LC 4.13: Increasing Council Transition efficiency SOAP amendment (Final Vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:58:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 4.13: Increasing Council Transition efficiency SOAP amendment (Final Vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 4.13: Increasing Council Transition efficiency SOAP amendment (Final Vote)  (Read 463 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 15, 2019, 10:59:02 AM »

I would like to state my opposition to this bill. It is critical that each Council have an identity of its own and that newly elected Councilors have the opportunity to propose new business. Therefore, it makes no sense for an incoming elected body to be mandated to debate legislation proposed by an ousted government.

With pending legislation no longer eliminated (per this bill), new opportunities for exploitation by outgoing Councilors would arise. Under this law, should a disgruntled legislator wish to do so, they could theoretically disrupt the transition process by proposing dozens of bills immediately prior to dissolution. The new Council would have no choice but to introduce all of these bills, even if the original sponsor was voted out or otherwise removed from office.

I affirm that legislation worthy of passage would be re-introduced if necessary.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 11:38:09 AM »

This vote (and all others open at the moment) are invalid.
Per the Standing Orders, the Lincoln Council has been de jure dissolved for several days.

Section 4: Final Business
A. Pursuant to Article 1.15 of the Lincoln Constitution, the Council shall be dissolved 72 hours before general and snap elections.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies