MoScout Poll : Parson leads Galloway 53/41 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:03:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MoScout Poll : Parson leads Galloway 53/41 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MoScout Poll : Parson leads Galloway 53/41  (Read 1992 times)
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« on: October 17, 2019, 02:21:17 PM »

May I ask which "personal qualities" make Kander more "relatable" and a "stronger challenger" than Galloway? Presumably the same "personal qualities" that make Jon Tester more "down-to-earth" than Kathleen Williams, Amanda Curtis, and Kim Gillan? Smiley

Beyond being a vet (which does score a significant number of points in MO), Kander had a very strong and underreported pre-existing relationship with the Kansas City African American community, and was also decently well-known among the suburban and affluent communities already trending Dem in Clay, Platte, and Buchanan counties, as well as the portions of Kansas City north of the Missouri River (much more affluent and conservative than the city as a whole). He began with a big head start in this densely populated area that Blunt's campaign didn't realize until very late in the game.

I understand the point of this post was to point out sexism, which I agree with 100% and especially in the cases you mentioned. In this particular case, though, Kander was uniquely positioned as a challenger due to his pre-existing ties and cultivated support.
Huh?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies