The 2015 Radical Movement stands by fhtagn!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:47:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The 2015 Radical Movement stands by fhtagn!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The 2015 Radical Movement stands by fhtagn!  (Read 1954 times)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2019, 03:20:14 PM »

Well, looking at the RedEagleOfficial debacle  and the "Deeply Disturbing!" leaks, I guess after this thread some are planning to do the exact opposite now. Tongue

Doesn't matter, both will kill Atlasia as we know it.
Resistance will not be accepted only controlled opposition . I fail to see how recruiting at most a dozen people off site from a YouTube channel as killing a game.

I have never advocated for a "controlled opposition". I fully know Atlasia needs a strong opposition that can at least win elections.

However, off-site recruitment is not the way to go, I've been opposed to it for quite a while. Now, if those new posters eventually settle in Atlas and they want to join the game, they are more than welcome. Maybe one of them will even become a Senator or president some day! But off-site recruitment for the sake of having a zombie legion that will vote for one side breaks the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the non-written rules against off site recruitment have been weakening more and more.

In another Atlasian history lesson (man I love paying attention Yankee/Griff's history lessons. I'm such a good student Tongue ), back in 2013, Wolfentoad was condemned for several reasons. While it was nowhere near the only reason, one of the reasons he was shunned by the rest of Atlasia was that he attempted to perform off-site recruitment from Stormfront (interestingly, as the head of the Liberal party!).

https://exposewolfentoad.wordpress.com/

Interestingly, the "let's put right wingers in Labor and destroy them from the inside" that was confirmed by the "Deeply Disturbing!" Discord log was also an strategy performed by Wolfentoad back in the day lol.

Now, I won't pretend RedEagle's channel is anywhere near Stormfront. I haven't watched his videos other than the Atlas one, but very few things can top Stormfront, and I doubt a Youtube channel does. Also, nothing has happened so far.

However, if it did eventually happen, why can't all of Atlasia be united in condemning fhtagn and NYCMM's attempts to subvert Atlasia, just like all of Atlasia was united in condemning Wolfentoad first and the 2015 radicals later?

The left can easily convince people to vote and not contribute to the game at all. You guys have random people who dont care about the game, with 20 posts voting. If that's the case and off site recruiting is bad, then this game is dead and people need to move on.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2019, 03:24:34 PM »

However, if it did eventually happen, why can't all of Atlasia be united in condemning fhtagn and NYCMM's attempts to subvert Atlasia, just like all of Atlasia was united in condemning Wolfentoad first and the 2015 radicals later?

I made no attempts to do anything, and claiming anything to suggest that I have is uninformed and ridiculous. 

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2019, 05:10:06 AM »

I made no attempts to do anything, and claiming anything to suggest that I have is uninformed and ridiculous. 

Yes, you have not done anything. Yet. This is just a "what if it happens" warning thread I guess, about destroying Atlasia and what not.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2019, 02:22:38 PM »

All you run on these days is "Adam is a tyrant" and "Pericles is an annoying hack," and you dodge questions about policy. It's appropriate you're making these posts on a forum where we guess election results, because you're seriously...projecting!

And all Labor runs on is "everyone on the right is a terrorist".  :: shrugs ::

What are you even talking about? You can't just ignore accusations and be like "lol you always say that!"

I think it's clear anyone who accuses someone like Yankee of terrorism is a partisan hack, but no one is doing that. People are upset by the personal attacks, encouragement of doxxing, encouragement of 2015-style radical solutions such as leaving the game or flooding the forum with alt-right hacks, the homophobia, the transphobia, literal lies (libel!!!), shaming people for "being a loser" (hypocritically! very personal & not good!), etc. etc. etc.

No one is saying conservatism = terrorism and you're being very disingenuous (or just ignorant?) to frame the reality as such.

Leinad Overreacts: Part 54321

fhtagn pretends that Leinad is "ruled by emotions" so she can ignore the points he's actually making: Part 54322
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2019, 01:15:10 AM »

I am going to re-post this here, since it is actually more relevant to this thread anyway:

That moment when all those dire warnings about discord are proven true and you realize nobody cared then and nobody cares now.

Internet Chat mediums bring out the worst in people when they are exclusive. It is why #Atlasforum became a cesspool in 2013-2015. They also take on a life of their own and that is why we have record populations and yet few candidates for office.

Is that all that is going on here? Of course not. But there were many people who got sucked into dissolution of Atlasia simply because they were part of the clique and they bought into their distorted vision of reality and/or believed the ring leader when it came to all things Atlasia. And while we are on that subject, if any such beast arises from Discord, like it did from Mibbit, that seeks to dissolve/destroy this game, I don't care whether it is on the left or the right. I will torch it and chisel the perpetrator's names into granite with all the the other disgraced traitors.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2019, 02:01:25 AM »

Really quite relevant

If anything ACP has shifted the game to the left. They have pissed off all our moderates and driven some to join the other side. Furthermore, every time they say something extreme, Labor uses it to GOTV and recruit, which harms us too.

Last time, aside from Ben, there wasn't much extremism oozing from ACP. This time is a much different kettle of fish.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2019, 04:07:44 AM »

FWIW I don't think we use ACP to recruit members or GOTV per se but I don't see every PM that gets sent by every single lefty. Granted, it's hurt the right in other ways that I've gone into already elsewhere tonight. While I'm not sure how serious fhtagn was in this particular instance and I do understand being frustrated during day 3 of a blowout presidential election, I do think it's a broader concern that should be in the back of our minds given the increased likelhood of boredom we could see if the present coalitions hold.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2019, 02:03:50 AM »

Well I can safely say any radical movement by the Atlasian is currently dead Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies