40 minute legal explainer on Ukraine. Worth your time.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:32:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  40 minute legal explainer on Ukraine. Worth your time.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 40 minute legal explainer on Ukraine. Worth your time.  (Read 546 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 29, 2019, 10:43:28 AM »

From a neutral, non-polical POV, this looks bad.

Really, really bad.

https://youtu.be/BD3my03ioio
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 10:47:48 AM »

Love this channel. Thought about posting the video here.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 02:36:18 PM »

Few people will watch a 4 minute video on the subject, let alone 40-minute. They should, but they won't.

Apologists with a remote sense of decency like fuzzy certainly won't, will remain convinced it's all just HooHa.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 02:38:22 PM »

Love this channel. Thought about posting the video here.

I scanned the forum a bit to see if someone had. I was surprised not to find a post about it.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 02:42:48 PM »

Few people will watch a 4 minute video on the subject, let alone 40-minute. They should, but they won't.

Apologists with a remote sense of decency like fuzzy certainly won't, will remain convinced it's all just HooHa.

And therein lies the problem. You can't fully fathom the severity of what Trump, Giuliani, and company have done from 10 second soundbites and a network news ticker at the bottom of the screen.

What makes me lol about this is, most scandals like this start with wrongdoing at the lower ranks, and then you see just how high it goes. This one started at the top, and we're trying to see just how far down the conspiracy goes.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 04:52:47 PM »

And therein lies the problem. You can't fully fathom the severity of what Trump, Giuliani, and company have done from 10 second soundbites and a network news ticker at the bottom of the screen.

What makes me lol about this is, most scandals like this start with wrongdoing at the lower ranks, and then you see just how high it goes. This one started at the top, and we're trying to see just how far down the conspiracy goes.

No one cannot. You are correct.

More importantly, for the 40-plus percent of the population that relies on Fox News and Facebook memes from conservative family / friends for most of their information , you can't pick up on it at all with 10 seconds or 10 hours of study. Quite the contrary, you can live in your own little bubble and believe s*** that simply is empirically false about what's going on. In fact, this is basically what has happened to our country over the last 20 to 30 years.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When I was 17 I thought that getting rid of the fairness Doctrine was going to be one of the most underrated destructive events in the history of American journalism and political discourse. I'm sad to say the effect was even worse than what I predicted.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 04:57:03 PM »

More importantly, for the 40-plus percent of the population that relies on Fox News and Facebook memes from conservative family / friends for most of their information , you can't pick up on it at all with 10 seconds or 10 hours of study. Quite the contrary, you can live in your own little bubble and believe s*** that simply is empirically false about what's going on. In fact, this is basically what has happened to our country over the last 20 to 30 years.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. When I was 17 I thought that getting rid of the fairness Doctrine was going to be one of the most underrated destructive events in the history of American journalism and political discourse. I'm sad to say the effect was even worse than what I predicted.

Even when it's a scandal they're using for their benefit I don't know if they take the tone to understand it. A lot of anti-Hillary people in 2016 seemed to think the Podesta and DNC emails were one and the same scandal with Hillary's email server just because both scandals involved the word "email."
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 05:23:25 PM »

Attention spans are for college educated LIBERALS who supported HILLARY.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 09:58:58 AM »

People like Fuzzy like to point out how many Republican voters completely turned on Nixon in 1974. The public back then relied on a fair media to give them the facts. There was no google to research these things yourself, even. You could educate yourself on all the fine details, but it would be an arduous process.

But the media did its job, and people saw Watergate for the scandal that it was.

Today the media is a complete disaster.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 02:40:35 PM »

Another (shorter) video debunking "bbbbut HeArSaY!!!1" talking point

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies