October 2019 Federalist Convention, Atlanta, GA (Results +"Short" Yankee Speech) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:49:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  October 2019 Federalist Convention, Atlanta, GA (Results +"Short" Yankee Speech) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: October 2019 Federalist Convention, Atlanta, GA (Results +"Short" Yankee Speech)  (Read 5305 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« on: October 25, 2019, 12:31:51 AM »

I agree in full with what Yankee said. The federalist party does have structural disadvantages but a coalition of moderate, conservative and libertarians should be enough to get you at 45% and win sometimes presidential elections.

If you do not fix your problems, Labor party will soon collapse too and the game will die.

Or you could get a game mostly between two leftist parties, or perhaps a leftist party and a centrist party, while the right wins a house or reg leg seat here and there but nothing else. If the 'right' is simply not suitable for the registration of the forum, the game may very well evolve to suit that reality. Remember, the Labor Party dates back to 2012, but the game itself dates back to 2004. The presence of the Labor and Federalist Parties is not essential to the life of the game.

Such coalition could have unintended consequences that you don't realize. It seems fun and dandy on the surface. LETS HAVE RADICAL CENTRISTS 24/7 SINCE MODERATE HERO LEFT POLITICS IS SO AWESOME! But it's one of those things that don't work.

This game and forum as a whole (and becoming increasingly so) is split between left and right. There's a much less defined natural split on the left on Old Atlas, and thus a left versus center-left split would be more vulnerable to personality cults. THIS GAME CAN NOT BECOME A CULT DRIVEN GAME.

This somewhat played out in 2012 as well, dominated by Nappy, a bottom 3 worst president in history.   

Also at this point Labor's 2018 revival has me convinced that the two parties will more likely than not never die. If Sestak could use the Labor brand to revive the party and seven weeks later topple the most iconic player to ever appear on the voting roles (sorry Adam, I love you but it's true), it's very difficult to imagine there going an extend period of time in which their brands are not present barring a collapse of the game of sorts. Now to be fair, their composition/ideology will change over time (2013-15 Labor is very different from 2016-17 Labor which is different from current Labor) but the two main parties are entrenched.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 12:40:56 AM »

First Leinad and now YE, its like guys are trying to get Adam to post in here. Tongue

I wasn't but now I'm going to ask him to just because you said that Tongue
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 02:15:42 AM »

Wait Yankee who was the first cult leader

I did say that is "twice led to defeat". I didn't necessarily say there were two leaders.

Guilty conscience perhaps? Tongue

What was the first defeat then?
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 11:43:14 AM »

I will say, looking at the "New Register" and especially at the "Candidate Declarations" thread, it looks like the Federalist party got together a lot faster than I thought it would.

Granted these efforts come 2 weeks to late, but still Tongue I guess Fremont's elections next month will be the first test.

Keep in mind Labor post-October 2017 initially showed signs of revival before not even putting together a full House slate. Let’s wait and see.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies