October 2019 Federalist Convention, Atlanta, GA (Results +"Short" Yankee Speech)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:59:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  October 2019 Federalist Convention, Atlanta, GA (Results +"Short" Yankee Speech)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: October 2019 Federalist Convention, Atlanta, GA (Results +"Short" Yankee Speech)  (Read 5285 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2019, 12:37:41 AM »

First Leinad and now YE, its like guys are trying to get Adam to post in here. Tongue
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2019, 12:40:56 AM »

First Leinad and now YE, its like guys are trying to get Adam to post in here. Tongue

I wasn't but now I'm going to ask him to just because you said that Tongue
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2019, 12:47:18 AM »

Maybe the Liberals had a coherent ideology,

Congrats President Pericles, I think Adam just suffered an aneurysm from seeing this even pondered. Tongue

I knew phrasing it that way would get someone's attention Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2019, 01:50:39 AM »

Wait Yankee who was the first cult leader

I did say that is "twice led to defeat". I didn't necessarily say there were two leaders.

Guilty conscience perhaps? Tongue
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2019, 02:15:42 AM »

I did say that is "twice led to defeat". I didn't necessarily say there were two leaders.

What was the first defeat then?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2019, 02:53:55 AM »

What was the first defeat then?

The Reformation of Labor and subsequent loss resulting from it.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2019, 10:18:55 AM »

I will say, looking at the "New Register" and especially at the "Candidate Declarations" thread, it looks like the Federalist party got together a lot faster than I thought it would.

Granted these efforts come 2 weeks to late, but still Tongue I guess Fremont's elections next month will be the first test.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2019, 11:09:14 AM »

I will say, looking at the "New Register" and especially at the "Candidate Declarations" thread, it looks like the Federalist party got together a lot faster than I thought it would.

Granted these efforts come 2 weeks to late, but still Tongue I guess Fremont's elections next month will be the first test.

In my speech, I have a section called "if not us, who"

In 2015, PiT didn't become active until after Feb 2015 acted as a wake up call.

It is easy to think someone else can do it. Especially when someone like DFW or YT is around.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2019, 11:43:14 AM »

Keep in mind Labor post-October 2017 initially showed signs of revival before not even putting together a full House slate. Let’s wait and see.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2019, 12:46:06 PM »

Keep in mind Labor post-October 2017 initially showed signs of revival before not even putting together a full House slate. Let’s wait and see.
Step one done Tongue
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2019, 04:17:22 PM »

Also running for vice-chair. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2019, 05:02:44 PM »

And now, my stump speech. 

I fully agree with Chairman Yankee that we have arrived at a critical time for our party.  We find ourselves in a weakened state, and being defeated at every turn by the Left.  This must change, not only for our sake, but to ensure the survival of the game.  Let's face it, nobody wants to play a game where they lose all the time...it's not fun. 

This being the case, how do we strengthen our hand (so to speak), and make things competitive again? For inspiration, I look to the example of the Connecticut Republican Party.  Connecticut has been a Democratic stronghold for a number of years; nevertheless, the tide is starting to turn in favor of Republicans (we're very close to holding a majority in either one of the two chambers). 

That begs the question; how did this reversal of fortune happen? Simply put, the party focused on its message, and things that unite rather than divide.  I believe that we need to do the same thing; that is, preach unity instead of division, and appeal to logic and reason.  Don't just take positions on things, explain why your position is stronger than that of a Labor candidate. 

Also, we need to have a strong and organized party.  This includes coming together with our fellow "righties" who aren't Federalists per se.  If we can unite in terms of message and purpose, we will soon find ourselves in a better position.   

Yankee talks of change, and I agree that change is needed.  To make an analogy, the situation is as if we have a cut on our arm.  Now, everyone knows that you don't treat a cut by poking at it, and thereby making it worse.  You heal by putting Neosporin (sic?) on the injury, covering it with a bandage, and leaving it alone. 

Recently, it seems that we have made more than a few blunders; we're poking at the cut, so to speak.  This has weakened us, and allowed the Left to acquire power.  It's time for us to bandage up our wounds, and heal as a party.  This is what I want to do as vice-chair; preach unity, make our case, RECRUIT NEW MEMBERS, and make Federalists competitive once again.  I ask for your trust in this endeavor, and your vote. 

"We're in hell, gentlemen...(And) either we heal now, as a team, or we will die as individuals" -- Al Pacino in "Any Given Sunday"
FairBol
United States

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2019, 05:05:20 PM »

Here's the scene from "Any Given Sunday" that I referenced in my speech.  Apologies for the vulgarity. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2019, 05:15:44 PM »

Just an addendum. 

The clip specified talks of "fighting...back into the light".  We aren't in a good place right now...but I am willing to fight to get back to a good place.  I am willing to stand beside my fellow Federalists, and "claw with (my) fingernails" for the things we hold dear....liberty, justice, and prosperity for all.  We may not succeed in our fight....but I'm willing to walk through the fire, and enter the battle. 

That's really what life is about....what are you willing to fight for? What are you willing to do to make sure that those who come after you are free? I'll do anything and everything in my power to make things work.  I ask that you stand beside me, give me your vote, and "fight the good fight".  Thank you. 
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2019, 08:30:48 PM »

Even though I am new to the game, I am asking for an endorsment for the Lincoln Council elections in January 2020. I know it is very far away but we need to start soon. Currently, the Lincoln Council is made up of 2 Labor councilors and 1 Peace councilor. By adding a right wing voice to Lincoln, we can help move it on the right path.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2019, 11:50:33 PM »

Even though I am new to the game, I am asking for an endorsment for the Lincoln Council elections in January 2020. I know it is very far away but we need to start soon. Currently, the Lincoln Council is made up of 2 Labor councilors and 1 Peace councilor. By adding a right wing voice to Lincoln, we can help move it on the right path.

Definitely important. Probably will handle that in December. The bylaws currently have a 4 week rule to prevent primaries from being held to early.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2019, 12:04:00 AM »

Greetings my fellow Federalists at this wonderful convention at Atlanta, GA in the South. I am running for Vice-Chair because I believe in not surrendering when things get tough and despair takes over rational stable thought. I'll say it like it is. We have been utterly thrashed in the previous few elections. This is a result of complacency among our party. The elections last weekend have really been a wake up call to action that led to many of us in the party to take a real good reality check of the situation. It made us realize that either we make the changes we need or we risk losing everything that's good in the game.

Now, I believe we are just beginning to head back on the right track as we have a superb House slate lined up for December, and we have a good team of leadership including those also running for Vice-Chair. Ultimately, Vice-Chair is merely a title. We can't get back what was ours in the game as whole unless we all pitch in and do each of our parts to allow us to win again. I know lfromnj, ReaganClinton, and Fairbol all have great things to bring to the table, and we will continue working for this glorious cause. Under my leadership alongside the legend, NC Yankee, we will rebuild an Atlasian right we all can be proud of. We need to embrace our diversity of talents and personalities so that we can move forward in a way that benefits us all. Anyone who is willing to contribute in good faith to our cause should be welcomed with open arms. Recruiting must be a priority alongside actually integrating and getting those who register with our Party to get engaged and have a real stake in our party winning and growing further.

I have always been about supporting a proper balance in all situations since that's how you build and maintain a solid movement that can last rather than let it be an ephemeral cult. I believe in being fair and just to those who are willing to take on the challenge of running for and serving in offices, especially new people. However, respect must be earned as much as it's given, and that is the social contract of mutual success in the game. I have seen plenty of crazy and unnecessary drama unfold over the past two years that I've been in the game and a Federalist. This contributed to my perspective on handling party affairs and leadership.

Thank you all very much for reading this. Whether or not you vote for me for Vice-Chair, I hope we all unite and work to take back the power in the game we love and cherish.
diptheriadan

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2019, 06:23:57 PM »

Can I sign in to vote still?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2019, 06:24:20 PM »

Yes
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2019, 06:29:14 PM »

Not sure if I needed to sign in lol
X lfromnj
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2019, 06:36:32 PM »

Its just a formality, jeez Tongue
diptheriadan

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2019, 06:36:39 PM »

X diptheriadan
FairBol
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2019, 05:17:48 AM »

Mr. Chairman,

If it is in order, I nominate the following cities to host the next convention:

• Charlotte, NC
  • Norfolk, VA
  • Phoenix, AZ
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2019, 08:58:14 AM »

X Logan Palmer
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2019, 09:00:43 AM »

Mr. Chairman, I second FairBol's nominations of Charlotte, NC and Phoenix, AZ to host the next convention. I would also ask the party to consider New York, NY and Hartford, CT as possible sites.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies