STRIB/Mason-Dixon-MN: Biden +12, Warren +11, Sanders +9, Klobuchar +17 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:46:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  STRIB/Mason-Dixon-MN: Biden +12, Warren +11, Sanders +9, Klobuchar +17 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: STRIB/Mason-Dixon-MN: Biden +12, Warren +11, Sanders +9, Klobuchar +17  (Read 2192 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« on: October 24, 2019, 09:35:42 AM »

I believe this poll is exaggerated, but it's not a good poll for Trump, and even while I believe they severely overestimate Democrats, there is no indication MN will be as competitive as in 2016.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 07:14:46 AM »

Trump has an outside chance at MN but they dems have to run a  bad campaign. With that being said it doesn't matter. MN won't decide anything.

Trump won't win MN
It's still a possibility, but very unlikely. 2016 might've been a fluke. I think they're more likely to vote for a left-wing anti-establishment candidate or centrist anti-establishment candidate, while Trump right now became the "establishment" himself in some kind of way.

I believe ME is more likely to flip though right now. I think recently I overestimated Trump in MN, but those are outright terrible polls, even if they overestimate Democrats. I don't think the Dems will win MN in double digits, but Biden will do well in rural areas, while Warren will do better in rural MN compared to other rural Rust Belt areas, and will do very well in the Twin Cities. The huge third party vote in MN will probably go to the Dems, and a lot of Obama - Trump voters will swing back. I don't think MN will be as competitive in 2016, and i was wrong before.

But MN stays a weird state, and will do surprising things in the future i believe so. It's the only state to go for Mondale, and it almost voted for Trump in 2016, they voted for Ventura as governor and are maybe the least partisan state, very swingy and with good prospects for third parties.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies