The University of Mary Washington-VA: Double digit leads for all Democrats
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:48:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The University of Mary Washington-VA: Double digit leads for all Democrats
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: The University of Mary Washington-VA: Double digit leads for all Democrats  (Read 3234 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2019, 11:09:07 PM »

It's incredible that 2 years later now Virginia is a "D Safe" state on this forum.  In 2014 I was laughed at for saying Virginia was no longer a swing state because wealthy white suburbanites are now voting democrat.  But to say Virginia is a safe state or a state that Democrats can win by 15 points on the Presidential level is off.  I also suspect that Virginia's electorate is more favorable to democrats in off years because they rely heavily on college educated voters.  Virginia is a lean democrat state because there are more democrats than republicans but there are also lots of persuadable voters in the exurbs and even in Fairfax type counties, which means that if all the stars align Republicans can win it the way Obama won NC in 2008.
I kinda remember you from like...2017. Didn't you delete all your posts?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2019, 08:43:00 AM »

A 10+ lead for a Democrat in Virginia indicates, most likely, that some of the Bush I - Bush II - Trump support from the southwestern and rural parts of the state is slipping away. Such a part of Virginia still went for Carter and Bill Clinton while the suburban areas went for Ford, both Bushes, and Dole.

Approval numbers for Trump have become tepid in the Mountain and Deep South... Trump still projects to win the arc of states that Bill Clinton won in 1996 and have since not been close for any Democrat since 2004. (LA-AR-TN-KY-WV), but not by as dominating margins as he did in 2016. 
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2019, 11:14:27 AM »

It’s "Likely" D the same way MO and SC are "Likely" R.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies