Predict the Democratic Primaries Round 2: South Carolina (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:40:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Predict the Democratic Primaries Round 2: South Carolina (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will win the South Carolina Democratic Primary?
Joe Biden

Cory Booker

Pete Buttigieg

Julian Castro

Kamala Harris

Amy Klobuchar

Beto O'Rourke

Bernie Sanders

Elizabeth Warren

Andrew Yang

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 89

Author Topic: Predict the Democratic Primaries Round 2: South Carolina  (Read 1356 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« on: December 01, 2019, 08:49:26 AM »

Looks like Biden is on track to get 45-55% of the vote when all undecideds settle. Sanders will probably take 2nd, with about 20% while Buttigieg and Warren get 5-15%. If the other candidates can get it down to a less than 20% margin between them and Biden, then that may be enough in delegates for them in this particular state. The deep south will be hard for anybody but Biden, so just narrowing the margin from a landslide to a blowout could be considered a "victory" with proportional delegates. Biden will do well with rural blacks (we may see >70% Biden in some precincts or counties) while Warren and Buttigieg do better than average in the urban centers of Charleston and Columbia and areas with higher than average college degree %. I expect Sanders to have the most even support throughout the state, but I think (like 2016) he'll do best with non-college whites in rural areas and better with urban blacks than rural blacks. The northwest will probably be Biden's weakest area, but right now I would expect him to still carry a plurality in every county, even if it's only 30-40%.

My prediction right now is this...

Biden: 52%
Sanders: 21%
Warren: 14%
Buttigieg: 6%
Others: 5%
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies