Southern people and to the environment by reducing smog and carbon emissions.

Campaign Announcement for Governor

Campaign Announcement for Delegate

Endorsements
in chronological order of endorsement
For Governor
Southern Governor Leinad
Chancellor of Lincoln S019
Representative Elcaspar
Fmr. Chancellor of Lincoln PSOL
Fmr. Pres. (among other offices) dfwlibertylover

Representative Razze
RG, Sec. of Federal Elections, & Southern AG Peebs

VP & Chair of Labor Pericles
Senator Peanut
Senator MB

Chair of the Peace Party & Fmr. Speaker of the House YE   
The Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O.)
Speaker of the Council of Lincoln OneJ
Fmr. Pres. & CoD Candidate weatherboy
Lincoln Governor Jimmy
Fmr. Chancellor of Lincoln Ninja

Citizen АndriуValeriovich
Candidate for Lincoln Council gracile
Citizen Politics Fan
Fmr. Rep. politicalmasta73
For Delegate
Representative Thumb21
Chancellor of Lincoln S019

The Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O.)

Party Key
in alphabetical order
Atlasian Future Party
Federalist
Labor
Nonpartisan organization/Independent
Peace

Campaign Itinerary
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2019, 02:23:28 PM »

Enthusiastically Endorsed!!!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2019, 02:26:16 PM »

Happy to have your support!
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2019, 05:06:43 PM »

Endorsed!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2019, 05:21:48 PM »

Glad to have you on board!
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2019, 11:11:33 PM »

I hope for the good of the Southern people for a civil race. After all, in this session of the Chamber of Delegates, we co-sponsored two bills that both passed and have voted for legislation authored by the other.

Anyhow, I would like to challenge my friend, colleague, and opponent in this race to a Gentleman's Debate on the issues.

I will of course be happy to debate you, Delegate, West_Midlander.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2019, 11:14:04 PM »

Endorsed! You’ll continue on the grand legacy started by Leinad in changing the South for the better.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2019, 08:06:27 AM »

Endorsed! You’ll continue on the grand legacy started by Leinad in changing the South for the better.
Glad to have your support!
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2019, 11:01:51 AM »

Endorsed! Hope to welcome you to the proud line of Southern Governors soon Smiley
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2019, 11:49:56 AM »

Endorsed! Hope to welcome you to the proud line of Southern Governors soon Smiley
Thanks for your support, Mr. President.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2019, 02:04:59 PM »

ENDORSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2019, 03:27:56 PM »

Thanks, razze!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2019, 03:36:23 PM »

Delegate West_Midlander's Holiday Message - Dec. 24, 2019 - Raleigh, NC

Source: CSPAN
I would like to wish all of my fellow Southerners a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or Happy Kwanzaa as we celebrate the holiday season with our families. I have not been campaigning during the holiday season (out of respect for the holidays) and will resume my tour of the Southern region on January 1, 2020.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2019, 12:34:14 PM »

Thank you for your support, Madam Secretary (of Federal Elections, my friend, Registrar General, and Southern Attorney General).
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2019, 12:45:14 PM »

Oh dear, I haven't endorsed you yet-big mistake! Strongly endorsed!
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2019, 12:55:50 PM »

Just saw this - endorsed bigly, of course!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2019, 01:31:09 PM »

Oh dear, I haven't endorsed you yet-big mistake! Strongly endorsed!
Just saw this - endorsed bigly, of course!
Mr. Vice President, Senator: Thank you for your support!
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2019, 01:37:53 PM »

you've got my vote
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length