The 2015 Radical Movement stands by fhtagn! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:47:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The 2015 Radical Movement stands by fhtagn! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 2015 Radical Movement stands by fhtagn!  (Read 1967 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: October 21, 2019, 10:16:27 AM »
« edited: October 21, 2019, 10:34:20 AM by Lfromnj stands with Sanchez. »

Again I took a break from Atlasia and I am determined to compete but something needs to be done to make the game more interesting in general. Its why I voted for John Dule this election, his thread was probably the first time since August that I seriously paid attention to Atlasia because its so funny. I argued a few months back for some crises or something made by the Gm's but nothing happened. I really want something to happen. Perhaps Lumine or something could even make the GM's make two  possible articles that would hurt either side of atlasia and a random generator would choose the article?

Because lets be serious in the end, you can't force a player to play and fhtagn has been a good and important part of this game and we don't want her to go.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 12:01:52 PM »

If we want to go into what is or is not actually destroying the game, we have prominent lefties who have openly admitted that this should be an elections simulator purely based on personality rather than policy.

If people want this game to be simply an elections simulator, there is no need for Atlasia to exist, because the same can be achieved via "Opinion of" threads and "Forum Community Election Matchups" threads. There's no point in having the Atlas Fantasy Government board if this is only about elections.  

We know for a fact that it's not good for the game purely based on the large number of posters this game has lost over the years (on both sides) who simply didn't want to be spammed with election PMs, and older Atlas posters just calling this game a popularity contest.

I agree. The elections are kinda fun. But the policy? Useless and boring
 It's almost as if I want to run and then just zombie vote.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 03:36:40 PM »

Tack is correct about this. I don't care which party you're in. This game can only work if we accept the fact that we have elections and sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. That's the social contract we all should abide by so that all Atlasians can enjoy the game through the many different ways you can be active.

Acting out in this manner also fundamentally gives the left more of what it wants and it serves to justify their behavior regarding their electioneering and governing tactics. Even under this kind of electorate, we shouldn't have gotten crushed like this--getting below 4 house seats. Atlasia has now elected a government that can amend the Constitution to the will of Adam Griffin and the Labor Party, and they can use the more unsavory rhetoric and behavior on the right to justify passing things that actually would make the game more unfair for right wingers. We messed up this time, and I'm sure at some point the right will win again but our actions now will determine how long it will take.

The right can serve as a valuable ideologically motivated opposition that competes fairly. Honestly, wanting to give up like this after only losing a few elections just makes us on the right look weak. I know it feels bad to know that we're a "permanent" minority on the forum, but if we just resort to crawling back into a safe space. Our strength has always been rooted in our resilience and ability to show that we are not crazy and radical. Acting like this only makes weaker and less likely to win elections in the near future, and I enjoy winning elections in Atlasia more than wallowing in an echo chamber. I guess that may make me crazy to some, but I want my old game back. We can and should stand on principle, but these principles also include preserving institutions that are worthwhile and good for society. This is what conservatism should mean. It doesn't mean throwing tantrums until the left plows through to total victory in removing a particular institution or winning on an issue only to then go onto reacting against the next thing on the let's agenda. This is how the real life Republican Party generally operates, and what attracts me to the Federalist Party here is that we present an alternative to this sort of mindset. That has been our recipe for success for years and it has kept us relevant and able to get new people to join and actually play the game as it is intended to be played even when we lost many of our elections. We are in danger of losing it all if we don't correct our course.

I stand by my rejection of any attempts to destroy the game because I don't believe in surrendering, and that is surrendering. I don't care about who I call out. Radicalism is radicalism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD3DdskaPhs
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_6ENAumWhMY
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 05:07:16 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2019, 05:39:19 PM by Lfromnj stands with Sanchez. »

Threads like this are exactly why I'm probably leaving this game. This sht is beyond corny
I disagree
 sh**t like this is what keeps me in. Drama is hillarious. It's fun to be allowed to troll and do personal attacks to some degree on this board and that's an important part of atlasia.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 07:01:03 AM »

Well, looking at the RedEagleOfficial debacle  and the "Deeply Disturbing!" leaks, I guess after this thread some are planning to do the exact opposite now. Tongue

Doesn't matter, both will kill Atlasia as we know it.
Resistance will not be accepted only controlled opposition . I fail to see how recruiting at most a dozen people off site from a YouTube channel as killing a game.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 02:03:50 AM »

Well I can safely say any radical movement by the Atlasian is currently dead Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies