Rate Maine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 09:32:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rate Maine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Rate the Maine Senate race in 2020
Likely D
Lean D
Toss-Up/Tilt D
Toss-Up/Tilt R
Lean R
Likely R
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Rate Maine  (Read 2342 times)
538Electoral

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2019, 03:18:32 AM »

Likely R. Despite Collins growing in unpopularity, All polls still show her comfortably ahead at this point. It will definitely be a lot closer than 2014, But I'd still expect Collins to win by 8-9%.
HarrisonL

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2019, 09:07:55 AM »

Gideon is a good candidate, and Atlas overrates Peters and Collins. I'd say its a tossup that tilts Republican. Collins still has the advantage, but that could change over the next year.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2019, 04:58:23 AM »

Likely R. Despite Collins growing in unpopularity, All polls still show her comfortably ahead at this point. It will definitely be a lot closer than 2014, But I'd still expect Collins to win by 8-9%.

Its ME and Collins ran on Obamacare in 2008 and 2014, you also thin AZ is Lean R and polls show a Slight Kelly advantage.  ME is fully winnable, next year, and only 2 polls have been taken
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2019, 05:37:26 AM »

Lean R
Roblox

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2019, 10:53:17 PM »

Damm, thought this was a presidential thread and voted lean d lmao.

Anyway, lean R for now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2019, 12:13:26 AM »

Polls now are meaningless, the Prez polls are showing  a Tsunami and the Senate races are showing status quo. Something will give. If its a true tsunami, the Senate will flip snd Dems will get 240 House seats
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2019, 10:02:27 AM »

I think she loses if Trump loses.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2019, 04:35:04 PM »

Yes, Collins is losing now
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2019, 10:30:31 AM »

Atm I think Collins loses
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2019, 01:00:29 PM »

And Trump almost certainly will lose Maine, though he will probably win ME-02 again. The decline of ticket-splitting doesn't bode well for Collins, and nor does her falling approval ratings.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2019, 07:35:15 AM »

Lean R
Justin Kaminski
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2019, 05:20:35 PM »

Safe D (voted Likely D in the poll because there is no Safe D option). Susan Collins is DOA.

Considering Trump only lost the state of Maine by 3%, It's almost impossible for a Republican to lose by a solid margin. Collins will lose a lot of support, but she is still going to win.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2019, 06:54:01 PM »

Safe D (voted Likely D in the poll because there is no Safe D option). Susan Collins is DOA.

Considering Trump only lost the state of Maine by 3%, It's almost impossible for a Republican to lose by a solid margin. Collins will lose a lot of support, but she is still going to win.

Last poll had Collins losing
Yoda
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2019, 03:11:59 AM »

I don't see how Collins can survive a Trump impeachment vote. It doesn't even matter how she votes at this point. She votes to convict, the crazy base will light themselves on fire and she loses. She votes to acquit, she is stained by the obvious and proven criminality of Trump and the Democratic vote is united against her and her mod/indie support collapses as the Dem candidate ties her to the criminal Trump administration for the entire campaign. Don't get why some think she is unbeatable in this environment. The one constant of Trump's life is sooner or later he destroys whatever - and whomever - he touches. 2018 was a preview, there's literally no reason to think 2020 will be a better environment for republicans given the near daily revelation of new high crimes and misdemeanors by this president. Collins, Gardner and McSally are cooked. Tillis is 50-50 at best. F&%# the GOP might even lose the Kansas seat.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2019, 03:34:04 AM »

AZ, CO, ME and NC tilt D
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2019, 05:02:25 PM »

The number of crossover votes for Collins is going to collapse in 2020 compared to the last time she ran in a presidential year. In 2008 probably about 20% of all Maine voters cast ballots for Collins and Obama. I would be really surprised if that number is more than 8-9% in 2020.

For the moment Collins in favored but it will be close. I think Maine is one of the few states that could swing slightly to Trump even if he loses, just given the demographic shifts we saw in 2016/18. Plus the Democrats will throw a decent amount of money on this race, which may go far since it's a small state.

If I had to guess now, I'd guess that Collins wins by 2-3% while the Democratic nominee wins by 3-4%
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2019, 07:18:01 PM »

The number of crossover votes for Collins is going to collapse in 2020 compared to the last time she ran in a presidential year. In 2008 probably about 20% of all Maine voters cast ballots for Collins and Obama. I would be really surprised if that number is more than 8-9% in 2020.

For the moment Collins in favored but it will be close. I think Maine is one of the few states that could swing slightly to Trump even if he loses, just given the demographic shifts we saw in 2016/18. Plus the Democrats will throw a decent amount of money on this race, which may go far since it's a small state.

If I had to guess now, I'd guess that Collins wins by 2-3% while the Democratic nominee wins by 3-4%

Collins is doomed
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2019, 10:36:10 PM »

Collins is doomed

No she is not. Her race is Lean Republican, and if Trump manages to come within single digits again, like in 2016 (and I believe he will), she will probably win, or at least come close. My current prediction is that she hangs on by about 3-4 percentage points, like Manchin and Tester did last year.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2019, 11:07:10 PM »

Collins is doomed

No she is not. Her race is Lean Republican, and if Trump manages to come within single digits again, like in 2016 (and I believe he will), she will probably win, or at least come close. My current prediction is that she hangs on by about 3-4 percentage points, like Manchin and Tester did last year.

Cook has the ratings tossup, at this point
Epaminondas

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2019, 08:47:12 AM »

Why is her vote on impeachment considered such a big deal?
It seems clear she'll vote to remove to please the Dem base, all while making sure her vote isn't necessary to clear him, to please the Rep base.

After all, that's what she's done for the past 3 years (save her curious vote in favour of Kavanaugh).

Just the other day she voted down an appellate court Trump nominee, after making sure he had 51 votes to pass without her.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2019, 09:48:35 AM »

Collins is done
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to: