React to this Western County Map
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:29:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  React to this Western County Map
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: React to this Western County Map  (Read 1030 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2019, 10:07:13 PM »

https://www.yapms.com/app/?m=d5a
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 10:46:01 PM »

Very unlikely. What the hell happened?
538Electoral

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 10:56:31 PM »

Nope.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 11:25:54 PM »

How did Roy Moore win the Republican primary?
LiberalDem19

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2019, 11:35:55 PM »

How in the hell do you have so many Central Washington counties voting Democratic? Also nowhere in Oregon that is East of the Cascades will vote Democratic unless Trump has less than a 20% approval rating among election day voters, which is definitely not happening.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 11:48:38 PM »

Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 08:19:20 AM »

This map is way more plausible than any of the maps you are posting "react to" threads about.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 08:21:39 AM »

This map is way more plausible than any of the maps you are posting "react to" threads about.

I mean, it's obvious you believe that since you think Trump is headed for a double-digit defeat.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 08:27:24 AM »

No chance of Montana flipping, but Trump fails to make it to 50% there.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 10:37:23 AM »

How in the hell do you have so many Central Washington counties voting Democratic? Also nowhere in Oregon that is East of the Cascades will vote Democratic unless Trump has less than a 20% approval rating among election day voters, which is definitely not happening.

Trump came within 4% of losing Deschutes County, Oregon in 2016, which is quite clearly East of the Cascades. Do you still stand by the bolded part of your post?
538Electoral

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 10:48:39 AM »

I mean, it's obvious you believe that since you think Trump is headed for a double-digit defeat.

Solid's predictions remind me of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zerWCVpXTr8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC6PronzndM
538Electoral

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2019, 10:51:16 AM »

Your maps are kind of like repeating all those terrible 2016 predictions in my opinion.
LiberalDem19

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2019, 11:37:55 AM »

Trump came within 4% of losing Deschutes County, Oregon in 2016, which is quite clearly East of the Cascades. Do you still stand by the bolded part of your post?

Yes, I still stand by it. Trump isn't losing the popular vote by 6 in 2020.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2019, 11:52:31 AM »

Your maps are kind of like repeating all those terrible 2016 predictions in my opinion.

Also your opinion:

Clinton states that could realistically go for Trump (In my opinion)

-Nevada
-Colorado
-New Mexico
-Minnesota
-Virginia
-New Hampshire
-Maine

All were within 10% last time.

Trump's biggest possible electoral vote: 356
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2019, 01:31:01 PM »

Republicans literally just lost the popular vote by 7 in the US House in 2018. And he can definitely lose by 6 with approvals being much higher than 20%.
538Electoral

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2019, 03:30:25 PM »

Also your opinion:

-Nevada
-Colorado
-New Mexico
-Minnesota
-Virginia
-New Hampshire
-Maine

But did I ever say that this would be the map?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2019, 03:33:16 PM »

Also your opinion:

-Nevada
-Colorado
-New Mexico
-Minnesota
-Virginia
-New Hampshire
-Maine

But did I ever say that this would be the map?

It doesn't matter if it's in map format or not. A "realistic" scenario includes those states, in your opinion, while your earlier claim is that the county map that the OP posted is not. Considering how big the whiplash to this administration is in the west coast, the OP's map is certainly a lot more likely than New Mexico going for Trump.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2019, 03:38:03 PM »

Considering how big the whiplash to this administration is in the west coast, the OP's map is certainly a lot more likely than New Mexico going for Trump.

This map has counties that voted for Trump by 20+ points voting Democratic.
LiberalDem19

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2019, 03:39:47 PM »

Republicans literally just lost the popular vote by 7 in the US House in 2018. And he can definitely lose by 6 with approvals being much higher than 20%.

They lost by 7 in a midterm with a GOP president. And the open seats were almost all Republican vacated, so that helped the Dems in the PV.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2019, 04:00:24 PM »

Considering how big the whiplash to this administration is in the west coast, the OP's map is certainly a lot more likely than New Mexico going for Trump.

Sure, and there's that whole New Mexico thing. I'm not saying it's likely to happen, but someone who considers New Mexico voting for Trump "realistic," shouldn't be complaining about a mirror hack job.
538Electoral

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2019, 04:12:58 PM »

Sure, and there's that whole New Mexico thing. I'm not saying it's likely to happen, but someone who considers New Mexico voting for Trump "realistic," shouldn't be complaining about a mirror hack job.

I mean, Trump only lost the state by 8 points, NM's economy is booming and Trump's approval rating among Hispanics are on the rise. That's why I say Trump has a shot in NM.

It will be an uphill battle, But it could be a state that goes Trump's way especially if he's winning by a large margin nationwide.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2019, 04:41:48 PM »

I mean, Trump only lost the state by 8 points, NM's economy is booming and Trump's approval rating among Hispanics are on the rise. That's why I say Trump has a shot in NM.

It will be an uphill battle, But it could be a state that goes Trump's way especially if he's winning by a large margin nationwide.

Answers in order:

"Economy is booming" means nothing in the context of this administration.

Trump's approval among Hispanics in CERTAIN places is on the rise, and that bears no meaning in the West coast. This is just another washed out talking point.

He doesn't "have a shot."

And just plain no.

Finally, this is all beside my point. Hackery does not justify hackery, and rationalized hackery is still hackery.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2019, 09:00:25 PM »

So Trump replaced Pence with a pardoned Paul Manafort, slapped Warren on the debate stage and defended wife beating afterwords, and then there was a recession?
Eh, still wouldn't result in this map.
Fwillb21
Rookie
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2019, 11:53:32 PM »

Not happening. The only possibilities could be Placer and El Dorado in California as those areas include many former Bay Area residents.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2019, 12:00:04 AM »

That means you fundementally misunderstand Deschutes County. It's the fastest growing county in the state, most of the growth is coming from urban California, and Trump has no natural appeal there. It's similar to Maricopa or Fort Bend Counties, but on a smaller scale. Also, Hood River county is east of the Cascades and is safe Dem.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies