Opinion of these baptisms
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:34:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Opinion of these baptisms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: ^
Freedom baptism

Horrible baptism

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 18

Author Topic: Opinion of these baptisms  (Read 2017 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2019, 03:49:07 PM »

Side note: Harry, I work in refugee resettlement for Catholic Charities, which means I know exactly how condescending and contemptuous about Church teaching on personal morality* Catholics who accept Church teaching on social justice can get. Just yesterday one of my colleagues speculated that maybe the reason why our 80% Congolese Catholic ESOL class doesn't feel the same way about abortion that she does is "because it's a geopolitical issue". I'm aware that you are in fact aligned with a significant chunk of lay Catholic opinion on these kinds of issues and I'm sorry I mistook your habit of pointing that out for a claim to represent that sector of the Church more broadly.

*Which isn't the same thing as simply dissenting from said teaching (I've explicitly copped to points on which my personal sensibilities differ from official teaching on this very forum in the past and I'm sure I'll have occasion to do so again in the future).
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2019, 04:00:30 PM »

HB. Even though I don't believe in God, they are using the practice to push their political agenda. Disgusting.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies