October 2019 Federalist Convention, Atlanta, GA (Results +"Short" Yankee Speech) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:53:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  October 2019 Federalist Convention, Atlanta, GA (Results +"Short" Yankee Speech) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: October 2019 Federalist Convention, Atlanta, GA (Results +"Short" Yankee Speech)  (Read 5266 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: September 23, 2019, 09:46:34 AM »
« edited: November 02, 2019, 12:22:16 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

October 2019 FEDERALIST PARTY CONVENTION
Welcome to Atlanta, GA

Our Mission: Is the empowering individuals instead of government and the empowering of regions instead of the centralized state. We are committed to liberty and equality for all, and the checks and balances that protect both. We are committed to the preservation of markets and market choice. We welcome all players, both new and old and value their contributions to the game.

Current Bylaws
Current Platform

Schedule
Delegate Sign-in: Sept 23rd - 26th

Declared Candidates

Federal:
President:

Vice President:

House:

Regional:

Senate:
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 09:46:46 AM »

PLEASE SIGN IN

Delegates
X Senator North Carolina Yankee - Party Chair.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 09:47:06 AM »

X Senator North Carolina Yankee - Party Chair.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 10:29:16 AM »

I realize we are now a bit behind and I apologize for that, but real life issues came up.

Anyway I am giving 48 hours to finalize all declaration for offices in this thread. If you have declared in the declaration thread and you want the Federalist nomination (including registered Fed candidates) please declare in this thread ASAP if you have not already.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 12:31:07 AM »

I am opening a 48 hour declaration period for Leadership and Convention Cities.

And this vote actually will happen. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 12:31:25 AM »

I declare for another term as Party Chair.

Speech to some in short while.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 02:16:40 AM »

I will keep this brief.

To begin with, I want to thank Encke's for his service as Vice Chair and I hope that someday soon he will be able to return to and continue to contribute both to the Party and to the game as a whole.

We face a critical time, a critical time for this party and a critical time for this game. I am convinced that this game is at its best when it is competitive and competitive based on ideas, policies and principles. This game will neither be stable nor healthy long term if we remain in our present state with an overly dominate left.

Right now on the other side we have two very skilled people promising and pledging to maintain and extend what is at present an over extended Labor Party and a lopsidedly imbalanced game. If they follow through on those promises, Labor itself will be dead within one year, and so will the game as a whole. Either a mass effort for mutual dissolution or the splintering of the "Single Party" state, will be the inevitable result if things continue as they are.

I have long believed that this game is strongest when we build up, not tear each down. I believe that if we are to be successful as a right in challenging the left and winning back control of the government, we are going to have to emphasize building up and we going to have to stop focusing so much on who we want to destroy.

For too long, the go to strategy has been to identify someone on the left for destruction and then try and turn everyone else against them. This was the case with Adam, with Pericles and with many others. This very strategy has failed as time and again. It was this brain dead strategy that revived Labor and left us in our weakened state. Such hijinks, while they may sound good in the echo chamber, achieve a self defeating result. If the strategy succeeds, guess what the divisive component is destroyed and the left reunites. Therefore, it doesn't work.

Furthermore and I know this will pain some folks with delusions of grandeur but, THE ERA OF CULTS is over. Here again, the strategy of collecting a diverse group of people as supporters around a single solitary Federalist, has twice led us to ruin. When the cult leader departs, the adherents default to their comfort zone and the end is electoral disaster. We need to rebuild the  ideological factions based on principles and ensure that be they Conservative, Libertarian or Moderate that they are equally represented and fairly treated in our party.

We also need to attract swing voters, the proper way. 1. We have got to clean up our act and be respectful to people, including those we disagree with. 2. We have got to be the grown ups in the room. 3. We have to offer reasonable alternatives and proposals and 4. Derive support from success and accomplishment in office. While personality voting and such forth will likely remain a fixture in the game and thus a component of outreach, it shouldn't be the dominate means by which support is obtained.

It seems to me, that many people in his party expect someone else to make the changes necessary for us to win. The problem is that we don't have a lack of a skilled leadership offering the appropriate advice. The problem in this party is we have a membership that refuses to listen and forgets every bit of reason and common sense the moment they start hanging out with the wrong crowd with their turned baseball caps and their baggy jeans...

If you want to be successful, if you want to be able to win the Presidency at some point as someone who has done it twice, and helped many others pull it off I can tell you all that you need to do to make it happen. But if you ignore the advice and continue doing the same things you have done forever, you should be little surprised that nothing changes.

I alone, cannot make the changes necessary so that we can win. There is nothing I can do on my own that will give us victory. WE on the other hand must make those changes together. We don't have any of the advantages that the left has. We cannot just sit back and reap the rewards of the forum's natural lean, conservatives are far less willing to join just to be come zombies voters as well. Perhaps I might have missed it, but we don't have any lefties joining our side for the sake of a "conservative persona". And we most certainly cannot fill our ranks with the legions of ex lefties who evolved into Conservatives. We have nearly always faced disadvantages and yet through hard work we overcame tough odds before for the sake of the right and for the sake of the game.

It takes effort and determination, sweat and tears, blood and toil. In the modern day we have become lazy, weak, disinterested and distracted. We divided ourselves instead of focusing on what unites us. We forgot why we sought office in the first place and we neglected to maintain the wall of separation with RL US politics, a firewall that literally protected us from getting torched to death. We surrendered most of the positives that made us so different from the RL GOP and still lost a huge chunk to a breakaway movement. And yet instead of learning the lessons, we doubled down on failure and we have seen the results of that.

We have been here before, and we came back before because just FOUR people stood up and said no we will not go quietly into night, we will not be silenced and we will not let this party die. We fought the radicals for own survival long before anyone else had to for the game's survival and we can claim to have beaten them twice.  Even if three of those four have left, gone inactive or evolved, I AM STILL HERE and I want to fight back with your help.

To fight back we have to know what we are fighting for. This party has always been a constitutionalist party and we believe in the rights of the regions. We believe that spending should be paid for. We believe that life should not be just an afterthought and that our regional bans on late term abortion are maintained (enacted where repealed). We want an education system that works and we support a healthcare system that respects both choice and the regions (like we have now) while helping those who need it. For years we were able to unify and win a broad coalition of people on these principles in game and we stuck to them like glue and maintained a thick and high wall of separation from the cesspool that is the real life politics. We also believe that this game should be open to all participants, not who the establishment or some elitist clique deems worthy of entry. But at the same time, we must respect and value each other and the contributions we all bring to the table, regardless of who or what they are.

If you are up to the challenge, if want to set a higher standard. If you agree with most of our core tenants and you think this game can be more than just a one party left state and a right that fumes excessively and irrelevantly on discord servers, then join me and help me rebuild an Atlasian right that we all can be proud of once again.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2019, 11:11:16 PM »

I agree in full with what Yankee said. The federalist party does have structural disadvantages but a coalition of moderate, conservative and libertarians should be enough to get you at 45% and win sometimes presidential elections.

If you do not fix your problems, Labor party will soon collapse too and the game will die.

Or you could get a game mostly between two leftist parties, or perhaps a leftist party and a centrist party, while the right wins a house or reg leg seat here and there but nothing else. If the 'right' is simply not suitable for the registration of the forum, the game may very well evolve to suit that reality. Remember, the Labor Party dates back to 2012, but the game itself dates back to 2004. The presence of the Labor and Federalist Parties is not essential to the life of the game.

Federalist Party was created by a merger of two conservative parties that formed after the RPP dissolved. JCP likewise formed from a branch of the dissolved JCP.

The JCP dates back to 2004. The RPP back to 2008.

The last time we had a party system as you describe, it was 2008. Elections were lucky to get 75 votes cast and the South elected a Governor with just 1 vote cast.

After the JCP and RPP dissolved, turnout and activity plummeted for the remainder of 2012. The Liberals dominated every Presidential election and no one else had a chance of winning. Considering the longevity and durability of centrist parties in this game going back over a decade, that wouldn't be a viable means of generating competition to the left. Its a recipe for disinterest, disengagement and decline.

We need a viable, big tent center-right party.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 12:27:20 AM »

Maybe the Liberals had a coherent ideology,

Congrats President Pericles, I think Adam just suffered an aneurysm from seeing this even pondered. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 12:37:41 AM »

First Leinad and now YE, its like guys are trying to get Adam to post in here. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2019, 01:50:39 AM »

Wait Yankee who was the first cult leader

I did say that is "twice led to defeat". I didn't necessarily say there were two leaders.

Guilty conscience perhaps? Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2019, 02:53:55 AM »

Wait Yankee who was the first cult leader

I did say that is "twice led to defeat". I didn't necessarily say there were two leaders.

Guilty conscience perhaps? Tongue

What was the first defeat then?

The Reformation of Labor and subsequent loss resulting from it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2019, 11:09:14 AM »

I will say, looking at the "New Register" and especially at the "Candidate Declarations" thread, it looks like the Federalist party got together a lot faster than I thought it would.

Granted these efforts come 2 weeks to late, but still Tongue I guess Fremont's elections next month will be the first test.

In my speech, I have a section called "if not us, who"

In 2015, PiT didn't become active until after Feb 2015 acted as a wake up call.

It is easy to think someone else can do it. Especially when someone like DFW or YT is around.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2019, 11:50:33 PM »

Even though I am new to the game, I am asking for an endorsment for the Lincoln Council elections in January 2020. I know it is very far away but we need to start soon. Currently, the Lincoln Council is made up of 2 Labor councilors and 1 Peace councilor. By adding a right wing voice to Lincoln, we can help move it on the right path.

Definitely important. Probably will handle that in December. The bylaws currently have a 4 week rule to prevent primaries from being held to early.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2019, 06:24:20 PM »

Yes
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2019, 06:36:32 PM »

Its just a formality, jeez Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2019, 11:26:23 AM »

I will extent the deadline for cities since no one nominated any previously and any further city nominations will be entertained through midnight tonight.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2019, 01:09:51 AM »

I will extent city nominations another 24 hours. Mainly because I couldn't resist the opportunity to show up the Discord wishful thinking by actually having the nerve  to hold an open question period for the VC debate.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2019, 01:58:51 AM »

I would have preferred Fairbol to answer the question  before starting but I would like to have this vote done by Saturday if practical.

This vote is for all currently registered Federalist and will last for 72 hours. Please preference the city and Vice Chair elections numerically and they will by calculated using IRV.

Official Ballot:
Chair:
[  ] NC Yankee

Vice Chair:
[  ] Fairbol
[  ] LFromNJ
[  ] LouisvilleThunder

Convention Cities
[  ] Charlotte, NC
[  ] Norfolk, VA
[  ] Phoenix, AZ
[  ] New York, NY
[  ] Hartford, CT
[  ] Camden, NJ
[  ] Toledo, OH
[  ] Sandy Hook, KY
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2019, 02:05:05 AM »

Official Ballot:
Chair:
[ x ] Fairbol

Vice Chair:
[ x ] Yellowhammer

Convention Cities
[ 1 ] Pripyat, Ukraine
[ 2 ] Sandy Hook, KY

Error: Invalid Entry ID Code 1415150191
Abort    Retry    Cancel
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2019, 12:10:04 AM »

just saying from an outside perspective, it would be dumb of the Feds not to vote for Lfromnj. He's practically the only one on the right who gives a sh!t.
Are you implying that I don't give a sh!t?
You've been decently active but Lfromnj has been doing all the recruiting for the Feds.

That isn't so. I recruited 3 new people and got 1 recently departed member back in past week and some change.

I love how Discord has these narratives get shot up in the air like balloons, especially when I get to pop them and bring them back down to earth.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2019, 12:14:20 AM »

Voting ends in two hours or so.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2019, 11:15:22 AM »

Official Results

Chair:
NC Yankee (13): LFromNJ, UlmerFudd, RC, Wazza, TPH, TheSaint, Dip, LT, reagente, Encke, Sunrise, LT, Fairbol

NC Yankee reelected as Chair

Vice Chair:
LfromNJ (7): LFromNJ, UlmerFudd, RC, Wazza, TPH, AZ, TheSaint,
LT      (6): Dip, LT, reagente, Encke, Sunrise, LT
Fairbol (1): Fairbol

Fairbol is eliminated

LfromNJ (Cool: LFromNJ, UlmerFudd, RC, Wazza, TPH, AZ, TheSaint,  Fairbol
LT      (6): Dip, LT, reagente, Encke, Sunrise, LT

LfromNJ elected as Vice Chair

Convention City: Toledo, Ohio
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2019, 11:16:25 AM »

Anyway the more dissapointing loss would be Toledo beating Sandy Hook

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you'll get what you need. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dfYcQ_r_x8
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2019, 12:19:46 PM »

I will make a brief set of remarks.

To begin with I would like to thank the members of the party for placing their trust in me once again to lead the Party in such a trying time. I would also like to congratulate LfromNJ on his election as Vice. I expect we be working to together for the next several...years.

We have been through highs and lows together and I am most definitely determined to see this one through just as we have all the others. It won't be easy, it wasn't easy in 2015 and it wasn't easy in late 2009/2010. One often finds that success can be short lived and fleeting. Just a few months ago (as can be seen in the OP to the Trillionth Federalist Party Thread), we had the Presidency, a closely divided house and a presence in all three regions, as well as outright control in the South. Just as it can be short lived, it is far quicker and easier to lose it all then it is to win it all back.

The amount of time that it takes for us to come back to power is directly correlated with the amount of interest, commitment and dedication to that effect from the members and the amount of collaboration and cooperation that exists among those people. The more drama, the more distractions, the more disunity, the longer it is going to take.

Another factor working against us this time, is the growing partisan radicalization as the RL poles ping pong us through mutual distrust and anger to ever greater division and hostility. This has clearly bled over into the game where we find ourselves trying to be competitive for the right in a game that has similar demographics to that of New York State.

Historically speaking, the Federalists have never been content to cede any of the three particular quadrants that we must unite as conservatives to win in this game. However, when the existence of a breakaway party that is centered on a particular quadrant has come to be, the Federalist Party has adapted to represent well the other two while still maintaining a foot in the door with the third. This is why the Federalist Party has typically always been able to reunite the center-right in this game. In 2014 when we had a strong presence of moderates and foreign policy interventionists, the Libertarians had a breakaway party. In 2015 when those moderates and foreign policy interventionists had a breakaway party, we shifted back towards libertarianism and conservatism. Likewise in 2017 when ACP first formed we shifted more moderate.

At the end of the day we are a big tent center-right party and we have to mind that position well and while adhering to our platform, which is rather conservative in general terms, we must never allow the ACP to pull us so far to the right as to make competitive elections impossible in this game. There are a number of fine ACPers in this game, some of whom I have known for many years. However, the ACP was formed with two objective 1) to allow us to avoid the heat as there members moved further and further right and 2) to shift the Overton Window to the right.

The problem is this has failed and while I don't desire to get into a Trends Board level discussion here, the main reasons are because 1. Political Science is often bullsh@$t and 2. Politics is heavily influenced by demographics, which yes can be changed but only to an extent. A much better understanding of political science is that politics is Newtonian and every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Therefore if a portion of the right moves right, then the left (which is naturally much larger) will also move left.   That is why number two above was always doomed to fail and furthermore it bears being repeated that the successes that the right had in 2017 and into 2018, represented the most success that the right had ever had in TEN years of me being in this game and things were even worse prior to that period (right didn't even exist in 2007-2008). That the ACP was formed in reaction to the "moderation" of this "most conservative period", with the hopes of pushing the game more to the right, one can clearly see the dubiousness of this.

There is now, not a single region in the game were a generic conservative much less a solid conservative can win with just conservative votes. In every single region, you need to win swing voters and a piece of the left (basically what we successfully did in 2017 and 2018).

The ACP has every right to exist and I am not going to spend any more of my time litigating the premises of their creation, I exhausted that in March. However, when it comes to point number 1 about sparing the Feds the heat, this has not happened and this is because of the herd dynamic that is created by Discord political servers and the rally around the flag effect created by the left attacking ACPers. This has drawn Federalists into a position where we get all the negatives of the ACP existing and none of the benefits.

I am more than willing to work with and help ACPers where it is practical and they meet us at least  halfway. I have the utmost respect for Muaddib and would like to some day see him as Governor and I think he could pull that off, but he has to convince moderate voters to trust him. It can be done, I have seen people in a similar position be able to win regionally after much effort and outreach.

That being said, if you want a competitive game again. If you want to elect center right people to the White House again and win House majorities, it is going to have to be us as Federalists that make it happen. We have to bring together a coalition of people, conservatives (even if minus some of the solid ones), Libertarians and moderates together behind a positive platform.
'

No one action or activity is going to fix these problems. We have to embrace all our members and all our diversity and emphasize the elements that unite all of us together as Federalists. Historically most all of our members have agreed on the basic premise promoted by a our name (it does have a meaning). The support for a Constitutional Federal Republic and all of the various provisions that protect it and stabilize it and the freedoms it enshrines. Rather than feeding the beast of extremism (again Issac Newton) by centralizing authority in the federal gov't, and thus triggering secessionist impulses, we need to push for a balance that respects the regions and empowers the federal gov't just enough to protect our constitutional liberties.

Contrary to some statements made in July by the left, we have a great record when it comes to the budgets, to cutting the deficit and to reforming entitlements responsibly and without leaving people to die in the streets in the process. Fiscal Responsibility doesn't have to mean austerity and we accomplished great strides in things like infrastructure and healthcare while making sure they were funded. If Ike could fund the highways and FDR could fund social security, there is no excuse for deficit funding any long term program or entitlement.

Regional action is vitally important and it is the key to forming a big tent.
A good example would be regional action on mid and late term abortion. We should fight to protect these and yet at the same time prevent or oppose attempts to undo them from on high.

At the same time regions should prioritize education and infrastructure with an emphasis on building stronger and healthier communities.
This achieves a conservative objective of creating stable communities and families, but it is most definitely an area where we can unite a broad coalition of people and appeal to swing voters. The federal government can then help by providing resources and other assistance to them.

In order to win in Atlasia again, we have to redefine Conservatism on this basis and break the intrusion of RL politics into the game along with its destructive behavior and penchant for sowing discord and division among us.

With that foundation for moving forward, we then need to recruit and engage people into our political culture. We need to do better at achieving results and making people aware of those results so that they have a reason to engage, turnout and participate more than what we have seen in recent times. Lastly, we need to reach out and convince people that we are not a bunch of crazy , right-wing extremists. We are a reasonable center-right that 1) truly wants to a game that welcomes all regardless of their beliefs, 2) wants competence and activity in government and 3) pursues fiscal sanity and responsible reforms to strength our communities and 3) will protect our constitution and the rights that it enshrines. This is the only path to victory and it is by embracing a new our principles and working to represent the larger base possible.

I invite every single Federalist, and every non-Federalist who is interested in making this a reality, to step up and let us work together, collaborate and with effort achieve victory together.

It's time to get up and start moving forward again!
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies