The 2015 Radical Movement stands by fhtagn! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:38:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The 2015 Radical Movement stands by fhtagn! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 2015 Radical Movement stands by fhtagn!  (Read 1980 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: October 21, 2019, 09:48:48 AM »

While discussing the outcome of yesterday's federal election on Discord, a disturbing screenshot from somewhere leaked by dfw flew under everyone's radar at the time, but I have noticed its danger and I think it's important to discuss it.

I am pretty sure the Radical movement also found what they did circa June 2015 to be "sending a loud and clear message" and to be very satisfying. However, as later proven, the Radicals were the bad guys in this story and Atlasia has kept running until our days.

If fhtagn (that's who Ms Worldwide is I believe) wants to start a new radical movement and plot the destruction of Atlasia, go ahead. But she must know one thing: "Terrorism against this nation will not stand". Atlasia has defeated much tougher and larger movements before, and if need be terrorists against Atlasia will be defeated again.

I will also add that this is not a partisan concern. That same screenshot exonerates Louisville Thunder (and a brave anonymous user I guess), who I think would reject said movement to destroy Atlasia. I can also think of other conservatives who would not let Atlasia go down. Just like the Radicals were defeated with a mostly bipartisan coalition, if a new movement to destroy Atlasia emerges I hope said movement is defeated regardless of party labels.

I can only hope this is just the anger of the moment and not actually a threat that will be followed through. But just in case we should remain vigilant.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 01:48:25 PM »

For what's worth the "Atlasia is a bad government/elections simulator" has been around basically forever. It was already around in the 2015 discussions (though it was of course nowhere near the only topic, or even the main one):

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=215504.0

In fact, some of those posts are still applicable today; I am even tempted to draw a TNF -> fhtagn comparison Tongue

Thankfully we are nowhere near a July 2015-like situation, as a simple look to the threads back then proves.

Anyways, back on point. The very simple truth of the matter is that the GM system in Atlasia is extremely broken, as lfromnj rightly points out. Not only that but it has been broken for at least a decade.  For an idea of scale, Yankee is literally the only active player from that long ago! Some GMs have been better than others, but overall the GM system harms the government simulation part at the very least. Meanwhile the electoral simulation is always going to devolve into a popularity contest of some sort inevitably. The only proposal I have seen that doesn't run into this problem is GM simulated elections, which literally no one in Atlasia wants.

However it is still disturbing to see an elected officeholder (the "de facto" House minority leader no less!) advocate for dissolution of Atlasia as the solution to a problem. A problem that might actually solve itself in fact.  Thankfully she seems to be mostly alone in this, unlike the 2015 people who had an army of supporters (in fact that "dissolve Atlasia" at exactly 50%).
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 05:22:55 AM »

Well, looking at the RedEagleOfficial debacle  and the "Deeply Disturbing!" leaks, I guess after this thread some are planning to do the exact opposite now. Tongue

Doesn't matter, both will kill Atlasia as we know it.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 08:25:32 AM »

Well, looking at the RedEagleOfficial debacle  and the "Deeply Disturbing!" leaks, I guess after this thread some are planning to do the exact opposite now. Tongue

Doesn't matter, both will kill Atlasia as we know it.
Resistance will not be accepted only controlled opposition . I fail to see how recruiting at most a dozen people off site from a YouTube channel as killing a game.

I have never advocated for a "controlled opposition". I fully know Atlasia needs a strong opposition that can at least win elections.

However, off-site recruitment is not the way to go, I've been opposed to it for quite a while. Now, if those new posters eventually settle in Atlas and they want to join the game, they are more than welcome. Maybe one of them will even become a Senator or president some day! But off-site recruitment for the sake of having a zombie legion that will vote for one side breaks the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the non-written rules against off site recruitment have been weakening more and more.

In another Atlasian history lesson (man I love paying attention Yankee/Griff's history lessons. I'm such a good student Tongue ), back in 2013, Wolfentoad was condemned for several reasons. While it was nowhere near the only reason, one of the reasons he was shunned by the rest of Atlasia was that he attempted to perform off-site recruitment from Stormfront (interestingly, as the head of the Liberal party!).

https://exposewolfentoad.wordpress.com/

Interestingly, the "let's put right wingers in Labor and destroy them from the inside" that was confirmed by the "Deeply Disturbing!" Discord log was also an strategy performed by Wolfentoad back in the day lol.

Now, I won't pretend RedEagle's channel is anywhere near Stormfront. I haven't watched his videos other than the Atlas one, but very few things can top Stormfront, and I doubt a Youtube channel does. Also, nothing has happened so far.

However, if it did eventually happen, why can't all of Atlasia be united in condemning fhtagn and NYCMM's attempts to subvert Atlasia, just like all of Atlasia was united in condemning Wolfentoad first and the 2015 radicals later?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 05:10:06 AM »

However, if it did eventually happen, why can't all of Atlasia be united in condemning fhtagn and NYCMM's attempts to subvert Atlasia, just like all of Atlasia was united in condemning Wolfentoad first and the 2015 radicals later?

I made no attempts to do anything, and claiming anything to suggest that I have is uninformed and ridiculous. 

Yes, you have not done anything. Yet. This is just a "what if it happens" warning thread I guess, about destroying Atlasia and what not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies