Trump leads every democrat but Bullock in MT (Big sky poll)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:26:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump leads every democrat but Bullock in MT (Big sky poll)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump leads every democrat but Bullock in MT (Big sky poll)  (Read 2153 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2019, 10:01:15 PM »

Not the best pollster, but I do expect the state to trend Democratic in 2020 and potentially even revert to 2012 numbers, especially if Trump loses. I’m just not sure if our resident #populists Purple heart will like the trend map. Wink
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2019, 06:53:45 AM »

Bullock would make it somewhat competitive, but everyone denying Steve Bullock isn't a strong candidate for the general election is kidding him/herself. Sadly, he has no chance for the nomination, but if he were to the nominee, he would destroy Trump just like Joe Biden will.
He is a strong candidate, i agree (and i think few will deny it), but he's unlikely to win the nomination. And it's time for a Democrat who can pursue her / his ideals, and not a centrist candidate who will make the margin of victory bigger. Still, Bullock is a good guy, surely. Would vote for him as well (which i wouldn't do for Biden).
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2019, 07:16:31 AM »

Dems are best to spend money on TX, AK, KY, KS, GA, ME, CO & AZ Senate races. TN, MT and IA-Sen are too favorable to GOP. The Dems can get the Senate majority with a weak Prez Trump. Also, expand it as wave insurance

Watch for the consequences of impeachment. Pols who stand with our President even if he is obvioulsy involved in horrible activities by choice are possible swing votes. Joni Ernst, as an extremist in a moderate state, is vulnerable in a bad year for Republicans.

With 40% approval and 55% disapproval (the Q), Trump needs miracles, force, or fraud to get re-elected. He is in worse shape than was Carter at this stage

What Trump desperately needs a massive, universally popular foreign policy...

or military...

win?

oops.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2019, 08:09:41 AM »

If Trump loses, he probably wins Montana by the high single digits.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2019, 09:48:56 PM »

To put this in context, this poll is saying Biden's in MT where Obama was in 2008. Don't think that's totally believable. Nonetheless, there will probably be a decent swing to the left in MT. The worst performer of this poll is Harris, and even then it has her doing ten points better than HRC in 2016.

We can probably expect an at least 6 point to the left in MT in 2020. I don't think it'll be very close, but there's a decent chance it's within 10 points. Like others have said, Bullock should run for Senate. It's not hard to see him winning with a Dem Prez candidate losing by just under 10 points.

Obama lost Montana by 2, this has Biden losing it by 7. Pretty big difference. Obama came extremely close to winning the state outright. McCain only won with a plurality.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2019, 09:32:11 AM »

Yah Bullock running in MT Senate would make that race a tossup even with Warren as the nominee, with Biden it might be even Tilt if not Lean D given how incompetent the MT GOP is.
It's still sad he doesn't. Bullock would be a great senator I believe. Not my most popular though, but a great pick.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies