dfwlibertylover for Fremont Parliament
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:30:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  dfwlibertylover for Fremont Parliament
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: dfwlibertylover for Fremont Parliament  (Read 888 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2019, 03:31:43 PM »

This has nothing to do with RL politics, nor does it have to do with Atlasian politics.

The right has definitely changed. Part of that is the Trump effect, part of that is the internet. So much more of right-wing discourse is about "triggering" or ad hominem attacks. This has definitely made it's way to Atlasia (which does not exist in a vacuum--everyone here's perceptions are conditioned through RL politics, mostly American politics).

In some ways the evolution of the right is a good thing--conservatives are less likely to support pointless wars or be outright homophobic these days, for example. But the toxicity of The Discourse has obviously increased, and it would be ridiculous to say that hasn't made it's way into the ideology of the Atlasian right as well. In Atlasia the evolution is almost entirely bad--a few years ago you had me, dfw, Yankee, Ted, a saner version of you, etc., and we were able to actually have positions we could defend instead of basing our ideology around "trying to trigger the left as much as possible" and constantly repeating personality-driven narratives.

The toxicity of the internet right is basically a matter of fact these days. Not all conservatives on the internet are bad, of course, because it's a "trend" not a "law."

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2019, 03:33:33 PM »

Also legit I think I maybe called him this jokingly 3 years ago? You guys need to make your own nicknames!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2019, 03:39:20 PM »

This has nothing to do with RL politics, nor does it have to do with Atlasian politics.

The right has definitely changed. Part of that is the Trump effect, part of that is the internet. So much more of right-wing discourse is about "triggering" or ad hominem attacks. This has definitely made it's way to Atlasia (which does not exist in a vacuum--everyone here's perceptions are conditioned through RL politics, mostly American politics).

In some ways the evolution of the right is a good thing--conservatives are less likely to support pointless wars or be outright homophobic these days, for example. But the toxicity of The Discourse has obviously increased, and it would be ridiculous to say that hasn't made it's way into the ideology of the Atlasian right as well. In Atlasia the evolution is almost entirely bad--a few years ago you had me, dfw, Yankee, Ted, a saner version of you, etc., and we were able to actually have positions we could defend instead of basing our ideology around "trying to trigger the left as much as possible" and constantly repeating personality-driven narratives.

The toxicity of the internet right is basically a matter of fact these days. Not all conservatives on the internet are bad, of course, because it's a "trend" not a "law."

Plenty of folks on the right have defended their positions, which includes myself and others that you and the left have wrongfully attacked, and none of those had anything to do with "triggering the left". The fact that you guys want to make excuses and outright lie about people's records (which you and others on the left have done) to pretend you have some moral high ground speaks volumes.

Also, you are one of a handful of folks who really have no room to discuss "sanity", and that's purely based on your Atlasia behavior even when we were on the same side, not your RL stuff.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2019, 03:43:15 PM »

You can say what you want about your claim that you "tried to be friends with the right wingers", but when you go out of your way to try to  creep on them in places where you know you aren't welcome, that's not friendship.
The hilarious thing is you guys still haven't figured out certain aspects of last night. The sad thing is that you have become extremely toxic over the past year and a half, and you can say I'm "bitter" or whatever but at some point perhaps you will figure out that there's a reason so many people keep saying that to you. Surely it's just that everyone is snowflakes and that you are doing nothing wrong, right? Keep telling yourself that and I am sure things will keep going well for you in life! Seriously though, you take things wayyyyy too far with your supposed "jokes" and toxicity and I know plenty of right wingers who affirmed this last night
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2019, 03:46:07 PM »

You can say what you want about your claim that you "tried to be friends with the right wingers", but when you go out of your way to try to  creep on them in places where you know you aren't welcome, that's not friendship.
The hilarious thing is you guys still haven't figured out certain aspects of last night. The sad thing is that you have become extremely toxic over the past year and a half, and you can say I'm "bitter" or whatever but at some point perhaps you will figure out that there's a reason so many people keep saying that to you. Surely it's just that everyone is snowflakes and that you are doing nothing wrong, right? Keep telling yourself that and I am sure things will keep going well for you in life! Seriously though, you take things wayyyyy too far with your supposed "jokes" and toxicity and I know plenty of right wingers who affirmed this last night

The hilarious thing is that you still fail to realize the very important aspect that real friends don't go out of their way to creep on each other, especially when one friend expresses they aren't comfortable allowing you in that circle.

Preach all you want, but you are not a victim. You brought last night on yourself with your behavior.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2019, 04:23:00 PM »

Plenty of folks on the right have defended their positions, which includes myself and others that you and the left have wrongfully attacked, and none of those had anything to do with "triggering the left". The fact that you guys want to make excuses and outright lie about people's records (which you and others on the left have done) to pretend you have some moral high ground speaks volumes.

Also, you are one of a handful of folks who really have no room to discuss "sanity", and that's purely based on your Atlasia behavior even when we were on the same side, not your RL stuff.

I don't try to hide my "Atlasia behavior," what's done is done. I probably made some mistakes, but so did you, so did I would assume everyone. I am always open for discussing my record if anyone has actual things to discuss, instead of vague attacks!

I also find it lovely how you mention my "RL stuff," as if to say "I could definitely attack that, there's a lot of material there!" Especially since a lot of my Atlasia missteps, overreactions, and the like can be attributed to my own mental issues (which I also don't really hide from--maybe I should've, though, then people wouldn't have a reason to think I'm crazy!). Also saying I made mistakes due to RL issues is not really an excuse, of course, but again I am definitely not alone in that!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2019, 04:23:29 PM »

The sad thing is that I had a feeling you were going to say the bolded portion before I even got to that part. My friend, at some point you have to learn when to say enough is enough and actually own up to your mistakes instead of pointing fingers at the other side and not taking any blame for your actions.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2019, 04:50:30 PM »

The sad thing is that I had a feeling you were going to say the bolded portion before I even got to that part. My friend, at some point you have to learn when to say enough is enough and actually own up to your mistakes instead of pointing fingers at the other side and not taking any blame for your actions.

I have nothing to apologize for, nor would I see a reason to apologize to folks who don't deserve an apology.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2019, 05:16:24 PM »

The hilarious thing is that you still fail to realize the very important aspect that real friends don't go out of their way to creep on each other, especially when one friend expresses they aren't comfortable allowing you in that circle.

Preach all you want, but you are not a victim. You brought last night on yourself with your behavior.
I say that because I don't even have an account on there, so I wasn't spying at all, lol. It's the same thing as you sending me screenshots of stuff in the past, which we used to do frequently. Anyways I am sure we could go on and on all night in this argument, we both have tons of fuel to add to the fire, but let's not.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2019, 05:22:09 PM »

I have nothing to apologize for, nor would I see a reason to apologize to folks who don't deserve an apology.
You have quite a lot to apologize for, actually.

fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2019, 05:29:28 PM »

You're entitled to that opinion. Doesn't change anything.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2019, 05:37:04 PM »

Of course, and you're free to keep insulting people. But you're an intelligent person, you're better than that, and you should reflect on your behavior.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2019, 07:17:11 PM »

You know, upon seeing some more (and I didn't even ask for certain things, so have fun saying what you'd like!) I have noticed your criticisms tend to be reflections of your own, lets say, insecurities. You talk about me living with my mom, you live with your mom, you talk about obsessing about an election game, what do you think you've been doing for the past 2 1/2 years exactly? And as for "not being welcomed into communities" we were leaking stuff back and forth throughout 2017 and into a long portion of 2018, as recently as May 2019 even unfortunately. Speaking of which, go ahead and leak what I said about koopa and what you said about koopa, I said I agreed that I wasn't sure if koopa was transgender because it seemed sudden to me, it was a sh**tty thing to say on my part and a huge mistake trying to impress you (kind of sad I have to say such things to impress you eh, just goes to show how toxic that friendship was). I quickly realized it was bad to say and that it was a moment of immense awfulness on my part. So go ahead and partake in what you call cancel culture Smiley
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2019, 02:13:17 AM »

SUPER ENDORSED!!!!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2019, 06:38:52 AM »

Endorsed to trigger the cons
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2019, 06:07:37 PM »

STOP ❌ RIGHT THERE. THIS IS THE 🚔VIBE POLICE🚔 Me and the boys 👬 been watching 👀 you for a long time and we've decided it's time you give us a check. 🚨VIBE CHECK VIBE CHECK VIBE CHECK🚨 When was your last vibe check? I'm not seeing many vibes. EXPLAIN YOURSELF!

Which is to say I am dropping out because I don't want to crowd out any newbies Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies